It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I've gotten bad vibes off people but the creepiest example wasn't directed at me. I worked the graveyard shift @ 7-11 in a small tourist town. I always felt pretty safe, I know most of the locals, it was the travelers I watched.

It was about 2 am and these two guys came in for gas. At that time it was pay after pump. One pumped gas while the other came in. It was apparent he didn't want anything he wasn't paying for gas. He wasn't being overly flirty just a little too chatty/friendly. Either way I didn't like it and wanted him gone.

The other guy finished pumping and came in. By this time the chatty customer was leaning over on my counter. I had stepped off to the side with one hand on my panic button and the other on my raid yard guard, we weren't allowed pepper spray. The minute the other guy came in everything changed. He didn't even look at me but shot a look that could kill at his partner. The guy on my counter immediately straightened up. He was no longer smiling/chatty he backed off sheepishly. The guy continued to stare him down not saying word. It was only after he was satisfied with whatever it was he was doing that he finally turned to me and smiled.

His eyes weren't right. They were red with black irises and too watery. He wasn't a drunk/druggie I've seen lots of them. They didn't strike me as a gay couple so I really don't understand why this guy was so upset that his friend was flirting with me. What did he know? Those eyes and that smile just didn't match. He apologized for his friend and shot him another hard look. He thanked me and they left. The two reminded me of the guys from "In Cold Blood." I'll never forget that look. I don't know what was worse the eyes or that out of place smile. I quit a short time later.
edit on 10-15-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

Good post and I thank you for it, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I worked retail selling beer etc.....
I met a lot of strange and angry people in my years selling beer but never had anyone rattle me like the gas station guy.

Thanks for sharing your story,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by Iwinder

Once long ago,when I took a short bus trip out of town instead of flying since, I thought it would be more cost efficient, theneither by car or flying, there was a woman sitting acriss the aisle from me, and I just felt bad vibes coming off from her. I was never so glad as to see her get off at the next stop. Still puzzles me to this day, when I think about it as to why.

(Maybe just a psychic vampire)

Thanks for sharing your story, almost a carbon copy of my thoughts you posted as to thinking why was I so upset and spooked by this guy?

I will never know but I never want that feeling again!

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
2 things.

When my neighbors moved in to the East of me, they were doing a bunch of things in their back yard.. about a month after moving in the man came over and started talking to the husband and I came out.. he was disturbed my ME being there. SO I just talk with them, blah blah blah.. show him Im not whatever he assumed I was I guess. He said he was going to go tell (whatever the womans name is ) that we were alright. I just looked at him weird and shrugged. He said they didnt know what we were like because I stared at him and them when they were outside and didnt smile or wave or anything. That I was a lot more friendly than they assumed. This made me laugh.. Im nearsighted, I didnt even know I was staring at them .. as in I didnt SEE anyone over there and was looking toward noise.. and apparently I need a new RX for the contacts.
In the OP.. the guy might have just been nearsighted or a serial killer.. whichever you choose.

I drive a reasonably expensive car.. and Im not the average housewife. My mom had some trouble and I am in Southern Illinois, she is in Browning, Montana. I have an aversion to the TSA and being handled by strangers... so I drove. Like a maniac.. from Il to Montana. Left the husband here with the kids so I was alone. I may have frightened people as well..unintentionally. I was PISSED OFF the whole ride there.. and I am sure I looked it.Im a pretty intense person as it is.. and this was a situation that I was enraged over.. I didnt stop to wash my car.. I only stopped to gas up and grab food. Im pretty sure I was mumbling to myself.. rehearsing what Id say at council.. trying to convey what I needed to in as few words as possible ( AKA without telling them horrible things with horrible words.. in a horrible way). Like me, the guy was just probably focused on other things and not folks staring at him who think he is staring at them. I know I was.. I didnt even bite at the words that are usually said by random men to women in gas stations and truck stops.. I may have just bared my teeth and growled.

I am all for instincts and being aware of your surroundings, but I just have a hard time seeing the sense in seeing bad in normal actions. If it were me, I may have asked the guy if all was good... never know how you can help someone... or sidetrack a chain of events.

On the flip side, when I was severely assaulted several yrs ago.. the "youths" who tried it didnt look scary. Not to me anyway. They looked like trouble, but I didnt think theyd be as stupid as they decided to be. Perhaps they need to work on their 3rd eye... for their own safety in the future.
The older I get the more I see the talent in not just sensing danger, but sensing the stupid that seems to live well in some folks. Theyre more dangerous than the dangerous!

It is very possible the scenario you put forth in your post could be what happened to me here.

I can see a bad day with an expensive car after a long trip having to stop in a strange town to gas up and all the while scowling at the world because of your problems.
Thanks for your addition to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy
I might have had a few incidents but only one sticks out in my mind and it's been about 20 years or so since it happened.

