It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It just happened to me again yesterday it was music I could hear Kansas dust in the wind, it is one of the songs on my phone's music player
edit on Sun20163V201649731 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun20163V201649731 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleBit111

Yes sometimes I think I hear voices - in the distance - when I am in the garden and at night - the house backs onto a river estuary with woodland and fields surrounding it and two small streams - although there is also a small road. I used to think t was people - then thought it was the sound of the stream and the wind in the trees. It is weird sometimes,

Noise does travel at night though - once I could hear music that I thought my neighbour was playing - at night - it transpires it came from a music concert a good 5 miles away ..

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This used to happen to me and my ex wife all of the time. It was as though we were hearing people in a pub of sorts. As soon as my ex left, the sounds went away.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes I do. When I'm either meditating or in the midst of a reiki session, it's unusual for me NOT to hear echoed conversations or music. With me, it's all about the alpha waves. It used to happen sometimes when I was falling asleep, but I've learned over the years how to tune it out.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleBit111
Ok, I know this is weird but a few days ago I didn't have the tv on because I had been reading. I walked down the hall with a basket of laundry and I heard voices. I thought my son had left the tv on. But when I went where I thought I heard it, it stopped. I have experienced this since childhood. The voices sound far away and I can never tell what they are saying.

Sometimes I will hear music too. A while back we had just gotten to bed and I heard music and talking. I asked my husband if he could hear it and he said no. He can never hear it when I ask.

When I was young I thought It had to do with the house we lived in but I got married and it has happened in every place we have lived. That includes a few months of living way out in the country with no houses anywhere near us, so I ruled out it being neighbors. I have heard of this happening to people as they fall asleep but a lot of the time I hear it during the day.

I know some of you are gonna say i'm crazy, but I would like to hear any helpful input you can offer. I just want to know whats going on. This has been happening for over 30 years and I'm tired of being clueless about this.

I know this thread is old, but I have experienced this my whole life. I thought it could be the house, neighbors, what have you. I have moved many times and hear the same music and voices no matter where I live. I can never really make out the words. Did you ever figure out what was going on?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

AFFIRMATIVE!! RIGHT NOW I AM HEARING A RADIO BROADCAST WITH A LOT OF BACK ROUND NOISE BUT I JUST CAN'T MAKE OUT WHAT THEY'RE SAYING. IT'S LIKE AN ADVERTISEMENT THAT DOESN'T END. SO I JUST TURN ON SOME MUSIC. IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I'M 'TIRED'. IT HAPPENS WHEN I'M TRYING TO FALL ASLEEP TOO SO I TURN ON MY SIDE AND IT GOES AWAY. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. NOW I KNOW THERE IS ACTUALLY A TERM FOR THIS AND I'M NOT INHABITED BY SATIN OR CRAZY.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

If it happens just after waking up there's an explination. Our brains record everything in short term memory. At night while your asleep it replays things you heard that dayight be a conversation thr radio etc. Your brain is trying to move things from short term memory to long term. Many people report hearing conversations and music though inaudible though on occasions I could make out the song. Ever been woken up bt someone calling your name same explication involved with me I heard the wife yelling at me lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have experienced this phenomenon lots of times, since I was a child...as far back as I can remember, actually. It sounds like someone having a conversation, which I cannot make-out or it sounds like music, maybe a radio. I usually get this randomly and at any time during the day, when the house is silent...mostly when my wife is out.

As a notable incident, when I was around six years old, my parents went away for the weekend, leaving me with my sister and her partner. Whilst lying in bed, having awoken and reading a book, I thought I could hear my mother and father talking, so I knocked on the wall...and my mother answered me. She said they were still away and would be back the day after. I asked them to bring me a fruit basket of seaside rock back with them, one with a banana on the top.

I checked their room, no one there.
I got my basket of rock, with the banana on the top.

Strange and my mother remembers this, thinking she had imagined it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
edit on 11-10-2016 by fromtheskydown because: OOPS!! - Double post.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Do you have fillings in your teeth?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
Do you have fillings in your teeth?

Who, me?

I do...I had my first fillings in my mid-thirties and they are white ones, not the amalgam kind. I paid because I heard so much bad press re: the metal fillings.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This seems to affect many.
Not much anymore: but used to hear sort of muffled voices in conversation, or like talk radio, and also random music like from a radio station. But never clear enough to identify.
Have lots of metal fillings.
These days: only when listening to Youtrick vids in headphones, can always hear secondary music playing in the background, within the headphones. Sometimes blues or jazz, and never a tune that is identifiable.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I found this on the 'tooth fillings' explanation...

