It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Device (Perpetual Motion)! He did it simply! Arranging magnets like people said couldn'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Wow, I have to say I have seen a of so called free energy devices that swear they work, but you can't see a demonstration. I am going to build one of these to verify it works, but I am convinced! Holy Cow!

Even though this isn't a full energy creting device it is the foundation we all have been looking for.

You can't say that is CGI or anything. Good for him.

This is something simple that you can definitely have spin for a long time (until one of those parts break. I wonder how much you would have to scale that thing up to get the energy to light up an led light bulb?
edit on 24-9-2012 by samlf3rd because: Didn't want to mislead on the title.

edit on 24-9-2012 by samlf3rd because: Title error

The thing is, it's hard to tell where the battery and coil is, maybe hidden inside the pole or even inside the wheel. But anyways, there is no perpetual motion machine. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. It's just that simple.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To clarify what I am saying, I'll explain it as simply as I can. In his research, in order to allow the wheel a full revolution he had to pull the magnet away from the wheel and them force it back again. Both actions take force of energy (also known as the term "work"). So, in this illustration, the wheel turns, but as it approaches the opposing barrier, an equal amount of force is applied slowing the wheel. The closer it gets to the bar the more force is applied. When it gets to the bar, to push it up would take more centrifical force than is left in the wheel, so then the device cannot work.

In order to make it work, more energy has to be supplied than is used. This is where the secret battery and coil come in. It's a common trick I've seen used before. If I place the battery and coil inside the wheel and I make it pass over the magnet at the bottom, I will have the additional force needed to break through the opposing force and push up the bar.

I like stuff like this though because it keeps sending people off track and that's good for me because I have been doing research into this for over twenty years. I am close, but I can tell you that I tried and set aside this design back in 1996. To date the free energy device has not yet been done. That is because of the laws of conservation of energy. The universe demands balance at any cost. The closest we will get is the almost perpetual machine that uses a small amount of energy, such as the design shown in the video we see.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Fromabove, I agree. Many hours and thousands of dollars in parts to show for numerous non-working devices.

But hope burns eternal!

Rich

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
These ideas are great.
The evolution will come when they start to use semi conductors and start blocking and directing the magnetic fields.
Right now the fields of the magnets are slowing it down because the field is not directed specifically.
If you were able to aim the field at revolving semi conductor points in a directed beam then you could make this produce.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
These ideas are great.
The evolution will come when they start to use semi conductors and start blocking and directing the magnetic fields.
Right now the fields of the magnets are slowing it down because the field is not directed specifically.
If you were able to aim the field at revolving semi conductor points in a directed beam then you could make this produce.

You are closer to the real deal by what you just said than the OP's offered video claims. The secret is in the bending and manipulation of the fields. As long as everyone keeps sticking to slamming things directly into the opposing magnetic field, there is time to get this done as they will be tweaking with magnets for a long long time. I think I may give too much research away by making a two word description coming from over twenty years of research into this, but here goes the only clue that I have so far determined to be truthful on the concept. The real smart ones will know that I'm not talking about the thing I describe, but what the thing I describe is doing, and here it is..... consider it.

" Traffic lights. "

The rest is up to you'all to guess as to what that means. deadeyedick is the closest I've heard yet.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I don't feel I "DESERVE ANYTHIng" I'm just pointing out the simple fact that if anyone had anything even reasonably workable then they'd likely have a video showing it at least charging there iphone, and or selling plans or selling actual working models.

BUT NO ONE DOES???? Why not??

There may already be a patent on this... with plans sitting in some storage closet purchased by Exxon or BP. If that's the case... who's going to risk being sued by them for stealing their product that they will never produce because they make too much money off of us on gas. Demonstrating the potential is one thing, but showing another's pattented work is a entire different story.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

I believe there is a time limit on patents.
Unless the law was changed in the last couple years.
It's sad that apple has patented rectangles with rounded corners.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

These ideas are great.

You are closer to the real deal by what you just said than the OP's offered video claims. The secret is in the bending and manipulation of the fields. As long as everyone keeps sticking to slamming things directly into the opposing magnetic field, there is time to get this done as they will be tweaking with magnets for a long long time. I think I may give too much research away by making a two word description coming from over twenty years of research into this, but here goes the only clue that I have so far determined to be truthful on the concept. The real smart ones will know that I'm not talking about the thing I describe, but what the thing I describe is doing, and here it is..... consider it.

" Traffic lights. "

The rest is up to you'all to guess as to what that means. deadeyedick is the closest I've heard yet.

I get the traffic light scenario.
I guess we better shut up now were attracting attention.

Of coarse none of this is possible as long as i get my brief case full of cotton credits.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Power_Semi
But here the magnetic drum is already spinning, so if a coil could be constructed around it, allowing the top magnet to move, then it should create electricity without any losses due to friction due to coupling.

Any attempt to do that would stop it spinning even quicker than it is now.

How precisely would building a coil around it in free air, with no mechanical coupling to it possibly cause it to stop?

It is spinning, a coil around it in free space, like building a building around it would have no effect whatsoever on it.

It's spinning already. What your saying is akin to saying if we put some walls up around it 20 feet away would stop it spinning.

Idiot.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Power_Semi
But here the magnetic drum is already spinning, so if a coil could be constructed around it, allowing the top magnet to move, then it should create electricity without any losses due to friction due to coupling.

Any attempt to do that would stop it spinning even quicker than it is now.

