It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous! Senate just voted overwhelmingly against stopping foreign aid. 81-10

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by eLPresidente

Its as if Rand Paul is fighting these traitors almost single-handedly...

You mean the same Rand Paul that endorsed Mitt Romney and voted for sanctions against Iran? That isn't a "traitor" to you? He's no better than the rest of them.
Why are sanctions against Iran wrong?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
we should have stoped sending foreign aid years ago...that could be used in so many ways right here at home

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If only people would actively keep a long-term memory.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You do know that you can both be no better than the rest of them and at least make steps in the right direction, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
People needs to understand one thing the foreign aid given by the generosity of the tax payers has nothing to do with what the whores in congress are trying to sell with propaganda to the gullible and trusting US tax payers.

This is not about security of any kind of form within the US soil, on this one the traitors are lying.

They are paying for the security of the private interest that has invested in those nations

We the tax payer are paying in briberies for their protection but they are getting all the profits.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We should just give the entire middle east an ultimatum. Declare Peace or we will give your aid money to Israel.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I feel helpless and hopeless, confused and outraged, I have no answers.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

They would rather spend our money on foreigners than Americans here at home, ...and God knows we need it here!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Its as if Rand Paul is fighting these traitors almost single-handedly...

You mean the same Rand Paul that endorsed Mitt Romney and voted for sanctions against Iran? That isn't a "traitor" to you? He's no better than the rest of them.

So do you just blindly like people that Ron Paul supports?

Because Ted Cruz is a goldman sachs candidate, you might as well support Obama.

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 22-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Most people in here got mad that senate overwhelmingly worked together to overrule the fiscal interests of our own nation for that of other nations but you're mad because Rand Paul did something he always said he would do. Of course, Rand Paul has always said he'd endorse the Republican nominee.

I wasn't happy with Iran sanctions and with that being said I was happy he stood strong on the Iran Resolution yesterday 90-1. Guess which side he took?

Ted Cruz was endorsed by Paul long before any of the other tea party co-opting happened.

Ron Paul was and still is the godfather of the tea party and that is now taken over as a KOCH funded operation, I suppose you want to blame Ron Paul for that too?

I like how you sit there and snivel at every little thing, I still haven't heard any real alternatives from you, even though I asked you in another thread. Everybody has something to say until that something is an actual solution.

edit on 22-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

The Ron Paul Revolution got nowhere this year. Sorry, but it's time to face facts.

That would be speaking without knowing any facts.

But yes, let's FACE some of the facts.

And by facts you must mean exposing corruption at the highest levels of the RNC and taking over the Republican party in several states at the actual state and county levels isn't 'getting anywhere'?

I suppose that would be the difference between you and me, you have no idea what you're talking about and I experienced it all first hand, at least I can say that in regards to the 'Ron Paul Revolution' I wouldn't claim first hand knowledge to many other things that I am not fully confident in.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can't believe this. Senator Rand brought tears to my eyes. He is telling the 100% truth and was unanimously voted against. We're in trouble, big trouble. They don't give a damn about the will of the people. This is very frightening. Not that I am surprised, but how do we stop it? Can we? I don't think so, but I would like to hear suggestions.

Rand is a true statesmen. Him supporting Romney made me ill, but I understand the politics he has to play, he's on our side just like his father. I'm very disappointed with this bill being shot down 81-10. America is a in downward spiral to oblivion.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
That would be speaking without knowing any facts.

But yes, let's FACE some of the facts.

And by facts you must mean exposing corruption at the highest levels of the RNC and taking over the Republican party in several states at the actual state and county levels isn't 'getting anywhere'?

I suppose that would be the difference between you and me, you have no idea what you're talking about and I experienced it all first hand, at least I can say that in regards to the 'Ron Paul Revolution' I wouldn't claim first hand knowledge to many other things that I am not fully confident in.

The Republican Party is, in my eyes at least, busy going completely crazy. When the two leading candidates in the Republican presidential nomination process are Mitt "I'm a souless automaton" Romney and Rick "Spanish Inquistion" Santorum, then there is something very, very wrong with that party. The Romney Unit has flip-flopped so many times that you need a wall chart to keep track of it all and Santorum needs to be thrown into a time machine and sent back to the Sixteenth Century that he seems to hanker after so much. If Ron Paul can't make headway in that party by pointing out their hideous flaws then he's never going to as the party is beyond redemption and is circling the electoral plughole - he needs to cut the Gordian Knot and join the Libertarians. Good luck to him in that case.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To stop foreign aid is irresponsible. The only thing it would effect is an even greater control of the extreme elements over the land and a eventual strike on Israel.
This is bad because the entire west would then have to weigh in with troops and ignite a war. Not sure the scale, but chances are it won't be like 76.

If we stop schooling the savages to be civil..then they won't be civil basically.

I am in 2 minds about it. We can use the foreign aid to prop up some programs in trouble already (such as SS...granted, its a drop in the bucket, but there are many drops out there). But at the same time, I do understand the consequences.

Beware those whom make this a black/white decision. Clear sign either they have no clue what they are talking about, or have a warhawk agenda.

