It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Is all media's fault for promoting an unrealistic image of the female or even the male for that matter. Is the hypocrisy in our society and the greedy social system we live in that has played most part in creating an image of human body...

Hold on right there, maybe in the past but things are changing. Now some of the biggest (no pun intended) "it" girls are girls like Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian, Scarlet Johansson, etc...

These are not the paper thin girls that made it big a decade ago. And I'm a little cheesed actually, because I liked those type of girls when Calista Flockheart was in style. Now theres 10 times more guys all vying for them...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by JPhish

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
i see it like this... if she was sitting there every morning smoking cigarettes there would be an uproar

Being obese is just as, if not MORE unhealthy than smoking cigarettes.

The person who wrote the letter is right.

The news anchor is wrong.

It's that simple.

Especially when she equated being obese to having a particular skin color ...

You CHOOSE to be obese; you can't choose your race.
edit on 10/3/2012 by JPhish because: I wanted to point out another way this news anchor is being stupid ...

the question is, why does it matter to so many people when they are unaffected by it, and why does do the same idiots feel the need to tell people they are fat, as if the fat person doesn't know?
why does this total stranger feel the need to write in to someone about an issue they no doubt have dealt with?
The person who wrote the letter asserted that she is a role model for children because she is constantly in the public light. This is true and she will undoubtedly have an affect on children; especially if their parents are not attentive. Children shouldn't see an obese person and think for even a moment there is something OK or acceptable with that life choice.

Originally posted by demongoatwhat is with people judging her like this? who is anyone to tell her how to live? or gives anyone the right to judge her life? they don't know her anymore than the idiot who wrote to her, she could have been working on losing weight or has a problem losing weight.
I'm judging her for being an idiot. An idiot who can't take criticism and who thinks that being obese is equivalent to being black or gay.

Originally posted by demongoati agree with the person who says over-weight people are the new target, since people can use the excuse that you can lose weight, as if that justifies anything.

Sorry, but the truth is important to me. The truth is, being obese is unhealthy and unattractive. Obesity is strain on the "socialized" medical system in America. Money that I and others pay in taxes goes towards healthcare for people who likely, wouldn't have otherwise had problems if they had led a more healthy lifestyles. These people are also stuffing their faces while others elsewhere are starving. It's unconscionable.

Originally posted by demongoatlol where did you point out she was being stupid? the post didn't have much substance to begin with! it was just your opinion.
I don't deal in opinions, I deal with facts. She is not an intelligent person, unless she is feigning stupidity and making poor life choices for TV ratings ...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Telos

Is all media's fault for promoting an unrealistic image of the female or even the male for that matter. Is the hypocrisy in our society and the greedy social system we live in that has played most part in creating an image of human body...

Hold on right there, maybe in the past but things are changing. Now some of the biggest (no pun intended) "it" girls are girls like Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian, Scarlet Johansson, etc...

These are not the paper thin girls that made it big a decade ago. And I'm a little cheesed actually, because I liked those type of girls when Calista Flockheart was in style. Now theres 10 times more guys all vying for them...

As in everything else in life, is a matter of opinion. I do respect yours but I stand in what I said. And I wasn't talking at all about paper thin girls but exactly the type of girls you just named. Appearance is just one side of the story. Let's not talk about the life style, marriage and divorce, sex videotapes and sex scandals of this so called celebrities...all being feed constantly in our subconscious. Do you want me to talk about the end result?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I think she did a good job at alerting others of how ignorance can and is passed down in relation to bullying. She made some good points that will hopefully help out some who are bullies and who get bullied (I remember those days and always seemed to keep multiple bullies smh) So its nice to see this type of feed back from her in response to the ignorant letter sent to her. Good energy OP jhn7537

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by cavalryscout
The email wasn't that insulting.

She is fat sorry but it's true.

She is also in the public eye by choice so if somebody points out she is a chunky monkey then she should keep her fat yap shut and think about going to the gym maybe cut back on one of her many daily meals or prob. what she calls 'snacks'. Put the cupcake down and eat an apple once in a while.

I'm really not even sure how to respond to this... Sounds like you have a little bully in you

If that's what you want to call it then ok. I call it being honest.

I would think somebody on tv would have thicker skin. It sounds like this lady has a lot more issues than just being fat.

Why do fat people have so many excuses? Oh I had 3 kids. Oh I have a thyroid problem. Oh I have a slow metabolism.

Bull it's because you eat too much.

When you're full stop eating. Simple as that.

Such a stupid comment.

There has been a campaign to bully and victimize overweight people, even take their kids away.

Now just for your information, for the people who do eat too much, when they are overweight, THAT IS THEIR BUSINESS, and its not even close to being decent to speak of another person's weight.

However, most of the people who eat large amounts of foods have fast metabolisms AND ARE THIN.

Most overweight people, (and its usually hereditary, related to childbirth, often more than one child, and permanent changes in the body, and various health conditions) NIBBLE AND DON'T LOSE WEIGHT.

AND THAT IS HOW GOD AND NATURE MADE MOST OF HUMANITY.

You are responsible for how you view others, speak of others, think of others even.

That email was Bullying.

