It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Device (Perpetual Motion)! He did it simply! Arranging magnets like people said couldn'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I created a device more simple than that 6 years ago, there is no power to be had from it, the energy required to move the attraction force exceeds the potential for gathering. Here is my design - no real vids of it working but it used compression to push past the high point and only used one magnet! It's based on the golden section

It was actually designed as an active flywheel for a sterling engine, so that it would add to the potential but the energy only lasted so long. I think there is a slim possibility that a gravity/magnetic engine could be built but after many tests I think the gains would be so small it would take 100s of years for payback - we need to look at planetary energy that is being lost every single second with smart design to harness it.
edit on 26-9-2012 by theukbloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Where magnets are concerned, they have 'inbuilt' magnetic energy and thus no external energy source is required to fire them up as shown in the OPs vid, thus making it a perpetual motion device. However, you can never get perpetual energy out of such contraptions.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
as shown in the OPs vid, thus making it a perpetual motion device.

How can it be a "perpetual motion device" when it stops within a few minutes?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by flexy123
The device looks like its USING more energy than actually producing - it takes energy to rotate it and push the tube up and down. Where does the energy come from? The energy "stored" in the magnets cannot be unlimited.

Look at the first test.

Do you know what they are doing?
Reverse polarization...they are shoving one magnet toward another and creating considerable forward motion. Nothing could have less of an energy expenditure, be easier or more free.

You show you know noting about magnets, HOORAY!

Magnets are not free energy anymore than the battery in your phone is free energy. Magnets are a form of stored energy. You will ALWAYS get less out than you put in.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Where magnets are concerned, they have 'inbuilt' magnetic energy and thus no external energy source is required to fire them up as shown in the OPs vid, thus making it a perpetual motion device. However, you can never get perpetual energy out of such contraptions.

No, magnets are not magic, they don't have inbuilt energy, they have stored energy. You can think of them as a battery. Using their magnetic properties depletes them.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

It doesn't, as long as the magnets have magnetic energy. And remember, there is a complex interplay between gravity and magnetism. Until one can 'shield' gravity, you can never get so called 'perpetual energy'.

Alternatively, gravity can be harnessed to produce a 'perpetual energy' machine. That's called a 'gravity pump' - now on, now off! But that free energy technology is way beyond our present scientific understanding. This may come to pass within the next 50 - 100 years or so. But the cabal and the energy cartels wouldn't allow you to do that, would they?

edit on 27-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by r2d246
but I know they have tons of agencies that basically try and oppress entrepreneurs from getting ahead.

Exactly how do you know that?

Because I've been around business circles my whole life. The main one in the you-es is the FTC

So again perhaps why people aren't willing to take a chance and start selling any charging devices.

No, the reason no one is selling this is because it does not work as claimed.

probably true.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Has anyone replicated this device yet?

It seems like a pretty simple design.

I will replicate it if I can, but it would be helpful to know what polarity the magnets are.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This may be the most important post many of you read in this thread so Listen Up Debunkers.

This is what chaps my hide about many of you. You so fervently claim these things Cannot work, Must not work it is Impossible for them to work because they will Break the Laws of Physics. In your mind the Laws of Physics are immutable, unchangeable, cannot be re-written, cannot be expanded on, discarded or even possibly wrong altogether.

This belief, this dogma, is Not scientific. You have just made your Science into a Religion and you have become a bunch of disciples instead of scientists.

The Laws of Physics are Not written in stone. We may never have enough information to believe they are, we certainly aren't there yet.

A "Law" in Science is Only a GENERALIZATION. Nothing More.

Here is the scientific definition from the National Center for Science Education.

Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.

It is Only a descriptive generalization - why? because it's a definition that allows us to effectively communicate our intentions or ideas - it by no means implies the "law" is set in stone or is even accurate.

Here is the definition of a Fact, also not written in stone and is only for practical purposes

Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

ncse.com...

So please people stop using terms like impossible and acting like you know something is Definite and it must be true because otherwise it would violate a "Law", this is silly nonsense. Ever heard Laws are made to be broken? Science allows for it's Laws of Physics to be broken - and Not just by other scientists as some of you would have us believe but by anyone who can come up with a hypothesis and a theory to explain that hypothesis that stands up to repeated experimentation and observation. At first we may not understand all that we observe happening but this doesn't make it false.

The reason all the above is true is because Science, is a Philosophy. You say, No, you have it wrong, science HAS a Philosophy. Granted, science does indeed have a philosophy but science is also a philosophy unto itself. The writers of the above definitions understood this. Science and the scientific method is simply one way of looking at something that seems to work best for practical purposes. The scientific method is by no means 100% fool proof and must not be used to attempt to define absolutes. This goes against the very nature of Science itself. I may not be a scientists by trade, but I dare say, I understand the inception of science far better than many of you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

as shown in the OPs vid, thus making it a perpetual motion device.

How can it be a "perpetual motion device" when it stops within a few minutes?

I never said it was a perpetual motion device, not Vince's tranny anyway. It operated on stored inertial energy, thus the name, Inertial Storage Transmission. It used energy stored while stopping to restart and propel the car forward. It worked on almost the same principal as a caulking gun. The gas normally expended on acceleration would be saved. Turns out that's where the most gas is used and wasted, on start up. Cruising, you get better mileage so, though it was a small change, the gas savings turned out to be significant.

What stopped this were people in whose best interest it was to sell gas (as it turns out automobile makers are arm in arm with the oil industry)...not the general populace, not we the people.

