It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by Fromabove

reply to post by Fromabove

I'll vote for the Mormon over the muslim so fast you won't even see my hand pull the lever when I do. Mormons don't want to enslave you, kill you, bomb your house, kill and rape your women, inflict inhuman laws on you, and cut off your head. But we're not voting for a religious leader, but an economist this time around, that's why we're gonna fire the one we have now.

So would I.

And unfortunately you do not know what you are talking about which explains why our country is in such turmoil. Rampant and epidemic ignorance.

Yes I do. The difference between a Mormon believer and a muslim is this. The Momon will let you be, and the muslim will kill you and will insist that the government be ruled by the laws of Islam. In Islam, religion and government are the same thing. Obama helps muslims, and this is shown by is failed foreign policy decisions which inflame and promote violence worldwide.

More lies and ignorance spread as easily as peanut butter on bread. please take your racism elsewhere. Better yet keep it in the family.

edit on 3-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

It's not racism when the facts are true, and they are. You as a muslim should know all about jihad, how only Islam can be the only valid and true form of world government. If not then you been out of touch lately. And in this I would not be a racist but prejudiced against Islam because I have read the Quran carefully and pretty much get the idea behind the book. World dominance and no prisoners. As for women, well, I think the world news shows the intent on them.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I don't vote for muslims, not even for dog catcher.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Get a grip.

Right back atchya. It's obvious .. from his fake southern black accent .. to the pandering to the crowd he was with .. to his history of embracing black liberation theology racism as a motivator .. but if you choose not to see it, that's on you. It's there.

Right back atchya?

Do you really talk like this?
Or is this an inflection and popular term you are using because it fits your audience?

A duh.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It's not racism when the facts are true, and they are. You as a muslim should know all about jihad, how only Islam can be the only valid and true form of world government. If not then you been out of touch lately. And in this I would not be a racist but prejudiced against Islam because I have read the Quran carefully and pretty much get the idea behind the book. World dominance and no prisoners. As for women, well, I think the world news shows the intent on them. Anyways, to stay on topic, I don't vote for muslims, not even for dog catcher.

You as a card carrying Mormon should probably thin the herd of wives you have working for you and try not to be as big a pedophile as your religion teaches you it is ok to be. Percentage wise and considering the fact there are more Muslims than Christians and Jews combined I would think (according to you) they would have more of an influence but by and large they seem to mind their own business and want to live in peace and be left alone. It is indeed the Christians soldiers like yourself and the Reverend who burns the Koran and Westboro Baptist Church lunatics that protest at soldiers funerals and denigrate our fighting men who travel the world and try to impose their religion on people who neither need nor want them coming into steal their valuables and resources under the guise of liberation.

You ever heard of any Muslim Missionaries?
No you haven't.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Obama is not a Muslim.........

The only people who think that are ignorant bigots. Cause his names so similar to Osama hur de hur hur

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'll take your avoidance of my question as a statement that you do not approve of Obama's fake southern black accent.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Anyone else uneasy about 2 of the whitest guys on the planet sitting there complaining about the racism of our black president? This is so ridiculous.

1. What does white skin have to do with anything?
2. I guess a black president cant be racist?
3. Why are you so guilty about the skin you were born with?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Obama is not a Muslim.........

The only people who think that are ignorant bigots. Cause his names so similar to Osama hur de hur hur

They might just get confused because his name(s) have Arabic Muslim roots.

He is not Muslim, but his names certainly are (unless you go with the Barry Soetoro moniker).

Despite rumors to the contrary, U.S. President Barack Obama is not a practing Muslim. However, President Obama does have an unusual name which reflects his African Muslim heritage.

The President's first name, Barack, is a Swahili name that has its origins in the Arabic language. The original Arabic root of the name (B-R-K) means "blessed."

President Obama's middle name is Hussein, which was his grandfather's first name. The name, of Arabic origin, means "good" or "handsome one." It is common in Muslim cultures for children (both boys and girls) to have a middle name which directly connects them to their father or grandfather.

