It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy Device (Perpetual Motion)! He did it simply! Arranging magnets like people said couldn'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
*** DEBUNKED ***

I found a very long thread on the "overunity" forum about this video.

www.overunity.com...

This device has been a hoax, it was initially uploaded to YT by a user roobert33 - he then admitted it was a hoax but it was too late since the video more or less went viral already.

www.overunity.com...

Here you can see a page of that pretty long thread where "roobert33" shows how he used compressed air to move the upper part of that machine invisibly, by air.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Much kudos for putting this to bed flexy.

See, and this is why I've quit frequenting the boards. Too many people screaming with their tinfoil hats ready to believe anything put forward to them by anyone just because they 'want' to believe and are quickly outnumbering everyone else who will actually use sense. I won't say it's not great to be optimistic, but there has to be limits.

And even if this wasn't hoaxed, the machine, as explained exhaustively by many in the thread, can obviously not be perpetual because it relies on the magnets to power itself. Magnets are not perpetual. I will admit that something that will run on its own for a few thousand years is 'close enough' for our purposes with one, however.

The true definition for what makes up a perpetual motion machine isn't just the duration of how long it can run. The bare facts of it would be a machine that uses the same or less than the amount of power it produces.

Regardless of the fact that he cheated, this would not have been feasible for anything. Even with what some of you have referred to as a 'frictionless' system using more magnets to generate electricity added on, you would be simply be reversing the design of the machine already built and it would no longer run. Magnetic friction is still friction and a generator using magnets cannot generate anything without it.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The funny thing here is, the magnets are not even relevant here. He could have attached blue smurfs to the device or lollipops - the problem would be the same, with or without magnets.

The principle would be the same if we had this same machine, but without any magnets etc. using a mechanical lever which, with each rotation, would be claimed to "push" the wheel for another round. (After the device itself has been given a small push initially to get it going).

And then claiming it's a perpetuum mobile since the device, via the hook/lever would be able to push "itself" infinitely.

The problem THEN would just be that it's *too obvious* it couldn't work.

The underlying problem is the same, with each rotation, there would be a force needed which would need to be greater than the "energy created" with each rotation. Since the device is pushing itself (whether it functions with magnets or without doesnt even play a role) - this energy CAN not be greater than the device itself produces

(In the device in the video, the wheel reaches this point they call "sticky point" with each rotation where they need to move the bar away....so it's basically the very same principle, in some way)
edit on 28-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
what about my idea? liquid metal to make electricity....magnetized to provide flow within a containment vessel that manipulates opposing polarities to create said flow within the liquid metal and so electricity by centrifugal force being applied to it....?

Is that possible? I have zero technical training and ask in earnest....would that work with mercury or molten metal? Magnetized metal being spun at high velocities to produce electric charge...?

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This device might be a fake but there is ways of getting free energy from a closed system and im going to prove it, and anyone can make one in there back garden or garage. Im going to start building it this weekend so hopefully i can start a new thread on here and show you the vidio to prove to all you " its impossible!" Members that its easily achieved.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Good to see this brought to light here.
There was another thread on this same video not too long ago and I made the point there that when an uploader puts on a music track while demonstrating a device, we should wonder why. Because we're not getting the true, original sound. Or, it's being masked. I think I suggested on the other thread that he could've used an electric fan off-camera to make the thing turn, but yeah -- compressed air will do the job nicely.

Ditto that we got no pull-back shot: no long shot to see the full environs where the device is sitting.

The annoying thing is that these hoaxers are just making it harder for anyone who is trying to work on a "real" device. For me, it's not even if genuine researchers do it that's so important, it's that they are making the effort, and meanwhile they may discover some useful effects that could at least lead to greater energy savings.

That's still worthwhile.

But nowadays, because of the hoaxers and those out to swindle people and make a fast buck, people who are genuinely working on the problem are being discouraged from the get-go: we've had to become very suspicious of anything that even looks like it might work, and it's getting to the point that some won't even bother trying any more.

