It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Even CNN saying now that the film is being used as excuse and this attack was planned in advance by Al Qaeda as retaliation. So for you brainwashed warmongering retards, I told you so. If it was up to you we'd be bombing the crap out of Libya. Then again you'd find another way to justify it huh.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am extremely impressed at the advances in technology in the past 11 years.

In September 2001 we had magic, indestructible passports that could survive plane crashes.
In September 2012 we now have viral video-movies (or "talkies" as referred to by many in Islamic countries) that are able to incite legions of primates and direct world-policy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Even CNN saying now that the film is being used as excuse and this attack was planned in advance by Al Qaeda as retaliation. So for you brainwashed warmongering retards, I told you so. If it was up to you we'd be bombing the crap out of Libya. Then again you'd find another way to justify it huh.
Oh yes, don't worry, those knuckle dragging war mongering militants will still be beating their chest to bomb someone over it. Don't worry, they'll kill half a country before they realise their mistake. And then they won't care either way, as there is not a braincell between militants. (just look at the last post on the page before this for a prime example of extreme stupidity)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Groups supposedly claim responsibility are indicated below along with the egyptian show which was supposedly the cause of the protest. Although the film/clip/trailer was released/produced around July. So 9/11 was definitely the chosen date and thus a pre-planned activity by someone.

BTW Drudge and other sites have the graphic images of the ambassador.
MORSI's_Message

CSPAN_CLIP

LINK
LINK2

EGYPTIAN_TV_SHOW
edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: add link

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We get hit when liberals are in charge.

Exactly why the election of WEAK leaders always makes the rest of the world happy.

I think Hillary Clinton just tossed the - reset button- in the trash.

The Muslim Brotherhood has played them for a fool.

I remember remarking suspicion of the "Arab Spring" several months ago on another website and I was castigated for being "bigoted" and "paranoid" and how the Arab Spring movement was filled with puppy-hugging freedom lovers and that the Muslim Brotherhood was a tiny fringe organization and would not have anything to do with the leadership post Arab Spring. Now look at the ME. Either the administration was ver stupid, or they wanted extremists to get more power. They supported the very people who called for the murder of our embassador.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

Why should we trust CNN?

They will say or do anything to protect Obama.

The attack was probably a - joint effort - between the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda.

They trashed the American embassy in Egypt and then they trashed the embassy in

Libya.

I don't trust CNN at all. -- zero credibility --
edit on 12-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Telos

I don't wanna attack you and spread hate.

I deleted all my reply to you.

Here is a simple sentence.

Don't attack other people's belief , don't impose yourself , don't follow divide and conquer.

+ follow all the sentences

Then judge me and reply

Love

link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by Gwampo
That is the funniest attempt at a movie I have ever seen!!

So this movie comes out, muslims get mad and kill an ambassador a country away from where the movie was released. This is a BIG step back for western/middle eastern relations..

The US should consider pulling out troops/ambassadors or seriously stepping up security around all assets in the entire middle east.

The movie is not funny. It is sad and immature. This is like making a movie about Jesus being a stupid homosexual. I'm sure plenty of Christians wouldn't be too happy about it. Infact, I bet it would be pulled off youtube the same day.

The US should consider leaving the middle east and worrying about the US.

But would they riot and kill people? Probably not. Especially considering they're the only accepted, main stream target of anti-religious bigotry and left wing intolerance. I'm blown away that you're actually blaming the movie maker and not the people committing violence.

What is it about Islam that attracts left wingers to defend it?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

snip from OPLink..

...Romney condemning the administration and the attacks:
"I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks."
The U.S. Embassy statement from Cairo was issued before the attack in Libya.

