It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really in mcDonalds beef? Anyone ever got an answer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarist
reply to post by hbarker

I remember back when i was a 16i and worked in McDonalds, and saw these blue crystals in the uncooked meat. ask what they where several times and was finally told they were flavor enhancement crystals. still don't know what they really where.

I finally got fired cause someone dropped a whole tray of burgers on the floor on the way to the prep station and i saw it, complained and wouldn't serve them.

Why would you be moving burgers to a prep station? McDonalds has strict food handling policies ... I doubt this is factual.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You can't compare food sitting in a jar to food sitting in your stomach. Your saliva and stomach acids are very powerful stuff..Is fast food f'in gross? You betcha, but this video can not be compared to how food breaks down in your gut in anyway, shape, or form.

I'm not sure what you mean when your post on the following page seems to confirm the point my video makes. It's from Super-Size Me, the documentary, and really seemed to make the point well.

It wouldn't be that the food behaves in that way in the stomach of course, but the comparison to untreated, un-processed foods that didn't get "developed" into a product designed to have a super-long shelf life. I hate to admit it, but as a trucker largely being in the same truck for a year or two at a time..I came across a french fry or other thing myself with unknown date to an extreme but just about the same as it probably had been in the fry bin. Scary when one thinks about it...

You know what really did it the most for me though? It was listening to a Marine discuss the difference in making a P.T. run between a good breakfast and one with fast food garbage and 4 digit calories. With a good meal, the run was no problem and natural at that level of fitness. After a big bunch of fast food instead, it was fighting lethargy and the desire to just quit and pick it up later. It was the source and dramatic impact on someone with that fitness I'll never forget.

"The documentary". It was a smear campaign against the company. I worked for Mcdonalds for 4 years, I ate McDonalds every day for every meal, since it was free, and I have absolutely no health issues. I'm 6'2 at 180lbs ... not overweight by any stretch. My 4 years to his what...3 months? Proves him wrong. Only the gullible and blind bought into that "movie".
edit on 30-9-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

When my uncle was a beef rancher in the later 70's he told me that McDonalds has first option to buy beef eyeballs from the slaughterhouse. If they are throwing in eyeballs I wonder what other parts they are using and still able to call it 100% beef. .

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They switched over to using soy products in the beef to be more healthy but with the gmos it is even worse. My childs friend whos mom has been a manager there for 19 years just told me that, of course he is not aware of the gmos...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Cause you take them off the grill and move them do you think they prep them on a grill

In NYC during a Lunch or other rush many burgers are cooked at the same time and moved to a prep station where they go on buns and the fixings are put on , have you ever been in a McDonalds before .
Its very actual.

Your are very ill informed.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Why would you be moving burgers to a prep station? McDonalds has strict food handling policies ... I doubt this is factual

My daughter's first job was at Burger King...it's factual. She told me of the many atrocities at her job, such as how long the burgers sit under the heat lamps until they're served...it's called "mass production." She also told me the color of the meat served has a "greenish hue" to it...probably sittinng too long. She tried very hard NOT to serve these "colorful" burgers..."especially when there were cute little kids getting them." However, that was hard to do because she was always watched. Bottomline...Wasted food= wasted $$$!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I worked for a meat processing plant years ago. One of our USDA meat inspectors was an inspector at MCD for several years.

He said their processing/packing plant was the cleanest/sterile most technology advanced automative plant he had ever seen or worked at.

Their beef is 100% beef. It can not say 100% beef unless it is actually 100% beef.

Their policy is to try to buy local. They try to use locally grown fresh potatoes for their fries. (lettuce, tomato, etc)

What they put in their bread however is a different story. There are chemicals put in the dough that keep it fresh - - even keeps it soft if you microwave it.

Their buns taste like cake to me. They use a lot of sugar and salt. They sprinkle their fries with sugar water before frying.

IF I go to MCD - - usually because of Playland - - I buy a plain hamburger and throw the bun away.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Why do so many people lie about mcdonalds to make them look bad when mcdonalds does a fine job of making themselves look bad?

