It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really in mcDonalds beef? Anyone ever got an answer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance.

"In the United States, the USDA operates a voluntary beef grading program. The meat processor pays for the presence of a highly trained USDA meat grader at the abattoir who grades the whole carcass prior to fabrication. The carcass grade is stamped on each primal cut (six stamps) and applied with roller stamp to each side as well. Traces of the USDA grading stamp are sometimes visible on boxed primal cuts. The grades are based on two main criteria, the degree of marbling (intramuscular fat) in the beef rib eye and the age of the animal prior to slaughter. Some meat scientists object to the current scheme of USDA grading since it does not take tenderness into account. Most other countries' beef grading systems mirror the US model.
Most beef offered for sale in supermarkets is graded choice or select.
Prime beef is sold to hotels and upscale restaurants.
Beef that would rate as Standard or leaner is almost never offered for grading-
Prime — highest in intramuscular fat.
Currently, only three percent of the steaks sold are USDA certified Prime.
Choice Select — the leanest grade commonly sold
Standard
Commercial
Utility
Cutter
Canner"

Source

Two lesser grades are Cutter and Canner which is what you would typically find in frozen pot pie dinners, microwave burritos, hamburgers and other processed food products.

Source

www.beefresearch.org...

With this ^ pay close attention to the maturity of the beef in relation to how it's graded. It's 100% Beef, but it's the lowest grade allowed by law. Hence all the fillers. Old beef is obviously not going to keep as long as newer beef. As to what they ( McDonald's) use for their fillers, good luck finding out. My guess is that they use the excess fat from higher quality cattle.

No, McDonalds isn't lying to the public about what they do. They just know more about the process of how this all works, they know the letter of law in order to cut as many corners as they can legally to fatten their bottom line, and they manipulate what they tell you so you don't get a clear picture of what's going on.

It's as if you have to be an English major to figure all that Sh** out.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
i apologize for not contributing to the topic but i just wanted to say that i fought my conscious to even open this thread on the account that i quite often get cravings for their Big Mac so i eat them a few times every 2 week or so and now that i've read a lot of the posts i'm not really sure i care to eat them anymore, at least for a while till my cravings talk to my brain and work out a deal to block out any memory of everything i've read in here haha ignorance isn't bliss it's detrimental to your health haha

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe there are addictive additives in McDonald's cheeseburgers. No real evidence to back that, just a thought.
I tend to go on binges with McDonald's, because I know how awful it is for you. However, when the urge is too strong I tend to cave in and get a McDouble. Then, miraculously I tend to eat McDoubles the whole week until I feel so awful I vow to never go back there haha.

Down with McDoubles!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Beef. Doesn’t mean that it’s actual meat like steak. It’s probably the leftovers after all of the good cuts have been taken from the cow. As if they’d sacrifice the rump for McDonalds patties. Leftover beef offal packed full of salt, preservatives and colouring. The patties probably sit around in a giant freezer for years after they’ve been through the meat processor. Just stay away from it. It’s not worth the money, time nor health implications. It’s utter poison and you probably shouldn’t have it any more than once every two or three months.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I thought it was the cows that the amazon was being cut down to allow grazing room for?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
Ive searched the web , And read all kinds of ,, well crap.
but my question remains, What in in that so called 100% all American beef they serve?

It very likely does not even all come from America at all.

It may be one of the most suppressed truths out there>?

Only way they can call it that legally is to own a company Called "100% Beef"

I heard it was two "E"'s and an "A", thats eyeholes, earholes, and mechanically recovered a**holes that makes up the typical burger.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Anybody ever bought McDonalds and threw it on the ground to see what happens?

Appears there's many videos and stories saying it doesn't decompose...or takes a REALLY long time to decompose. Ants won't eat it.

To the person pointing out lawsuits, there was a lawsuit over their chicken nuggets and I remember the Judge called them franken-nuggets due to all the crap in them besides chicken.

We're all better off not eating Corporate Food. They're on a WAR to keep humans from making their own food.....fight for your life. Grow your own food.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ever known anyone that is an ex Mcdonalds Employee?
Think about it, ?
highest turnover rate in the nation, perhaps , the employees are the beef?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I'm a nurse of 14 years, my first year as an OB nurse I met a couple in room 310 to be exact and was told
the beef was primarily ground up meal worms! He happen to be privie to the info due to signing a disclosure agreement after an allergic reaction.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jojomomto3

I don't believe that, more made up BS.
Even if they were made with McMealworms™, it would be packed with McProtein™.

