Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism

page: 4
25
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
I have asked repeatedly for you or others to provide quotes that show these inflamitory racists comments from Obama.

I have repeatedly told you .. it was inferred.
Just as YOU are inferring that the government response was racist.
Show us a direct quote by Bush43 that says he withheld money and aid
because New Orleans had a high black population. Go ahead.
Obama pandering and insinuating racism was very clear.
As I said .. you see what you want.
edit on 10/3/2012 by FlyersFan because: forgot line




posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart
 



he just wants black people to think he is "ghetto" I guess.
+

OMG, so ignorant. He was NOT doing a ghetto accent. He was doing a southern black country accent. BIG difference.

edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace
 


When white people do hillbilly accents it isn't racist...but if Obama does a country accent it's racist. Amazing hypocrisy.






posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 



I have repeatedly told you .. it was inferred.


I don't think you know what inferred means.


Definition of INFER

transitive verb

1: to derive as a conclusion from facts or premises — compare imply

2: guess, surmise

3 a: to involve as a normal outcome of thought
b: to point out : indicate

4: suggest, hint


So which definition are you using here?

You aren't using definition 1, where you use facts to derive a conclusion, because you can't provide any quotes to use to back up your premise.

Number 2 seems to fit, it's a guess.

But I think you are trying to use "suggest or hint".

So please provide the quotes where he is suggesting or hinting at racism.


Your acrobats to avoid this very very simple question asking you to prove your premise with facts speaks volumes. It is really all you anyone needs to know.

You are parroting what every Right Wing talking head is saying, you rush here to make a thread about it without first using your own judgement to analyze the speech, and now when you are called out to prove your premise you simply can't do it.

Don't always rush to make a thread after hearing your favorite Right Wing talking head tell you what to think, they have their own shows, they control the discussion on those shows, no one is allowed to call them out as you are being called out here. So when you listen to them, they make all the sense in the world and all these callers are agreeing with them and no one is calling in to disagree (and the ones that do, they make sure to let the dumbest ones on the air).

I'm sorry, you've been played by the Right Wing. They told you this speech was something it wasn't, and now you can't explain why you believe what you believe besides saying that you just know in your heart what Obama really meant (he "inferred" it).

The fact that you are left to fall back on saying he "inferred" it just shows how empty your argument and initial premise is.

However, if you still want to stick with that argument, then fine. Let's see the quotes where Obama "inferred" these outragous racist things. I'm hoping I get some actual quotes this time and not more excuses.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by Xquizit
Thunderheart

I agree!
But.... What if its the other way around? What if he did NOT change his speech pattern at this lecture? He is speaking in his natural accent and changed it to a none slang and more educated tone for and during the presidential election and during his presidency? We really don't know right?
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)
It's a good question, but going by what little we do know about him, he was raised around white people in Hawaii, his "choom gang" were all white kids, he just wants black people to think he is "ghetto" I guess.

How would he have a ghetto accent if he hung out with these kids during his high school years? Certainly not at home, he lived with his white grandparents and white momma.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)


Obama went to Punahou, the most elite private and very expensive school on Oahu. (I used to live on Oahu). This was a privileged upbringing, there is no doubt, and he did not grow up an any "ghetto". This guy is just as bad as the rest, why is it that staunch Obama supporters think he can do no wrong?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson
 


There was no fear mongering in this speech at all. Obama mentioning fighting discrimination at the end of the speech is fear mongering? Are you afraid of black people organizing and giving motivational speeches to one another?



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 



In 2007 - Sen. Obama, who was born in Hawaii and raised overseas, put on his best fake southern USA black accent, stood in front of a crowd of black folks, and pandered ... strongly insinuating that the governments response to Katrina was racist.


Of course he did….Obama is a racist. You can’t be a student of black liberation theology and NOT be a racist. He is a race baiter like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson et al.

Imagine the news if Romney or Bush went to a church for 20 years that preached White Supremacy? The double standard is striking.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 



Imagine the news if Romney or Bush went to a church for 20 years that preached White Supremacy?


