Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Has a person ever spooked you so bad you just want to get away from them by any means possible?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Some years ago I worked in an office. I was walking out at the end of the day with a girl I worked with as we chatted. She was parked a couple of floors above me. So, we parted there - I walked to my truck and she up the stairs.

As I was fumbling with my keys, I noticed a guy that was hanging around my floor go up the stairs as well and something made me feel that "this was not right". I debated with myself for a second and then started up the stairs.

When I got to the floor where the girl was parked she was walking to her car. The guy was approaching her from behind. I coughed loudly. He turned, and looked at me. He must have not liked what he saw because he ran across the level and down the stairs on the other side.

Yeah - sometimes it instincts are right.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SallieSunshine
I work with the public so every once in a while I do come across a person who gives off a down-right evil vibe. There have been times when I handed the person off to a co-worker because I just couldn't deal with the menacing aura coming from that person (and by the way both males and females). Have you ever read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin Debecker? He talks about how we all have an instinct to know when we are in danger but we often ignore it out of a feeling of obligation to be 'polite'.

Sal

I was about to recommend that book. It's an excellent read.

OP, I had a similar experience but what was interesting is that I never actually saw anyone, still, I'm convinced to this day that someone was there. This was years ago and I was with a boyfriend. We went to a local park to smoke and make out. This was in a very quiet upper middle-class neighborhood, in a park I'd been to hundreds of times and had often walked in after dark. But the minute we entered, I felt something was wrong. We walked to the playground to sit on the merry-go-round and it just got stronger and stronger. It was coming from the dark soccer field just beyond the swings, and though I usually go straight for the swings in any playground (even now when I am almost middle-aged) I simply could not make myself go over there. I had to stay in the middle of the lit area, but even so I couldn't relax. It was like heat from a fire, beating on me, and whenever I closed my eyes to kiss my bf I was certain I'd feel a gun pressed to my head. My skin still crawls, thinking about it. After just a few moments of the feeling intensifying and intensifying I decided we had to get out of there, but I didn't want to seem stupid or paranoid, so I just said to my bf as casually as I could, "Let's just go to my place and hang out."

He looked at me and said, "You feel it too, huh?"

I tell you we RAN out of that park. I never saw anyone and AFAIK nothing happened to anyone there that night, but I am convinced that if we'd stayed, something very bad would have happened to us.

Ever since then, I pay attention to those feelings. Often they're so strong that you can't NOT pay attention to them. They demand physical action. Sounds like that's what happened to you and I say you did right. After all if you follow your gut and get on out of there, the worst thing that can happen is that a stranger might be offended or laugh at you. If you ignore your gut and stay, the worst thing that can happen is that you die a terrible death.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That's some pretty crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing, I have goose bumps.

I encountered two very odd, fortuitous and definitely good/positive characters once that defied all explanations yet served a very distinct purpose in my life. So... I will certainly accept your experience at face value and add only - always follow your instincts. It's good that you were tuned into them and high-tailed it out of there.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomerdog

Originally posted by SallieSunshine
I work with the public so every once in a while I do come across a person who gives off a down-right evil vibe. There have been times when I handed the person off to a co-worker because I just couldn't deal with the menacing aura coming from that person (and by the way both males and females). Have you ever read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin Debecker? He talks about how we all have an instinct to know when we are in danger but we often ignore it out of a feeling of obligation to be 'polite'.

Sal

I was about to recommend that book. It's an excellent read.

OP, I had a similar experience but what was interesting is that I never actually saw anyone, still, I'm convinced to this day that someone was there. This was years ago and I was with a boyfriend. We went to a local park to smoke and make out. This was in a very quiet upper middle-class neighborhood, in a park I'd been to hundreds of times and had often walked in after dark. But the minute we entered, I felt something was wrong. We walked to the playground to sit on the merry-go-round and it just got stronger and stronger. It was coming from the dark soccer field just beyond the swings, and though I usually go straight for the swings in any playground (even now when I am almost middle-aged) I simply could not make myself go over there. I had to stay in the middle of the lit area, but even so I couldn't relax. It was like heat from a fire, beating on me, and whenever I closed my eyes to kiss my bf I was certain I'd feel a gun pressed to my head. My skin still crawls, thinking about it. After just a few moments of the feeling intensifying and intensifying I decided we had to get out of there, but I didn't want to seem stupid or paranoid, so I just said to my bf as casually as I could, "Let's just go to my place and hang out."

He looked at me and said, "You feel it too, huh?"

I tell you we RAN out of that park. I never saw anyone and AFAIK nothing happened to anyone there that night, but I am convinced that if we'd stayed, something very bad would have happened to us.

