It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Whether or not you have a reason for being frightened you need to trust your gut in situations like these. If your instincts are telling you something is off, then they are probably right. In any case, better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
You could of easily been looking at someone who has just committed a crime or on drugs. If you felt like you had a supernatural experience that sounds quite interesting. Has anything else mysterious happen to you recently?

I would not call it a supernatural experience but then again I don't know what to call it either so you may be correct. To your question nothing out of the ordinary has happened to me recently at all.

Thanks for posting and asking.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Yes, I've had that feeling before. It was about 11 years ago my hubby and I and my daughter who was just a baby at the time. It was around Christmas time and we had just went out and bought a real Christmas tree, we also got ornaments to put on it. This was around 4 in the afternoon, my mother in law called and asked if my daughter could come over there and she would keep her overnight, we said yes, got my daughter's things packed up, my MIL came and got her.

We brought the tree inside and my hubby figured out he had to cut the tree before we put it up LOL ... anyway my BIL came over about 8 that night and cut the tree. A few hours later after putting the lights on the tree, I needed the ornaments and realized they were still in the car, so I went out to go get them.

It was about 1:30 in the morning and a car passed there were a guy in the car ... we lived right on the corner and he was coming up one way and turned .....anyway as I was walking to the car the driver was staring at me almost hanging out of his car he didn't take his eyes off of me then he slowed down as he turned and kept staring, at that point I didn't care about the ornaments and went inside and told my hubby what had happened.

He told me I was overreacting and he was going to go outside and get the ornaments so he did and came back inside and asked me what kind of car the guy was driving, I told him and he said he just passed again and slowed down. We had the ornaments inside the house by this time, but I wanted to go back out, so me and my hubby did and the guy passed AGAIN, this time he said as he passed "now I know you are together".... and then gave this weird laugh...

I don't know who he was, what he wanted or what his plans were... but it freaked me out!

Thanks for posting your story, your guy in the car sounds way way off his rocker.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Good story pretty creepy.

I think everybody has come across a creepy person like that at one time or another. I ride the city bus so I deal with spooky people every day.

The guy you saw sure sounds like a creep. I think you did the right thing. Always trust your instinct.

So he didn't try to follow you?
Was he alone?

If you see him again try to take a picture so we can see the freak. (It could be an ATS member.
)

p.s.- the first comment by Boncho was too funny!

edit on 15-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

I don't think he tried to follow me because when I left the gas station he was still standing there with the pump in his hand and still staring at me until I could not see him anymore.

I really don't know if he was alone or not, his car had heavy tint on the windows.

If I ever see him again I will not be hanging around to take his picture.
I hope to never see him again anywhere at any time.

Thanks for the post and the good questions.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Maybe the vibe came from a past life altercation ...soul to soul....?

It could very well be, and I appreciate your input here.
I am open to all ideas and even the suggestions made that I over-reacted to nothing.
I don't believe I over-reacted but I still read those posts and think about it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron
This kind of thing with the level of intensity you described has happened to me once in my life. It freaked me out so much I still remember the month and year that it happened.

At the time, I lived near the water on the north end of Seattle. Consequently, day or night, any one of the many beaches in the area were really natural places to take your girlfriend or hang with your buddies. Now to the story. Back in the fall of 1984, my girlfriend (now wife) and I were out on a cheap date one night and decided to go down to one of the more remote beaches in the area. We had come to this beach many times before and never had any weird impending doom sensations about the place so neither of us was on our guard. The mood was really light and we were enjoying each other's company.

We hadn't checked the tide charts or anything so we weren't too surprised when the tide was far enough in that there wasn't really any place to walk along the beach. We thought about walking along the train tracks that border the beach all the way from Seattle and on into Canada, but discretion got the better of us. So we basically had nothing to do, but neither of us wanted to go home. So as we sat in my really classy 1974 Chevy Vega deciding what to do (and no wisecracks about being alone in my car, at night with my girlfriend...) we decided to walk out onto this private wharf/dock that neither of us had been on before. At the back of the dock was what looked like a pretty good sized warehouse and in front of the building were about 6 vehicles. It was dimly lit, but nothing that would alarm either one of us. There was a chain across the driving ramp to keep vehicles from going up there, but there weren't any "no trespassing" signs.