Really, worms? Do you know what a pound of worms costs? A hell of a lot more than a pound of beef!

I could probably get rich standing next to this thread selling grains of salt to take this thread with.

And i see people here talking about preservatives in the buns. I wonder if thats true. Could be in some places. The mcdonaldses in my region have fresh buns delivered by a bakery in chicago, East Balt.
now this was ten years ago but my dad worked for this bakery delivering the buns. Those buns were very good and very fresh, and lots and lots were taken home. And they got dried out and eventually moldy just like any other bread. We freezed them for weeks and they were still great when we thawed them out. We fed them to ducks, birds, woodchucks, ......

If i remember right thosw buns were never more than a day or two old at mcdonalds. English muffins were frozen though. Supposedly other mcdonaldses get their buns frozen.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well here's one article about what they put in their meat:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
my guess is that it is made of mostly soy beans and fat, with a generous dose of artificial coloring and preservatives thrown in.
I remembering reading that they don`t use american beef most of the beef they use comes from south america.

Well if you wanted to get into it with legality. technically that 'beef' still does come from 'america' just the south america hahaha

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

By the way the sugar makes those fries turn the color they do. Theyd look disgustingly white if not sprinkled in sugar water.

Potatoes freak me out. I have a sweet potatoe thats beeen on top of my fridge for a full year. A quite impressive potatoe plant sprouted out of it, but no signs of mold or anything. Itd probably taste good even. Potato plants are poisonous by the way, only the potato itself is edible

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What exactly is Pink Slime? Has anyone bothered to research the facts on what it is?

When I worked in the meat processing plant - - there was a product called: "defatted beef fatty tissue". Sounds gross doesn't it.

Someone invented a way to get protein out of discarded fat - - to increase the protein value in beef.

What they do is put the discarded fat into a rotating cylinder - - - it spins the fat and extracts a pure protein by-product which is added to the beef. This is still 100% beef.

Just because Pink Slime sounds "icky" doesn't mean it is. Are people just being hysterical to be hysterical because they don't understand something?

thestir.cafemom.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Why do so many people lie about mcdonalds to make them look bad when mcdonalds does a fine job of making themselves look bad?

Really, worms? Do you know what a pound of worms costs? A hell of a lot more than a pound of beef!

I could probably get rich standing next to this thread selling grains of salt to take this thread with.

And i see people here talking about preservatives in the buns. I wonder if thats true. Could be in some places. The mcdonaldses in my region have fresh buns delivered by a bakery in chicago, East Balt.
now this was ten years ago but my dad worked for this bakery delivering the buns. Those buns were very good and very fresh, and lots and lots were taken home. And they got dried out and eventually moldy just like any other bread. We freezed them for weeks and they were still great when we thawed them out. We fed them to ducks, birds, woodchucks, ......

If i remember right thosw buns were never more than a day or two old at mcdonalds. English muffins were frozen though. Supposedly other mcdonaldses get their buns frozen.

This. So much slandering. It's a fast food company, of course it has it's faults, just like any other fast food company, and even certain restaurants.When I worked at McDonalds, I ate McDonalds nearly every other day for lunch. How many people do you know, that you do not read about, eat fast food and suffer some kind of incurable mental illness, or have some kind of fungus growing inside their chest? I don't. Only people I've heard about on the news. Now, don't get me wrong, I know the news does their job right when it comes to this kind of stuff, but just because you hear it on the news doesn't make it a common occurrence.

McDonald's beef poses nearly the same amount of health problems as a Rotisserie chicken from Publix, or food from buffets, that sit under heat lamps for nearly the entire day, until the tray gets cleared. I'm happy I don't eat the beef as much anymore -- maybe 1 or 2 bacon hamburgers a month. I eat the chicken sandwiches, I know their bad, but at least I know how it's made and where they get it from.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Makers of pink slime have sued ABC for slander after they exposed 'pink slime'. (Beef company sues ABC for "pink slime" defamation. Even the governors of South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska got in on trying to revive the 'pink slime' industry. Last I heard pink slime was back into fast food production, although not sure about McD's.

