It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bully Calls News Anchor Fat, News Anchor Destroys Him On Live TV

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
How about the simple concept of people minding their own business? Her weight is not my business and it is not the business of some random viewer. Her weight, what she eats and her level of exercise are all her decisions and not a single person, outside of her family and doctor, has any right to tell her what is acceptable or not.

Maybe if more peoplefocused on having their own "house" in order and a little less on others, then we could see a decline in many of the social problems that our society seems to have an abundance of.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why it has become socially acceptable to be a judgemental prick?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

It was obviously an email that really hurt her feelings. It would to anyone who overcame their low self esteem issues, and were already battling with the weight issues, and felt terrible about themselves, but forced themselves to behave normally, putting their best foot forward. Anyone receiving that email on an issue that would already be bothering them very much, and could cause them to fall into major depression, would feel the hatred, directed against them, the judgments, the exclusion.

A teenager receiving a letter like that could kill themselves.

She is a good person, her weight is not an issue, nor should it be. To say that integrity and goodness isn't a role model to a nation unless you look like a half starved hollywood style sex object is an extremely UGLY bullet to shoot at her and all women and youths.

It's because of the wrong kind of role models in the media and movies that so many girls and kids have terrible conditions of starving, and puking, dying, and do all they can to fit into this new unnatural and unhealthy "norm" for all women.

Its a deliberate system of abuse of women and children.

Real role models, healthy ones, show that people come in all sizes and shapes, and give/lend self esteem to all children growing up.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by JPhish

The person who wrote the letter asserted that she is a role model for children because she is constantly in the public light. This is true and she will undoubtedly have an affect on children; especially if their parents are not attentive. Children shouldn't see an obese person and think for even a moment there is something OK or acceptable with that life choice.

For most overweight people, its a condition, not a life choice. PERIOD.

This is incorrect. Stop eating and you will lose the weight. Guaranteed.

Role model to children? The proper role model is to teach your children: to not judge other people, to see through ALL the earthly traps, and politics, religions, judgments and be a gift to all the people, to work for freedom and equality equally, to overturn all negative thoughts, impulses and behaviors in themselvs and meditate/seek daily, "who am I? why am I here? Reporting for duty!"
I had already mentioned that it wouldn't have a negative affect on children with attentive parents.

It is an honor to Love and to Serve all people.
That's great that you are having this "jesus savior experience" (really, the more love the better) but I think this quote is relevant.

"In giving advice, seek to help, not please, your friend."
-Solon (638 BC - 559 BC)

That all people come in all different shapes, sizes, looks, and to not judge anything on appearance but have respect and consideration for everyone!
The most inconsiderate person involved in this situation is the news reporter. The person who wrote the letter was many times more considerate than she.

This is just hatred against people with different metabolism and health than you, and teaches children to be bullies.
Sorry, but the writer of the letter is not a bully and the news reporter is a drama queen who should stop eating so much if she wants to be more healthy. She should also CONSIDER that she sets an example for kids whose parents may be uneducated, inattentive or obese themselves.
edit on 10/3/2012 by JPhish because: typos

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Miri08

Let's take your "logic" and reapply it, this is one of the best ways to test it, to see if it is logical.

crackheads should only be advised about crack by their doctor or close firends....hhhmmmm the law, the courts, the police, and society disagree

Pedophiles should be judged only by doctors, or close friends or family.....umm nopers there also

Suicidal people should...........hhhmmm nope not there either

Dangerous drivers should only........nope still not then

Smokers should..........nope not even then, even though it is a very good analogue for destructive behavior

Or maybe just down right a-hole types, should only be judged and or talked to about their problem........still no

The point is, that friends and family are likely to "sugar coat" the issue, instead of the blunt reality that children and strangers are more likely to give.

It sounds to me like your fat, and are projecting your self conscious feelings onto this instance, instead of facing your personal demons and trying to overcome them.

When obesity is against the law your examples will be relevant. And as for the smoking there is no second hand fat.

