It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous! Senate just voted overwhelmingly against stopping foreign aid. 81-10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
*I think this belongs in US Political Madness, mods please move*

Rand Paul's senate bill: s.3576

Rand Paul filibustered for an HOUR, giving a great speech to make sure this bill was up for a vote tonight and we were just told by 81 senators that our fiscal interests are overruled by that of foreign nations. Watch the video, he talks about million dollar shopping sprees by a dictator's wife.

I noticed the president calling the vote chuckle when he said Senator Paul's amendment failed.

Rand Paul, earlier today.
Right after the filibuster.

I just stepped off the Senate floor . . .
Just a few moments ago, I gave an hour-long speech in support of my bill.
Now, the debate over my bill to stop foreign aid from flowing to our enemies is raging in the U.S. Senate.

The good news is, your phone calls and emails are working - and some fence-riding Senators are starting to waffle.

Virtually every Senate office is buzzing with chatter from staffers about the massive amount of phone calls and emails pouring in from folks like you supporting my bill.

But the vote is going down in just a few hours.

So it's crucial you keep the pressure up on the Senate by contacting your senators IMMEDIATELY.

Even if they've already heard from you today - call them again.

It's just that important.

For the last hour, there have been Senators on the floor explaining why they favor giving aid to nations who won't protect our embassies or imprison and torture people who help us. Really? Perhaps many Senators have been in Wasington too long, because I can't find many people NOT in the Senate who want to keep sending this welfare overseas, especially to those not acting in our interest.

Its as if Rand Paul is fighting these traitors almost single-handedly...

These HEROES had the sense to stand up against traitors in the senate to stop the nonsense, I think they deserve to have their names listed for some appreciation for the mere fact they are voting in OUR interests and not the interests of the military industrial complex and central bankers.

DeMint
Grassley
Lee
Paul
Shelby
Moran
Toomey
Roberts
Risch
Crapo

They just voted on the Iran Resolution. 90-1

Guess who the only voice of dissent was?

Yup Rand Paul, just like his far...

We may now call him Dr. No Jr.
edit on 22-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. This country is bleeding out, yet only a few actually care about trying to stop it before the inevitable. We need to take care of our own first before worrying about anybody else. A truly sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Just saw that. By voting it down, they are saying that our foreign aid should not be dependent on the behavior of the recipient countries. Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilod

Just saw that. By voting it down, they are saying that our foreign aid should not be dependent on the behavior of the recipient countries. Ridiculous.

Exactly! How dare you attack me!?

oh well..heres some money...go nuts!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
America can't just stop giving aid to other countries, especially when they need help after a disaster has occurred, or when an opposing nation attacks or threatens their nations; especially when most of them have been willing to go along with the American petro dollar which is not backed by anything and the presses are running faster every year.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

This makes me sick to my stomach.
2nd

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Outraged.. yep.
Surprised.. hell no.
Our govt has gone barking mad. Completely full on idiotic. Other leaders are looking at us like everyone must be on bath salts over here.
Edited to say they have been for my entire life as well.. they are just plain old open with it now!

Never fear though, there is a tipping point eventually. I hope its in my lifetime so I can fight it, my children can taste something different ( had them later in my life.. and they have not had a day that wasnt when we were at "war") and my grandchildren might have a chance at life at all.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Advantage because: babble babble..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The money is more political than anything and this proves it, we are empire building and we need a bag full of smaller independent nations that will not respond negatively to our foreign policy decisions in the region. Bribe the bystanders, get away with murder!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Foreign aid pays for itself a thousand times over, unlike military spending, which just puts us deeper in a hole.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
The money is more political than anything and this proves it, we are empire building and we need a bag full of smaller independent nations that will not respond negatively to our foreign policy decisions in the region. Bribe the bystanders, get away with murder!

Ive thought that as well, but a friend suggested that it was a raid. A raid on the coffers before the fall. I am starting to believe it as bizarre as that would actually be! Its not just us.. other leaders are spending like drunken sailors in the red light district. Its madness.. most rational decent folks cant make sense of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I quit watching anything going on in congress and the senate a year ago after i nearly put my foot through my television after watching similar monkeysh*t last year. It's clear who is running the government, and it damn sure aint the people! We should be having national votes everytime a senator needs to get up to so much as take a leak.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Come on now it's okay - our country has an increasing GDP, the level of unemployment is dropping, our education system is cranking out rocket scientists, everyone who is sick is taken care of, gas prices are falling, home foreclosures are practically non-existent, our infrastructure is in tip top shape....so why not give money to countries that hate us? - We don't need it. /end sarcasm.

So ridiculous.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Come on now it's okay - our country has an increasing GDP, the level of unemployment is dropping, our education system is cranking out rocket scientists, everyone who is sick is taken care of, gas prices are falling, home foreclosures are practically non-existant, our infrastructure is in tip top shape....so why not give money to countries that hate us? - We don't need it. /end sarcasm.

you didn't have to add the sarcasm thing, I think it was pretty obvious.

yea don't worry folks, the federal reserve now buys up 40 billion dollars worth of mortgage bonds every month, FOREVER. & that takes care of everything!

edit on 21-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The whole Lot. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Now more than ever we as americans need to put aside all their division tactics, Dem,Rep, Rich, Poor, and anything else they think up to divide us.

Stand united and tell these Retards we are mad as hell and wont take it anymore.

Vote them all out, I don't care whose running against them, Any time I see someone running against an Incumbent Im voting for them no matter what.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I quit watching anything going on in congress and the senate a year ago after i nearly put my foot through my television after watching similar monkeysh*t last year. It's clear who is running the government, and it damn sure aint the people! We should be having national votes everytime a senator needs to get up to so much as take a leak.

HAHA!! My husband is a very aggressive personality.. I bought him a foam rubber brick to throw at the TV. He finally had to just take a break from the news at all.. it was really getting to him and he isnt usually effected that way. I think a few people best be glad he wasnt physically present to hear some of the horsecrap they were spewing. He is an ex combat vet and went ballistic when the UN commanded the troops.. sometimes a foam brick just isnt enough.

Youre right though, its surely not us running anything. The citizenry really doesnt matter except for how much they can squeeze out of us to put toward BS things and other countries when our own are suffering. I want to take care of my own first.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Advantage because: balklistic??

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How is anything wrong with this? With all the people suffering in our own country, why should we be shelling out money towards other countries? We need that money, more than ever.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
How is anything wrong with this? With all the people suffering in our own country, why should we be shelling out money towards other countries? We need that money, more than ever.

Israel is flush.. check out how much we gave them. Make you puke, so grab a bucket before you google.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
ahh.. theyre keeping all the tyrants and dictators around the world employed as without american support theyd be tossed out on their arses... lets not forget big brother amerika must help psychotic little brother israel commit genocide and keep stalag gaza open for oppression...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well at least ONE of my senators has the balls to stand up and say enough. To be honest though, did they really think it was gonna pass through?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join