It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Very interesting... the sign in the first four pictures are the same "Pehaviour" but different people holding the sign, huh. Could this be the same sign? Are they passing it back and forth because in their hurry to run out of their house and cheer they didn't have a sign to hold? Is this even the Middle East? This could be Dearborn Michigan. Why only one sign? Are these pictures from the obamanation news organization?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
What is happing now has nothing to do with religion or films, what it has to do with is cultures. This fight has been a long time coming the only thing that has stopped it so far has been good people from both cultures. Not so long ago a Muslim holy man tore pages from the Holy Koran but there was no riots noone killed. I belive this shows that the fighting is about culture not religion becouse its wrong to deface the Holy Koran nomatter who does it.
The good people from both cultures can no longer control the others. There are people from both sides who want this war, and it is coming. May our Gods forgive us for what is going to happen, we all know who will win but everyone will lose

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by masontaft

And the thread is about that but we need to have a balanced perspective of what is going on here and that's what I'm doing. Of course I realise that there are moderate caring Muslims but to ignore the fact there is a huge problem with this religion is quite frankly just burying your head in the sand.

Just because a few thousand Muslims display banners objecting to the recent attacks on American embassies it does not excuse the other millions across 2 continents behaving in a barbaric and atrocious way. And as for the media portraying only the bad side, it may have something to do with the fact that a suicide bomber killing 100s of innocent people or violent waves of attacks across the globe is more news worthy than a couple of thousand people holding banners.

On top of this, after all of the violence over all of the years this is the very first time I have ever seen any Muslims speak out against such acts. The silence from even the moderate Muslims is almost deafening at times and I live in an area with a huge Muslim population.

What I'm getting at here is that they certainly do themselves no favours in the way they portray themselves and their religion and this in my opinion does a hell of alot more damage to them than what any media/news outlet could achieve.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
These people are different but it's the same signs. Who are you trying to kid? Do you think the people on here are that stupid?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Strange to see people acting like this isn't getting reported. I've been reading about it on regular news sites for the past day-ish before I popped over here this morning to see what was up on ATS, as I hadn't been on in a while.

Oddly enough, reading the comments on other sites, there are a higher percentage of (imho rightly) skeptical people about this on pretty much EVERY OTHER SITE than on ATS. Make of that what you will.

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I really, really hope this goes viral before innocent people get killed. This is an example of the amazing ways that the internet can help the world.

It's an organized, staged propaganda event of maybe a hundred people, and it is being reported on major news sites.

All the shots were tight shots to make the crowd look bigger, except there is the one crowd shot now that makes it look like maybe ~100-150 people. But even in that shot, you have to wonder how many people were just there standing around in the street because that's what they do there, and how many are actually there for the 'counter protest.'

So while the crowd might be ~200 people, there might only be around ~40 participants.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34
Strange to see people acting like this isn't getting reported. I've been reading about it on regular news sites for the past day-ish before I popped over here this morning to see what was up on ATS, as I hadn't been on in a while.

Oddly enough, reading the comments on other sites, there are a higher percentage of (imho rightly) skeptical people about this on pretty much EVERY OTHER SITE than on ATS. Make of that what you will.

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I really, really hope this goes viral before innocent people get killed. This is an example of the amazing ways that the internet can help the world.

It's an organized, staged propaganda event of maybe a hundred people, and it is being reported on major news sites.

All the shots were tight shots to make the crowd look bigger, except there is the one crowd shot now that makes it look like maybe ~100-150 people. But even in that shot, you have to wonder how many people were just there standing around in the street because that's what they do there, and how many are actually there for the 'counter protest.'

So while the crowd might be ~200 people, there might only be around ~40 participants.

This is one of the best posts I've read so far on this thread. The whole thing looks staged and quite frankly false.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think the majority of people in Libya do not want to hurt anyone. We can't judge a whole population of a nation by the actions of a fsmall minority of radical people.

Well yeah if we judged every population by the small portion of violent individuals then everybody would be crack-smoking murderers.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Very interesting... the sign in the first four pictures are the same "Pehaviour" but different people holding the sign, huh. Could this be the same sign? Are they passing it back and forth because in their hurry to run out of their house and cheer they didn't have a sign to hold? Is this even the Middle East? This could be Dearborn Michigan. Why only one sign? Are these pictures from the obamanation news organization?