A discussion is required on this indeed...and the people need to understand where exactly the bulk of the money is going. Right now, the retardomedia is painting a picture that we are basically giving money for them to buy italian suits and bombs when thats not the case...and its that money that is in essence bribing them to not do what is in their nature...bribing long enough to where moderates are in charge (how long that may take is another concern).

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
I can't believe this. Senator Rand brought tears to my eyes. He is telling the 100% truth and was unanimously voted against. We're in trouble, big trouble. They don't give a damn about the will of the people. This is very frightening. Not that I am surprised, but how do we stop it? Can we? I don't think so, but I would like to hear suggestions.

Rand is a true statesmen. Him supporting Romney made me ill, but I understand the politics he has to play, he's on our side just like his father. I'm very disappointed with this bill being shot down 81-10. America is a in downward spiral to oblivion.

How do you understand his stance on Romney.

Ron and Rand need to switch parties. Their social outlooks are almost all very liberal..the only aspect of republicanism is the fiscal conservatism, but on record, republicans only pay lip service to that, but go the opposite way..moreso than the Dems.

They would have greater headway bringing classic liberalism back to their roots than try to knock sense into the current GOP.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

They would rather spend our money on foreigners than Americans here at home, ...and God knows we need it here!

The idea is to spend $10 to prevent a war that would cost $100. Thats the cold calculus at work here.

Once the extreme elements unleash and we no longer have influence, what do you see happening? What holds them back from declaring war against Israel? What then will America (and potentially the west in general) do? We will go in..and suddenly that token amount of cash will seem insignificant in comparison to fighting a large war in the middle east/north africa, not to mention the body count.

Not saying I oppose the measure, nor am in favor..I see it as far more complex than simple thinking here..adults need to have this conversation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Exactly

The senators are only following the orders of their corporate masters.

But noooooo, it would be wrong to tax the rich corporate bankers.

To pay back all the money borrowed by the US Gov on the behalf of the RCBs.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
considering they are gonna have to either print up the money to give them, or borrow the money to give them...well????

my neighbor wants a new van, he needs on too, he just had his seventh kid and the sports car just wasn't making the cut with the sixth.
think a bank will loan me the money for I can buy him a new van???

sounds nuts?? ya it does!!!
so don't our elected reps!!!

ain't sure we can pay the troops....
let's renag on the promises we gave the troops when we suckered them into the military...
let's throw granny off the cliff!!!
what??? quit giving money away to anyone and everyone outside of the american people???
NO, NEVER!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
To stop foreign aid is irresponsible. The only thing it would effect is an even greater control of the extreme elements over the land and a eventual strike on Israel.
This is bad because the entire west would then have to weigh in with troops and ignite a war. Not sure the scale, but chances are it won't be like 76.

If we stop schooling the savages to be civil..then they won't be civil basically.

I am in 2 minds about it. We can use the foreign aid to prop up some programs in trouble already (such as SS...granted, its a drop in the bucket, but there are many drops out there). But at the same time, I do understand the consequences.

Beware those whom make this a black/white decision. Clear sign either they have no clue what they are talking about, or have a warhawk agenda.

A discussion is required on this indeed...and the people need to understand where exactly the bulk of the money is going. Right now, the retardomedia is painting a picture that we are basically giving money for them to buy italian suits and bombs when thats not the case...and its that money that is in essence bribing them to not do what is in their nature...bribing long enough to where moderates are in charge (how long that may take is another concern).

We give more money to Israel's enemies than Israel herself. There will never be a strike on Israel. Anyone striking Israel would be committing suicide.

Giving money to radicals is irresponsible. The money we gave to Pakistan sure didn't make them change their ways or show any signs things they are changing at all. Essentially harboring the most wanted man in the world.

He is 100% right in why the US sentiment is at an all time low in that region. The leaders get all the benefits while the citizens get none and the leaders use the money to suppress further. I think it you who doesn't understand the dynamics here. Not to mention, it's completely unconstitutional to take US tax payers money and give it to foreign interests.

Rand's bill was to restrict the money, not eliminate it, which would of been a big step in the right direction of eventually eliminating it altogether.

It was a complete travesty to see that this bill was shut down in the manner it was. 80+ to 10ish, disgusting actually.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
America can't just stop giving aid to other countries, especially when they need help after a disaster has occurred, or when an opposing nation attacks or threatens their nations; especially when most of them have been willing to go along with the American petro dollar which is not backed by anything and the presses are running faster every year.

Entirely agreed. I'm personally sick about sending Cairo a Billion and more in aid and much of that, military aid. However, obligations are what they are and much of it is NOT military aid too, like you say.

We DO need to drop or cut foreign aid in my view. It's our long term survival at stake. Not like this though....and Rand has the same foot in mouth disease as his Father. Go for the comically extreme, KNOWING it has 0 chance of happening, just to make a screaming public statement.

Well... All things being equal, I expect that in the House. I don't in the Senate. They're supposed to be considering and thoughtful ones of the two and giving some thought to their actions.....this was definitely not. If the U.S. just outright closes the accounts and shuts off aid outright, wars will start within days. It's crazy extreme to solve a REAL problem....and making public points this way sucks, IMO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join