Romney did though....lol

Black people could not be priests at Romneys church up until he was 30 years old because they were considered cursed and evil.




The double standard is striking.


Nice try but fail.
edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by FlyersFan
 



In 2007 - Sen. Obama, who was born in Hawaii and raised overseas, put on his best fake southern USA black accent, stood in front of a crowd of black folks, and pandered ... strongly insinuating that the governments response to Katrina was racist.


Of course he did….Obama is a racist. You can’t be a student of black liberation theology and NOT be a racist. He is a race baiter like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson et al.

Imagine the news if Romney or Bush went to a church for 20 years that preached White Supremacy? The double standard is striking.

Gotta disagree with ya Sea, black liberation does not equate to racism, it just doesn't. And as for Obama being a racist, come on now. I'm no fan of the guy, but, come on. That's like me being racist, having a white great great grandfather...doesn't make sense.
edit on 3-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Give me a break. Show me some videos of Romney’s church that sound like this:



Fail...

Obama is racist so it's no surprise Obama blamed Katrina on whites.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by seabag
 



Imagine the news if Romney or Bush went to a church for 20 years that preached White Supremacy?


Romney did though....lol

Black people could not be priests at Romneys church up until he was 30 years old because they were considered cursed and evil.




The double standard is striking.


Nice try but fail.
edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)


Yep, Romney sure did. I have no doubt he has racist ideology. But, you can not look at Oboma's background and say he doesn't either, seriously. Do I have to list ALL of his affiliations? But, even if I did, you would explain it away, I have seen you do this time and time again on your posts.

You will never be able to prove that Romney is a racist in your heart, I will never be able to prove Obama is a racist in his heart. But, since we are working with "associations", just once, see Obama's too, and that there is a valid logic in it.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



Gotta disagree with ya Sea, black liberation does not equate to racism, it just doesn't.


Of course it does…..listen to the video I just posted.



And as for Obama being a racist, come on now. I'm no fan of the guy, but, come on. That's like me being racist, having a white great great grandfather...doesn't make sense. He may


He is. Listen to his words and look at his actions.

From HIS book 'Dreams of My Father'

"I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

" I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

"The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

"never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

"THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe”



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


That is such a lie!

How can you be so disingenuous? He said the same thing the entire rest of the country said at the time.

What is wrong with Katrina victims they they do not get the government assistance that 911 victims got or that victims of Hurricane Andrew got?


He lets the audience figure out for themselves it was racism, or more likely CLASS-ISM, without saying it AT ALL!!! He alludes it is because they could not match payments required by the Stafford Act. Because they were BLACK??? NO! BECAUSE THEY WERE POOR.

SO THIS THREAD IS A LIE.
edit on 3-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by poloblack
 



Gotta disagree with ya Sea, black liberation does not equate to racism, it just doesn't.


Of course it does…..listen to the video I just posted.



And as for Obama being a racist, come on now. I'm no fan of the guy, but, come on. That's like me being racist, having a white great great grandfather...doesn't make sense. He may


He is. Listen to his words and look at his actions.

From HIS book 'Dreams of My Father'

"I CEASED TO ADVERISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

" I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

"The emotion between the races could never be pure..... the THE OTHER RACE (WHITE) WOULD ALWAYS REMAIN JUST THAT: MENACING, ALIEN AND APART"

"never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. IT WAS INTO MY FATHER'S IMAGE , THE BLACK MAN, THE SON OF AFRICA, THAT I'D PACKED ALL THE ATTRIBUTES I SOUGHT IN MYSELF.

"THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe”

Not making any excuses, but I think the context was past tense. Come on now, Sea. You're delving into territory of which you have no experience in, only an observer. My daughter is half white, but do you know what she is to the average white person? He was speaking in that context, I think. I could be wrong.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


So funny that you read Dreams of my Father.
I am not even that much of a fan.

The slow response to Katrina was putting a lower value, a lower priority, on those folks than on Hurricane Andrews victims and 911 victims - whether it was intentional or not.

In either case, intentional or not intentional, that lower value he is saying was put on the people of New Orleans because they are POOR.