So what if they only had a few signs that they had to pass around? What if everybody wanted to be seen holding signs and showing their support? What if only a dozen people went out to start this and by the end of it two or three hundred individuals had joined in? Doesn't that just go to show their willingness to be peaceful and supportive?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ok. Sure...I believe that.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

You and your ilk are the reason these countries and governments, ours included, get away with what they do.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

In your own words two to three hundred people are protesting against the violence if in fact they are at all because it looks like stunt to me. It really does have an air of falseness about it. Yet on the other hand we have millions of Muslims running around blowing things up and killing innocent people. I think I can clearly see what the truth is in all this and that's the majority of Muslims seem to hate western civilisation with a passion and will use any excuse to have a pop at us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

These people are different but it's the same signs.

Two people sharing the same sign. How sinister.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just reading some more on this in thread.

Here's some thoughts question for the haters - and lets face it, some of you are haters...

Do you think an average muslim person - who has a family, and works 9-5 to feed them - wants to kill you?

Do you think that same average person is sitting at home right now thinking "damn, I'm glad that american is dead"?

Or do you think that same average person is sitting wondering when the air raids are going to start because some moron went out and killed some foreign guy who meant nothing to them, but happens to be the ambassador to the USA, and they are cursing that person up hill and down dale because they have no idea when/if the cruise missiles and stealth bombers are going to come and possibly kill their family while spreading "democracy" from 30,000ft with "smart bombs" that may be so accurate they can hit an air vent in a building, but which also destroy anything within a couple of hundred yards of the impact point as well?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Like I have stated before all Muslims are not violent terrorists and I by no means hate them (terrorists aside) but having said that there is a huge issue at the moment with that religion and to pretend everything is rosy and not even discuss these fears is frankly dangerous. History surely must tell us this?

I am also sick to the back teeth of them going crazy over the most ridicules things, the killings,the bombings, the destruction,the endless needless loss of life. Islam also in my opinion is infringing on freedom of speech and equality. As I've mention in other posts they do not help themselves because they never speak out against these atrocities.

There is only so much of this crap that people will take before something is done.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanrak77

Hi Hanrak77
I agree with almost everything you stated, but the majority of Muslims do not for one minute think that every thing is rosy, we do, amongst ourselves, denounce the brainlessness of the intolerant few as puppets of the zionist regime. We do discuss peaceful ways of putting our point of view across to the west, unfortunately our cries are drowned by the masses of zionist anti-islamic propagandists. We have no voice. Even our brothers involved in the struggle ignore cries for peace on the grounds that it makes no difference if we fight or succumb to the genocide that is happening. How can we argue for peace when we have no real forum to discuss the issue?
Most of the maniacs who the west rightly denounce as extreme radicals are in the pay (indirectly) of Israel.
What can we do? We are fighting both are own misdirected people and the might of Zion.
The only answer to me is for the people of the West to acknowledge that the majority of propaganda is from Mossad and to obliterate the A.D.L. and all the other misinformation networks, they perpetuate the myth that Muslims are all paedophilliac homocidal rapists. Until that happens even the moderate Muslims (and I do not count myself as a moderate) will be seen as targets for any kind of hatred and subjected to the usual
Muslims = Evil media crap.

\

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kualros
The people depicted in the above photos ARE the proper and true representation of the vast majority of Muslims -- those who are just as horrified and upset by terrorism as we Americans are.

We appreciate the support, and may Allah bless you and yours in all things.

Star and flag to you, OP.

Ditto! I couldn't agree with you more!

Only the truly ignorant and fearful could see this any other way. Furthermore, I find it highly ironic that someone like Mitt Romney, (a person who's faith is considered to be a cult by mainstream christianity) would be so quick to advocate war with an entire religion based on the actions of a few.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
erm...it works both ways dunnit...shouldnt we also apologise for the drama our citizen caused....im sure many muslims have died in the last 3 days

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Because all you are doing is perpetuating the ignorance and the hate, misleading and misinforming.

The sad thing is, I'm not. The even sadder thing is, I enlightened you to the actual truth of the matter, and it's too ugly for you to believe it.

I recommended a book for you to read. READ it, and stop making assumptions before you have all the information.