So we decide this is a good idea and get out of the car, smiling, laughing, and ready for an innocent adventure. My car was in a parking lot that was maybe 150 feet from the ramp going up to the dock and getting to it entailed climbing up a low bank, crossing the railroad tracks, and then strolling across a very narrow street.

We started out for the ramp, neither of us really talking to the other... By the time we crossed the railroad tracks, the light and airy mood had turned quite malevolent. Still neither of us spoke. I know from my standpoint, I thought it was just nerves and was all for pushing on forward. She must have felt the same way because she didn't stop either. By the time we got to the chain at the bottom of the ramp the evil was palpable - it was a very real and threatening presence. I looked at her, she looked at me and without one word we both SPRINTED HARD back to the car. I started it up and burned rubber getting out of there. We didn't start talking about it until probably 5 minutes later, after the adrenaline had worn off.

Really frightening. It's never happened to that degree ever again.

Very interesting story, do you ever think about the idea what if you kept going?.....Would you be posting here today if you did?
Maybe it was nothing, Maybe you might not exist today either.....
Excellent post and thanks for sharing it with us.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

good reading and I appreciate your input to this thread, makes me wonder how many times people have the bells and whistles going off but ignore them?

Regards, Iwinder

I think pretty much everyone, how many times have you heard people say 'I knew there was something funny about him/her/it'.... But AFTER its happened, I learned in the last few years to trust instincts, there is alot of noise when trying to listen to them, but when you need to listen they will let you know.

Correct, I am glad I listened to my instincts. Without a doubt I am glad, I also could not possible ignore them as they were just screaming.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by abeverage
Sitting in a Pub one night. Tall guy, with long hair and a black leather jacket comes in, not a regular and does not order anything. Just stares right at me and says "Do I know you"? I have never seen the guy and tell him I don't know him. Still staring me down I tell a friend I got a bad feeling and they agree we get up go outside for a bit come back in and he's gone.

Typically when I am in a pub I miss out on stuff and my pub is pretty harmless not a lot of fighters. Also when I have had a pint or two I am happy and not real paranoid. I had already had several but I just knew this guy was bad news...
edit on 15-10-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

That is exactly how I felt except it was more of a dreadful feeling, one that I have never experienced before.
Thanks for sharing your story here.
Regards, Iwinder

Actually I felt like the guy was there to do me massive bodily harm or take my soul that is how freaky he seemed!

I haven't told this story to many people because it still freaks me out -- but since you mentioned you felt that the guy might "take your soul," I should tell you.

About 14 years ago, I was still in the US on a journalist visa and worried that I might have to leave at some point, I consulted an immigration lawyer (not a very nice lady, BTW, her license plate also spelled EVL
). She told me flat out that there was no other way than getting married, which left me very distraught because I was single at the time.

The very same night, I went to my favorite hangout and met this guy, C. He was 10-15 years older than me, had long hair and -- kind of disconcerting -- one blue and one brown eye. I told him about my woes, and he said, "Oh, I'LL marry you." I'm like, WTF? I mean, how many people get proposals after a five-minute chat with a total stranger? He said, "No problem, I'll help you, you don't even have to live with me or anything... but who knows, maybe you would like to at some point."

That sounded really nice and all, but I was still suspicious and asked him why in the world he would do something like that, and he said, "Don't you remember me? I've been waiting for you my whole life."

As I was running around in the deepest New Age circles at the time, it was immediately clear to me that he was talking about some past-life thing we might have had together. He creeped me out a bit, but then he suggested that we could just get to know each other a bit better, so that I would come to trust him, and I thought that was a good idea. I agreed to hang out with him over the next few days, just to see what he was like.

Pretty much the next day, he started to get on my nerves like you wouldn't believe. He had this aggravating habit of just babbling incessantly, like he couldn't stand one minute of silence. At some point, I made a comment to that regard, and he acted a bit peeved. Amazingly, I still didn't back off -- in hindsight, I can't believe I was that stupid, but that immigration thing had me so freaked out that I was willing to make all kinds of compromises and disregard my -- usually very astute -- inner voice.

