It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous! Senate just voted overwhelmingly against stopping foreign aid. 81-10

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Rand Paul is an ignorant, NeoJohn Bircher and a complete ass. Whatever he was doing deserved to be shot down. As a nation we give other nations aid. Are you really wanting to be on the side that allows literally millions of innocent women and children and sick people die? Sure it's not a perfect system, there is some misuse and corruption. But Rand Paul is an evil force in this world and the more people who snicker at him and dismiss his idiocy the better because he is totally bought and paid for by the Koch brothers and is a racist. His father is an ass as well. He tried to run his wild independent "stolen ideas" campaign as a Republican and came off looking nutty as a fruit cake...as nutty as Cain, Gingrich and Santorum. Good riddance to Rand Paul. May he rot in peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
*I think this belongs in US Political Madness, mods please move*

Rand Paul's senate bill: s.3576

Rand Paul filibustered for an HOUR, giving a great speech to make sure this bill was up for a vote tonight and we were just told by 81 senators that our fiscal interests are overruled by that of foreign nations. Watch the video, he talks about million dollar shopping sprees by a dictator's wife.

I noticed the president calling the vote chuckle when he said Senator Paul's amendment failed.

Rand Paul, earlier today.
Right after the filibuster.

I just stepped off the Senate floor . . .
Just a few moments ago, I gave an hour-long speech in support of my bill.
Now, the debate over my bill to stop foreign aid from flowing to our enemies is raging in the U.S. Senate.

The good news is, your phone calls and emails are working - and some fence-riding Senators are starting to waffle.

Virtually every Senate office is buzzing with chatter from staffers about the massive amount of phone calls and emails pouring in from folks like you supporting my bill.

But the vote is going down in just a few hours.

So it's crucial you keep the pressure up on the Senate by contacting your senators IMMEDIATELY.

Even if they've already heard from you today - call them again.

It's just that important.

For the last hour, there have been Senators on the floor explaining why they favor giving aid to nations who won't protect our embassies or imprison and torture people who help us. Really? Perhaps many Senators have been in Wasington too long, because I can't find many people NOT in the Senate who want to keep sending this welfare overseas, especially to those not acting in our interest.

Its as if Rand Paul is fighting these traitors almost single-handedly...

These HEROES had the sense to stand up against traitors in the senate to stop the nonsense, I think they deserve to have their names listed for some appreciation for the mere fact they are voting in OUR interests and not the interests of the military industrial complex and central bankers.

DeMint
Grassley
Lee
Paul
Shelby
Moran
Toomey
Roberts
Risch
Crapo

They just voted on the Iran Resolution. 90-1

Guess who the only voice of dissent was?

Yup Rand Paul, just like his far...

We may now call him Dr. No Jr.
edit on 22-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Paul's political opportunism knows no bounds and his rage is about as real as his board certification.

Pretty much every time he opens his mouth I throw up a little in mine.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Its as if Rand Paul is fighting these traitors almost single-handedly...

Wasn't it Rand Paul that voted against GMO labeling just a short time ago? Who was he working for then? Tell me all about this lone warrior for the people.

It'll do precious little good to cut foreign aid when our freakin' food supply is being poisoned.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Foreign aid pays for itself a thousand times over, unlike military spending, which just puts us deeper in a hole.

Foreign aid would be magnificent if it were uplifting foreign citizens by real things like establishing time-tested agriculture and building bridges, The common practice today is that we give foreign nations money to buy products from our military industrial complex --- or we are building bridges that we bombed months before.

We are actually making the situation worse by corrupting these foreign governments with money.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoothSayer805
www.youtube.com...

That's a mock video from the Onion News Network. They post some hilarious articles and videos but a lot of people miss the sarcasm and the logo.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by Grumble
Foreign aid pays for itself a thousand times over, unlike military spending, which just puts us deeper in a hole.

Foreign aid would be magnificent if it were uplifting foreign citizens by real things like establishing time-tested agriculture and building bridges, The common practice today is that we give foreign nations money to buy products from our military industrial complex --- or we are building bridges that we bombed months before.

We are actually making the situation worse by corrupting these foreign governments with money.

Lunacy of course, this. ^^^

Go look at who receives foreign aid:

en.wikipedia.org...

Exactly how much of our foreign aid to say, Haiti, is then spend on military equipment?

