It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Device (Perpetual Motion)! He did it simply! Arranging magnets like people said couldn'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
thinking out loud..... Now could you just put this machine inside a coil of copper wire. The changing magnetic fields caused by the moving magnets will generate a current in the coils. no friction, free electricity.

Yes that's just what I was going to say.

I'm an electrical engineer by trade, and the simple answer is you don't need to hook this up to a generator an incur frictional losses.

A generator works by spinning a magnetic drum inside a copper coil. What you need to do is get the drum spinning, which is where you would normally require coupling to some external driving force, like a turbine or petrol engine.

But here the magnetic drum is already spinning, so if a coil could be constructed around it, allowing the top magnet to move, then it should create electricity without any losses due to friction due to coupling.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

If we can think it then it is possible.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
But here the magnetic drum is already spinning, so if a coil could be constructed around it, allowing the top magnet to move, then it should create electricity without any losses due to friction due to coupling.

Any attempt to do that would stop it spinning even quicker than it is now.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

No your very wrong, I do understand power. This is the exact same method used to move your car.

A modern automobile with a automatic transmission, doesn't een have enough torque to move the car. First the torque is multiplied several times over by a "fluid coupling" known as a torque converter. It then sends it to the transmission, that changes gear ratios, to give ever greater speed from the same amount of torque, and rpm range that comes from the engine. Relative to the gear ration. It takes more work to make an object move then it does to maintain speed, which is why at 65 MPH on the highway, your car uses less fuel, than it does at 15 MPH at the upper RPM limit of 1st gear. It increases effeciency, through gearing.

You are mistaken.
Gearing cannot gain you power. Only torque.

High rpm / low torque can be changed to low rpm / high torque. But the power remains the same. Actually lower because of gear loses.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

You just challenged an electrical engineer. I'm getting the popcorn, this is going to be good.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by hellobruce

You just challenged an electrical engineer. I'm getting the popcorn, this is going to be good.

Someone who claims to be an electrical engineer - a electrical engineer who has never heard of back emf....
edit on 26-9-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Well, presuming he is an electrical engineer (after all anyone can claim that on the interwebs), he didn't actually say it would work - he just said how you would attempt to power a generator with it. As it is, I don't believe they are for a minute.

As it is the device in the OP would stop at its own accord after a few minutes - which is why the video only shows it running for 1 minute - before we can all see it obviously slowing down.

If the "electrical engineer" disagrees, and thinks the spinning magnets are somehow generating energy ex nihilo, then I'm happy to challenge them to prove me wrong.
edit on 26/9/12 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
thinking out loud..... Now could you just put this machine inside a coil of copper wire. The changing magnetic fields caused by the moving magnets will generate a current in the coils. no friction, free electricity.

A pulley connected to a permanent magnet generator would work, too.

Or an extended axle that was connected to a permanent magnet generator would lower maintenance.

Pulleys with belts, the belts wear quickly. Perhaps something like a car's drive shaft and u-joint.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I didn't say "gearing creates power", that is silly otherwise you wouldn't need a engine, you would only need a transmission.

What I am saying is either scale down a torque converter, or scale up the device to fit one, the torque converter multiplies torque, by taking low torque, high rpm, and changing it to high torque low RPM output.

So take one of the existing designs, maybe even put a few together to get the desired power input, change the low torque high RPM input to high torque low RPM output that will then have the torque to spin the flywheel to capture the kinetic energy.

Then use it to power a transmission that can be geared up to increase the RPM of a generator.

This will help to fix the problem of the motor not having enough available torque to do work.

Also I keep seeing people saying you can't extract work or the machine will stop.....what? It is a magnetic battery, it will provide power, that can be used, until magnetic coercivity depletes the magnetism of the magnets below the point of having the requisite power to work the machine.

What your claiming is energy can't be stored in a medium, then extracted to do work, which is way wrong. Ever heard of a rubber band? How about a battery?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The device accelerated when the pin was pulled, it was not going to slow after 1 minute. But this does not mean it is a legitimate perpetual motion device either. The bottom magnet concerns me as you never have unnecessary components on a device like this. Either that magnet is amplifying the torque to help overcome the torque loss required for the re-gauging or it is interacting with a coil and reed switch under the table which is truly driving this device.
The test should have been ran on a glass table to at least eliminate that possibility of fraud. Of course inside the wheel itself can be other fraudulent pieces. This could be real but I’m not going to try to duplicate this as it is really of no use other than a novelty. It does not appear to be strong enough to pull much of a load for its size.