Not because they were black. He even says it is about the money.
New Orleans could not match the Stafford act requirements so why wasn't it waived for them like it was waived for the victims of Andrew? Good question.

edit on 3-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Give me a break. Show me some videos of Romney’s church that sound like this:



Fail...

Obama is racist so it's no surprise Obama blamed Katrina on whites.


He didn't blame Katrina on whites. He blamed the slow response on the government and he blamed that on the fact they could not match disaster assistance payments required in compliance with the Stafford Act when these requirements were waived in at least 2 previous disasters. so they could not make the payments. Did he say it was because they were black? Didn't even allude to it.

said SPECIFICALLY IT WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE POOR AND COULD NOT AFFORD IT.

He questioned the justice and fairness of that response from a government that is supposed to treat everyone equally. A Statesman before his time.

Here are 10 problems with the Mormon faith and worshiping Joseph Smith and his VISION. (????)

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When I first heard the tape I thought maybe Obama was drinking and that his speech was a little slurred, but then I realized he was doing that fake drawl that some do when they want to dupe the poor black audience that they are like them. Hillary did this with her " ..thar ain't no whys..." speech. Biden did with, " they gonna put y'all back in chayens.." speech.

Obama has nothing but contempt for white people and so now it's coming out. Sure, the white voters gave him the benefit of the doubt last time, but after seeing what he's done, well, it won't happen again.

If I were giving a speech to a black audience, I wouldn't pretend to be black, and if I was a black man not given to speaking with a poor black man's drawl, I wouldn't insult my audience by faking it, and I think that this more than the actual hate speech against whites is what I found most disturbing. This shows that he thinks most blacks are just dumb people when they are not. I am a white man, and when I see this type of thing I find it offensive and have no respect for such a person.

So what we see in the video, is a con artist at work.




edit on 3-10-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
When I first heard the tape I thought maybe Obama was drinking and that his speech was a little slurred, but then I realized he was doing that fake drawl that some do when they want to dupe the poor black audience that they are like them. Hillary did this with her " ..thar ain't no whys..." speech. Biden did with, " they gonna put y'all back in chayens.." speech.

Obama has nothing but contempt for white people and so now it's coming out. Sure, the white voters gave him the benefit of the doubt last time, but after seeing what he's done, well, it won't happen again.

If I were giving a speech to a black audience, I wouldn't pretend to be black, and if I was a black man not given to speaking with a poor black man's drawl, I wouldn't insult my audience by faking it, and I think that this more than the actual hate speech against whites is what I found most disturbing. This shows that he thinks most blacks are just dumb people when they are not. I am a white man, and when I see this type of thing I find it offensive and have no respect for such a person.

So what we see in the video, is a con artist at work.




edit on 3-10-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)
I see what you're conveying, but what the hell is a ''poor black man's drawl''? And they're ALL con artists, including Romney's a$$.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by seabag
 



Imagine the news if Romney or Bush went to a church for 20 years that preached White Supremacy?


Romney did though....lol

Black people could not be priests at Romneys church up until he was 30 years old because they were considered cursed and evil.




The double standard is striking.


Nice try but fail.
edit on 3-10-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



But they can now. And Romney said that he cried when they changed their view on blacks, because Jesus was about love. And he was glad when his church changed. However Obama church cursed America and never repented for it, and still preaches black liberation theology.

But in the mind of the racist (people who use and exploit race) there is no change or repentance. How can any black man or woman voter look at that video of Obama putting on such a bad act of being a poor southern black man and feel good about it. What does a black man or woman have to be willing to give up in order to keep pulling the lever for these types of people, which seems to be most of the leadership of the democrat party.



posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



Not making any excuses, but I think the context was past tense. Come on now, Sea. You're delving into territory of which you have no experience in, only an observer. My daughter is half white, but do you know what she is to the average white person? He was speaking in that context, I think. I could be wrong.


Well, I respect your opinion, polo.

I will refrain from commenting further in this thread but I maintain my belief that he is in fact a racist.

Cheers!





new topics

top topics



 
25
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join