Two days later, he said he wanted to introduce me to really good friends of his and I agreed, thinking that you can judge someone's character by the friends he has. We drove over to the next town in his pickup truck, and he kept babbling again until I couldn't take it anymore. I said, "Could we just be quiet for a minute? I can't even hear myself think." Whereupon he grabbed a hand gun hidden between the seats of the truck, pressed it into my hand, and said, "Then shoot me -- why don't you shoot me?"

I sat there frozen. I'd never even held a gun before, and it became clear to me that this guy was just f$%^& crazy. We were already too far ahead to turn around, and I was scared, so I didn't say anything further. By the time we met his friends at their house -- seemingly very nice people who made Wiccan-type silver jewelry -- he seemed normal again. He even asked me to pick out one of their silver necklaces, which he wanted to give to me later "as a sign of his affection." So I picked a pendant, but he didn't give it to me then and there. He said it needed to be "prepared" first, which I found weird.

They said we'd have a BBQ later on at their house, but for now they still had stuff to do, so we drove into town to kill some time. Same thing happened -- the babbling -- and for some reason, I just couldn't let it go. I said something again, and he angrily shut up (finally!), but then, while we were sitting on a bench, he started talking to himself -- but not in the way that regular people might just mutter something, but as though he was having a real dialogue with someone, nodding and grinning, and saying, "uh-huh," "yeah, exactly," and so forth. It totally freaked me out.

(continued)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Iwinder

I haven't read many of the replies on this thread so this question may have been asked. (I sure hope so anyway.)

You said.....

Now this truck takes 100 Liters so I am in for a long fill up at the self serve pump.

100 Liters.

But before that you said....

weigh about 185 pounds.

185 pounds.

So throughout you measure fuel in metric but height and weight in english measure.

Why?

We have to buy our gas here in Litres because that is the way the pumps are calibrated.
We do not have to use metric for height or weight unless it involves a government document.
Almost everyone here in Canada will tell you their weight or height in English.
But speed limits and liquids will always be metric.

I hope this answers your questions.
Thanks for asking
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Iwinder

A joke? No, I should think not. It isn't very funny, is it?
In fact, it is so creepy that I was reluctant to even post it, and if you hadn't quoted it I would have removed it.

But, yes, maybe it can serve as a warning. Of course such circumstances doesn't befall people very often; most people probably never meet such a psycho - a serial killer - but a least it can serve as a warning against being too easily swayed by someone's appearance and demeanour.
My friend almost was; and apparently a few other women were. And they ended up dead.

Like another poster, I, too, am surprised that so many seem to be dismissing your reaction.
Our instincts can run circles around our rational mind.

Thanks for the nice post and your thoughts.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerdyclutzyblonde
Iwinder,

So sorry you experienced something like this!!!

I, as well, have had a similar experience.
Analytically, I don't know what my experience stemmed from.

What I can say the feeling was so strong that it overrode everything else.

The person who freaked me out did not stare but rather was in a service position. I couldn't get away from that person fast enough. The people I was with thought I was crazy and they might be right. But I felt 100% sure that leaving was best option.

When people stare, I have learned to pump up my own "energy" so to speak. And then ask as kindly as possible with a ton of confidence, how may I help you? That's if there's other people around. That usually stops anyone with mal intent in their tracks.

No matter what, always trust your gut instinct. I feel it's there for a good reason.

I agree with you on all counts, especially this "What I can say the feeling was so strong that it overrode everything else."

That is what I keep saying here on this thread, I could not possibly ignore that feeling.
Thanks for adding to the thread
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
There is a man who comes into my place of work, I believe him to be in his late twenties/early thirties.

The first time we interacted was about 4 or 5 years ago. I literally shuddered. I was chilled to the bone in the strangest way.
I have always been a good read of people and this guy has never let me down in creepiness. (Though I still feel it)

He would frequent us a lot a couple years back, but I have only seen him once or twice this year, thankfully.

I think we all have a person like this in our life. I don't believe in "souls" but if I did, I would consider him genuinely evil.

Nice addition to the stories here and much appreciated.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Iwinder

are you a girl??