Islam.about.com

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

lol, it was completely fake sounding and unnecessary yes.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by redtic
Anyone else uneasy about 2 of the whitest guys on the planet sitting there complaining about the racism of our black president? This is so ridiculous.

1. What does white skin have to do with anything?
2. I guess a black president cant be racist?
3. Why are you so guilty about the skin you were born with?
No disrespect intended, but, that third question makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Thunderheart

lol, it was completely fake sounding and unnecessary yes.
Being of Navajo descent I find it offensive when people greet me with "HOW" I always say, "ask your mom, she'll tell you how".
But anyway, I agree that yes, it was unnecessary and demeaning.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I'll vote for the Mormon over the muslim so fast you won't even see my hand pull the lever when I do. Mormons don't want to enslave you, kill you, bomb your house, kill and rape your women, inflict inhuman laws on you, and cut off your head.

This thread is about Obama supposedly being racist, and you guys are dropping bombshells like this little gem...

There's some black cooking-wear in my kitchen I think you guys should get to know.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by jibeho

Please tell me you know that was voiced over. I'm assuming you do know that and are just injecting some humor. At least he doesn't go orange for Univision... of course by GOP logic he doesn't have to because he already has their vote because his skin is already brown.

Yes, the simple fact that this was on Jay Leno lead me to believe that this was a well documented moment in Humor. Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Tomorrow is going to be nuts around here.... a Post Debate Apocalypse of zingers, told you so's, and he said she said... Welcome to the Thunderdome..

Time to buckle in tight...
and always maintain just a little humor...

Right vs. Left...Good vs. Evil

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Sure it does. What kind of a person makes excuses and deflects about racism directed at them? Only people who feel their skin color is something that needs atoned for. Much like black people who hated themselves are called "uncle toms", there are also white people who hate themselves and even promote racism against other whites.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sure it does. What kind of a person makes excuses and deflects about racism directed at them? Only people who feel their skin color is something that needs atoned for. Much like black people who hated themselves are called "uncle toms", there are also white people who hate themselves and even promote racism against other whites.
I know what you were trying to convey, and I'm not trying to be the grammar police, but that question makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by jibeho

We are still waiting for quotes of those "race baiting" comments Obama made during this speech.

Isn't it funny that no one can provide them, even though they are sure (because they've been told) that this is an increadibly racist speech by Obama?

You clearly have not watched the entire speech or even discovered the central theme of his speech.

The spine of Obama’s speech is a parable about a pregnant woman shot in the stomach during the 1992 Los Angeles riots. The baby is born with a bullet in her arm, which doctors successfully remove. That bullet, Obama explains, is a metaphor for the problems facing black America, namely racism. (At a similar speech he gave in April of 2007 at the First AME Church in Los Angeles to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the riots, according to a church member who was there, Obama described the slug as, “the bullet of slavery and Jim Crow.”)

At least 53 people were killed during the chaos in Los Angeles, many of them targeted by mobs because of their skin color. But Obama does not describe the riots as an expression of racism, but rather as the result of it. The burning and shooting and looting, he explains, amounted to “Los Angeles expressing a lingering, ongoing, pervasive legacy, a tragic legacy out of the tragic history of this country, a history this country has never fully come to terms with.”

Obama's words and intent are clearly incendiary... why else would he link Katrina to the LA Riots??

And with that, Obama pivots to his central point: The Los Angeles riots and Hurricane Katrina have racism in common. “The federal response after Katrina was similar to the response we saw after the riots in LA,” he thunders from the podium. “People in Washington, they wake up, they’re surprised: ‘There’s poverty in our midst! Folks are frustrated! Black people angry!’ Then there’s gonna be some panels, and hearings, and there are commissions and there are reports, and then there’s some aid money, although we don’t always know where it’s going — it can’t seem to get to the people who need it — and nothin’ really changes, except the news coverage quiets down and Anderson Cooper is on to something else.”

Obama's intent to anger and rile his audience is race baiting

In the prepared version distributed to reporters, Obama’s speech ends this way:

“America is going to survive. We won’t forget where we came from. We won’t forget what happened 19 months ago, 15 years ago, thousands of years ago.”