And yes I am overweight. I am 5' 9" tall and I weigh 220 pounds. I had to choose between taking medication that makes it very easy to gain weight but would enable me to live a decent life or not taking medication and living a crap existence but staying a socially acceptable size.

Yes I'm fat and I don't need you or children or strangers to tell me that

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good Post OP!
This women is very intelligent and has total class!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Unpopular Opinion time:

There is a growing "fat acceptance" movement going on in America. That needs to stop, and soon. It's not beneficial to anyone. I see so many older people on this site claiming America has gotten so bad with coddling losers and giving medals to everyone in children's games instead of actually acknowledging truths of achievements...that's fine, but when I see those same people talking about "good for her" in this thread, there is a problem.

It's convenient to comment on something when you're so far removed from it. However, with a lot of Americans these days, sympathy flows out of the ass for the overweight and obese. "It's genetics" "I'm big boned" "I have a thyroid condition" Sure, and you're fat.

I'll be damned if I see a natural human or a human from 2150 allowing themselves to look as such. In the cradle of gluttony, we celebrate our sloth. What are we teaching our children? Really, what are we teaching them? This is more than a bullying issue. Are we not to be critical of a basic disease that strays from economics, social class, and capital stratification such as Obesity. The rich, middle class, and poor are suffering from an epidemic that isn't as discriminatory as the dollar in your wallets. (At least the poor have a partial...and I mean partial excuse). Obesity is a disease, not a condition, exacerbated by gluttony and wanton care for the human frame. It is not something to be celebrated or defended in any matter. There is no pride in being round, pudgy, and soft. It is against nature, and by 2100 will be against technological aesthetic.

Now, with all of that said, the letter was inappropriate to a certain degree. While it was constructed in a civil manner, it poked and prodded in all the right places that scream "I'm calling you out and embarrassing you in a polite manner. You're being fat shamed with civility." It was wrong of the letter to have been sent, and there were a slew of ways to tactfully ask this woman to lose weight. The letter was uncalled for in every degree; however, what was also uncalled for was the publication of a letter between two adults on a national forum. That was beyond inappropriate and probably will allow millions to accept obesity as a condition that is not to be critiqued.

What are we saying here? Are we really campaigning against bullying? Or are we accepting our failures of care and personal responsibility to our health? Are we allowing the degeneration and defaming of our sacred temples for the sake of 'feeling comfortable within our skin'. Are we downplaying the will and mettle of the human spirit to not only transform the mind, but the body? Are we downplaying our ability as Gods to create and mold not only the fabric of reality, but these monkey suits that we wear? I think that everyone needs to step back and really thing about what is going on here. Everyone needs to step back, into the closet, into the doctors office, and into the gym, or onto the track and really take a second look at things.

Yes, people need respect. People are to treat each other as mirrors and use the utmost of reverence for one another. We are to worship one another, and avoid verbal and written vitriol...but, we are to assist one another in the goals of progression. We are not to allow one another to wallow in filth and allow our bodies to needlessly bloat into disgusting shapes.

/Unpopular Opinion time.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

We do know who wrote it:

Kenneth Krause response

Given this country’s present epidemic of obesity and the many truly horrible diseases related thereto, and considering Jennifer Livingston’s fortuitous position in the community, I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of Coulee Region children by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year, and, to that end, I would be absolutely pleased to offer Jennifer any advice or support she would be willing to accept. — Kenneth W. Krause

Source

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow.

I got something totally different than most here, I imagine. First, the email wasn't "bullying". If anything, it was a form of constructive criticism. And it was done with sincerity. I read it, I felt sincerity. But her rant felt like nothing more than someone who wanted revenge, really. I can feel the heat off her words, I bet some of you can feel it too.

To me, freedom of speech is the most important thing we got. Chicks (OK, whole hens) like this need to understand that criticizing and opinion is part of that. That also includes people using language of their choice to express themselves, too.

Let me tell you, I weighed 230lbs not very long ago. Now that's not obese but I certainly wasn't getting what I would consider a healthy life out of the current situation. So, I did something about it. I got rid of soda (wasn't hard once the addiction wore off), started eating out less (more money in my pocket now too), and started some workout routines, nothing extreme just about 40 min a day with P90x or Insanity, depending on my mood. I now weigh 173. It wasn't hard, just something I had to commit to.