I read this whole thread and I will still eat McStuff™.
When I was a kid the rumour was their patties were made with McStray™ cats.
Like someone else here said, McDonalds and other fast food restaurants have standards that well exceed what is required of them, from the food to the restaurant cleanliness. IMO, nothing to worry about, just remember it's a treat, not your 'daIly bread'.
I am a BK™ man anyway and I love whopper Wednesdays!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Why would you be moving burgers to a prep station? McDonalds has strict food handling policies ... I doubt this is factual

My daughter's first job was at Burger King...it's factual. She told me of the many atrocities at her job, such as how long the burgers sit under the heat lamps until they're served...it's called "mass production." She also told me the color of the meat served has a "greenish hue" to it...probably sittinng too long. She tried very hard NOT to serve these "colorful" burgers..."especially when there were cute little kids getting them." However, that was hard to do because she was always watched. Bottomline...Wasted food= wasted $$$!

Go read McDonalds or Burger King standards from head office. There are set times for wasting product, and par levels to have product at so its not wasted. We always blame the company, but its really our sons, daughters, and ourselves, that dont follow company policy and standards, and let that product sit in a HVAC for far too long. It's us, not the company.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarist
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Cause you take them off the grill and move them do you think they prep them on a grill

In NYC during a Lunch or other rush many burgers are cooked at the same time and moved to a prep station where they go on buns and the fixings are put on , have you ever been in a McDonalds before .
Its very actual.

Your are very ill informed.

A prep station is a station you make prep at. You're thinking of the line. You need to brush up on your terminology. Also, I've never seen blue crystals in McDonalds meat. I also can't find any reference to it online other than your post. I've also worked for McDonalds for several years, on the floor, and in corporate office. To my knowledge, there are no blue "flavor enhancing" crystals you speak of, and there never have been.

It was probably the salt and pepper seasoning that has confused you.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jojomomto3
reply to post by Unity_99

I'm a nurse of 14 years, my first year as an OB nurse I met a couple in room 310 to be exact and was told
the beef was primarily ground up meal worms! He happen to be privie to the info due to signing a disclosure agreement after an allergic reaction.

This is the most ridiculous one yet. Fantastic.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by hbarker

I remember back when i was a 16i and worked in McDonalds, and saw these blue crystals in the uncooked meat. ask what they where several times and was finally told they were flavor enhancement crystals. still don't know what they really where.

I see that in meat once in awhile, when I was a kid my Mom told me that it was grading ink.

Inspection stamps, Grade 'A' beef etc, the ink is usually blue, or green.
I started the search for you, blue ink.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

reply to post by hbarker

I remember back when i was a 16i and worked in McDonalds, and saw these blue crystals in the uncooked meat. ask what they where several times and was finally told they were flavor enhancement crystals. still don't know what they really where.

I see that in meat once in awhile, when I was a kid my Mom told me that it was grading ink.

Inspection stamps, Grade 'A' beef etc, the ink is usually blue, or green.
I started the search for you, blue ink.

That sounds correct, as if I've seen that occurence before, but forgive me if I still think they are putrid!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
wounder what a Lab analysis of a burger patty cost?
Our local lab I know from experience charges 10.00 per element on the periodic chart..for minerals and metals,.
But for a burger? What are we looking for..?

What type of lab would one even look for?..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Don't know, but if you buy me one I will give you an analysis of how good it tasted.
And then we can do a gas chromatography.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

I used to walk across the street to McDonalds to sample their double cheeseburgers.

That is, until I got sick one day from eating one.

The meat was gray.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by JaqueFresco

I used to walk across the street to McDonalds to sample their double cheeseburgers.

That is, until I got sick one day from eating one.

The meat was gray.

Yeah - - but stuff like that happens even in the best of restaurants.

The beef is still 100% beef. Mishandling is something else.

Are McDonald's franchised?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh lord....

Worms, kangaroo, really?

If you use your brains, it becomes immediately obvious why it cannot be worms or kangaroo.

What is macdonalds in the business of? Selling burgers? NO they are in the business of making a PROFIT for their shareholders. Selling burgers is just the way in which they chose to do so; and once you accept that, it becomes obvious that the ingredients cannot be ridiculous items like worms or kangaroo.

Why?

Because they will cost MORE to source and process than just buying the lowest grade of mechanically separated beef.

Therefore the obvious answer is beef (lowest grade legally possible), binding agents (probably fats), and possibly but unlikely (due to them claiming to be 100% beef) some form of cereal based iller, perservatives, and flavour enhancers.

Thats the cheapest way they can do it. It really is. Adding "exotic" ingredients will actually cost them more.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join