It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok, I know this is weird but a few days ago I didn't have the tv on because I had been reading. I walked down the hall with a basket of laundry and I heard voices. I thought my son had left the tv on. But when I went where I thought I heard it, it stopped. I have experienced this since childhood. The voices sound far away and I can never tell what they are saying.

Sometimes I will hear music too. A while back we had just gotten to bed and I heard music and talking. I asked my husband if he could hear it and he said no. He can never hear it when I ask.

When I was young I thought It had to do with the house we lived in but I got married and it has happened in every place we have lived. That includes a few months of living way out in the country with no houses anywhere near us, so I ruled out it being neighbors. I have heard of this happening to people as they fall asleep but a lot of the time I hear it during the day.

I know some of you are gonna say i'm crazy, but I would like to hear any helpful input you can offer. I just want to know whats going on. This has been happening for over 30 years and I'm tired of being clueless about this.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First of all, maybe you are hearing music and voices from a distance? If you live next to a street you could be picking up echos from your walls and floors. I remember lying on the floor watching telly once and I could suddenly hear kids playing. The kids were outside and the sounds from them was coming from beneath the floor and up my arm into my ear. I nearly peed myself.

Maybe you also have a touch of tinnitus? I know when I'm hoovering I can hear all sorts of sounds that aren't really there, mostly music. I think tinnitus does the same. It's like looking at white noise on the telly and you start to see patterns. Well I do. If only I could write music down. I have a lot of awesome guitar riffs and tunes I got just from listening to the hoover.

Whatever is causing it, just don't start answering back.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
First of all, maybe you are hearing music and voices from a distance? If you live next to a street you could be picking up echos from your walls and floors. I remember lying on the floor watching telly once and I could suddenly hear kids playing. The kids were outside and the sounds from them was coming from beneath the floor and up my arm into my ear. I nearly peed myself.

Maybe you also have a touch of tinnitus? I know when I'm hoovering I can hear all sorts of sounds that aren't really there, mostly music. I think tinnitus does the same. It's like looking at white noise on the telly and you start to see patterns. Well I do. If only I could write music down. I have a lot of awesome guitar riffs and tunes I got just from listening to the hoover.

Whatever is causing it, just don't start answering back.

Yea, if you start answering it gets way crazier.

Quoted for importance lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Joan of Arc suffered from the same thing you may be, Tinnitus. It can be anything from a ringing sound in your ears to voices. Time to see doctor........

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

Your physciatrist might agree with you, you should talk to him/her and see what they have to say about that.....

Or see a ghost hunter and ask him....

Priest?? Possibly could help.....

Either way, you need some help......Best of luck!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

My girlfriend and I were discussing this very topic the other day. We both hear music often when we first wake up in the morning. It's never any songs that we recognize, and we even are able to hear people talking as if it was a radio station DJ speaking in between the songs. We can never make out the words they speak.

It's happened on several occasions and I've noticed similar things in the past. I've always wondered if it wasn't our brains picking up on radio frequencies, and only partially be able to make them audable. It's something that I definately hear, but only when it's really quiet, and my brain isn't preoccupied with other things. I've learned that when I hear it, I try not to focus too much or I seem to lose the signal.
edit on 5-10-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Maybe you also have a touch of tinnitus? I know when I'm hoovering I can hear all sorts of sounds that aren't really there, mostly music. I think tinnitus does the same.

I have tinnitus, and it isn't like that. It is a constant ringing that is always there. Some things, like loud noises, or your concentration on the tinnitus itself can alter how loud it is. But, it is always there, and is a constant tone. Mine is, anyway. I got it listening to music way too loudly as a kid.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

When I was a kid I thought about the possibility of it being neighbors but when I married and moved out we were 5 or 6 miles from the nearest house while we lived in the country so I kinda ruled that out.

I never can understand the voices because it sounds too far away. If I do understand them I will absolutely not answer back !

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

YES! I have even told my husband it sounds like a radio sometimes and have thought maybe somehow i'm picking something up ( as crazy as that sounds.)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All the time.Just last night I opened my freezer and heard a deep voice say my name, I got chills and stuff but I knew it was just my own sick mind. I'm quite positive it wasn't Zuul.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

Maybe you also have a touch of tinnitus? I know when I'm hoovering I can hear all sorts of sounds that aren't really there, mostly music. I think tinnitus does the same.

I have tinnitus, and it isn't like that. It is a constant ringing that is always there. Some things, like loud noises, or your concentration on the tinnitus itself can alter how loud it is. But, it is always there, and is a constant tone. Mine is, anyway. I got it listening to music way too loudly as a kid.
Tinnitus does not always present itself as a ringing in the ear. I've had tinnitus too, and in my case it was a ringing like you have. For many others though, it's different. It can be distant voices or music, hums, you name it. Read up on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I never hear ringing so i don't know if it would be tinnitus either. But, this is really the first time i've heard of it so I know nothing about it. Do you ever heard voices or music, or is it just the ringing for you?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Ummm.... I'm kinda glad I can't understand them if your hearing deep voices calling your name! I would soil myself!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I also have experienced this since childhood, and have wondered about it.
I notice that it is heard in small areas, ie: if I move several feet away, I no longer "pick up" the channel.
Also, it seems to occur regularly in the same spot.