Or, if anyone ever cracks the problem, they'll just shut up about it and keep it to themselves and maybe a very small circle of associates.

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dashdragon

Much kudos for putting this to bed flexy.

See, and this is why I've quit frequenting the boards. Too many people screaming with their tinfoil hats ready to believe anything put forward to them by anyone just because they 'want' to believe and are quickly outnumbering everyone else who will actually use sense. I won't say it's not great to be optimistic, but there has to be limits.

And even if this wasn't hoaxed, the machine, as explained exhaustively by many in the thread, can obviously not be perpetual because it relies on the magnets to power itself. Magnets are not perpetual. I will admit that something that will run on its own for a few thousand years is 'close enough' for our purposes with one, however.

The true definition for what makes up a perpetual motion machine isn't just the duration of how long it can run. The bare facts of it would be a machine that uses the same or less than the amount of power it produces.

Regardless of the fact that he cheated, this would not have been feasible for anything. Even with what some of you have referred to as a 'frictionless' system using more magnets to generate electricity added on, you would be simply be reversing the design of the machine already built and it would no longer run. Magnetic friction is still friction and a generator using magnets cannot generate anything without it.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

to me its just the opposite at this point...too many people out there with pathethically immoral values and intentions, looking to spread hoaxes and disinfo out there vs actually only talking about the truth and bringing truth to light

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by deadeyedick
These ideas are great.
The evolution will come when they start to use semi conductors and start blocking and directing the magnetic fields.
Right now the fields of the magnets are slowing it down because the field is not directed specifically.
If you were able to aim the field at revolving semi conductor points in a directed beam then you could make this produce.

You are closer to the real deal by what you just said than the OP's offered video claims. The secret is in the bending and manipulation of the fields. As long as everyone keeps sticking to slamming things directly into the opposing magnetic field, there is time to get this done as they will be tweaking with magnets for a long long time. I think I may give too much research away by making a two word description coming from over twenty years of research into this, but here goes the only clue that I have so far determined to be truthful on the concept. The real smart ones will know that I'm not talking about the thing I describe, but what the thing I describe is doing, and here it is..... consider it.

" Traffic lights. "

The rest is up to you'all to guess as to what that means. deadeyedick is the closest I've heard yet.

edit on 26-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

What do you think the brushes and commutator do from any permanent magnet d.c.motor produced from the1940's on do? The field current runs through the commutator one direction until it rotates 90degrees then it shuts off and mechanically switches windings ( for the next 90degrees).Very "old tech".

You peopleseem to think everybody born before 1990 was stupid??????????????
Nobody is breaking new ground here with toy magnets and skatewheels as bearings....

Stepper motor drive amplifiers do the same thing digitally.Turning windings on and off in a sequence.Its a "motor" fer chris sakes. The concept is well developed and proven!
wai til you guys discover 3-phase motors! and common inductive squirrel cage motors; there's a whole 'nother thread!

edit on 28-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
what about my idea? liquid metal to make electricity....magnetized to provide flow within a containment vessel that manipulates opposing polarities to create said flow within the liquid metal and so electricity by centrifugal force being applied to it....?

Is that possible? I have zero technical training and ask in earnest....would that work with mercury or molten metal? Magnetized metal being spun at high velocities to produce electric charge...?

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

What kind of voodoo science have you cooked up there?

Where is the input energy coming from? What is it being converted into( there's your first loss)? any heat,light or noise produced (more loss)?How is it coupled out of the system( another loss) to be used. You'll find you can not get more out than you put in no matter how much voodoo science is applied under our current understanding of dimensions and the standard model. The end.

You can certainly induce currents in liquid metal just as you can induce currents in wire.(it creates heat in steel).

You need a voltage(a potential difference) between two points for electrons to flow.
With little to no resistance between any two points in the wire or metal the system quickly becomes an open circuit and floats to the "Source voltage".(highest voltage available).and any"current flows" cease.