PS: another study has shown 70% of beef products sold in supermarkets also contain pink slime. Let's face it: 320+ million mouths to feed in this country alone, it's inevitable we will be eating lower grades of food stuffs as populations swell. (Pink slime: don’t buy supermarket ground beef without reading this

Pink slime is beef parts treated with ammonium hydroxide to kill bacteria. Those 'beef parts' also include less-than-delectable parts such as tendons, ligaments, and cartilage, or as they call it, "insoluble proteins" - versus regular beef products made from "soluble proteins" (myosin and actin, which is muscle tissues). They also call the 'insoluble proteins' "low fat fillers", and it's not the part of the cow you would ever want to eat, short of starving to death. Technically, it's still "100% beef", but only because industry standards aren't what they used to be, and "insoluble proteins" laced with ammonium hydroxide (aka "pink slime") does not a good burger patty make.

Scientific American - Pink Slime, Deconstructed

You want another eye-opener:
BPI and Pink Slime: An Updated Timeline

The article goes into the history of 'pink slime' straight from the manufacturer's mouth.

In the Spring of 2012, a beef product called "Lean Finely Textured Beef," an ingredient in an estimated 70 percent of America's ground beef, came under fire because the meat -- which is pulled from a cow carcass after the main cuts of beef have been removed and separated from bones and tissue in a heated centrifuge -- was purportedly more likely to carry foodborne pathogens, despite being treated with ammonia (another fact that earned criticism of the product).

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

That misses the point.

This "food" lasts too long to be considered actual food.

It's a mass of chemicals and soybean paste engineered to last a long period of time.

I wonder, have our digestive systems have evolved or at least found a way to compensate for all of these chemicals we stuff into ourselves?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's still not right to use pink slime because as someone else pointed out, you have to think about CJD (aka "Mad Cow disease").

I just don't place much trust in the corporations that operate these slaughterhouses. Do you really think they would say something if the cows they used were infected with mad cow?
edit on 30-9-2012 by VaterOrlaag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Just because YOU are perfect, doesn't mean that others are.

The majority of sheep that consume McDonald's are overweight and likely poorly-educated.

Sure, there's you and Morgan Spurlock himself but the truth is, you're both in the minority of "fit" fast food eaters.

I've found that you can eat whatever the hell you want. If you aren't active enough, it will just sit on your frame. Also, if you're overweight, get your thyroid checked out if you haven't already. It's not always the cause but my doctor found a hormonal imbalance and I take meds to correct it while watching what I eat, etc to keep my weight level/lose more.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When I see the McDonalds logo, I think of yellow grease and red blood.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Annee

It's still not right to use pink slime because as someone else pointed out, you have to think about CJD (aka "Mad Cow disease").

I just don't place much trust in the corporations that operate these slaughterhouses. Do you really think they would say something if the cows they used were infected with mad cow?

Well - - I'm not necessarily supporting it or fast foods. Just that the majority of humans seem to love drama/hysterics - - and could care less about facts.

Percentage wise - - I think the USA does a pretty good job of food inspection/control. Of course - - if you are the small percentage affected - - that doesn't really console anyone.

I'm from an agricultural area - and friends with someone who works with field worker insurance and lobbies for better conditions. She was instrumental in making it law that portable toilet's are on every site - - - including wash stations and special anti-bacterial soap. That is not about beef - - but does show that raw food in the USA is taken seriously.

There is not enough inspectors or funding.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I worked in a meat packing plant over 10 years ago and we would routinely get in packages of rotten meat, mainly pork ribs.

I have no idea why/how it came to be rotten but we were instructed to render it inedible. The stench and the sight of raw ribs are what turned me off to eating that type of meat.

My point being, you should never trust those who control the nation's food supply.

When the goal is profit, anything goes!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join