It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by Grayarea
Just my opinion but, does this just look like the kids that thought it was a good idea to throw rocks at a hornets nest, and now are just trying to do what they can before the pain comes? To some, the killing of four people in the embassy is a good reason to send in the troops and they know it.

If killing is the answer, it had to be a really stupid question.

So, your mother, sister, brother and father were the ones massacred.

Then what do you say? Mischevious kids? I highly doubt it. These people were slaughtered. PERIOD!!!

Wow did you ever miss what I'm saying. Try this.....
The idiots screwed up and they know it. People will want revenge, and the killing continues. Killing another person is wrong no matter WHO was killed, the problem is that a person WAS killed.

Nobody can claim the moral high ground when it involves killing another person.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Sorry, Maes2, but "Paraclete" is a reference to the Holy Spirit, not Muhammad.

Yes, God allowed all of Jacob's sons to multiply and create "great nations", but Jesus was born a descendant of Jacob through Isaac, and it's Isaac's descendants that receive Abraham's inheritance, according to the Bible.

Throwing in one verse from the Qu'ran doesn't change the meaning of the whole Bible.

Genesis 35:11-12

11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by maes2

Yes, God allowed all of Jacob's sons to multiply and create "great nations", but Jesus was born a descendant of Jacob through Isaac, and it's Isaac's descendants that receive Abraham's inheritance, according to the Bible.

this is why I say Jesus is not a prophet from Israeletes brother (Ishmael). but Moses was speaking a prophet from israelites brothers and like himself. then who are that twelve rulers from Ishmael.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

"The 12 Tribes of Ishmael"

nabataea.net...

In the meanwhile, I'll go one step further and print the verse following the one you quoted earlier...

Genesis 17:20-21

20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

very nice for your tolerance.
still I can not understand why should Jesus speak about Paraclete so much times. Paraclete will come after it, Paraclete is another one like Jesus, Paraclete will give testimony for Jesus, Paraclete will teach all things and so on ....
anyhow I leave these alone but still two other questions remain:
1-Moses says :The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. -Deuteronomy 18

Jesus is different from Moses especially the birth of Jesus was a miracle and he is from israiletes not their brothers.

2-He said: “The LORD came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran(mountains around Mecca). He came with myriads(ten thousand) of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.-Deuteronomy 33:2

if we accept that Sinai refers to Moses and Seir refers to Jesus but what about the Mecca mountains ! especially if we consider that Muhammed entered Mecca with it's ten thousand followers.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by Deetermined

very nice for your tolerance.
still I can not understand why should Jesus speak about Paraclete so much times. Paraclete will come after it, Paraclete is another one like Jesus, Paraclete will give testimony for Jesus, Paraclete will teach all things and so on ....

Here are the best verses I can come up with to describe the Holy Spirit, but I recommend a "keyword search" in Biblegateway.com of this word so it will bring up every verse that includes it. It will help to gain an even better understanding.

Acts 19:2-6

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God, not a human individual. The Holy Spirit was revealed for the first time at the time Jesus was baptized in Matthew 3. Jesus told them that it was the work of this spirit working on man's hearts that would lead them to the teachings of Jesus, not another prophet.

anyhow I leave these alone but still two other questions remain:

1-Moses says :The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. -Deuteronomy 18

Jesus is different from Moses especially the birth of Jesus was a miracle and he is from israiletes not their brothers.

Here are some verses from the Old Testament that told them exactly who the "Messiah" or prophet would be. Remember, the reason God sent them Jesus was because they wanted someone they could see and speak to without the risk of dying. At that time, Moses was the only one capable of being near his presence and hearing him speak without harm.

Here are the verses in the Old Testament that told us that Jesus was the one being sent to to fulfill that role:

www.blueletterbible.org...

2-He said: “The LORD came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran(mountains around Mecca). He came with myriads(ten thousand) of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.-Deuteronomy 33:2

if we accept that Sinai refers to Moses and Seir refers to Jesus but what about the Mecca mountains ! especially if we consider that Muhammed entered Mecca with it's ten thousand followers.

My understanding is that verse two is talking about all of the times that God appeared before Moses (in the form of fire, burning bush, etc.)

As for the "ten thousand holy ones", here are other verses in the Bible that tells us exactly who they were:

Acts 7:51-53

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

and

Psalm 68:17

17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions about what I've posted. I'll do the best I can to answer them from a Biblical standpoint.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

He's smart, he makes many great points and he's funny, but people should know he is very pro Israel and anti Islamic. If he hated Judaism as much as he hates Islams he would be labeled an anti Semite, there is no doubt. He actually believes Islam-phobia doesn't exist but anti Semitism does.... ummm....
edit on 20-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh to be sure he is biased, but when you try to take out that bias, what he did say was true. Islam does have merit, but it still has A LONG WAY to go. (some aspects HAVE to change)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Oh yeah, no doubt I totally agree that he does make good points, especially after the rioting and violence. All religions are guilty of violence, it's just in this period time we get to witness the Muslims turn.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes it is

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This is heart warming i do feel for those that are trying to live a peaceful Islamic life, I am a Mormon myself and i understand the feeling of another extremist group trying to act as LDS saints but are ruining our image, i can only say my dear friend if world war 3 was to happen and i came across a Muslim family in need of help for food and water i would take them in and provide them with the basic needs, though id pray they are not extremist Muslims lol

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My only problem with Islam is that if you are truly are religious person then you should be tolerant of others and what they think or do. Here is America we have all kinds of idiots doing stupid things but we don't go around burning building, killing people and acting like morans.

Not knowing a lot about Islam, why is it that their followers seem to take anything said not in accordance with their religion as a reason to commit Gihad?

Maybe we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg and most of the Muslim world take these attacks as seriously as we do here. I would hope that one of the three great religions needs to educate their followers better as to what is right and what is wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It's not the sign, but the person who holds it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I find it odd how some of the signs that they are holding are worded EXACTLY the same. It may mean nothing. When these people kill non-muslims, especially when it comes to the beheadings, they are doing EXACTLY what the Koran tells them to do. It says that they cannot even befriend non-muslims. Therefore, there is no such thing as a "moderate" muslim. There are practicing muslims, and non-practicing muslims. It is like a vegetarian eating a cheeseburger. Don't be fooled. That is why we have the New Testament as Christians. The Old Testament had many brutal cannons within it that people in a new age could no longer live by. The Koran and the Old Testament of the Bible are much the same. Perhaps the "moderate" Muslims should write a new testament to their Koran to make the religion more palatable to a modern, civilized society, and perhaps even more palatable to themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I saw this on the news and was so glad. It is scary times for all of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
And were sorry Islam. This behavior our government has displayed the last several years is not how we behave either. We ALL bleed red. Peace.

Thank you for addressing this. I was thinking the same thing. Most people I know are sick and tired of these wars, not only because of the huge financial debt they're creating, but more so because of the slaughter of innocents caught in the crossfire that is occurring as a result.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join