This myth was first claimed by Lucille Ball in an interview on The Dick Cavett Show, with the fillings explanation offered by Buster Keaton

Source: Mythbusters

Also, more possibilities...
Google Answers

As I said, mine are not Amalgam fillings.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yep I have heard voices and music all my life. Found out I was naturally Clairaudient, my DDs have it too.
When I was a teenager I used to go to sleep with headphones on listening to flute music, to drown them out. So does one of my DDs but she has ot listen to white noise like a fan.

Just before you go to bed your brain will start to wind down and enter what I think is either Theta or Delta wave frequency. This is the type of frequency where you are unfocused and can be accessed doing the day when you are doing something maybe a bit boring or on auto pilot. I used to get it whilst driving to work. People are deliberatly entering it whilst meditating.

I have heard a whole hour of heavenly singing on a Friday night, several years ago, when I was just going to sleep. For a while I was a bit pissed off, as I thought it was our noisy neighbour but she would never have played such heavenly worship music. And I could stop hearing it, if I wanted.
I have also heard an audible young female's voice in my old home, asking for help and saying my name and another time she was laughing. On the same day my DD told me she had heard a young female's voice in the same room. Turns out we had heard the Earth's voice.

Heard Angels. And I got so good I can tune into any converation that anyone on this planet is having about me (similar to the Cocktail party phenomenon where someone is talking about you but not to you). That has come in handy sometimes.

You can learn to not hear these voices by imagining a forcefield around you where you don't hear the sounds. Do this often enough your brain willl get the idea and one day you will notice no voices/music.

I found out that a few years ago some evil person thought it would be a good idea to beam the sound of a girl screaming in terror over the ether. Certain clairaudients could actually hear it, but most people were picking it up as the emotion of fear. I think they have stopped it now.

I have also heard a thought that was beamed into the populace on who to vote for. How I realised that, was the voice knew the name of the opposition and I did not. Most people think that all thoughts they hear are their own and believe everything they think. I know my thoughts and therefore know those that aren't. The Masons got it right Know thyself.

If you can still your mind and learn to hear clairaudiently, you can hear the thoughts of animals, trees, plants and crystals, and finally the Akashic records.
It is a gift but modern society has decided to treat it as a mental aberration. Only those with the same gift can tell you, you are not crazy, you are blessed. You could help an injured animal tell you what was wrong, and use the tree as a security device; a form of CCTV. Ravens and birds will tell you when a storm is coming, so you can prepare.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I am experiencing it right now, sometimes it sounds like talk radio of in the distance or sometimes it muffled music. I alway have the buzzing from tinnitus

But for gods sake don't take back or you might be crazy

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleBit111
Ok, I know this is weird but a few days ago I didn't have the tv on because I had been reading. I walked down the hall with a basket of laundry and I heard voices. I thought my son had left the tv on. But when I went where I thought I heard it, it stopped. I have experienced this since childhood. The voices sound far away and I can never tell what they are saying.

Sometimes I will hear music too. A while back we had just gotten to bed and I heard music and talking. I asked my husband if he could hear it and he said no. He can never hear it when I ask.

When I was young I thought It had to do with the house we lived in but I got married and it has happened in every place we have lived. That includes a few months of living way out in the country with no houses anywhere near us, so I ruled out it being neighbors. I have heard of this happening to people as they fall asleep but a lot of the time I hear it during the day.

I know some of you are gonna say i'm crazy, but I would like to hear any helpful input you can offer. I just want to know whats going on. This has been happening for over 30 years and I'm tired of being clueless about this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blakele8405

Wow! Does not sound that crazy to me! My husband and I are "ClairAudient". You should read about it. And maybe talk to a doctor about it and suggest to him the clairaudience thing. Definitely look it up and read about it..it may help you alot..and answer alot of questions u r having...good luck!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Blakele8405

Is it that you can hear music? or other people past speaking?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It happens to me too - I hear muffled party noises/voices, radio - talk or music, or just music.
It seems otherwordly in a sense that it doesn't sound like anything I know, and it's different kinds of music too, but most of it does bring 1920s-40s to mind. Swingy and folky.
As far as voices I can never decipher what they say, but it doesn't sound like they're talking to me, it seems I'm overhearing somebody's conversations.
It's been going on for over 20 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Honest question, do you smoke weed?

I never hear random music when i smoke but I tend to hear it playing when im in the bathroom...and ONLY the bathroom. It is ALWAYS at night and I am typically stoned. I do not hear it anywhere else....I know other people this happens to as well.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join