Øbama is about a pillar of strength as was Jimmy Carter... Carter's administration caused the present state of Iran... what will the Øbama apologetics attitude spawn--- a full fledged caliphate that will attack ever Embassy in the ME & then the world (or at least every nation with a Muslim~Islamic radica;/militant faction)

Øbama wants to see the USA get reduced to a sniviling, cow-tow nation state... do you know he is pushing for a unilateral disarmament of nuclear warheads... the studies have already been done, and thats one reason Øbama only attends 40% (at most) of the daily threat briefings...
see:
www.washingtonpost.com... 09a954e1_story.html

Øbama, it might be construed that he is retailating for the 'Promised but never Paid'
~

' 40 acres and a mule" ~ a promise that was made to freed slaves during the US Civil War era
so instead of trying to get a piece of the American Pie through timely repairations....
Øbama is instead dedicated to doing away with the whole American Pie, all together !

at least that's the way i currently read the man

edit on 12-9-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by mideast

Some govts are trying to begin new version of crusade to legitimate their wrong actions.

Making fun of other people's belief is not good. Specially when there is no puppet to control the situation.

But I also condemn holly wood and war on religions.

You're a bunch of primitive retards and cave man mentality. How can you go and kill a human being over an alleged insult, be that of a religious symbol or whatever? Is the 21 century and you still want to cope in this world with a barbarian mentality? And you call others crusaders? Crusades were over 6 centuries ago. Time to do some reality check and be up to date.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)
There aren't enough facepalms in the world to deal with this post in an efficient manor.

You are the "primitive retard" as you so kindly put it. The person you quoted is a muslim, not an extremist. Do you even know the difference? Would you like me to draw you a picture so you don't have to read any long words?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by Gwampo
That is the funniest attempt at a movie I have ever seen!!

So this movie comes out, muslims get mad and kill an ambassador a country away from where the movie was released. This is a BIG step back for western/middle eastern relations..

The US should consider pulling out troops/ambassadors or seriously stepping up security around all assets in the entire middle east.

The movie is not funny. It is sad and immature. This is like making a movie about Jesus being a stupid homosexual. I'm sure plenty of Christians wouldn't be too happy about it. Infact, I bet it would be pulled off youtube the same day.

The US should consider leaving the middle east and worrying about the US.

But would they riot and kill people? Probably not. Especially considering they're the only accepted, main stream target of anti-religious bigotry and left wing intolerance. I'm blown away that you're actually blaming the movie maker and not the people committing violence.

What is it about Islam that attracts left wingers to defend it?

The liberals have an - unholy - alliance with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Sam Donaldson went over there and gave Al Jazzera a really big hug and kiss.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks for the response Xcathdra.

I was genuinely curious, and in no way thought you were completely wrong. It's just from my view of the situation at the time I did not see how the pastor from Florida could have had anything to do with th is, even though as I mentioned there could be a remote possibility even though I wasn't subscribing to the theories.

I have briefly browsed the links you mentioned, and plan on checking into them. I also thank you for acknowledging various other possibilities, as I was too lazy to provide some valid alternative reasons. I was impressed that you even explored the Israeli possibility which even I would not have brought up and I'm usually the first to blame Israel in certain situations.

I'm still not ready to commit to any specific reason yet but am willing to consider many of the possibilities that you and other posters have provided. My first thought once I heard of this earlier today was that Iran was going to be blamed by the West and Israel right away, but surprisingly this has not happened yet according to what I have seen so far.

This was a despicable act since ambassadors should never be held accountable for their countries actions so I hope the people who did this act meet some real justice.

Right now my most probable theory is that this was done by a rogue group of extremists who are trying to cause unrest in an already volatile region. I'm sure more details will be released as time passes but we all know to be hesitant when it comes to believing what the media tells us no matter which outlet it is.

My concern is that this incident will escalate and cause a back and forth game of tit for tat between US interests in Libya, and the extremists who committed this act and has the potential to spread beyond Libya into other parts of North Africa and beyond.

Please forgive my spelling as the browser I'm using at work does not work with the ATS spellcheck lol, no squigly red line for me

Peace.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What has happened is senseless, but I said before that Libya would regret ever getting rid of Gaddafi. What stability has it really brought to the nation? None. Gaddafi was spot when he said there are Al Queda terrorists operating within the rebellion and the vast majority of the rebels didn't even come from Libya. It was as if every terrorist across North Africa and the Middle East with a pair of Ray Bans sunglasses and Lebanese passport turned up for that fight.