I used to work at a small regional airport. That day I was working the ticket counter. I was standing up there by myself as it wasn't busy at the time. I was just up there in case someone came in for a ticket or check in for a flight or whatever.

So, I'm up there by myself and this man comes in. He was well dressed and groomed. He looked like any normal business man.

He walked up to the ticket counter and I can't remember the exact conversation but it went something like this:

Me: Can I help you?
Him: Do you have any men working?
Me: Yes, do you need help with your bags?
Him: I don't like men or boys. I want to see (or cut I can't remember) their jugular veins cut and watch them bleed to death.(said in a soft, calm normal speaking voice like he was talking about the weather)
Me: Um....I'll be right back.

So I zoomed into the back office freaking out and told everyone else and the police were called.

I stayed in the back until the police came. The police talked to him outside and he left. I don't think they arrested him. It's an anti-climatic ending because all I recall the police saying to us is that they talked to him and let him go. No idea what that conversation was. He probably told them he never said anything like that, I don't know.

All I DO know is I will never forget that. I remember vividly in my mind this normal looking gentleman walking up to me and saying what he said.

And why the police would let him go I have no idea.

Anyway, yes he creeped me out. Never judge a book by it's cover!!!!!!
edit on 10/15/12 by Beldy because: spelling

Interesting story, the guy sounds like he might have been a bit off.........You never mentioned that he alarmed you in any way before the conversation began so I assume all was good until he opened his mouth.

This is the thing here, in my case all my bells and whistles were going full ahead without one word exchanged between us...

Thanks for adding to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by peewee1263
This happened about 7 years ago. I live in a mid-sized town where hardly anything ever happens. One sunny summer day I parked my car on one of the main drags in town and started walking toward the store where I was headed. As I approached, some guy started walking toward me. He asked me if I would get in his pickup, which was parked right in front of the store, and turn the ignition, while he climbed underneath and did something, trying to get it started. That's when I noticed he was carrying some kind of small hammer and his passenger side door was open. It was probably totally innocent, but I have to tell ya, right then I knew that he was looking to do somebody some serious harm. I just kept walking and that was the last I saw of him. This was in the middle of the day with plenty of people around, but I got such a bad feeling from him that I've never forgotten this. I just thank god it was me, that knew better, other than someone who didn't.

Thanks for the post and story, I see a theme here and that is people who are posting stories similar to mine have very vivid memories of the said event.

Mine is only a week old but I will never forget this, and if it happened 20 years ago I am sure it would be clear as a sunny day to me right now.

Thanks for the post
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

"Most of the time though I am not trying to do "the stare" so it might be a subconscious thing.

I hope this makes sense, I just woke up (I have to work tonight ).

Raist"

It makes a lot of sense, but in my opinion what happened to me was a very direct intentional stare that was not the sub conscious working but some kind of evil I have never experienced before.

Good post and food for thought, I am ruling nothing out here.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
From your story it sounds like that guy got a very good look at you, your vehicle and your license plate if you have front plates. So, I'd keep an eye out for that guy and be prepared if he shows up again.

Of course he could just be your neighbors new boyfriend and she told him something you did that ticked her off and now he is staring you down in a just make a move fashion.

Or, he was looking for a car wash and wanted to ask you where one was, but was too shy to ask.

And last, maybe he was an alien, yeah that's it, he was an alien trying to communicate and your mind was too strong from him to manipulate.

There is a car wash on site at the gas station, also I would remember this car if it was a neighbous boyfriend because it was a very nice newer mustang and cars like that don't go unnoticed by me.

Thanks for adding to the thread
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by squittles
I'm surprised there seems to be such skepticism over your experience - I kind of thought everyone had, at some point or another, experienced this "bad vibe" situation - in fact, I've seen a lot of "advice from police" articles on how to avoid becoming a victim, and they nearly always recommend "Trust your instincts." IMO, hundreds of thousands of years of evolution has imprinted our brains with certain instincts - instincts we often rationalize away - I can't believe I'm the only one where, after something bad has happened, can recall feelings of warning that we ignored.

Anyway, a recent similar situation - my daughter and I were shopping at a grocery store and while checking out, noticed out of the corner of my eye this rather large, somewhat fat young man - wasn't looking at us, didn't look threatening or even remarkable at all, just some guy a couple of lines over, kinda slovenly and harmless, standing in line. Yet I recall a clear sense of "Let's hurry up and get out of here" - which I did.

Out in the parking lot, walking to the car with our shopping basket, my daughter asked rather urgently "Did you see that guy?!" Pretending I hadn't, I just said "What guy?" as I opened the trunk of my car.

