posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
She is fat, the emailer is right.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerenityAva
reply to post by Brown Bear

Your post is gross and holds no water.

Not as gross (or as disgusting) as the herds of fat women and the low class fat children they raise.

Those rolls of fat indicate serious psychological problems, low self-esteem, and of course the self-hate that caused all the problems in the first place.

These fatties will squeal like pigs when the price of food doubles and they'll probably start eating their children when the twinkies run out (instead of drowning them).

All the politically and socially correct BS won't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse... regardless of how loud they squeal for social engineering.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by boncho

I said I was a smoker and that I emphasized, in other words, I agree with you about the lobbyist.

...just realized that I wrote emphasized when I meant empathized, that's insomnia for you

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

My post was directed toward abusive loudmouths who were ranting on about fat people as you will see by carefully re-reading it.

So then, does this mean you are admitting to being an abusive loudmouth?

(see what I did there)?
Gotta love the weak of mind.
They are always the first ones to bite.

I'll take a fat body over a weak mind anyday.
Thankfully I don't have to worry about either.

edit to add,
I read thru some of your posts I I don't think you fit the description of who my post was directed at. You seem to be separating facts from emotion as well as refraining from name calling. But I may have missed something.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by texasgirl
However, I just saw a photo of this Krause guy and he looks totally fit. I have to say the email was not supposed to be rude, just that he was was concerned, but that it came off as being bullying. I get that he was trying to help and sent her a PRIVATE email (not a public tweet).

There was nothing in that email which showed concern. It was a simple insult.

From my experience, many super fit people HATE the look of overweight people. I'm guessing if he was really concerned with her being a "role model", he would offered constructive suggestions. I can't read his mind but his comments came off as someone who just wanted to express hatred and hurt someone.

People don't change by being insulted. Study after study has shown you don't change behavior by insulting people. If anything this works the opposite.

This guys a lawyer. Lawyers have an ethical duty to the public just as much as a newscaster. What type of example is this guy setting for children?

"Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain."

That tells me he is concerned for her. Doesn't sound like he was expressing hatred to me. He also mentions she has been this size for many years, which ties into the 'most dangerous habits to maintain' comment. The longer you are overweight adds to more risk of addtional diseases.

I guess you could class me as 'super fit' and, no, I don't hate the look of overweight people. As I said in one of my first posts I have many overweight friends that I love to death. And as for being super fit I would rather be this way because it feels amazing. I would rather feel this way than feel the way my friends do, which is always sick.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

No, I realized you were setting me up

I can still respond, knowing that some in this thread would see me as an abusive asshole, but not agree with it myself.

Ya dig?

To be fair, this is what you said:

Originally posted by Screwed
I would just LOVE to see photos of the people who are mouthing off about fat people

So...you're lying.

BTW, you're a douche bag.

reply to post by moniesisfun

edit to add,
I read thru some of your posts I I don't think you fit the description of who my post was directed at. You seem to be separating facts from emotion as well as refraining from name calling. But I may have missed something.

What can I say, I'm hyper-critical of myself. I say things that I feel/think must be said, but often feel terrible after the fact.Also, I did call megamind a jerk.
edit on 5-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

To be fair, this is what you said:

I would just LOVE to see photos of the people who are mouthing off about fat people

Yeah, I also said this

you'll need to have a news paper or even a small sign with todays date and it should also say
"Screwed is a douchebag" on it.
( what, did you honestly think I was gonna let you get away with posting a pic of one of your skinny friends)?

but so seemed to have missed that in your hurry to post a pic of some random dude wallering in squlor in his random pigstye of an apartment.

Either way, you are at the lower end of the abusive A-holes that I was calling out. At least you had the balls to post a pic, random guy or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dude, do you think I should just follow your command...just cause?

I read your whole post, and decided to do it my way.

I'm pretty confident in my cognitive abilities, so don't have to prove to you that I'm not "weak minded".

You're just trying to find fault with me to feel better about yourself.

I'll give you a few so you can smile:

my farts reek, I suck at pretty much anything language related...misspelling, miswording, sentence structure...and I probably have half the lean body mass you have! You could break me like a twig!
edit on 5-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Not as gross (or as disgusting) as the herds of fat women and the low class fat children they raise.

