It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Obama is always out trying to politicize a crisis..

NEVER LET A CRISIS GO TO WASTE.

He is using this horrible tragedy the further his agenda
and create a race war that follows him off a cliff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Obama is always out trying to politicize a crisis..

NEVER LET A CRISIS GO TO WASTE.

He is using this horrible tragedy the further his agenda
and create a race war that follows him off a cliff
Name a politician that HASN'T. Race war? It isn't just black and white anymore, friend. It's bigger than that.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Considering that Katrina hit known flood plains why the hell should they be bailed out?

That is just pure stupidty.

Obama is a racist deal with it, still free to make excuses for him like any other day for the last 4 years.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Considering that Katrina hit known flood plains why the hell should they be bailed out?

Obama is a racist deal with it, still free to make excuses for him like any other day for the last 4 years.

Yes, but don't forget.....

George Bush blew up the levees!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by alternateuniverse

I take it you didn't listen to any portion of the speech at all, he didn't politicize anything. He gave a speech to black people about black community problems.

Yep he did and on another foot, if a white-american had given a speech to white community problems. What would of been said? Probably the same thing, but from the other side. So racism is alive and well on both sides black or white.
Come on now. White community problems? What's with this white community, black community crap? Like all white people live one place and all black people in another. While everybody is worrying about something as trivial as the hue of your skin, you better be concerned with the economic sh!+storm headed to a community near you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

if a white-american had given a speech to white community problems. What would of been said? Probably the same thing

I don't know what would they say?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Nope,

he handled it just like he did the economy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I don't see what he said as being racist .. he brings up a VERY valid point... this act was waived for new york, in that case I can sort of understand given the scale of it .. but it was also waived for Florida for hurricane andrew.. I believe it SHOULD have been waved for New Orleans .. it makes absolutely no sense .. he didn't say anything about black or white..

It points out an odd inconsistency with reaction to disasters.

READ Man!! READ!!! It was waived several times in the Aftermath of Katrina.. Then Senator Obama knew it and chose to ignore that glaring fact. Look it up. Just before this speech, the Federal govt. granted another $6.9 billion with no strings attached to this recovery effort. $110 billion in total before Obama gave this speech. Obama ignored all but the dollar matching aspect of Stafford... which was also eventually waived too..

Federal agencies have waived a number of regulatory requirements and extended
the deadlines for certain reports and applications to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina
and to ease the economic effects of the storm. Most of the actions were permitted by
agency or program-specific authorizing statutes. More generally, though, Section 301
of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act permits
agencies to modify or waive administrative conditions for federal assistance in the wake
of a major disaster upon the request of state or local authorities. This report identifies
some (but not all) of those Katrina-related waivers and extensions, and will not be
updated.

congressionalresearch.com...

The Stafford Act is huge and all encompassing

Give it a read
www.fema.gov...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Nope,

he handled it just like he did the economy.

President Obama is continuing on the same bright and cheery path. Yay!

Farrakhan says GWB blew them up.

Are you calling Farrakhan a liar?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The point of showing the video is basically...LOOK AT ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE!!! And gathered in one place! And talking alll "black" and stuff!!!

Just what we have all come to expect from the Right-Wing media...the quickest to falsely whine about the race card...and the most eager to genuinely play it and exploit racism.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
but so friggin what if he said black folks will survive? I guess we will, I mean, we survived slavery and lynchings, so he wasn't lying about that.

What would "black folks" need to survive? Is it the great white menace?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
The point of showing the video is basically...LOOK AT ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE!!! And gathered in one place! And talking alll "black" and stuff!!!

Just what we have all come to expect from the Right-Wing media...the quickest to falsely whine about the race card...and the most eager to genuinely play it and exploit racism.

This from people who are constantly outraged about the "almost all white" make up of the tea party, Republican [party or anything that seems "too white". I can't turn on the TV without Jon Stewart, Wolf Blitzer, Brian Williams or Chris Matthews flailing their arms about the dangers of too many white people.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by poloblack
but so friggin what if he said black folks will survive? I guess we will, I mean, we survived slavery and lynchings, so he wasn't lying about that.

What would "black folks" need to survive? Is it the great white menace?
What are you babbling about? If you have something intelligent to say, just say it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by butcherguy

It isn't a black only college anymore, before it was, you know when America was still forcibly segregated. It was created for freed slaves after the civil war..... But it still has a mainly black student base. Does that bother you? Are you one of those people that cry about "BET"?

I am a mongrel that the KKK complains about.
Black, American Indian and European.
I can still cry over people wanting to be 'special', as in race, creed and ethic background.

edit on 3-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

How convenient.

"Err...I'm all races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, etc so I can complain about anything on the interwebz."

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Why would black people need white people to survive? Superiority complex much?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Can you tell me why you aren't in an outrage over the "racism" from Allen West? Or any other right winger on here??

Allen West, I'm Like Harriet Tubman!

“So, you have this 21st-century plantation that has been out there, where the Democrat Party has forever taken the black vote for granted. And you have established certain black leaders, who are nothing more than the overseers of that plantation. And now the people on that plantation are upset, because they have been disregarded, disrespected, and their concerns are not cared about.

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Allen West - Obama Wants Americans To "Be His Slave" - (7/1/12)

edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I do not believe our now, President really gives a damn, for he is another puppet on the political stage. And no, I will not disclose what side I'm on because I am not leaning one way or the other. I do not believe either one of these guys!

As Clarence Darrow once said:
"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it."

edit on 3-10-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I remember those times of hurricane aftermath,NOT ONLY OBAMA FEELT THAT WAY,most of the black leaders and pastors of black churches were saying tha same thing to George Bush,and FEMA authorities,its not uncommon that he mentioned this.Just flip the facts and we have a winner.......

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism,

ooooK,He was 100% correct,whats your point ?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
How is this not racist?

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by FlyersFan

Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism,

ooooK,He was 100% correct,whats your point ?

Right and black people are out to rape your white daughters!
edit on 3-10-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join