It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really in mcDonalds beef? Anyone ever got an answer?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Annee

Then why do you care so much then about McDonalds?\

I don't.

I care about fact.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I worked for a contractor of Mcdonalds in the 90's (Otto & Sons) who processed and made the beef patties. All of the meat came in plastic lined cardboard boxes about 4' tall and 4' wide kind of octagon shaped (fit nicely on a pallet) each one weighing around 1500-2000 lbs. All of the meat was cut into pieces in the box. I was told they were left over from the other cuts ie. steak and roast and such. We had to test every truck with 5 random tubs and basically drill a core sample from them and send it to QC to test for e coli and bacteria, the truck wouldnt be unloaded until it passed. If the samples failed they were loaded back on the truck and shipped back.

The only weird thing I saw was a huge cow tongue, and that didnt make it into the grinder. Never was there spinal cords, or brain. You have to realize everyone was a regular person working there and would never let that weird stuff enter the grinder our kids eat that stuff, along with everyone else.

I watched the meat get dumped into the top of the grinder and come out the bottom as ground beef, it would then go into the patty former and freeze tunnel, then it would go down a conveyor that also had a metal detector. If metal was detected the whole line would get dumped. Now bones could get in it and if you have ever had something hard in your meat it was more than likely a fragment of a bone.

Once a month we could purchase the frozen patties, and ill tell you they tasted nothing like a burger from Mc d's because we would grill them over a flame or charcoal, and we didnt put the season all Mc D's uses on them either. So you can say what you want, but I know the truth.

PS I never feel very good after I eat McD's so it must be the MSG season all they put on the meat, not sure.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lugnuts
I worked for a contractor of Mcdonalds in the 90's (Otto & Sons) who processed and made the beef patties. All of the meat came in plastic lined cardboard boxes about 4' tall and 4' wide kind of octagon shaped (fit nicely on a pallet) each one weighing around 1500-2000 lbs. All of the meat was cut into pieces in the box. I was told they were left over from the other cuts ie. steak and roast and such. We had to test every truck with 5 random tubs and basically drill a core sample from them and send it to QC to test for e coli and bacteria, the truck wouldnt be unloaded until it passed. If the samples failed they were loaded back on the truck and shipped back.

Same thing when I worked at the meat processing plant.

. . . also had a metal detector. If metal was detected the whole line would get dumped.

Our meat was put through a metal detector before any processing. A lot of the frozen meat came from Australia. Apparently they were "free range" and ate anything and everything laying in the grass. You should have seen some of the stuff pulled out before it cleared the metal detector. Man! Those cows will eat anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Doesn't change the fact of truth. MCD is 100% beef - - - no matter what ridiculous paranoia crap lies are propagandized.

The primary issue of concern is that when a product is grossly altered enough through fillers, preservatives, hormones, antibiotics and other chemical additives such as ammonium hydroxide, then it can no longer be classed as a 'real food', but rather a toxic transformation into an edible by product of 'food' for public consumption. This is why the 'end product' does not break down as 'normal' food should. They also are not a GM free food retailer which is another major concern.

Two former scientists with the U.S. Department of Agriculture who reviewed the product advised against using it in ground beef and told ABC News that it was not the same as ground beef. “It’s not fresh ground beef. It’s a cheap substitute being added in,” microbiologist Gerald Zirnstein said.

abcnews.go.com...

I agree that this particular article may not apply to all McDonalds outlets across all nations, although based on their history I do not place much faith in their level of food trade ethics whatsoever.
edit on 3-10-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight

The primary issue of concern is that when a product is grossly altered enough through fillers, . . .

What fillers?

100% beef does not have fillers.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The additive mentioned in the article was used as the filler.

What exactly is the 'pink slime'? The term was coined by Oliver to describe a mix of "beef trimmings washed in ammonium hydroxide to kill bacteria," says Loren Steffy at the Houston Chronicle. It has been used as a filler in McDonald's burger patties in the U.S. Oliver, a vocal critic of the United States' and Britain's fast food practices, asserts that "fatty trimmings would typically be used for dog food but instead are being recycled for humans."

theweek.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The additive mentioned in the article was used as the filler.