The misognynist on the other end likes his woman thin, hollywood, looking like abused teens.

Every single person on this planet puts a lot of things on their tab, in thoughts/words and deeds. They have to pay that bill when they leave if they don't things around.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Consider this an internet handshake, you deserve it after your post of truth....Bravo

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There is a reason as a society we are at where we are. We are too soft (both literally & figuratively). We don't take care of ourselves the way we should. My medical plans at work have gone up every single year. I go once year for my checkups and that is usually it. We have to over pay because of the people who don't take care of themselves and lets themselves get over weight. Some people have issues and that's why we have doctors.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How is it learned behavior when it appears in the youngest of children when brought together??
Seeking social proof is natural human behavior. Not everyone sees the email as 'bullying'. I seem to be the only person in the thread who has hit on the heart of where the behavior originates to begin with, but my comment was ignored. I don't find this suprising at all. As a collective, humans have some very distorted views of why we behave the way we do. It must be the media.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just dont see how this is bullying.
it reminds me of every aspect of life now days, where if you dont agree with what everyone calls the "Norm" then you are obviously "spouting Hate" or are "ignorant and full of HATE" when in reality what you did was form an opinion of your own and are being chastised for it.

To me this whole thing isn't about someones health issues, lifestyle choice or personal desires, it's about the whininess of society these days. When something is too stressful pull the

____Insert random name here___(Card).

It's none of my business if someone wants to be fat, be skinny, smoke crack, cutout their eyeballs with a spoon.. I would prefer they not, but whatever man. Just dont pull a stress card on the world, every time you feel crapped on by the WORLD.

This new thing people are doing where literally every aspect of human nature is being picked apart until everyone is happy is total BS.. After you regulate literally everything said by everyone whats next? Regulating the type of happiness you just found?

Where some are having too much fun while others are not enjoying themselves as much.. Everyone should be on an equal playing Field of fun...This month is anti too much fun month..

Humanity is doomed, and whats more we probably deserve it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You take life too seriously.

She shouldn't be over weight. In my opinion nobody overweight should be on the public eye. It's setting a poor example and it's disgusting. The obese are dirtier than thin people, lazier than thin people, more expensive to live than thin people. It' literally has no upsides.

It's disgusting and show's no self control. Anyone defending her is also obsese.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Amen sister.

I was bullied in school. Especially 7th grade. Those little punks said things to me all year that are still with me and I'm 42. I wanted to try to fit in. I had them sign my yearbook. Not very nice things were signed.

It is not a joke. These little brats need to be given a taste of their own bullying medicine.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy
Amen sister.

I was bullied in school. Especially 7th grade. Those little punks said things to me all year that are still with me and I'm 42. I wanted to try to fit in. I had them sign my yearbook. Not very nice things were signed.

It is not a joke. These little brats need to be given a taste of their own bullying medicine.

Bring back the schoolyard fight, except this time introduce chains and boards with rusty nails.

That's what I remember of 7th grade, though I may be confusing it with a Russian prison, it's all relative though.

7th grade was hell, especially after your dad washes one of your moms purple shirts with ALL your school clothes dying ALL of them pink.. Unfortunately we had no money for more clothes so I was wearing pink the whole year..God life sucked..

ETA: I was a chubby little dude in 7th grade.. Pink wasn't working.
edit on 3-10-2012 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
i see it like this... if she was sitting there every morning smoking cigarettes there would be an uproar

Being obese is just as, if not MORE unhealthy than smoking cigarettes.

The person who wrote the letter is right.

The news anchor is wrong.

It's that simple.

Especially when she equated being obese to having a particular skin color ...

You CHOOSE to be obese; you can't choose your race.
edit on 10/3/2012 by JPhish because: I wanted to point out another way this news anchor is being stupid ...

the question is, why does it matter to so many people when they are unaffected by it, and why does do the same idiots feel the need to tell people they are fat, as if the fat person doesn't know?
why does this total stranger feel the need to write in to someone about an issue they no doubt have dealt with?
The person who wrote the letter asserted that she is a role model for children because she is constantly in the public light. This is true and she will undoubtedly have an affect on children; especially if their parents are not attentive. Children shouldn't see an obese person and think for even a moment there is something OK or acceptable with that life choice.

Originally posted by demongoatwhat is with people judging her like this? who is anyone to tell her how to live? or gives anyone the right to judge her life? they don't know her anymore than the idiot who wrote to her, she could have been working on losing weight or has a problem losing weight.
I'm judging her for being an idiot. An idiot who can't take criticism and who thinks that being obese is equivalent to being black or gay.

Originally posted by demongoati agree with the person who says over-weight people are the new target, since people can use the excuse that you can lose weight, as if that justifies anything.

Sorry, but the truth is important to me. The truth is, being obese is unhealthy and unattractive. Obesity is strain on the "socialized" medical system in America. Money that I and others pay in taxes goes towards healthcare for people who likely, wouldn't have otherwise had problems if they had led a more healthy lifestyles. These people are also stuffing their faces while others elsewhere are starving. It's unconscionable.