You just challenged an electrical engineer. I'm getting the popcorn, this is going to be good.

Someone who claims to be an electrical engineer - a electrical engineer who has never heard of back emf....
edit on 26-9-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

What precisely does back EMF have to do with it?

A generator creates energy by a magnetic field dissecting a coil.

There is no reason you couldn't build a coil around this, in free space, and generate electricity from it.

If back EMF would be a problem in that, then it'd be a problem in all generators, and we would have no electricity at all.

Back EMF is caused by a collapsing magnetic field within a coil that causes a current to flow in the opposite direction to the direction that the original current was pushed through it.

You are one of those people who've heard a few words said at some time, and roll them out in arguments to sound like you know what you're talking about, when in fact you have no clue.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

If the device in the video had any energy to spare it would be increasing in speed.
The outer edges of the magnetic fields are holding it back.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

To clarify what I am saying, I'll explain it as simply as I can. In his research, in order to allow the wheel a full revolution he had to pull the magnet away from the wheel and them force it back again. Both actions take force of energy (also known as the term "work"). So, in this illustration, the wheel turns, but as it approaches the opposing barrier, an equal amount of force is applied slowing the wheel. The closer it gets to the bar the more force is applied. When it gets to the bar, to push it up would take more centrifical force than is left in the wheel, so then the device cannot work.

In order to make it work, more energy has to be supplied than is used. This is where the secret battery and coil come in. It's a common trick I've seen used before. If I place the battery and coil inside the wheel and I make it pass over the magnet at the bottom, I will have the additional force needed to break through the opposing force and push up the bar.

I like stuff like this though because it keeps sending people off track and that's good for me because I have been doing research into this for over twenty years. I am close, but I can tell you that I tried and set aside this design back in 1996. To date the free energy device has not yet been done. That is because of the laws of conservation of energy. The universe demands balance at any cost. The closest we will get is the almost perpetual machine that uses a small amount of energy, such as the design shown in the video we see.

I guess you don't see the other magnet at the bottom of the device that is providing the opposite force to push it through entirely? There's constant magnetism in this device keeping it going forward.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Far too often on ATS, when someone brings a video like this to the table, people are very quick to jump on board with a statement about if it is real or not, possible or not and so on.

How about for a change we try something different?

We have such a wide range of people here that surely if everyone put their heads together we may be able to improve on what is shown in the video. The internet is the biggest "Round Table" in existence. Sometimes it only takes a small thought which when put out there can create a snowball effect.

I think the idea behind this video has merit and should be explored. Lets contribute.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by SilentKillah

I believe there is a time limit on patents.
Unless the law was changed in the last couple years.
It's sad that apple has patented rectangles with rounded corners.

You're right... but I think it's somewhere around 70 years. Don't quote me... basically thinking copyright when coming up with that number because I used to send instrumentals into the Library of Congress for copyright registry.

But I was basically just saying that it is a possible reason for the other guy's question about why we don't see people using them. I wouldn't build something and start using it without knowing if a patent exists on it. Especially anything that could get media attention... have BP suing me for using their product while unauthorized.

You're definitely right about that... SMH.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tybrus

You're right, this video does have merit. Videos like this actually make a positive contribution to science, whether they realise it or not. Each and every time these "perpetual motion machines" fail to perpetually move and do work, they validate the laws of thermodynamics. Thinking outside the box requires understanding what's already in the box first, something that has been demonstrated not to be the case by numerous proponents in this thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The closest we will get is the almost perpetual machine that uses a small amount of energy, such as the design shown in the video we see.

As "proof" this video is as convincing as someone filming a bicycle wheel after giving it a push - and then claiming its a over-unity device because it might turn for a minute.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

So it couldn't be the moving magnet part of an electric generator where the movement of the magnets past the copper windings generates a current? Rather than having to attach gears and stuff which will take away some of the energy from the movement, perhaps so that it no longer runs continuously.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by samlf3rd

So when can I buy one pre build that will at least charge my iphone?????? It's NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

THEREFORE IT'S BULLSHEAT AS FAR AS i'M CONCERNED

I AGREE ANY ENERGY THAT WE DONT ALREADY HAVE IS BUUULLLLCRAP...
LIKE DEM CARS RUNNING ON H20 YO
I wonder why stuff like this aint on the market yet... i wonder i wonder...
Green - cheap - durable - awesome mechanics!... i wonder i wonder...

Also, i read about a car company that made a car, that was so awesome they went bankrrupt...
As some of you know, car manufactors get ALOT of their income from making parts and stuff..
Well this car was so good, that it didnt break! and didnt need spare parts!
So they went bankrrupt... TROLOLOL...
Therefore today we make everything with a limited lifespan... Phones, computers, cars you name it.
Because consumption is $$... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
I hate this planet. :´(
edit on 26-9-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
reply to post by phroziac

I have read this book by Ed Leekskalnin. I believe that he was able to accomplish practically mystical things by virtue of his unique and simplistic understanding of magnetism. I recall him writing about getting magnetism, which to him was a bunch of tiny "little magnets", to move along pre existing lay lines, in accordance with the earth's own flows of magnetism.
www.scribd.com...

I will definitely read that one, didn't know it existed. The first time I read one of his papers, I remember thinking how much his magnets sounded like neutrinos, when you look at the neutrino collector at the south pole it fits even more.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
cool, im watching this in class so i couldnt listen to the video. untill i see this in use on a larger scale and actually powering something, its just an elaborate tinker toy

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join