I am male maybe I should have been more clear in the OP on that but I figured that with me being 6'1" tall and 185 pounds, and telling my wife all about what happened to me would be clear enough.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supernatural
I grew up as a kid in Vancouver, Canada. I remember that one time, my little brother and I (we were both quite young) were playing in the front yard, and this pickup truck rolled up, but the truck was kind of hidden behind a tree. I immediately felt uneasy and told my brother to go inside. I followed behind him, and I looked back and the driver was staring directly at me. As soon as we were inside, the truck sped off. We could've been kidnapped that day. *shudders*

Good story and a good call on your part, I find it interesting that most posters here with stories remember them very clearly indeed.

Thanks
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bayy007
reply to post by Iwinder

Wow. What a wild experience, thanks for sharing. I can relate I have felt this 'vibe' when there is someone I meet I instantly get bad vibes. I must say I almost always listen to this feeling, maybe it's a good thing you got out of there when you did.

edit on 03/10/2012 by Bayy007 because: (no reason given)

I am very glad I did what I did and when I did it. LOL

I could not possibly ignore my feelings at the time and they said get away from this guy.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
Exceptionally spellbinding subject matter (pun intended). Still, this is the sort of stuff that could be collected with permissions and published.

Just a thought.

Several years ago, a lady colleague and I were invited to a TV station to be interviewed about some charity work we were involved in. The staff there could not have been more gracious and humble for a major market (Dallas-Ft. Worth) network affiliate. The prime time newsmen and women themselves took turns giving us an entirely unexpected tour of the facility, and we were treated as if we were royalty.

However, in the process of meeting virtually all of the staff and a few other visitors, there was one introduction that caused me instant and total discomfort. A lady of average height, weight, etc. walked up and although I was at least three to four inches taller than she was, I had the feeling she was towering far above me. I have always had an ego problem (as in too much ego), and this is the only time in my life I sincerely felt I may be in the presence of a potentially evil person. Two hours later that experience was still in the very forefront of my mind even after the distraction of an important plea for charity work. As we exited the building, and before I could say anything my co-worker, now visibly shaken, turned to me and simply said "Did you feel that?" Neither of us could pinpoint the exact reason, but she had also experienced it as severe dread. She told me she believed the lady's eyes were not human, using her exact words.

I truly hope to never know what happened, unless we were just wrong and have given the lady a bum rap all these years. As is, however, I can say that after 15 years that memory still is not only fresh in my mind, but definitely one of the two most frightening of my full 54 years.

Great thread.

Fantastic post and many thanks for sharing it with us here.

That is quite a story and I can relate to the sever dread feelings.
Again Thanks
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
Exceptionally spellbinding subject matter (pun intended). Still, this is the sort of stuff that could be collected with permissions and published.

Just a thought.

Several years ago, a lady colleague and I were invited to a TV station to be interviewed about some charity work we were involved in. The staff there could not have been more gracious and humble for a major market (Dallas-Ft. Worth) network affiliate. The prime time newsmen and women themselves took turns giving us an entirely unexpected tour of the facility, and we were treated as if we were royalty.

However, in the process of meeting virtually all of the staff and a few other visitors, there was one introduction that caused me instant and total discomfort. A lady of average height, weight, etc. walked up and although I was at least three to four inches taller than she was, I had the feeling she was towering far above me. I have always had an ego problem (as in too much ego), and this is the only time in my life I sincerely felt I may be in the presence of a potentially evil person. Two hours later that experience was still in the very forefront of my mind even after the distraction of an important plea for charity work. As we exited the building, and before I could say anything my co-worker, now visibly shaken, turned to me and simply said "Did you feel that?" Neither of us could pinpoint the exact reason, but she had also experienced it as severe dread. She told me she believed the lady's eyes were not human, using her exact words.

I truly hope to never know what happened, unless we were just wrong and have given the lady a bum rap all these years. As is, however, I can say that after 15 years that memory still is not only fresh in my mind, but definitely one of the two most frightening of my full 54 years.

Great thread.

Fantastic post and many thanks for sharing it with us here.

That is quite a story and I can relate to the sever dread feelings.
Again Thanks
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
(continued from above)

At that point, I just knew he was literally mad. When we got back to his car, I tried to tell him as gently as possible that I didn't think this would work out. He started going really crazy then -- he pounded his chest and shouted, "But I have so much love in here!", bursting into tears, and then 30 seconds later, he started laughing madly. I was so scared, I didn't dare say anything more; I was actually trembling, but I figured he might do something to me if I kept harping on.

