It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
it was

I just wish he had the guts to own his comment when it first surfaced years ago

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Way to ignore all the other videos, just focus on that Romney one. Nice double standard. Changing accent is only race baiting if not white.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Fair Warning....

Post on topic.....
The bickering and off-topic remarks end NOW!!!!
You are responsible for your own posts.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

And for those who have forgotten, this is the topic:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
This was already posted so I'm just gonna copypasta

LMAO @ Baracks fake down south accent.

But race did play a part in Katrina...perceptions at least. People that pretend it doesn't is living in fantasy world.

The black people are looters while the white people are just trying to survive......

There is absolutely nothing racist in this Obama vid, from what I've heard so far. The right wing needs to stop, you just keep embarrassing yourself to normal people.

F
A
I
L

First I wasn't there...but the pictures aren't about color to me...the lower two have a couple items that would float out of a store...

The other woman has a heap load...why did she have a large bag like that? Did she catch individual pieces place them in the bag over time?

Could be she is just much better at water gathering I guess...

IMHO It looks to me like the bag is full of dry items and its floating because of this...maybe you should not focus on color and look at it from a practical point of view.

I will say though, I might do the same and go to the local store and fill a bag if I have little ones to feed etc...the two others look younger and less likely to have children..

I think ALL people are doing the BEST THEY CAN..with what life gives them...no exceptions really...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Since the dawn of history the black african has owned the continent of Africa - rich beyond the dream of poet's fancy, crunching acres of diamonds beneath his bare black feet. Yet he never picked one up from the dust until a white man showed to him its glittering light. His land swarmed with powerful and docile animals, yet he never dreamed a harness, cart, or sled. A hunter by necessity, he never made an axe, spear, or arrowhead worth preserving beyond the moment of its use. He lived as an ox, content to graze for an hour. In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, or built a house save of broken sticks and mud. With league on league of ocean strand and miles of inland seas, for four thousand years he watched their surface ripple under the wind, heard the thunder of the surf on his beach, the howl of the storm over his head, gazed on the dim blue horizon calling him to worlds that lie beyond, and yet he never dreamed a sail.

How in the hell did this get three stars?
Even someone with a relatively shallow grasp of ancient African civilization would know this is false and flies against everything archaeology and recorded text has shown us about the continent.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That video and Obama's southern accent is a perfect example of a politician's abilty to change and adapt to whatever crowd he is speaking too, lies and rhetoric included.

It's no surprise Fox is airing this dirty laundry.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Since the dawn of history the black african has owned the continent of Africa - rich beyond the dream of poet's fancy, crunching acres of diamonds beneath his bare black feet. Yet he never picked one up from the dust until a white man showed to him its glittering light. His land swarmed with powerful and docile animals, yet he never dreamed a harness, cart, or sled. A hunter by necessity, he never made an axe, spear, or arrowhead worth preserving beyond the moment of its use. He lived as an ox, content to graze for an hour. In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, or built a house save of broken sticks and mud. With league on league of ocean strand and miles of inland seas, for four thousand years he watched their surface ripple under the wind, heard the thunder of the surf on his beach, the howl of the storm over his head, gazed on the dim blue horizon calling him to worlds that lie beyond, and yet he never dreamed a sail.

How in the hell did this get three stars?
Even someone with a relatively shallow grasp of ancient African civilization would know this is false and flies against everything archaeology and recorded text has shown us about the continent.
I think you need to go a little deeper in your research. Read the real ancient texts of some of Greece's greatest philosophers and their account of Africa, the texts that you, and most people, know nothing of.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I see that this video sparked quite a fuss here on ATS like I expected.

Honestly there is NO racism in this video whatsoever.

And plus, this video was obviously public and Obama obviously didn't mean to keep what he said a secret.

Come on guys, it's not like Obama is speaking at a private fundraiser event with his top donors.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The problem with his speech is the fact that 10 days before he gave this speech the Stafford Act was waived and the Senator Obama voted against waiving it! As a person who lives in Lousiana I am well aware of the aftermath of Katrina and this speech was just another example of Obama trying to divide America along racial lines. Racism exists but MOST people are not racist. Most people believe if you treat them right they will treat you right! The race card is an excuse!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Why would you give a speech to a black group and for that matter give a speech to a black or white or yellow or red group that in itself takes and separates you from the human race which in itself is racist at its core.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You should give Darwin credit for his words.

This quote makes me wonder how Darwin's theory on the origin of man came to be a standard staple in modern textbooks when he clearly had no grasp on actual recorded history.