Point being, I became hard on myself instead of letting myself go to waste. This hen is overweight, and that is the truth. Bullying is as much a problem as obesity, do not pretend it isn't IMO. The constructive criticism the letter had was, despite being offensive to HER, a form of free speech. It is also freedom of speech that let her speak out about it and that's fine too, but I would say that spending airtime to do so was probably "a bit much." Who knows though, maybe a letter like that would be the thing that gets her to actually lose weight. You NEVER know.

I noticed the comments section of Youtube was closed. LOL, no wonder why.

Does anybody agree with me?

edited to say:

I've been bullied, most of my childhood life actually. I was not good at sports (didn't want to be either), wore glasses and braces, had some acne, and in general did not fit the norm. I played video games, raced R/C cars, built computers and tweaked them, and went to vo-tech for most of my highschool time as a computer tech in training. I was tall but a twig, and back then (the 90's) being that way wasn't the norm like some of these skinny-pants wearing kids. Point being, I KNOW bullying when I see it or hear it. And I detest bullies especially ones that force their will upon others physically, or try to take people down with rumors or threats. That's not opinion or freedom of speech, that's harassment. There is a difference but this example is NOT bullying.

I think this whole rant plays into a left-leaning agenda.
edit on 3-10-2012 by fourthmeal because: more to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Wow.

I got something totally different than most here, I imagine. First, the email wasn't "bullying". If anything, it was a form of constructive criticism. And it was done with sincerity. I read it, I felt sincerity. But her rant felt like nothing more than someone who wanted revenge, really. I can feel the heat off her words, I bet some of you can feel it too.

To me, freedom of speech is the most important thing we got. Chicks (OK, whole hens) like this need to understand that criticizing and opinion is part of that. That also includes people using language of their choice to express themselves, too.

Let me tell you, I weighed 230lbs not very long ago. Now that's not obese but I certainly wasn't getting what I would consider a healthy life out of the current situation. So, I did something about it. I got rid of soda (wasn't hard once the addiction wore off), started eating out less (more money in my pocket now too), and started some workout routines, nothing extreme just about 40 min a day with P90x or Insanity, depending on my mood. I now weigh 173. It wasn't hard, just something I had to commit to.

Point being, I became hard on myself instead of letting myself go to waste. This hen is overweight, and that is the truth. Bullying is as much a problem as obesity, do not pretend it isn't IMO. The constructive criticism the letter had was, despite being offensive to HER, a form of free speech. It is also freedom of speech that let her speak out about it and that's fine too, but I would say that spending airtime to do so was probably "a bit much." Who knows though, maybe a letter like that would be the thing that gets her to actually lose weight. You NEVER know.

I noticed the comments section of Youtube was closed. LOL, no wonder why.

Does anybody agree with me?

This is what I have been saying this whole time.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

No it is not. I have a very large family. Women tend to gain weight after childbirth. In the family, we have some overweight and underweight individuals. My second oldest son, is 6 ' 2" tall and weighs 150 lbs on a good day. He can eat anything that moves and often goes for seconds. He cooks up 5 extra baked potatoes and takes extra calories whenever he can. The overweight individuals have health conditions, primarily, to name a few: thyroid, ostero arthritis and NIBBLE.

The faster metabolism individuals eat the most and are the thin ones.

Hollywood thinness is a very poor role model for children.

There is alot of agenda behind most articles concerning weight. This one is so so.

www.abc.net.au...

"So even though an overweight person might eat less and exercise more, losing weight can still be a challenge if, say, they're genetically programmed to use energy more efficiently.

"Similarly, some slim people are lucky enough to possess a set of genes that ensure they stay svelte despite a sedentary lifestyle and so much gastronomic temptation," he says.

"Such genes influence appetite, leading them to eat less and know when they are full, as well as allow for less energy (fat) storage and more energy use.

"It's just the luck of the draw.

