It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Satan. Hear me out. Not that you should believe me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Good post, ego indeed.
Our egos hold us back, make us weak.
Blind us from truth and shadow wisdom.
A man acting on anger isn't a man but an animal, Satan is the fall guy for many of these animals.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
Ok, I have some questions regarding Satan and how he came to be. First of all, it is important to note that Satan, Lucifer, any and all demons wre created by God. God is all knowing and beyond the limits of time, Therefore he knew at the time of creating them, and much before if there can be a before as far as God is concerned, that they would turn against Him and turn mankind towards sin. He created them anyway, allowing and by that way creating evil in this world. Unless he didn't know and is not all knowing and it was all a surprise to Him. Which is the most likely scenario? I am not trying to sound like a troll here, I honestly want to hear your opinion as to how this evil was created and turned loose in the universe.

God knew that if given the choice that they could turn against him and that some probably would. As long as God did not choose to look into the future then the choice to remain loyal or to rebel was theirs to make and not predetermined.

God could exercise restraint and not exercise His omnipotence.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh, and you are all Satan too. But together, we are God.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude

Good post, ego indeed.
Our egos hold us back, make us weak.
Blind us from truth and shadow wisdom.
A man acting on anger isn't a man but an animal, Satan is the fall guy for many of these animals.

Satan is within these animals. The animals are Satan. They're not evil, really. They're just underdeveloped and have a lot of learning to do. Satanism is really just immaturity. Beings become more selfless with time.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's a riot to watch so many replies completely miss and subsequently verify your point.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They're not evil

Earthly is a better word to describe them.

Beings become more selfless with time.

Only in a perfect world my friend.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Only in a perfect world my friend.

Perfection is only a reflection of yourself, my friend. If you deem yourself to be perfect, then you're getting everything you want from yourself. If you deem the world to be perfect, it is giving you everything you want.

So, theoretically, calling the world imperfect is like calling yourself greedy, because you want more than it has to offer.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So, theoretically, calling the world imperfect is like calling yourself greedy, because you want more than it has to offer.

Indeed.
It is a terrifying thought to ponder what the world would be without evil.
Thank god it exists or we would have no way of knowing what is good.
edit on 27-9-2012 by thatonedude because: hydromorphone

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Your preachiness, although well intended, is incredibly annoying.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude

Indeed.
It is a terrifying thought to ponder what the world would be without evil.
Thank god it exists or we would have no way of knowing what is good.

That is about the most inane argument in the history of man, and we keep seeing it put forward time and time again.

Good is good for goodness sake, it's not justified by evil don't be absurd. We all know goodness and quality when we see or experience it, not because of evil, but because we know the good for itself.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Good is good for goodness sake, it's not justified by evil don't be absurd. We all know goodness and quality when we see or experience it, not because of evil, but because we know the good for itself.

If you don't know evil, then how can you know good when you see it? Good is the flame in the shadow. Without the flame, you cannot tell the shadow for what it is. White defines black, black defines white. Inane argument? Hardly. Basic philosophy tells you this.

Evil can feel just like good, due to the reptilian sector of the brain. The reptilian cortex. Now, how exactly should we know good if we are not familiar with evil? What if someone has lived with evil all their life and then sees good? They would view it the same way we view evil. The two are nothing but perspectives, but the two are required to understand each other.
edit on 27-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Good is good for goodness sake, it's not justified by evil don't be absurd.

Absurd?
Try realistic.
What makes you think evil needs justification?

we know the good for itself.

This is not true.
Without the comparison there would be no "good".
There must be darkness to see light.

We all know goodness and quality when we see or experience it,

Pol Pot interpreted his actions to be good but the rest of the world saw things a bit differently.
Without a basic understanding of what one interprets as evil you cannot understand their definition of good.

edit on 27-9-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hidden Hand was more convincing than this.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
We should get the OP and the other member calling himself god to join the Debate forum and have at it....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'll join in on that one. After all, if someone can claim that a higher power exists, then we can claim that every participant in this forum is an extension of that higher power. The only questionable aspect is: to what degree?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Hidden Hand was more convincing than this.

Hidden hand is a mortal being regardless of his true identity or agenda.
He went to various forums claiming to be Illuminati, he needed to be convincing.
OP is stating an observation and relating it to a religious entity through his understanding of human nature.
He does not need to be convincing.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

ATS has some great debates in the forum on many topics.

I'm a big fan.

If you havent read one yet you're in for a treat.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Your preachiness, although well intended, is incredibly annoying.

Yet you found the will to click on his thread and type an off topic opinion about it?
Spare us your insults and try contributing to the discussion.
edit on 27-9-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In relation to the topic, I have a great many things to relate to the subject - although I believe many members have already encountered these things, it's simply that they have yet to accept them. And it isn't a matter of accepting as in "believing", it's a matter of accepting the evidence provided.

I'm not the sort of fool that operates on belief alone; I'm the sort of fool that operates on belief with a degree of guarantee, a.k.a. possibility determined by logical presumption. Aside from that, I take fact into the equation, which promises a certain amount of reliability, although many may not be comfortable with the degree of uncertainty inherently involved.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I honestly was not expecting simplistic BRILLIANCE when I opened this thread, yet here it is:

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I am Satan. Everything else is God. Together, we are God, but alone, we are Satan.

Satan is within. To be selfish is to be Satanic. When I serve myself, I am serving Satan. The only way to free myself is to be selfless.

I am learning that the totality of the experience is always greater than the experiencer. Two heads are better than one. I am not superior. I am inferior. Alongside all of you, I am scum. How dare I say that I am great? You all are great. Together, we are great, but alone, I am pitiful. Pride is a lie. It feels good, but that doesn't mean that it is. The true way to feel good is to see the goodness of others.

Great stuff, OP. Seriously. S & F!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join