It also makes me wonder whether you practice the same selective reasoning?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Is this really that big of a shocker to any of you? Obama has constantly talked about the inequalities that the African-American community suffers, and how unfair everything is for blacks, and the big, mean racist white man is always keeping them down. Please, Hurricane Katrina effected more than 1 race, and the government's slow response did the same. I don't get why Obama always needs to pull the race card. Oh that's right, a majority of African Americans will sheepishly vote for him, donate to him, and support him no matter what because he's the savior of the black folk.

Sorry Obama, the response to Katrina and the devastation it left behind was tragic, however it was not a black problem, or a white problem, it was a communities problem. Also while I do feel sorrow for those who were affected by hurricane Katrina, I do believe that they should at least try to repay a portion of the billions of federal aid given to help them rebuild. If a major natural disaster happened here, like an earth quake (which I am well aware are common in California), then I would do my best to help repay the tax money spent to help me when I needed it once I got back on my feet. While it's a kind gesture (and not one you can opt out of even if you wanted to) it is not the responsibility of the whole nation's tax payers to pay (in full) to rebuild a whole city that, like earthquakes in California, was known to be prone to hurricanes.

I'm all for helping those in need, but when those in need only take and never give back it makes me wonder if they truly appreciated the help, and if so why not at least make an effort to repay at least some of those billions of dollars that came out of the wallets of every state in the country. All of which, I am sure, can think of many other projects that money could have been put to use on.

Again, I am all for helping, as long as those being helped try to help those who helped them. I even housed a family from Louisiana who not only lost their house, but their business too. I didn't ask much except to respect my belongings, clean up after yourselves, and do what you can to get on your feet again. They stayed with me 5 months, rent free. When they finally went back to help rebuild we stayed in contact because we became friends over those 5 months. 2 years later I randomly received a check for $2,000 from the family. They had reopened their business and were doing great. I never asked for anything in return except what I mentioned earlier in this post, but the fact that they re payed me some of the money I had spent out of my own pocket and out of the kindness of my heart to help them made me feel they really did appreciate what I did for them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by alternateuniverse

I take it you didn't listen to any portion of the speech at all, he didn't politicize anything. He gave a speech to black people about black community problems.

He lied to them in an attempt to anger them with the then current administration (Republicans) betting that he was spewing his lies on an uneducated audience about the subject, YOU obviously didn't watch all 3 videos through to the end to find out that he was lying threw his teeth being that he was a currently seated Senator and knowing the govt had already given billions to LA with no repayment required. Get your facts straight, and yes he is obviously racist. It's so blatant and to say otherwise is to show your ignorance as to the point he was putting across.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT racist! Give me a Colin Powell or Condi Rice as a Presidential candidate, people with some morals and intelligent enough to not put on a fake accent and they would get my vote, so leave your race card off your next post.

I dislike him for many reasons other than this. Lets just say I think he's signed a few hundred too many Executive Orders. A few hundred more than any former President. He does win one category in my book. The worst ever.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Fair Warning....

Post on topic.....
The bickering and off-topic remarks end NOW!!!!
You are responsible for your own posts.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

And for those who have forgotten, this is the topic:

But Surfrat's post is somehow on topic? (try glancing up a few posts--or did you agree with it?)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The people of New Orleans have a city built in a bowl that is lower than sea level; next to the ocean; and in an area that gets hit by major hurricanes. They want the rest of the country to completely rebuild that every time it gets nailed? That's insane.

I take offense to your attitude.

It's called Federal Aid. This is how it works: the Government cant have any power The People don't give them. We The People wanted government help when we need it and that's what we get. Far better they help their own citizens than waging war overseas for their personal agenda don't you think?

That money is to kick start the recovery not to completely rebuild and that's what it's used for. Tell me, Where do you live? California that's prone to earthquakes ( and next to the ocean where it will one day fall into) ? Or The areas prone to tornadoes?

You don't want us living in a bowl, fine, we'll move, but you have to move all Californians too. You gonna pay for this? Where you gonna put us? How are you going to supplant the jobs of people who make a living off the shores?

It's your attitude that's Insane.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've been saying since his campaign, that his "Yes We Can" slogan was a black thing. Meaning, yes black people can. I've heard some black people say it long before I knew of Obama...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The people of New Orleans have a city built in a bowl that is lower than sea level; next to the ocean; and in an area that gets hit by major hurricanes. They want the rest of the country to completely rebuild that every time it gets nailed? That's insane.

I take offense to your attitude. ... It's your attitude that's Insane.

I don't care if you, or anyone else, takes offense with my attitude. I spoke the truth. The entire country shouldn't have to pay for that kind of absurdity. Just like the entire country shouldn't have to pay for the clean up thats coming in the future from the absurdity of building a nuclear reactor in California, on the water, that can only stand up to a 7.0 earthquake and cant' deal with tidal waves. We all know that California is going to get rocked by something bigger at some point.

It's insane.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join