"But we should stop beating ourselves up about our weight and instead concentrate on eating healthily and doing regular exercise, and teaching these habits to our children."

answers.yahoo.com...

Here is the real life answers, and most nutritionists and experts just LIE and work for their agenda, to make everyone feel inferior and unable to speak up and change the system, and to make a lot of money for certain industries.

www.buzzle.com...

The super thin, media women are very poor role models to children and cause illness.

What children need to see, is a wide variety of humans in all shapes and sizes in the media, speaking up freely, being empowered, counting too. That is something the bloodlines don't want.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Change the word obese in that email to "smoker" (cigarette smoker) and everything would be fine. No more "bullying" then? She even admits she is overweigh and why am i not seeing the "bullying". And what a stupid word "bullying" is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I feel like I'm being bullied in to accepting this as bullying.
Why dont I have advocates? Where is that internet bullying thing when you need it?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So all personality traits are "learned" behavior, yet as a gay man, I am sure you would say that being gay isn't a choice, correct?

Hhmmm, amazing how so many can think they are being honest and unbiased in saying racism and anger and many other personality traits are "learned" yet being gay, which is a personality trait isn't a choice.

That is a contradiction by the way, either gay is or isn't a choice, along with most other personality traits.

Cany have it both ways silly goose, it is called hypocrasy look it up.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You sound like YOU'd be a bad role model for children. Quit hating on the actors/actresses

Being fat is unhealthy -- There is NO denying it. Quit trying to make us look like the bad guys for bringing up the issue. Instead of getting in everyones faces how about putting a small bit of effort into working on your physical appearances.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Have we as a society forgotten the two simple words "Constructive Criticism"?

There is a definite difference between what this man wrote and bullying. He didn't use condesending words, name calling, and/or threats. He stated his position and concerns, not launch an attack on her.

She chose a profession that puts her in the public eye and with that comes public opinion. Was the man right in his opinion? Maybe, maybe not. It's his opinion. And he is entitled to it. It may have been hurtful for her to read, but that doesn't constitute bullying.

Here is the definition from en.wikipedia.org...

Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.[9]

So was his letter aggressive, repeated, or intentionally hurtful? I personally don't think it was. I think it hurt her feelings, but I think his intent was just to bring the issue of being a role model to her attention amongst a nation that is increasingly getting heavier and heavier.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

This is incorrect. Stop eating and you will lose the weight. Guaranteed.

WRONG. It is NOT "guaranteed" that if you stop eating, you will lose weight. I could lose weight easily in my youth, but I had a hysterectomy when I was 46. After that, I found weight gain came very easily, and the weight wouldn't come off, no matter how little I ate, or how much I exercised. I did everything right, and still, the weight came on and wouldn't come off. It would make me very angry and hurt if someone came up to me and said they thought I needed to work on losing the weight.

I had a cousin who had to take high doses of steroids for a serious asthma condition, and she packed on 50 pounds, while only eating 1200-1500 calories a day. She was thin before the steroids. So, no -- it is not "guaranteed".

Here is the thing - we don't know anything about this news anchor's personal life, or her personal health. Unless there are lots of videos of her stuffing her face, you just don't know why she is overweight. And even if she is stuffing her face, we don't know why. Is it just because she's a pig, or does she have an emotional problem which led to her addiction of food (much like how alcohol or drug addictions get started). It isn't always as simple as just "quit eating" -- it depends on why you are eating. We just don't know what's going on with her -- and that is one of the things she said.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by JPhish

No it is not. I have a very large family. Women tend to gain weight after childbirth. In the family, we have some overweight and underweight individuals. My second oldest son, is 6 ' 2" tall and weighs 150 lbs on a good day. He can eat anything that moves and often goes for seconds. He cooks up 5 extra baked potatoes and takes extra calories whenever he can. The overweight individuals have health conditions, primarily, to name a few: thyroid, ostero arthritis and NIBBLE.

The faster metabolism individuals eat the most and are the thin ones.

Hollywood thinness is a very poor role model for children.

