It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBit111

19speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;

Sometimes I will hear music too. A while back we had just gotten to bed and I heard music and talking.

et tu, brutus?

i don't know what they are...
..a neighbor i know insists these are our spirit guides but if that were the case, they seem juvenile & malicious (...well, what i heard anyway)
ever since i started taking the bible a little more seriously all this has stopped..
..and i'm glad

tinnitus is a constant ringing sound in the ears (i've got it, it's crap)
..it's not tinnitus

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have heard 'jingle bells' for decades....
sometimes the cacophony of bells (tinkling sound not the big ben gong sound) sometimes they develop into a Symphony of music

but hey I have schizophrenia and the audio hallucinations are a part of my wakeful reality for decades now

And the screech or hiss of tinnitus is interesting to listen to --- for the possible coded fluxuations in the frequencies...is there a hidden message in the tinnitus ringing?
my guess there is a very long and complex code being played out for the discerning mind to discover
edit on th30142921568616212015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hey can u please email me [email protected] I need to talk to u. I have this same issue.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Littlebit111 can u email me [email protected]

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

When all previous TX was sent out - via Analogue - and so received, all was well. Since the big switch over to Digital junk, I too have heard my name called several times, and there's a regular sort of echo noise. I am 69 , old hobby Amateur radio / SWL, and no tinnitus. Digital signals are producing such wierd sounds.
edit on 23-4-2015 by steaming because: Mis-typing, apologies

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
for more years than i can remember i have heard muffled, indistinct voices...like from another room behind closed doors...

i also hear music, faint and very hard to discern any melody... it's just ramdom musical notes/pitches, but very complex tracks... sometimes i hear harps other times i hear Organs, other times it is just bells jingling (like the bells on a triangle frame on a Star Trek episode with Spock in a vulcan ceremony)

on rare times its birds chirping.... mostly a single bird but other times a few birds in a distant place.

i have a explanation for my auditory phenomena...i have classic Schizophrenia, had it since i was a toddler and it became full blown before i was 12 years old

Yes! I hear this too! Just this week I heard sounds that were similar to deep windchimes but had an echo or some sort of resonance. I've often described the tones as 'celestial'.. don't really have another word for it. Sometimes I will also hear a very faint pipe. I failed the schizophrenic tests..whew , hopefully ok there.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stupid girl

Wow-- we described our experiences nearly identically-lol! Thats quite cool.

Just noticed this is an old resurrected thread ..
sorry folks! Im enjoying the read even so

edit on 24-4-2015 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I think I get this sometimes--mostly, like other ppl said tho when maybe I'm tired or possibly dehydrated. I don't get it all the time--but I will if there's white noise going on--like my brain makes up the audio hallucination or whatever. It could be picking up radio signals, though. That is very interesting! I'm not very versed on this subject though so anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I'm also small--I'm 5'2 about 110 lbs--I'm 23 and I'm 1/16th native american lol

a reply to: Starcrossd

xD lol whoopsie i guess this is an old thread haha
edit on 24-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hello, I was curious about the beautiful music I hear outside sometimes. If you ever listen to the sound of planets, that is what I hear sometimes, sort of like a big long wind chime, just one. One time I heard a drum circle outside, that probably was just a drum circle though, however, where I live, it would be a weird place and timing for a drum circle. My daughter heard it too. Since I had my daughter, I have been much more "sensitive", have feelings of being psychic and stronger intuition.

I have ready all of this forum and it is very interesting, especially the guy who actually talked to the voices. I think Schitzophrenia has more pluses than minuses (I am not schitz) but I believe that they have gifts or "thinner veils" so as to see more truth to our world.

edit on 18-6-2015 by veracity because: couldnt get the emoticons right

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have had lots of these. Many types.

Most recently my pc speakers were making a little midi sounding tone every minute or so. I turned them off. No change. I unplugged them, no change. It went on f po r about a day.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There IS a virus that a PC can get where it plays over and over jumbled ads, music, etc.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

me and my friend were sitting outside and all of a sudden a whale noise comes out of nowhere i ask someone if we can here it and they say no.so i guess we hear what your hereing.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I will hear conversations, either 2 people talking at a distance but close at the same time, or what seems to be a full restaurant per say : a crowd talking, but aside from a few words here and there, I can't understand.

It's said when this happens, we are like close to the veil between the spirit world or Astral plane and this world. Though now a days I could add parallel world's as well. I've been a paranormal investigator since 02 and I lately read a few articles on what if ghosts etc are just us glimpsing a parallel world? Some tales tell of the spirits communicating with the person or moving things, etc. So maybe they see us through their parallel world to ours.

Any of these could be viable answers... As long as one has an open, curious and not too skeptical mind and way of viewing the "could be" and "what if" s. Yes, it also could be the brain letting off steam or white noise induced ear version of paradoilia, (I'm tired, that word may not be spelled right, but it's when we think we see faces in things which are not really faces, we put familiarity to the unfamiliar), or it could be tinnitus or a brain tweak of some format or the other. Anything and everything is possible, after all.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Ohhhh I LOVE your ideas about schizophrenic folk. I've pondered that myself, like, what if they ARENT crazy and really truly ARE experiencing what they say they are? It's quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

When our house is deathly quiet in the late evenings and I'm lying in bed trying to go off to sleep, sometimes I hear the most amazing trance or early 90's hardcore I've ever heard, it's just there in the background and you can focus in on it if you try,

Turns out it's the water in our pipes and a tired mind plays funny tricks on itself

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Ever see the movie "From Beyond"? That was the storyline to the movie. That schizophobia was actually sensitive people seeing into another dimension. So they built a machine to make the other dimension appear to normal people. And it worked too good. The other dimension spilled into this one.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

No never have, nothing out of the ordinary for me even though a great many out of the ordinary subjects interest me. One question, can you ever make out what the voices are saying or can you hear words with music or are they just voice/ music sounding?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I hear noises, music, chords and radio talkback; usually when it's quiet and there is a motor or fan or something that makes a constant noise in the background. I have seen a neurologist, and the explanation in my case was a tiny lesion in my brain - in the right temporal lobe in particular (in the auditory cortex). Damage in the brain (from a blow to the head or other trauma) leaves a tiny deposit of haemosiderin, which is irritating to the neurons around it. It stimulates them and because they're in the auditory cortex, you hear things! This Musical Ear Syndrome is actually the result of synchronous firing of a group of neurons, and is a type of epileptogenic activity. It is related to epilepsy and can be treated with anti-epileptic drugs. These haemosiderin deposits apparently occur quite commonly but would generally not be noticed except on a brain mRI.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If the talking is not directed at you and it doesn't sound like radio communication or a radio channel then it could be just clairaudience. Maybe you are clairvoyantly hearing your neighbors or people outside that the limitations of your senses would not usually allow you to hear. Can you elaborate on what the voices say and what kind of music it is?

Don't go to a shrink! They don't believe in frequencies or clairvoyance.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Do you have any metal fillings in your teeth? I read several years ago that this guy picked up radio signals from his fillings, and he could hear the station in his head. That's the "logical" explanation.

The "other" explanation would be that you are a sensitive to the spirit world, and you are hearing voices from the other side.

Since you have stated this has happened every place you lived over many years, with some places having no neighbors near by, I rule out that it was coming from an outside source.

That is a very good answer right there..

I have had this happen, but only after going without sleep for a couple days or 3 days max, and the longer I stay awake, the crazier it can get.. Not good for the mind. The dreams when I finally get to sleep are amazing. But that isn't the reason for not sleeping..Just work, stress, etc. and only once in a blue moon....

OP: Hang in there, you will be fine. Don't let it get you too stressed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join