Here's how it really ended

That’s not what he actually said. Before the audience at Hampton, Obama ends his speech this way:

“America will survive. Just like black folks will survive. We won’t forget where we came from. We won’t forget what happened 19 months ago, or 15 years ago, or 300 years ago.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

His wife does the same thing...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Right back atchya? Do you really talk like this?

All over the boards ... all the time ... for YEARS.
Your deflection attempt = epic failure.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Wtf, you got all that from my post? Wow, more power to you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't see what he said as being racist .. he brings up a VERY valid point... this act was waived for new york, in that case I can sort of understand given the scale of it .. but it was also waived for Florida for hurricane andrew.. I believe it SHOULD have been waved for New Orleans .. it makes absolutely no sense .. he didn't say anything about black or white..

It points out an odd inconsistency with reaction to disasters.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by jibeho

We are still waiting for quotes of those "race baiting" comments Obama made during this speech.

Isn't it funny that no one can provide them, even though they are sure (because they've been told) that this is an increadibly racist speech by Obama?

You clearly have not watched the entire speech or even discovered the central theme of his speech.

The spine of Obama’s speech is a parable about a pregnant woman shot in the stomach during the 1992 Los Angeles riots. The baby is born with a bullet in her arm, which doctors successfully remove. That bullet, Obama explains, is a metaphor for the problems facing black America, namely racism. (At a similar speech he gave in April of 2007 at the First AME Church in Los Angeles to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the riots, according to a church member who was there, Obama described the slug as, “the bullet of slavery and Jim Crow.”)

At least 53 people were killed during the chaos in Los Angeles, many of them targeted by mobs because of their skin color. But Obama does not describe the riots as an expression of racism, but rather as the result of it. The burning and shooting and looting, he explains, amounted to “Los Angeles expressing a lingering, ongoing, pervasive legacy, a tragic legacy out of the tragic history of this country, a history this country has never fully come to terms with.”

Obama's words and intent are clearly incendiary... why else would he link Katrina to the LA Riots??

And with that, Obama pivots to his central point: The Los Angeles riots and Hurricane Katrina have racism in common. “The federal response after Katrina was similar to the response we saw after the riots in LA,” he thunders from the podium. “People in Washington, they wake up, they’re surprised: ‘There’s poverty in our midst! Folks are frustrated! Black people angry!’ Then there’s gonna be some panels, and hearings, and there are commissions and there are reports, and then there’s some aid money, although we don’t always know where it’s going — it can’t seem to get to the people who need it — and nothin’ really changes, except the news coverage quiets down and Anderson Cooper is on to something else.”

Obama's intent to anger and rile his audience is race baiting

In the prepared version distributed to reporters, Obama’s speech ends this way:

“America is going to survive. We won’t forget where we came from. We won’t forget what happened 19 months ago, 15 years ago, thousands of years ago.”

Here's how it really ended

That’s not what he actually said. Before the audience at Hampton, Obama ends his speech this way:

“America will survive. Just like black folks will survive. We won’t forget where we came from. We won’t forget what happened 19 months ago, or 15 years ago, or 300 years ago.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

His wife does the same thing...

edit on 3-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)
As I've stated on many occassions, I'm not a fan of O, but so friggin what if he said black folks will survive? I guess we will, I mean, we survived slavery and lynchings, so he wasn't lying about that. I don't know what alternate universe some people live in, but being a black guy in America has been no cakewalk. So what he said we won't forget where we came from? And last, but DEFINITELY not least, so what if he said we won't forget what happened 19 months, 15 years, or 300 years ago? My mother remembers Jim Crow, and all the lynchings, and she's only 66 yrs old. Hell no she hasn't forgotten it! But she doesn't dwell on it. It's funny how people like to speak on things of which they know nothing about. I can't recall ANYONE telling a Jew ''oh, that was in the past, forget about it''.
edit on 3-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by alternateuniverse

I take it you didn't listen to any portion of the speech at all, he didn't politicize anything. He gave a speech to black people about black community problems.

Yep he did and on another foot, if a white-american had given a speech to white community problems. What would of been said? Probably the same thing, but from the other side. So racism is alive and well on both sides black or white.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join