Ever since then, I pay attention to those feelings. Often they're so strong that you can't NOT pay attention to them. They demand physical action. Sounds like that's what happened to you and I say you did right. After all if you follow your gut and get on out of there, the worst thing that can happen is that a stranger might be offended or laugh at you. If you ignore your gut and stay, the worst thing that can happen is that you die a terrible death.

Ive had EXACTLY that feeling, one night I went for a smoke in my garden it was 2am and dark outside. I stepped outside and lit up and this feeling of 'get the fk out of here now' spread over me straight away. But I didnt want to waste my cig lol so I stayed there and finished it but this feeling just got stronger and stronger. It was coming from part of the garden to my left that was just thick blackness because of the high walls, it was probably just my imagination in over drive but I still feel creeped out now thinking that maybe there was someone stood in my garden watching me. Ever since then I cant smoke in the garden at night because I just get that feeling lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I have had this happen a few times. Usually happens more with place than people, but there have been a few people who really put my hackles up and I just want to leave pronto. I will say that on a few occasions when I was feeling strong I simply spoke to the creepy person. "Hot today ain't it?" or "That's an awsome car man. Looks like you've been givin' her a good workout." That doesn't mean I didn't take a circuitous route home.

I am not sure the interlude you describe would have left me feeling very conversational though.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ive experienced the opposite side of this aswell tbh, like ive been stood next to someone in a bar or where ever and felt kind of attracted to them (not in a sexual way) and just started a convo which just flows on and on and it turns out you have so much in common etc. Awesome when that happens

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

good reading and I appreciate your input to this thread, makes me wonder how many times people have the bells and whistles going off but ignore them?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem
You got trolled.
And hard.
lol, that is pretty creepy though. Leaving the area couldn't hurt, and it may have saved your life..
I have never felt like that around anyone but children, not really to that extent though, I dont feel threatened. I hate it when they stare at me, it makes me very uncomfortable.
I have stared people down before, with a strange face, just for fun. Never with a menacing, thug look like you see all day every day from these primal acting POS. Try it sometime, you might have a good laugh.
edit on 14-10-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

LOL my brother and I used to get bored riding in the car on family vacations so we'd stare at people like that. We called it "getting the locals in an eye-lock." It was hilarious!

As for the OP, I've ran into weird people and the like but never felt like they were a threat on my life. Maybe my pineal is crusty, I don't know, but I do have an active gut and it's never told me anything like that. Now I've felt things I can't see, which sounds just as ridiculous, so I can't judge.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

So you are not going to reveal your race?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
No but I have that effect on psychics.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyBatty
When I was in my early teens I visited Peru with my parents and sister. We were walking through the bazaar in Cuzco, my sister and I together, my mother a bit behind us and my father last. Two men in their late 20s/early 30s passed us, one with light hair and eyes and the other with brown hair and eyes, both smiling and very pleasant looking. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and it felt as if I had no air to breathe. My sister started walking faster and we were all quiet as we passed.

When we had left them far enough behind us I look at my mother who is ashen and my father (who is a tough Alsatian) also drawn and pale. We all looked at one another and he said "I don't know who those men are but they've done bad things". We all simultaneously felt something very wrong about these two ostensibly pleasant men and now over 20 years later, I still remember their eyes and smiles. I am still disturbed.
edit on 15-10-2012 by RoyBatty because: commas

That is one very good post pertaining to the thread, I am a bit older but I can tell you as well that I will never forget what happened either.

It's very difficult to explain to someone whom has never felt that "feeling"
Thanks for the post
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Some years ago I worked in an office. I was walking out at the end of the day with a girl I worked with as we chatted. She was parked a couple of floors above me. So, we parted there - I walked to my truck and she up the stairs.

As I was fumbling with my keys, I noticed a guy that was hanging around my floor go up the stairs as well and something made me feel that "this was not right". I debated with myself for a second and then started up the stairs.

When I got to the floor where the girl was parked she was walking to her car. The guy was approaching her from behind. I coughed loudly. He turned, and looked at me. He must have not liked what he saw because he ran across the level and down the stairs on the other side.

Yeah - sometimes it instincts are right.

Bingo you had the same thing happen to you, good thing you listened to your inner self or whatever you want to call it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by Iwinder

That's some pretty crazy stuff. Thanks for sharing, I have goose bumps.

I encountered two very odd, fortuitous and definitely good/positive characters once that defied all explanations yet served a very distinct purpose in my life. So... I will certainly accept your experience at face value and add only - always follow your instincts. It's good that you were tuned into them and high-tailed it out of there.

Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts, I really had no choice because my mind was just hammering at me to get out of there.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by Iwinder

When I was young, I was sort of befriended by a guy with that quality. He was one of the most truly scary individuals I have ever come across, and I was not the only person to look away from his murkey black gaze. You could see lunacy dancing in those black orbs, just beneath the surface. My wife said he had the devil in him, and I could almost believe it.

