It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I totally agree. As someone who has close family ties in Libya, I can assure all of you that the vast majority of ordinary people there are extremely angry and upset at the death of the US diplomats. The Ambassador was a familiar face around Tripoli and was often seen in local cafes drinking coffee with the locals. Some people have openly been in tears over his death.
Please do not tar all Libyans with the same brush as the animals that carried out this horrible act and accept that these people are just that. People like you and I who only want a safe, peaceful life for themselves and their children.
They have been through so much over the last eighteen months and only long for peace, security and some sense of normality. Find it in your hearts to take them at their word. The majority are truly sorry.

Mysunshine

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysunshine
. As someone who has close family ties in Libya, I can assure all of you that the vast majority of ordinary people there are extremely angry and upset at the death of the US diplomats.

Mysunshine

So why are they rioting again today in Tripoli if they're sorry?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I don't know where you heard that but I can assure you there is NO rioting or protesting in Tripoli today. I have just spoken to a family member who was out shopping in Marks and Spencer in the city centre who told me that everything is quiet and has been all day. People are out and about as normal.

My Sunshine

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't know where you heard that but I can assure you there is NO rioting or protesting in Tripoli today.

My Sunshine

How nice, your family probably didn't want you to worry

AlJazeera is reporting riots in Tripoli and one destroyed KFC.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

That would be Tripoli in Lebanon. Not Libya.

I promise you, there has been no trouble in Tripoli Libya today.

Mysunshine

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mysunshine

As someone who has close family ties in Libya, I can assure all of you that the vast majority of ordinary people there are extremely angry and upset at the death of the US diplomats.

I’ve heard that a lot and I hope this is true. I don’t see how decent people would support the murder of non-combatant civilians.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if the murderous thugs who did this met their maker. There cannot be peace while evil leaders direct people to carry out violent acts of terrorism. Those leaders must be handled….

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That would be Tripoli in Lebanon. Not Libya.

You are completely right about that

I had to triple check and they are wrong about the KFC in Libya.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

President Reagan also killed innocent civilians during the 1986 raids but I really don't want to get into all that. Violence only creates more violence and it saddens me that innocent people anywhere are having to pay the price for other's blood lust.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mysunshine

President Reagan also killed innocent civilians during the 1986 raids but I really don't want to get into all that.

Libyans terrorists bombed a nightclub full of civilians, killing three injuring around 230 (including 79 Americans), at the direction of its fanatical leader; Reagan went after that leader and his henchmen…..big difference.

Violence only creates more violence and it saddens me that innocent people anywhere are having to pay the price for other's blood lust.

Yes, that’s what happened – violence did beget violence. And Gaddafi was effectively a neutered man afterwards.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

This picture shows EXACTLY what the plan was since the begining, and WHO is behind this...

Probably that picture was already prepared even before the attacks.

No wonder Mitt Romney dispatched his press release against the "apologies" EVEN BEFORE the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, at a time when ONLY the protests in EGYPT had happened already... Maybe they were confused and comitted an error, dispatching the press release too early...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

. As someone who has close family ties in Libya, I can assure all of you that the vast majority of ordinary people there are extremely angry and upset at the death of the US diplomats.

Mysunshine

You don't get it do you? Does Al Capone represent Americans? Some random thugs do not represent the Muslim nation.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

You don't get it do you? Does Al Capone represent Americans? Some random thugs do not represent the Muslim nation.

I think you are the one not getting it
You call this 'some random thugs'? Really?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

If it's not random then it's a conspiracy. I wonder who's behind it? Probably the same people that put the Muslim Brotherhood in both Egypt and Libya.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes, this is all true but it is also true that many innocent Libyans suffered in the revenge attacks. I am not denying that Gaddafi committed terrible atrocities but you must remember that many of them were on his own people. They have paid for his crimes for many years and I now hope that they do not have to pay for the crimes of some terrorist group who committed this horrendous act of murder.

They have had enough and deserve to live peacefully, as do we.

With Respect
mysunshine

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Mysunshine

Don't be so ignorant. Al Capone was a gangster who had maybe 3000 men at his command which every single nation on earth has. We are talking about millions if not hundreds of millions of people willing to die, rampaging throughout the globe killing and destroying. Its a viscous movement with a coordinated attack. How you can compare the two is beyond belief.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanrak77

Mysunshine

Don't be so ignorant. Al Capone was a gangster who had maybe 3000 men at his command which every single nation on earth has. We are talking about millions if not hundreds of millions of people willing to die, rampaging throughout the globe killing and destroying. Its a viscous movement with a coordinated attack. How you can compare the two is beyond belief.

So you honestly believe that the entire population of the Islam religion is out to kill Americans?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

No and I never said that but there is a large majority that do want to and not only Americans but most western countries. The evidence is right before your eyes! www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

I am inclined to agree with you Trueblood. If this is so organised then I also believe that there is more to this than we are seeing.

Everyone needs to remember that the majority of Libyans are just people who want to live their lives as peacefully as they can in a safe environment for their children.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is a small interview cut from the BBC on the link I posted above from a Tunisian male.

As soon as Friday prayers were over, hundreds of men streamed out of the mosque in Tunis and started marching to the American embassy. They appeared to be ordinary Muslims angry that their religion had been insulted. As one told me: "Allah and the Prophet are more important than my life."

Most of the protesters were men, but there were some women, too. When I put it to them that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had apologised and the film had nothing to do with the US government, they all said it was not enough. "We want a proper apology and for the filmmaker to be arrested," they said.

The embassy was heavily guarded by riot police, an army tank and the access roads were shut. But this was not enough. Clashes soon broke out. The air was thick with tear gas, but people have learned from the revolution that a bit of Coca-Cola in the eyes will take away the burn.

Just opposite the embassy, the American School was looted by young men and boys, who walked off with musical instruments and computers.

Now if this video is more important to him to loose his own life over do you honestly think he cares about anybody else's life?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If it's not random then it's a conspiracy. I wonder who's behind it? Probably the same people that put the Muslim Brotherhood in both Egypt and Libya.

I also think TPTB are involved one way or another.. but the point is i'm in one of Europe's capitals and today i saw those 'random thugs' spitting and stamping on American flag, shouting about revenge. People well in their 40's and 50's. They are not sorry about anything and it is not just a group of hooligans and everybody bloody well knows it.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join