The US does a lot of bad stuff, but foreign aid, while sometimes abused, is not all about weaponry, nor can you prove that assertion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It is outrageous. It would be interesting to see how many who voted for it are the same ones who want to defund our educational system and end the social safety net in THIS country. If there isnt money for domestic aid, there should be NONE for foreign aid. We shell out billions to help those in need everywhere but here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me, foreign aid = bribes and other measures that help the US to control other countries.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
It is outrageous. It would be interesting to see how many who voted for it are the same ones who want to defund our educational system and end the social safety net in THIS country. If there isnt money for domestic aid, there should be NONE for foreign aid. We shell out billions to help those in need everywhere but here.

well... Rand Paul and the other Libertarians want to do both... defund education, remove the social safety net AND cut foreign aid...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
America can't just stop giving aid to other countries, ...

Apparently that's true.
We SHOULD be able to stop bleeding out .. but the damn politicians in DC won't let us.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

America can't just stop giving aid to other countries, ...

Apparently that's true.
We SHOULD be able to stop bleeding out .. but the damn politicians in DC won't let us.

Helping other countries with foreign is not, "bleeding out"... that's a completely asinine way to describe it...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Im not sure what's outrageous about stopping funding for a foriegn country's aid when our own country cannot even take care of it's own problems point, blank, period.Don't get me wrong if these countries are in some way helping pull our economy out of debt or helping us battle exremist and or terrorist then i can see a motion for aid...but every time a country has an issue that cannot be taken care of we should not be expected to fit the bill......thats just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
While i believe in feeding poor foreign countries, I think most of the money fills corrupt government officials pockets and terrorism. Instead of money we should send food/medicine/etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
While i believe in feeding poor foreign countries, I think most of the money fills corrupt government officials pockets and terrorism. Instead of money we should send food/medicine/etc.

A) I think you'd best provide some evidence for that
B) Should we stop trying to help people, because their governement has corrupt people - put another way, should we stop helping poor children in America, because some of our politicians are corrupt?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

America can't just stop giving aid to other countries, especially when they need help after a disaster has occurred, or when an opposing nation attacks or threatens their nations; especially when most of them have been willing to go along with the American petro dollar which is not backed by anything and the presses are running faster every year.

Why?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
Im not sure what's outrageous about stopping funding for a foriegn country's aid when our own country cannot even take care of it's own problems point, blank, period.Don't get me wrong if these countries are in some way helping pull our economy out of debt or helping us battle exremist and or terrorist then i can see a motion for aid...but every time a country has an issue that cannot be taken care of we should not be expected to fit the bill......thats just my opinion.

The problem with this argument, in this case, is that the sponsor wants to stop aiding our own poor children... he's just a vindictive jerk...

... on top of that, soft power, giving money to make friends, has worked hundreds of times... it hasn't ALWAYS worked... but worked enough to keep it up... and it's such a SMALL percentage of the money we spend on say, weaponry... it's hardly a big deal...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

America can't just stop giving aid to other countries, especially when they need help after a disaster has occurred, or when an opposing nation attacks or threatens their nations; especially when most of them have been willing to go along with the American petro dollar which is not backed by anything and the presses are running faster every year.

Really? Because last time I checked America had double digit unemployed with it's own people living on the street. Of course we need to send money to Israel while our own suffer!

The people that voted no on this need to be tried for treason.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Really? Because last time I checked America had double digit unemployed with it's own people living on the street. Of course we need to send money to Israel while our own suffer!

The people that voted no on this need to be tried for treason.

No, that's completely absurd.

Total foreign economic and military aid (2010 - last year available to my knowledge): $52.7 billion
en.wikipedia.org...

Money spent on the military and homeland security in 2010: 700 Billion+
en.wikipedia.org...

You wanna know where our money goes? It isn't foreign aid.
edit on 23-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Carl Schramm on Destructive Foreign Aid

“When we think about the course of development for the last 50 years, we thought the only solution was for rich countries to give money to poor countries. That is the conclusion of Bono, for example, the rock star advances this idea, as do a number of intellectuals. That’s really the position of the United Nations. Now the empirical facts, the quantitative facts, the record of history, actually operates in quite the opposite way. For 50 years, we have seen essentially the suppression of free markets and capitalism as a result of aid and the record is awfully clear that virtually all of this aid supports corruption in the political regimes… Moreover, increasingly we’re understanding that this concept of just flooding a country with aid is actually destructive to the development of creative labor markets.”[

www.laprogressive.com...

www.debate.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join