WITTS has very good videos and one of their devices fall into the range of 300% efficiency. I’m still getting the material together to build Richard Clark’s transformer theory.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Oouthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

This is proof that mechanical energy can be extracted from a preexisting magnet field.

Zero point energy would extract electricity from a preexisting magnetic field. The zero point would be the magnetic field itself, which would remain undiminished.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

edit on 26-9-2012 by bangoli because: OFF TOPIC

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
People,

if the device would really work he would not waste time posting "over-unity" videos on Youtube - he would be a multimillionaire who "just happened" to solve ALL energy problems on this planet - he had a big company making Bill Gates look like a poor guy and we would celebrate him THE hero of the millennium.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
People,

if the device would really work he would not waste time posting "over-unity" videos on Youtube - he would be a multimillionaire who "just happened" to solve ALL energy problems on this planet - he had a big company making Bill Gates look like a poor guy and we would celebrate him THE hero of the millennium.

Well, no. Didn't some big name guy screw Tesla? He promised him like 50K for an electrical generator of certain efficiency and didn't pay.

Besides this does not look patentable, even in the US where you can patent a ham sandwich.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by MmmPie

If we can think it then it is possible.

It is great that people ARE thinking.
Greases the gears and gets creative juices running again...from there we discover things.

I starred everyone of you on page 7 and 8.

edit on 26-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

So what your implying is that you are going to step it up to step it back down again.

As stated previously, you can't make something out of nothing.

If you take a motor that outputs one Newton/Metre of force at 2000rpm and put a 4:1 gearbox on the output shaft you will get four Newton/Metres of force at 500rpm, or, turn the gearbox around and get 0.25 Newton/Metres of force at 8000rpm.

As with all things, there will be energy losses(entropy) in any change of state.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We use to race motocross and it was a given that about 1/3 of your engine power was going to be lost in the drivetrain.....extra parts uses a lot of power (at least in high power situations requiring oil lubrication).

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by samlf3rd

So when can I buy one pre build that will at least charge my iphone?????? It's NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

THEREFORE IT'S BULLSHEAT AS FAR AS i'M CONCERNED

Why do you have be like that!! Why do people on website persist in being so ignorant, rude, blunt and down right stupid sometimes? Scratch that last - Most of the time*

Have some faith maayyyynnn

edit on 25/9/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

I think the reason we don't see them is not that it's impossible to build but that there's likely some secret group of energy police out there. So if you build one and say start selling it on a website your automatically targeted and attacked in some way. Im not sure what that would involve but I know they have tons of agencies that basically try and oppress entrepreneurs from getting ahead. That helps them to make more money off the entrepreneurs but also forces many back into the work force. The reason most businesses fail in the first 5 years is not because the entrepreneur and his idea are no good. It's generally because tptb make it too difficult in one way or another. So again perhaps why people aren't willing to take a chance and start selling any charging devices.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
but I know they have tons of agencies that basically try and oppress entrepreneurs from getting ahead.

Exactly how do you know that?

So again perhaps why people aren't willing to take a chance and start selling any charging devices.

No, the reason no one is selling this is because it does not work as claimed.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonycodes
Ats should hold a contest to recreate this machine
edit on 25-9-2012 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

Why?

With every post fairly screaming:"THIS IS THE MOST FANTASTIC THING EVAH! THEY DID IT! FREE ENERGY! IT'LL SAVE THE WORLD FOR OUR i-phones!"

What more incentive could you possibly need?

THIS IS THE MOST FANTASTIC THING EVAH! THEY DID IT! FREE ENERGY!

And
I'll get a freemembership to ATS!
?????????

Ridiculous.
To quote Nike: "JUST DO IT".

MANY People with actual hands on electronics and mechanical engineering backgrounds and training come onto each and every one of these threads and try to explain basic "proven"laws of conservation of energy and thermodynamics.

Until the human race makes a multi-dimensional scientific breakthrough; and turns that new information into a useable technology.
A rubber band; waterproof cardboard; Duct tape;nails; some fancy magnets :and "Something like Iron man".

Just isn't gonna save the globe.
edit on 26-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join