Those rolls of fat indicate serious psychological problems, low self-esteem, and of course the self-hate that caused all the problems in the first place.

These fatties will squeal like pigs when the price of food doubles and they'll probably start eating their children when the twinkies run out (instead of drowning them).

All the politically and socially correct BS won't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse... regardless of how loud they squeal for social engineering.

Guess that list would include many Kings and Queens and presidents like Taft.

I challenge you to get ahold of a family album for your family and take a good look! i will bet you those gross disgusting fat people helped produce your family line also!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

‘I’m in no position to bully her’: Man who shamed 'fat' news anchor finally apologizes (and admits he was obese as a child)

'I'm in no position to bully her,' Kenneth Krause told ABC News. 'She's a big media personality; I'm just a working stiff.

Update- Source

Perhaps he was deeply insecure instead of really trying to help her...
Perhaps she blew it out of proportion...but meant it bothered her more because of the added role model comment.

Also, she admits to trying to help herself, she knows of her weight problem. That speaks for more than the "hordes of gluttonous people" some members have compared her to.
edit on 6-10-2012 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I challenge you to get ahold of a family album for your family and take a good look! i will bet you those gross disgusting fat people helped produce your family line also!

And then you'd be wrong in that as you are with most other thoughts as well.

You see, many of us come from a time when parents actually loved their children enough to make sure they were raised properly.

Had myself or my siblings gained an extra pound my father would have worked it off and my mother would put the kid on half rations until it was gone... and if that meant starving then that was exactly what would have happened.

In addition, I'm sure my grandparents would have boxed our ears if we were too stupid or hardheaded to get the message about self esteem and personal responsibility. You see, fat is not the only problem specific to the obese personality.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add content

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sure, the email must be hurtful to read, but...an attack? the email almost sounded like a concerned viewer looking out for her, she is overweight and it can be dangerous. I feel she took it too personally...it hit close to home.
Sure he might not be a friend or family or whatnot, but it's not like he said "you fat cow be ashamed!"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
Little hands surrounded by fat. Makes me think of a balloon. Sorry, no sympathy here. If you are fat you are in the way.

In the way of what? My favorite Aunt who has has passed away was the most amazing woman I have ever known. She was huge. Her weight didn't get in the way of her being a sweet, loving, compassionate, wise and fascinating individual.

To place yourself above others is arrogant and cold. To diminish an overweight persons worth is inexcusable and unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

And then you'd be wrong in that as you are with most other thoughts as well.

You see, many of us come from a time when parents actually loved their children enough to make sure they were raised properly.

Had myself or my siblings gained an extra pound my father would have worked it off and my mother would put the kid on half rations until it was gone... and if that meant starving then that was exactly what would have happened.

In addition, I'm sure my grandparents would have boxed our ears if we were too stupid or hardheaded to get the message about self esteem and personal responsibility. You see, fat is not the only problem specific to the obese personality.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add content

yeah well i would rather have a fat grandma anyday like mine was then one that "boxes ears" because she feels you don't get the message to not eat.
And as far as whos wrong that is all in opinions. In mine you are wrong and I am totally right!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexoscarew
She is fat, the emailer is right.

You do realize no one on either side said the woman was not heavy? She acknowledged that.

Some people need to start cultivating the inside a little more instead of worrying so much about the outside of others.

Life is very short is it really appropriate to spend our small amout of years worrying about someones (ours or others) form and cloths and hair and makeup?

Surely people should realize if they are here for a reason this would not be it!
If we are not it is still a waste of your short time.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hellbjorn012

I could not agree more ... the letter was not rude, was not offensive in my opinion and made a valid point. Like everyone it is up to them what they do... the size they are etc ... sure... but a valid point was made and cant be overlooked ... she is overweight, this does set an example of it being an acceptable thing to achieve to masses of younger people who watch her broadcast as much as it is when they leave the front door and see their overweight neighbour or person at the chechout etc .. it is everyones responsibility to maintain themselves so it does not set an example that this is a good way to be and is passed on and passed on and passed on .. lets call it what it is .. it isnt healthy and excluding those that have health related problems this is not good for anyone .... the consequences of overeating are not healthy and perhaps people should understand we all have an example to set in a hope it is followed by the younger generation. I used to over eat and IMO over eating is just an addiction and can be beaten very simply if you try.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join