All of a sudden, I was staggered by a surge of adrenaline, my hairs stood on end, and I had the clearest feeling that someone was about to hit me in the back of my head - I flinched as I could almost feel the back of my skull being crushed. I remember thinking that if I didn't move, *now*, I was going to be in a lot of trouble - maybe even dead. I looked over my shoulder to see what was going on, and about 30 feet away and hurrying directly towards me was that guy - all 300+ pounds of him - and now I could see his face, and "harmless" was the last word I'd use to describe the scowl on his face and his weirdly shining eyes.

I decided I'd rather put my groceries in the far passenger side, and put the car and the cart between us and the approaching guy. My daughter and I both watched him walk by, pretending not to, but standing back, while he looked at us from the corner of *his* eye as he passed.

Nothing happened - and we got in my car, and my daughter immediately said "What the eff was *that*? There was something really wrong with that guy", and I told her "I know, I felt it too", and explained the sense I had that I was about to be attacked from behind, and why I'd moved. She went on to describe her sense of insane violence she'd felt coming from him, even in the store.

I mention that because two people felt it; it wasn't just me. Both of our instincts might well have been misfiring, and it was all an innocent misunderstanding on our parts. But it sure didn't feel that way ...

WOW I am glad to read that you listened to your gut for your sake and your daughters sake.

Excellent post and I thank you for it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yeah I understand that. That is why I added that sometimes having who ever or whatever in my line of vision feels as though it need to stay there even though I am not looking at them/it particularly. Okay maybe I did not word it exactly like that and maybe that added a bit of confusion.

I will try to explain.

Say for instance we are both in a restaurant, and it looks as though I am looking at you. I am not looking at you but somewhere "beyond" you I guess. Say you get up and my "gaze" seems to follow you and you think I am still staring at you. That is and is not the case. Sure I am keeping you in my "field of vision", but I am still looking beyond you. Something about whatever falls into my line of vision when I start doing this is comfortable. It is sort of hard to explain I guess.

What I am trying to say is that it might seem as though I am staring at you as you move around the room, but I am not, at least in the sense of staring at you. It is more like the person or item in question is my sight like on a rifle. I am using them/it to look beyond at whatever I am thinking about. Having something in my line of sight makes it comfortable and easier to focus on what my mind is looking at. Reading this it sounds sort of stupid, and maybe a bit childish in the staring factor, but this is the best way I can describe it.

That may not be the case with this guy but that is what takes place with me.

Raist

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'll bet the guy was just messing with you. Just for the fun of it.
Really, what did he do besides look at you ? Nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'll tell you something else, which I actually wanted to post before but reconsidered.
I am telling it now because it is relevant to "gut feelings".

A few years ago a good friend of mine met a man at a vernissage.
My friend is highly intelligent (and I am not just saying that), but she also likes the company of handsome men; and this man was unusually, extraordinarily, incredibly handsome. She said she had never seen anyone quite as handsome before. They talked and sipped wine and talked some more - all very innocent, no improper innuendos. The man also seemed to be very well-liked by everyone present.

As she was leaving the art gallery, this man (already in his car) offered to give her a lift home. She declined, and he insisted, but not in an unpleasant way. He said that he couldn't sleep unless he knew she arrived home safely - joking, of course, but in a nice and charming way.
As she lived nearby - so the ride couldn't take long anyway - and he was very charming she finally accepted.
He stepped out of the car and opened the other car door for her.
As she was about to slip into the car, standing very close to him and his smiling, amazingly beautiful face, she was suddenly struck by a totally irrational premonition that this man was going to harm her. She said her blood suddenly ran cold - so much so that she felt almost nauseous.

So she quickly invented an excuse - that she had to go back because she had forgotten something - and he said he would wait for her. She said it wasn't necessary, but he insisted.
She quickly went inside and asked a friend if she would come back home with her. But the friend was reluctant to leave, so my friend looked for a backdoor exit. Luckily they had one. She used it and hurried home.

Back home she felt very annoyed with herself - she had never done anything like that before - and for the next few days mulled over her own "stupidity" for standing up such a hunk.

Maybe ten or fifteen days later - less than a month later - she suddenly saw his unforgettable face on the TV news.
He had killed several women.

edit on 15-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
I can't stand people who stare at me. You should of been like "HEY!!!!!". Like saying hello, most of the time the person will turn around and stop staring. It was a gas station most likely there are cameras, only an idiot would try something at a gas station.

He could of followed you home though, would be impossible to get away from a boss mustang in a truck but never know some people just can't drive worth a damn. I'm thinking you got the vibe that you thought he was a killer and wanted to get away before you gave him the chance.

I got the vibe all right and then some, It occurred to me as I left his line of sight leaving the gas station, that yes his car is fast an nimble.

Then I thought to myself that yes my truck is heavy and big, barring a gun shot I figured if he tries to follow me I will run him of the road big time....