Stick your finger in the liquid metal at "source voltage" and ground your other hand to complete a circuit and you can post info in the "Ghost and paranormal" forum (firsthand)

edit on 28-9-2012 by 46ACE because: spelling.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing.
Greatly enjoy the simplicity and genius of these inventions!!
The beginning is here, always was, is and will be ∞

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree~*

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

"Rotsa' ruck" running your margarita blender or i-phone on "infinity" and happy feelings of "goodwill"...

Barring any serious major break through at CERN or fermilab...None of this stuff relys on "concensus"feelings or beliefs of naysayers..(as claimed earlier).
It is math and simple science and repeatable and independantly verifiable.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234

Thanks for sharing.
Greatly enjoy the simplicity and genius of these inventions!!
The beginning is here, always was, is and will be ∞

∞LOVE

mayallsoulsbefree~*

Offs, theres no music in this vid, must be true then...
Cant have that here...Remove emediatly....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
thinking out loud..... Now could you just put this machine inside a coil of copper wire. The changing magnetic fields caused by the moving magnets will generate a current in the coils. no friction, free electricity.

In fact that is all a generator is, a motor, moving permanent magnets in a coil of wire.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Power_Semi
But here the magnetic drum is already spinning, so if a coil could be constructed around it, allowing the top magnet to move, then it should create electricity without any losses due to friction due to coupling.

Any attempt to do that would stop it spinning even quicker than it is now.

How precisely would building a coil around it in free air, with no mechanical coupling to it possibly cause it to stop?

It is spinning, a coil around it in free space, like building a building around it would have no effect whatsoever on it.

It's spinning already. What your saying is akin to saying if we put some walls up around it 20 feet away would stop it spinning.

Idiot.

Simply because the magnetic field puts a drag on the system as it induces currents in the coil. Without interaction it's just a field spinning in free space; and accomplishes Nothing but wastes energy spinning.

Street based drag racers put a toggle switch in the car to switch off the "field" current to the alternator for their runs because when the alternator is creating acharging current; it puts a"load" on the engine of a few tenths of a horsepower.

WHEN IT IS "PRODUCING"; IT IS HARDER TO TURN! (The "power" for the current COMES from somewhere)

Get it? Yet?

: Nothing is free!

How many times must we kick this dead horse????????:
edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: spelling.

edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: structure

edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: spelling

edit on 29-9-2012 by 46ACE because: morespecific words added for "clarification"

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Magnetized metal being spun at high velocities to produce electric charge...?

This will produce anti-gravity properties, i heard that mercury is the key.
edit on 1-10-2012 by Zecharia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Probably until you lot understand that if this was made main stream the technique could be perfected.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zecharia

Probably until you lot understand that if this was made main stream the technique could be perfected.

You can't perfect something that does not work. "Perfected" would mean 100% energy drawn. It is impossible to get more out than you put in. Magnets require energy to make and their energy is used up when they do work. That prevents any magnet from EVER being an overunity device. On top of that in this setup the magnet is unable to do work. No matter what, this will never create anything meaningful, it is impossible as magnets are by definition STORED energy and can never be FREE energy. The ignorance is astounding.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Now, thats why im verry careful when i state something..
Now im not saying your WRONG...But...
What IF...

Its like a priest, when he dies...
When he "finds" out...
Theres NOTHING.....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Until such time as the laws of physics stop working as they do now, it can not happen. The device shown doesn't work, I have shown why before, it is evident by how he has to keep moving the bar to keep the device moving, it would stop otherwise, that means ALL the energy is being spent just to turn and then MORE energy has to be put in (mechanical energy) to keep it going. That means a total net LOSS of energy in the system.

Even if that were not the case (which it is the case). as I already stated, magnets are basically a battery. Using them to power something would not mean free energy or perpetual motion. It would mean someone is using magnets as a battery and are getting LESS energy out than it took to make the magnet. This is debunked any way you look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join