Quite often, it sounds like old timey music, from say the 1920s or so. It is very faint.
I also sometimes hear what sounds like talk radio, but again, too faint to understand the words.

I have considered that some "spots" may be natural audio receivers, and that perhaps they are picking up frequencies from the past.
After all, sound travels in waves. Once a broadcast has been made, perhaps the sound continues to travel forever.
I dont really know, but it is fascinating to me. It used to bother me, even frighten me when I was a child.
Now, not so much

ETA I do not have tinnitus , nor am I schizophrenic

edit on 5-10-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Thats so weird that you mention old timey music! I will hear old music too. not like 50's or 60's but older. like you said, i think it sounds like 30's or 40's to me. if that is what we are hearing, I don't even know how i feel if its radio from years ago. We could be hearing people who have been dead for years. Gives me the chills.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

My response from another thread on the same subject, to which i posted some time ago:

I had something somewhat similar happen a couple of times: while laying in bed before going to sleep i could swear i heard voices--a conversation--that seemed to be coming from the radio. It sounded like the radio was tuned to talk radio, and the voices were very faint. I could not make out individual words, but i could hear (what i perceived as ) syllabic human speech. Of course, the radio was not turned on (i checked several times) and i was not asleep, i was alone, there was nowhere from where it could have come.

My first thought was some "thing" was speaking through the radio--or using the radio as means by which to communicate telepathically with me. But since i am a skeptic, i attribute it to the the brain manipulating and/or interpreting random sounds into human speech. We tend to find familiar patterns and meanings in things we can't readily understand, or interpret such things in a way that makes sense to us. Now that i think about it, i think i have also heard music in a similar context (radio) when it was not on.

Then again, it could have been voices in my head.

It only happened twice, so, even though i found it interesting, i don't put much stock in it being too significant.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
been posted before, sorry.
Yes I do too. music...

its just your brain trying to make scene of quiet noise.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Do you have any metal fillings in your teeth? I read several years ago that this guy picked up radio signals from his fillings, and he could hear the station in his head. That's the "logical" explanation.

The "other" explanation would be that you are a sensitive to the spirit world, and you are hearing voices from the other side.

Since you have stated this has happened every place you lived over many years, with some places having no neighbors near by, I rule out that it was coming from an outside source.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've experienced something similar in the past.It was happening while I was working on a car,stripping the engine for repair when I thought I was calling my name.It was barely audible like somebody whispering on the wind,yet so softly spoken.

I was wrapped up in the work.A proces i've done it so often its 2nd nature and my mind drifted away but when i heard it it snapped me straight back to the present and I stood up straight,frozen listening with intent to hear it again.

Needless to say I didnt hear anything leaving me unsure if I'd imagined it yet I was so sure I had.

It gave me a cold shiver n left me slightly un-nerved.

I'd find it happened with some frequency for a period of 6 months but I couldnt explain it,never fully certain if I heard it or imagined it.

Then one night I was watching t.v with my gf,again watching the programme but my mind unfocused and drifting though thoughts flowed freely they werent making any impression.
Again I was hearing or aware of faint voices whispering,calling my name.

I sat still straining to hear but as ever when listening for it there was nothing there except a faint,faint sound.I sat,focused in trying to pinpoint it.A very low whirring kind of sound totally alien in the room i sat in every night.I asked the gf and after some explaining she clicked.It was her daughters hamster running round its wheel.It doesnt normally make a sound,i said.She said it did it all the time you just dont notice often.

And thats when I figured what was going on - to a degree at least.

It seems to occur when I'm in a situation where there's either a very low cöntinuös background noise that i'm so fimiliar with i tune it out normally or thats unspecific backround 'white' noise.i.e I was working on that car round the side of a house sitting on a main road so there was a continuos low,amorphous traffic noise that wasnt obtrusive enough to grab my attention.

I think that on occasion when I was partly focused on a task or watching t.v and my mind was drifting i'd pick up the background noise but not quite enough to catch my full attention.

I dont knöw why for sure but it's seems akin to the brain seeing shapes or faces in random patterns by trying to make something recognisable out of very low indistinguishable noise.

Anyway thats what I've fouod in my case is happening,hope it may give you another idea to investigate.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I do. I have been hearing voices that sound like music from the radio - often folk music - coming from somewhere in the middle of the night (say, around 3 or 4 in the morning) for a few years now.
They are very, very muffled, barely perceptible. I am sure many people - or even most - wouldn't hear a thing.

I have always attributed it to my extremely acute hearing. (I sometimes - very rarely - pick up the distinctive "ping" followed by the announcer's voice coming from the train station that is several kilometres away. I think it has to do with atmospheric conditions.)

Maybe we are picking up frequencies somehow.
Or maybe just actual radio sounds and conversations coming from afar. (In my case I am sure many people, especially elderly people - there are a few in the neighbourhood - do listen to the radio when they cannot sleep at night.)

Or maybe they are sounds produced by own our blood stream and organs, interpreted as music-like patterns (because they really are very muffled).

P.S. I don't have any metal fillings in my teeth.
In fact, I have no metal on me anywhere.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join