These were drastic thoughts because I will tell you right now I love my truck and to even think about using it for a ramming crash situation is not in my usual line of thoughts......If I did that I could not possibly afford to replace the truck, but that was just what I was thinking. Run the bastard off the road and make sure it counts.

Scares me even to post that last paragraph, never a ticket or accident here in all my life but yet I was ready to do some serious Mad Max to save my ass.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
For some reason the way you conveyed your story I thought you were a woman and when you said you were headed home to your wife, I laughed a little inside! What made you so scared of a complete stranger that you would stop pumping gas when you were only 20% through? Seems weird to me.. I can't relate..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by headb
reply to post by Iwinder

Hi.

Some people in rural areas weren't taught that it was rude to stare at people. Staring is actually a childish act and instinctual and primal behavior. Learned behavior dictates that we do not stare at other people, but if you notice, children who haven't been indoctrinated to this will stare at strangers. We do this because we want to learn everything we could from this stranger, until we are indoctrinated that this behavior is unacceptable.

Your choice is not uncommon either. To see a grown man acting like a child is not normal. It will spook me out too honestly. Just saying it's instinctive and that you noticed it cause you're "civilized" . That's like a shortcut to knowing what's safe and not.

He may be staring at you for various reasons: behavior or mannerisms he's never seen before, never seen a city slacker, things you wear, car you got, or for just being you???

Very nice post and it sure does add to the mix here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
I was working behind a customer service desk one time. Our lawfirm did indigent criminal defense so I was used to some scary characters coming through the doors. I was never really afraid of any of them. Other employees were around but not in that exact area. Within hearing distance but in offices so no visual. I was looking down at something on my desk when someone came in. They came up to my desk and asked a question, no biggie, can't even remember what it was. As I started raising my head to make eye contact, before I even got to the person's face, the hair all over my body stood on end, I started shaking and jumped up and away from the desk....backwards - all before I got to his face. When I met his face and eyes, I was shaking so bad I could barely talk. I will never forget it to this day. He was pretty average looking, tall middle aged man, nothing remarkable, not even about his eyes. My voice was shaking terribly when I responded but I couldn't control it. He left. I can't remember the conversation either. Just the immense and intense feeling of solid, gripping, overwhelming fear. I have been around a few people who make my hair stand on end. I ALWAYS pay attention and distance myself as quickly as possible. But nothing had before or since come close to the grip of fear of this one occasion. I remember the feeling vividly.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

Nice addition to this thread and I think nobody will discount your experience, your statement of " I remember the feeling vividly."

rings true to my experience, I will never ever forget this one.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Are you black? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've been in this situation, and have been the creepy person.

But I think this reliable (and only) bit of advice from Dane Cook can save us:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Bumped into people like this before, they totally throw off your whole mental balance for days or weeks and can lead to depression as well.

Lots of negative energy, negative thoughts, an aura, can be projected onto other people which is why I try to keep certain people at arms length to avoid being "contaminated" by their feelings.

Try standing in front of a mirror, staring at yourself (your eyes) for a little while without blinking or turning away - this should reset whatever got knocked off key.
edit on 15-10-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Iwinder

Yeah I understand that. That is why I added that sometimes having who ever or whatever in my line of vision feels as though it need to stay there even though I am not looking at them/it particularly. Okay maybe I did not word it exactly like that and maybe that added a bit of confusion.

I will try to explain.

Say for instance we are both in a restaurant, and it looks as though I am looking at you. I am not looking at you but somewhere "beyond" you I guess. Say you get up and my "gaze" seems to follow you and you think I am still staring at you. That is and is not the case. Sure I am keeping you in my "field of vision", but I am still looking beyond you. Something about whatever falls into my line of vision when I start doing this is comfortable. It is sort of hard to explain I guess.

What I am trying to say is that it might seem as though I am staring at you as you move around the room, but I am not, at least in the sense of staring at you. It is more like the person or item in question is my sight like on a rifle. I am using them/it to look beyond at whatever I am thinking about. Having something in my line of sight makes it comfortable and easier to focus on what my mind is looking at. Reading this it sounds sort of stupid, and maybe a bit childish in the staring factor, but this is the best way I can describe it.

That may not be the case with this guy but that is what takes place with me.

Raist

Thanks again for your input, would looking looking at me as I drive past all the way out of sight help you focus on your thoughts?

Not a dig nor a stupid question I am serious in my quest to try and figure out why this guy put me on high alert.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Iwinder

I'll bet the guy was just messing with you. Just for the fun of it.
Really, what did he do besides look at you ? Nothing.

If you read my OP I have dealt with drunks and druggies and just normal people too for most of my working years.
I have never ever had this feeling before about a person and yes I have had face to face death threats but I knew they were just alcohol talking and they never worried me too much.

I had to hit the panic button at work maybe 5 times for help, but never once even hitting the button did my hair stand up like it did last week.

Thanks so much for your input.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 15-10-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join