It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Usually don't have a fan running but we run the A/C and have a fridge. when it's at night I know its not the fridge because we are at the other end of the house and the bedroom door is always shut. I would think if it is the fridge ( when I hear it during the day) that when I walk closer I would hear it better but it just fades away as i walk to where i think it might be.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

DANG! You just creeped ME out! When I hear music it almost always sounds like 1920's-1940's which to me is very weird that so many of us hear that type of music. The fact that you ANNNND your brother hear it is freaky. The whole implant in his arm thing Is not gonna help me sleep tonight! Thank you for your story..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

My parents house has that issue. When I was a infant and my dad worked nights, my mom used to hear voices coming from our upstairs [at the time just an attic] all the time. My dad didn't believe her till he was off from work one night and heard it himself. When upstairs with a flashlight & his pistol to find nothing. When I was a teenager I used to hear what sounded like a group of people upstairs talking also. Thing is various members of my family have seen things in that upstairs after it was remodeled into a living room in the time between the hearing voices of my dad and I.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

That would NOT be cool! I am the only one that hears things at my house. Having it confirmed by my family hearing and seeing things would just make me want to move out. Could any of you ever understand what 'they" were saying? What did people see upstairs?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I've never heard bells or birds chirping. I didn't know that people with schizophrenia heard other things besides voices. I'm sorry you've have to struggle with that since you were 12. Does medication not help?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

YES! This happens to me all the time. I bought this house in 1999, and it's been a phenomenon here ever since. I've lived in LOTS of places before this one, and never noticed it before.

But here, yes......
glad you posted this! It's really bizarre; but very cool. Yes, I have metal fillings...have had since a was 7 or 8.
This house is 73 years old.

Ghosts?
Waves?
I don't know, but yes, I hear it, and so does my husband.

edit on 6-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I wish my husband would hear it too. He could tell me what he thinks it sounds like. He may hear something different than I do. DOes your husband discribe it like you do? Just wondering if it sounds the same to him as it does you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have heard the exact thing. Sounds like a radio that is off the station a little. They play songs that is electic guitar based with really good rhythm. Sometimes it sounds like hours of a news broadcast

I have no expanation for other than fatigue

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
reply to post by flexy123

Usually don't have a fan running but we run the A/C and have a fridge. when it's at night I know its not the fridge because we are at the other end of the house and the bedroom door is always shut. I would think if it is the fridge ( when I hear it during the day) that when I walk closer I would hear it better but it just fades away as i walk to where i think it might be.

It is the a/c... I spent days trying to eliminate everything it could be. Turns out the aircon was the culprit

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

A lot of people say they hear it when they are tired, or in bed but I also hear it during the day. So I don't know what going on with me.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

DOes your husband describe it like you do? Just wondering if it sounds the same to him as it does you.

I don't know how he "hears" it; but the first time I brought it up (thinking it was a wacky conversation topic), he said, "I hear it, too."
Otherwise, we haven't discussed the content we hear. What I hear is mostly talk radio (male voices), and sometimes music, but at the moment I can't tell you what era.

I can't tell you, either, how hard and for how long I've tried to focus on it and discern what I'm hearing.

I've decided it is a higher frequency; a gift; and those of us who hear it are "plugged in" to something about which most people have no clue.

High five, voice/music hearers!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Well either embrace it and use your powers for good

Or seek medical help

Good luck

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Well that could be what I'm hearing sometimes but when we lived way out in the country we didn't have A/C. But I heard it out there too. I even heard it in the winter while living there and we only had fireplaces so it couldn't have been that either.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I know what you mean by concentrating on it. I stood in that hallway the other day for quite a while perfectly still trying to figure out where it was coming from and desperately trying to hear what they were saying. Or laying in bed straining to hear it better but I never can quite hear it good enough. It drives me nuts!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I've been hearing things since about the age of 3. Screaming, random chatter, music, people calling my name. I reckon I'm ok, just makes it difficult to focus in a professional setting.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Screaming and people calling your name?! Thankfully that is not what i'm hearing. Does it not freak you out? I think what is happening to you is different that what I'm dealing with. Has anyone tried to help you figure out what it is?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I heard someone faintly talking for months. I would get up and search and never find the source. Then one night I walked into my office area and heard the voices a little clearer. They were coming through my PC speakers. The power was off on the PC but sounds were coming through them.
I heard them say "Radio Cuba". I suppose that the transistors were picking up some kind of radio wave skip and the sounds were coming through my speakers. Still happens every now and then, but man I was glad to find the source. It was driving me nuts.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d because: Stupid fat fingers

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Have you ever been abducted by aliens?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by etoibmys

I don't think so.why?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Yea its not constant. It's like once in awhile I'll have a slip in reality. It doesn't bother me anymore because I know it's not real. I have sought treatment, but they really cant determine what the problem is and as long as it gets no worse ill be ok

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join