What exactly is the 'pink slime'? The term was coined by Oliver to describe a mix of "beef trimmings washed in ammonium hydroxide to kill bacteria," says Loren Steffy at the Houston Chronicle. It has been used as a filler in McDonald's burger patties in the U.S. Oliver, a vocal critic of the United States' and Britain's fast food practices, asserts that "fatty trimmings would typically be used for dog food but instead are being recycled for humans."

theweek.com...

I already posted an article on Pink Slime.

What do you think Pink Slime is?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

On account on the additives within, it can not be classed as just 'ground beef' that is for certain. It is indeed misleading, but then again that's what the 'big chains' are often famous for, just like their 'healthy choice' menu options.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I try to eat out as few times as possible, but when I do eat fast food, I am always amazed by the sheer amount of salt that some places use on their hamburgers. Maybe I just notice it more, as I rarely use salt when I cook at home, but it just seems like way too much, and makes the food taste horrible. I am guessing it is only really added mainly as a preservative? Or, maybe people do love tons of salt, I do not really know.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

On account on the additives within, it can not be classed as just 'ground beef' that is for certain. It is indeed misleading, but then again that's what the 'big chains' are often famous for, just like their 'healthy choice' menu options.

Who said "ground beef"?

100% beef. No mention of ground beef.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If I edit my statement to "100 per cent beef" from "ground beef", it does not change the context of the original argument, nor the fact that your statement that there were no fillers used in the product was untrue.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I never once saw "filler" go into the beef as it entered the grinder. All the beef was fresh, not frozen at least not until it was a patty.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
As a matter of fact you can tour the facility here in West Jordan, UT 4980 W 9470 S. Want there phone number? (801) 280-0166

edit on 3-10-2012 by lugnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

If I edit my statement to "100 per cent beef" from "ground beef", it does not change the context of the original argument, nor the fact that your statement that there were no fillers used in the product was untrue.

You can not state 100% beef - - if it isn't.

There are no fillers.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lugnuts
I never once saw "filler" go into the beef as it entered the grinder. All the beef was fresh, not frozen at least not until it was a patty.

Right. My USDA inspector worked at a MCD plant for a few years. He told me MCD tried to use only local fresh product. Their meat is fresh from local producers (unless it is not possible). Their potatoes are fresh from local producers - - etc.

He said MCD was the most modern and cleanest place he ever worked.

I can't say how the 100% beef patties are handled after they become patties. But - - that has nothing to do with the original product.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You can not state 100% beef - - if it isn't. There are no fillers.

The supporting evidence provided states outright that fillers were used. Did you even read the article?

What's next? McDonald's says it stopped using the filler last August, and two other chains, Burger King and Taco Bell, have also "bowed to pressure and removed ammonium-hydroxide-processed ingredients from their products," says the Daily Mail. And thank goodness, says Casey Chan at Gizmodo — the stuff is "vomit inducing."

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Burgers. Cheap cuts (flank, head etc)
Sausages. Cheap cuts ( Belly, head etc)

Absolutely nothing wrong with either. I'd worry more about what's in your late night kebab....And man, they taste great.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My mom used to tell me and my sister that the meat was made from kangaroos, so I had a fun time telling my friends I was eating like an Australian.

Sorry to offend any Aussies out there.

The funny thing is that my sister is now a shill for the company.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's not hard to figure out what is in their food. In fact I can inform anyone right now....get ready for it....

Nasty crap!

There it is! Their food taste nothing like what is advertised anyway, only fools would eat there and think "Boy! This is a great burger!"

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
It's not hard to figure out what is in their food. In fact I can inform anyone right now....get ready for it....

Nasty crap!

There it is! Their food taste nothing like what is advertised anyway, only fools would eat there and think "Boy! This is a great burger!"

Kinda like chocolate syrup thats just black corn syrup?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join