Did the Muslim lady I helped carry her babies pram off the tram yesterday want to kill me? No - she smiled at me and thanked me. Did the Muslim family eating at the table next to me in the shopping center at lunch time today want to kill me? No, they are happy living side by side with me and with all the other cultures and races which make up this wonderful city in which I live.

I can see that you're a very sentimental guy. I am as well. I agree that there exist good Muslims. My sister's good friend Shazmin is a Muslim and she and I are on very friendly terms; but Shazmin is simply your average westernized Muslim. She knows as little of Al Ghazali as your average Christian knows something of Thomas Aquinas.

The situation I described, firstly, is the reality in the Muslim world - in Dar Al Islam (the abode of Islam). The paradigm there verses here is quite different. Secondly, I am simply describing to you the metaphysics and theology of Sunni Islam. How can you not understand that? Or be skeptical of it? It's their theology. Just because I'm western does not discount my testimony of their theology; It's completely different from our own - from both Jewish and Christian theology, and the metaphysics which underpins western civilization.

Just as there are 'Christians' who burn down Mosques and Sikh Temples in the US

This is reductio ad absurdum; The event of a Christian committing terror occurs exponentially less than terror in the Islamic world. What you fail or refuse to comprehend is that the behavior of Muslims is the extension of their own metaphysical and theological belief system. Hanbal, Ash'ari, Al Ghazali, Ibn Arabi, etc This is their teachings; these are the theologians which dominate the thinking of mainstream Sunni Islam.

If you don't get this, or don't accept this, you have a screw loose.

And it is true that there are more moderate Muslims who want to live in harmony with the world than there are fanatics.

Is that why the entire Muslim world is aflame in anger over a stupid video? As for moderate Muslims - they exist. And you know what else? They reject the metaphysics and theology of the most prominent Islamic thinkers; or, they are just too ignorant of their own religion to bother worrying whether they are out of step with the umma. But again, you are speaking as a westerner about Muslims you know living in the western world. Go to Egypt - and the shpeel you just said to the OP, go up to an educated Muslim, or, conversely, your average Muslim, and try saying that. There's a statistical likelihood against your favor that you would be spit upon. It's disgusting, but again, this is because you have a completely different metaphysics than they do.

What is God to you? To the Islamic thinkers of eminence - God is pure will. To ascribe to him any other attribute - for instance, reason - is to subject him to a contingency - to acting reasonable. Ash'arites (proponents of the philosophy of Allah as pure power) objected to this claim of the Mu'tazalites (this is the brand of Islam - very unpopular in the Muslim world - which is harmonious with western thinking)that it limited Allah by bounding him to some course of action. This is inconceivable to them. God cannot be bound; he is TRANSCENDENT - which means he transcends even reason: he is pure Will. And the Quran, as a form of revelation, As well transcends the boundaries of reason. Thus, in order to enter into Allah's reality of becoming pure will, a Muslim must live in accord with jurisprudential judgements derived from the revealed word - the Quran - as opposed to conscience (which relies on mans faculties of reason)

Spreading untruths, relaying something you read in a book - these are not the acts of the enlightened. Not at all. It makes you a part of the problem

This is insulting. You're basically saying I can't say anything of merit because it isn't "positive". Unless it presents Islam in a positive light, it is unacceptable. So what am I to make of Islams belief system? And how should one disregard the metaphysical and theological system of the mainstream of Sunni Islam, which so differs from our own conceptions of God, as reason - logos?? To us, to both Christian and Jewish theologians, God means to do only good for his creatures (reference the episode where Abraham questions Gods justice in Sodom - referring to Gods allowance to man's autonomy of will to question him, to probe him, and to come into sympathy with him through their own faculty of reason). Islam worships God as the Absolute - and this Absolute by virtue of his revealed will in the Quran can only be encountered through abidance to the Shari'a.

You my friend are simply immature if you can't accept what I'm saying or refuse to "read a book" (how else can you educate yourself?) because the book in question dampens your sentimentality.
edit on 14-9-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

These people are different but it's the same signs. Who are you trying to kid? Do you think the people on here are that stupid?

Also, the grammar error seem exaggerated, on one sign the word Islam was properly written but you can see that someone added a dash so the I becomes an E, just to make sure that it looks like people completely clueless about the english language made the signs, yet with impeccable calligraphy on some of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It was bound to not be them all the time

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join