Originally posted by demongoatlol where did you point out she was being stupid? the post didn't have much substance to begin with! it was just your opinion.
I don't deal in opinions, I deal with facts. She is not an intelligent person, unless she is feigning stupidity and making poor life choices for TV ratings ...

----------------------------------------------------------
I really can't see what she hopes to accomplish with this story??
She is not being bullied...This Was a one persons single email voicing their opinion. This was one email not multiple emails??? Surely she could have found a better example of bullying if she wanted to have her voice heard.

I agree with jphish...she has made this private message into an even bigger issue by putting it in the press..

I can see where it would be considered hurtful, but not bullying. This is simply one persons opinion and should this physical condition be admired by our children? I say no it should not.

If you choose to work in the public spotlight be prepared to be criticized..Some People speak the truth...

edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: mispelling

edit on 3-10-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This video really touched me, I sat here with tears in my eyes and I do not cry easily. I loved how she took control and put this bully in his place, I stand and applaud her.
There have always been bullies, but I do believe that due to the internet bullies have found a way to remain faceless and it has sharpened their daggers of hate.
As Jennifer so eloquently said, we need to educate and truly it starts with self and then we can teach it to others especially our children.
Thank You OP for posting this.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I say -- Good for her!

Yes, 4 minutes of air time is a bit excessive. She did get long winded. And I confess, I am not kind to heavy people. I don't use euphemisms to soften my words at any point. It is dishonest to me.

If you are fat, cruel, kind, short, snotty, up-in-my-face, or hot. I got no qualms about using those words. I'm not gonna say large, opinionated, gentle spirited, little person, a bit upset, or as beautiful to me a tropical sunset. It's not my style.

She definitely demonstrated surgical precision with that tongue. Good for her.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

For most overweight people, its a condition, not a life choice. PERIOD.

Role model to children? The proper role model is to teach your children: to not judge other people, to see through ALL the earthly traps, and politics, religions, judgments and be a gift to all the people, to work for freedom and equality equally, to overturn all negative thoughts, impulses and behaviors in themselvs and meditate/seek daily, "who am I? why am I here? Reporting for duty!"

It is an honor to Love and to Serve all people.

That all people come in all different shapes, sizes, looks, and to not judge anything on appearance but have respect and consideration for everyone!

This is just hatred against people with different metabolism and health than you, and teaches children to be bullies.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Let's take your "logic" and reapply it, this is one of the best ways to test it, to see if it is logical.

crackheads should only be advised about crack by their doctor or close firends....hhhmmmm the law, the courts, the police, and society disagree

Pedophiles should be judged only by doctors, or close friends or family.....umm nopers there also

Suicidal people should...........hhhmmm nope not there either

Dangerous drivers should only........nope still not then

Smokers should..........nope not even then, even though it is a very good analogue for destructive behavior

Or maybe just down right a-hole types, should only be judged and or talked to about their problem........still no

The point is, that friends and family are likely to "sugar coat" the issue, instead of the blunt reality that children and strangers are more likely to give.

It sounds to me like your fat, and are projecting your self conscious feelings onto this instance, instead of facing your personal demons and trying to overcome them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by JPhish

For most overweight people, its a condition, not a life choice. PERIOD.

Role model to children? The proper role model is to teach your children: to not judge other people, to see through ALL the earthly traps, and politics, religions, judgments and be a gift to all the people, to work for freedom and equality equally, to overturn all negative thoughts, impulses and behaviors in themselvs and meditate/seek daily, "who am I? why am I here? Reporting for duty!"

It is an honor to Love and to Serve all people.

That all people come in all different shapes, sizes, looks, and to not judge anything on appearance but have respect and consideration for everyone!

This is just hatred against people with different metabolism and health than you, and teaches children to be bullies.

How is a critique of public appearance bullying?
I'm not being cute, I'm seriously wanting to see from the other perspective.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
reply to post by Unity_99

You take life too seriously.

She shouldn't be over weight. In my opinion nobody overweight should be on the public eye. It's setting a poor example and it's disgusting. The obese are dirtier than thin people, lazier than thin people, more expensive to live than thin people. It' literally has no upsides.

It's disgusting and show's no self control. Anyone defending her is also obsese.

Using the word disgusting, connected to a real person's appearance, is so ugly and demeaning, it can cause teens to commit suicide. We're not supposed to have thick skin, we're supposed to be sensitive/caring individuals capable of feeling a great deal for others.

She is not only not disgusting, but actually a beautiful intelligent well spoken women and her talk empowered all those who are bullied, including the handicapped.

I for one am a little sick at having role models forced on us that come out of the M'Kultra, CIA, abuse of women, super thin, crowd.

I like real people in the public eye, in all sizes and shapes, representing the real way humanity is looking and promoting self esteem.

I consider your opinion disgusting. It's hateful and words like that cause suicides.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I can't help but laugh! How convenient that such an email would come to light in anti-bullying month? Although the letter was hurtful, it seemed to be written in good taste, and because we have no idea who wrote it, it is impossible to define the true intentions of the writer. Is it possible that the first lady wrote this email in an attempt to tackle America's obesity problem? This looks like a spin aimed at aiding an agenda- nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join