We went back to his friends' house and I sat outside by the fire pit while he was "working out" something with his friends inside. A few people were hanging out around the fire, obviously other BBQ guests, and I overheard them talking about how great it was to have Satan as their master and how he was the ruler of the world. I felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach. I had obviously stumbled into a Satanists' den!!!

At that moment, I felt with 100% certainty that if I couldn't make it out of there soon, I'd lose my soul. Not to speak of the physical harm this guy could do to me. Interestingly, I'd been in a few life-threatening situations in m life, but this feeling of losing my soul was the worst I'd ever experienced... much worse than just the fear of dying. I felt so sick, I thought I'd throw up any moment. I snuck into the bathroom in the house and started praying to God, to the archangels, my spirit guides, anyone I could think of, even my friend and roommate. I begged them to get me out of there in one piece. Then I heard an inner voice tell me to just play it cool and keep the ball flat and pretend that I was sick (not much to pretend there), and if I could make it home OK, I would be safe.

Back outside, I started to clutch my stomach and whimper (as I said, not much pretending necessary). Then C. came out of the house carrying the necklace I'd picked earlier and insisted on putting it around my neck. The same inner voice told me not to let him fasten the clasp around my neck because he was going to "bind" me somehow. So as he fumbled with the necklace, I made him drop it and then pretended to fasten the clasp myself but actually slipped the necklace into my shirt pocket, where it felt like it was burning a hole in there.

I whined and cried and asked him to PLEASE drive me home because I was so ill. He finally relented and drove me home. On the way, I pretended to be asleep so I wouldn't have to talk to him. When he delivered me to my house and I'd closed the door behind me, it was like a spell was broken and I knew it was over. The next morning, my roommate told me she'd been very worried about me because she was sure she'd heard me cry out the night before (that was when I was in that bathroom, crying for help).

I never saw the guy again (thank God!); just left him a message on his phone that I didn't think this would work out -- still tried to be nice so he wouldn't get all vengeful on me. I buried the necklace far out in the desert, and I vowed to myself that I would never get married for a piece of paper, only for love, no matter what happened.

Epilogue: A few weeks later, a friend of my roommate's, A., came over and when we talked about C., he said he knew of him. He'd had a girlfriend a while ago, a lovely and very lively young woman A. knew very well. He said he saw her again a few weeks after she'd gotten together with C., and she was a mere shadow of her former self. She tried to open her mouth and speak but couldn't, and he found that very scary. He'd also heard from someone else that the two had been out in the desert, and C. had been beating her up and humiliating her in the worst ways. According to A., this girl ended up in a mental hospital.

So I consider myself very lucky that I got out of there... and I'll never forget the complete agony I felt when I realized I could be losing my soul. I've never -- before or after -- have been so afraid in my entire life.
edit on 16-10-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I was trying to think of anyone that I had run into who was in the category described by the OP and was coming up blank. I have worked for decades in security and also hitch-hiked around Europe, so I have seen a lot of disturbing people but I couldn't think of anyone who looked like they were seconds from exploding lethally until finally I thought of one.

This guy was working in a very disreputable establishment that I used to patronize and was new to the situation. I think he must have been filling in for someone. Something wasn't working properly that day and I went to complain to the guy about it and he gave me a bone chilling, wide eyed thousand yard stare. I was one yard away from him.

I felt a visceral reaction of fright and decided that things were not that bad after all, regarding my complaint. It was like backing off from a mad dog.

So yeah. Been there. You have my sympathies. You did the right thing in going with your gut, especially when your gut wanted to get going and had no serious reason to stay.
edit on 16-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the nice post and story, a comment on your last sentence, even if this happened somewhere and I had a serious reason or reasons to stay I would have left anyways one way or the other it was that powerful.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Ummm... where's the "then, later that night, this same guy was reported in the news as murdering the service station attendant" or something denouement?

Wow. Talk about anticlimactic...
I want my few minutes back

Thanks for the post and the Laugh, on a serious note though you might just have read that had I stuck around.
We will never know and I am glad of that.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join