There is alot of agenda behind most articles concerning weight. This one is so so.

www.abc.net.au...

"So even though an overweight person might eat less and exercise more, losing weight can still be a challenge if, say, they're genetically programmed to use energy more efficiently.

"Similarly, some slim people are lucky enough to possess a set of genes that ensure they stay svelte despite a sedentary lifestyle and so much gastronomic temptation," he says.

"Such genes influence appetite, leading them to eat less and know when they are full, as well as allow for less energy (fat) storage and more energy use.

"It's just the luck of the draw.

"But we should stop beating ourselves up about our weight and instead concentrate on eating healthily and doing regular exercise, and teaching these habits to our children."

answers.yahoo.com...

Here is the real life answers, and most nutritionists and experts just LIE and work for their agenda, to make everyone feel inferior and unable to speak up and change the system, and to make a lot of money for certain industries.

www.buzzle.com...

The super thin, media women are very poor role models to children and cause illness.

What children need to see, is a wide variety of humans in all shapes and sizes in the media, speaking up freely, being empowered, counting too. That is something the bloodlines don't want.

What you just wrote is what we call a red herring ...

What I asserted was ...

IF YOU STOP EATING, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT

Are you seriously denying this?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This story is absolutely disgusting. She should be fired immediately.

A station viewer who PRIVATELY shows his concern for her health and well-being gets Bully'd on a PUBLIC forum for doing so, all so that this news-anchor, yes...she IS an anchor
, can overcome her self-confidence issues, hide behind a label "Bullying" and publicly persecute this person who had the balls to speak up out of concern for her.

edit on 3-10-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't see her meaning, she is a lardo, she should do some push backs ( you know where you push yourself back from the table instead of gouring your fat face) eat less move more works every time, it is scientifically proven to be the cure all diet for fatness.

I saw her being a bully, as he wrote a privvate message, she put it in the public and used her position to attempt to ridicule the guy for saying " hey you know, maybe you should try to be a better example, being on the news everyday and all that." She is a very pathetic person who was intentionally trying to bully someone in public, for somthing that was said in private.

I give her a fail, and a double thumbs down for being both fat and an idiot, for displaying the same behavior she was trying to accuse someone else of.

She is not at all pathetic, but rather inspiring. I am surprised that so many people starred your reply.
This person chose to make an attack and she fought back. So many of our young people have lost their lives because of anorexia and wanting to be thin because that is how they are programmed to be. It is sick.

I say kudos to this fine young woman and anyone like her for standing up to the truth and what is right.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Unpopular Opinion time:

There is a growing "fat acceptance" movement going on in America. .

As she pointed out, it really isn't the business of others to point out the obvious. She is overweight, knows she is overweight, and it is a problem she can deal with. We, as human beings, don't need others pointing out the obvious. When this is done on the internet, it is often the sign of someone who is unhappy with themselves, and by attacking others they make themselves feel better. We know nothing of the person who sent the letter, and in all honesty, they could have been one of the worst people on the planet. That is what makes this email almost laughable.

If it had been done in person, it would be a different story. But, the obvious disdain in the email is obvious. If you attack someone, which is what a random internet email about how fat you are on TV amounts to, then at least have the decency to do it face to face.

If not, then your attack is worth nothing, because the person you are attacking cannot see who you really are, and discuss your assertions to learn more about you and your comments. What if the person was a doctor, or someone suffering from anorexia? Just those two examples give vastly different context to the email.

Lastly, in a truly free society, we are free to be who choose. Those who enjoy food, and who may be overweight are no different than anyone else who enjoys something a little too much. If they wish to do so, and it doesn't hurt others, then I don't really see what is the problem? The real key, is we get to see in this very thread the same kind of people who attacked the news anchor. Those who quote the seven deadly sins, and accuse anyone who backs her as being fat themselves, are just like the person who sent the email. They are too caught up in their own deficiencies, and feel the need to bash others.

And, for the record. I am six foot tall, and one hundred and eighty pounds...for those who are drooling at the mouth in an effort to somehow affix a meaning of my weight to the weight of my words.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join