And I've been disenchanted with unchecked and unregulated corporate growth since...oh, about those days. That explains why I dump responsibility in the lap of the party that lobbies for exactly that.

edit on 27-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

This is what chaps my hide about many of you. You so fervently claim these things Cannot work, Must not work it is Impossible for them to work because they will Break the Laws of Physics. In your mind the Laws of Physics are immutable, unchangeable, cannot be re-written, cannot be expanded on, discarded or even possibly wrong altogether.

This belief, this dogma, is Not scientific. You have just made your Science into a Religion and you have become a bunch of disciples instead of scientists.

You can preach as long as you like but the fact remains that not one of these devises has ever been proven to break the known laws of physics.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

But... but... there's a youtube video! Videos cannot possibly be faked, especially on the internet. Everything on youtube is a 100% accurate depiction of reality. People wouldn't just go onto the internet and tell lies, would they now?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
thinking out loud..... Now could you just put this machine inside a coil of copper wire. The changing magnetic fields caused by the moving magnets will generate a current in the coils. no friction, free electricity.

and that magnetic coupling of moving fields to the wire creates a current in the wire

A.K.A. :"A LOAD". I.E.The force needed to turn the wheel increases significantly!.

Nothing is free. .

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Perpetual motion, as I get it, is just the notion that, barring outside input energy, a system loses its energy. Kind of like how a battery will lose its energy and then be useless.

What about inertia and objects in space ? Could they conceivably be examples of perpetual motion if they never collided with another particle or object? Obviously, you could never derive energy from their movement since this would slow down their motion just as encountering friction would.

Will our universe consume its energy and become dead or it will it expand forever and, while maintaining its energy, spread it over a wider area? Or will it compress and repeat the moment of the big bang forever? But if it experiences repeated big bangs forever then where is the energy coming from to keep this process going? Wouldn't it make more sense if each successive big bang produced smaller bangs? What energy would cause it to compress and explode repeatedly?

The law of conservation says you cannot destroy or create energy. So somehow the energy that existed at the beginning still exists equally today and will forever remain at this level. Is that perpetual energy? Perpetual motion is unchanging motion, forever? What is unchanging energy, forever? Like a battery that forever keeps its charge and never loses or gains. But I have to wonder, if the universe does indeed experience multiple big bangs, where is that energy coming from?

To me there's no such thing as free energy, but there IS cheap energy. The notion that something is free misses the whole point that energy isn't magic; it's a resource! It's manipulated, not created. As we progress, we continually develop better cheaper methods at transforming energy. So we get higher and higher yields that're more and more available for the common people. In effect, we're like ants living on the surface of the universe, learning better ways to mine its energies. We're always having to figure out the renewing rate and the potential yield of the energy we mine for our uses.
edit on 27-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Your thinking along the right lines.

The only way to get energy out of this would be to use the motion of the magnetic fields.
It would have to use some unknown physics, but theres room. Magnetic fields, especially in astrophysics are poorley understood.
edit on 27-9-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

The only way to get energy out of this would be to use the motion of the magnetic fields.
It would have to use some unknown physics, but theres room. Magnetic fields, especially in astrophysics are poorley understood.

Where the hell do you go to learn this crap?

Of the five forces, magnetism is the one force that we do understand. Our whole electrical theory is based around magnetic theories that have stood the test of time and been proven again & again. Only a complete moron would rant on about something you obviously know nothing about on a medium that utilises that very theory that you consider incomplete.

Pray tell.......Which of the mathematical formulas pertaining to magnetism do you consider incomplete?

Also.....How do magnetic fields in Astrophysics differ from magnetic fields in geophysics?

Maybe you should go back to primary(grade) school and demand your money back as it seems that you got 'gypt.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hi guys, cant create a new thread as of yet but I am in the process of building a USB-Solar Charger and could use a little help, if you have any experience or have built one of these yourself, I would like to hear from you.

My materials: 12v 5w solar panel, usb-female connector, diode, 5v regulator, copper wires, all-purpose glue and half-inch thick wood-panel to attach/glue.

edit to add: My only issue with this is soldering the diode, I followed an instructional youtube video. The guy in this video says his solar panel was pre-built with a diode, i'm unsure how to verify this on my solar panel.

www.youtube.com...

My setup is quite similar to this.

Thanks!
edit on 28-9-2012 by etoibmys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by etoibmys

If the diode is fitted in reverse....it won't work, though it won't damage anything either. Just clip/clamp it into place and test the circuit for voltage/current.

A diode is a one-way valve that will only permit current flow in one direction. Ensure that the rating is much higher than required by the PV panel. As a rule, I would use one rated for twice the power(at least).

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

good idea, ill clamp it instead of soldering then test with multimeter, thanks.
edit on 28-9-2012 by etoibmys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
why not magnetize mercury and use a system that by its flow within a vacuum environment creates electricity itself.

Can't you heat metal and spin it fast enough to create energy. Look at the earth with its supposed metal core. Can't you mimic that on a smaller scale and use the magnetism it naturally creates to move liquid metal fast enough to create an electric charge?

liquid so less actual friction and air resistance. I am not a master of fluid dynamics but if you have a constant flow being generated by the fluid itself, and by its composition an electric charge you could harvest....would that not be eternal free energy...

Can mercury give off an electric charge?....can it be magnetized......?

If so then design a system of tubes in a coned spiral wide to short where on either end you place conductors that lead directly to the liquid metal, which can harvest the electric charge it would create after spinning by it being magnetized and housed in a casing with a opposite polarity......No?

I have no technical skill, mechanical training, or even a knowledge of basic chemistry. I dreamt this once.

Is it possible?

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join