After many years, I finally recognized that he would bite me too, so I got him out of my life, which was a scary process to go through also, but one I am glad I stuck with. He is bad news for anyone he comes in contact with.

I really don't like how it seems you judge people based on their eyes?...

Not you personally but a lot of people in this thread mentioned eyes in that context...

I have those eyes. Hunter's eyes. It's just the design.. behind them I am friendly.

Dewd, it's moved a bit beyond having God's own soul-discernment, just by looking at the eyes. Here we have a time capsule of Salem Massachusetts. People seeing a shadow, or another person, and saying that they would have 'killed them with their bear (sic) hands', or vice versa, and they never saw such a demon from hell. Is this still ats?

Right back in the jungle. (that's just the OP). I have only read two pages and I fear for my country. What's worse, the TSA, or just your typical conspiracy nerve wreck?

Do a lot of you live in the frack-zone, by chance?
edit on 15-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky
reply to post by Iwinder

I have had this happen a few times. Usually happens more with place than people, but there have been a few people who really put my hackles up and I just want to leave pronto. I will say that on a few occasions when I was feeling strong I simply spoke to the creepy person. "Hot today ain't it?" or "That's an awsome car man. Looks like you've been givin' her a good workout." That doesn't mean I didn't take a circuitous route home.

I am not sure the interlude you describe would have left me feeling very conversational though.

Yeah its a tough one to describe unless you were there......very odd to say the least.
regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by Iwinder

So you are not going to reveal your race?

Way back on page 3 4 or maybe 5 I stated I am white and the guy that bothered me was white.

I understand as its a long thread now so most people won't read the whole thing.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Oh, sensitive topic on many, many levels.
Just thinking about what to post is mind-boggling for there's just too much to the 'possibilities' and some are just too scary to get into for some. I suppose you'll just have to trust me on this one.....or not.
Hmmm, never had a topic where I felt this way though there's much more than meets the eye in this world, especially at 'this' point in time.
I'll have to pass on the topic though in the future, I'd like to share what "I" can in another medium. Far too much to say/write 'here'.

Listen to your instinct, your intuition, it's there for a Reason.
Though careful, for one usually gets what they give in one way or another; Karma, yin-yang, [fill in blank]. True story. Defense is one thing, offense is an entirely different matter. Positive energy/intent/thoughts often begets the same. Whether there is a heaven or hell, 'thinking' in real~time makes it so. You are not just what you eat and drink though what you think, in Real-Time. This post has got my mind/memory reeeeeling. Interesting topic for sure, I'll probably be up most the night catching up with all the posts. Fascinating topic/s. Looking forward!
*God Bless*
edit on 15-10-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You could of easily been looking at someone who has just committed a crime or on drugs. If you felt like you had a supernatural experience that sounds quite interesting. Has anything else mysterious happen to you recently?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yes, I've had that feeling before. It was about 11 years ago my hubby and I and my daughter who was just a baby at the time. It was around Christmas time and we had just went out and bought a real Christmas tree, we also got ornaments to put on it. This was around 4 in the afternoon, my mother in law called and asked if my daughter could come over there and she would keep her overnight, we said yes, got my daughter's things packed up, my MIL came and got her.

We brought the tree inside and my hubby figured out he had to cut the tree before we put it up LOL ... anyway my BIL came over about 8 that night and cut the tree. A few hours later after putting the lights on the tree, I needed the ornaments and realized they were still in the car, so I went out to go get them.

It was about 1:30 in the morning and a car passed there were a guy in the car ... we lived right on the corner and he was coming up one way and turned .....anyway as I was walking to the car the driver was staring at me almost hanging out of his car he didn't take his eyes off of me then he slowed down as he turned and kept staring, at that point I didn't care about the ornaments and went inside and told my hubby what had happened.

He told me I was overreacting and he was going to go outside and get the ornaments so he did and came back inside and asked me what kind of car the guy was driving, I told him and he said he just passed again and slowed down. We had the ornaments inside the house by this time, but I wanted to go back out, so me and my hubby did and the guy passed AGAIN, this time he said as he passed "now I know you are together".... and then gave this weird laugh...

I don't know who he was, what he wanted or what his plans were... but it freaked me out!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good story pretty creepy.

I think everybody has come across a creepy person like that at one time or another. I ride the city bus so I deal with spooky people every day.

The guy you saw sure sounds like a creep. I think you did the right thing. Always trust your instinct.

So he didn't try to follow you?
Was he alone?

If you see him again try to take a picture so we can see the freak. (It could be an ATS member.
)

p.s.- the first comment by Boncho was too funny!
edit on 15-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join