As for the reaction by Muslims, well first fo all it was a reaction by extremist Muslims. Not every single Muslim across the planet went mental. You have to understand that Islam believes that it is the dominant religion and as such will never adopt liberal western ways, for example as Christianity has, because they believe that their religion is the definitive religion on the planet.

I have said it before that I don't believe every Muslim is an extremist, but every Muslim believes along the same lines, either moderately or extremely. The issue I have is that there is not one country that has a sizable Muslim population that has not seen serious unrest and conflict, not one. If I had not known better I would say Islam itself was set up by the CIA to create such unrest, its that definite.

Christianity may have done some terrible things in the past, but you rarely see Christian extremists carrying out horrific acts of brutality in today's world. NATO, US, Britain and the rest of the West may be destabilising countries, which I am 100% against, but that is not in the name of God, but in the name of US Imperialism. That does not make it right, but when the world sees military action bombing with collateral damage and when the world sees mobs committing killings, mutilations and bombings, what does the world see as the most brutal? Its about perception and this is where Islam is on the backfoot.

There are serious elements within Islam that are totally counter to any Humans peaceful way fo life. While education is lacking and technology still not reaching to all, the people across these nations will know no better. All they will know is a foreign army or a foreign enemy, mocking them, invading them, bombing them and killing them. While their elders and leaders give them the "true" interpretation of Islam. How else can they react?

Religion is not evil, but religion was used as a sword for so much death and barbarity during such dark and unenlightened times of centuries gone by. What changed is education and a gradually improving quality of life, neither truly exist to average people across North Africa, parts of Asia and the Middle East. Basically speaking, across the Islamic world.

Islam is in the 1400's in every possible way. Christianity moved with the times and so too many other religions, while others got left behind. Islam now is in serious trouble, secular attitudes will slowly creep in to the younger generations as technology and education becomes more readily available across the planet. There is always reason to leave religion and that reason is you have and want more from life than just being controlled. At the same time the spread of a different way of life is the tail end of American Imperialism sweeping the region to set up a nice little ambush for China. China is the last stand against America, once China falls, America will rule the world. We are all under control, its just the perception we crave.

So these extremists did what they felt they had to do, little known to them that their religion is already on a knife edge. Acting in such a way furthers the attacks against Islam and the damnation of its followers even though as I said, not every Muslim was up in arms. That doesn't matter, the American military machine will continue on, accept or die is the message, its as simple as that. America must encircle China, trivial matters such as followers of an archaic belief cannot stand between that victory. Who cares if these countries end up in ruin, its not the countries nor its people that is needed, but the perception must never be that, the perception must be the conformity to the Western way of life and that is what will attract many of the younger generations. As I said, not every Muslim was out in force, not even in Libya.

The bottom line is unless Islam or more to the point, Muslims, move swiftly with the times, it will fall the way of many relgions of the past, confined to a few pockets of tribal communities in the Arabian peninsular where it once spawned. This is not a war against Islam, it's a war for America.
edit on 12-9-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What a surprise....

I bet no one saw this coming.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I don't wanna attack you and spread hate.

I deleted all my reply to you.

Don't ever change your opinion or point of view, despite of someone not agreeing with you or thinking that you are wrong. It is up to those who read your words to judge them, accept them, and politely respond to them if they truly disagree.

There is no shame in having a different opinion, and there is no shame in sharing it.

Shame is with those who are so weak that they need to resort to "moral offense" and personal character attacks in order to portray their disguised hate.

If someone doesn't like what you say, too bad. It's up to them to deal with it in a humane and civilized way. Don't ever change your words or opinion just because someone can't deal with them and attacks you.

Respect.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We get hit when liberals are in charge.

Exactly why the election of WEAK leaders always makes the rest of the world happy.

I think Hillary Clinton just tossed the - reset button- in the trash.

The Muslim Brotherhood has played them for a fool.

I remember remarking suspicion of the "Arab Spring" several months ago on another website and I was castigated for being "bigoted" and "paranoid" and how the Arab Spring movement was filled with puppy-hugging freedom lovers and that the Muslim Brotherhood was a tiny fringe organization and would not have anything to do with the leadership post Arab Spring. Now look at the ME. Either the administration was ver stupid, or they wanted extremists to get more power. They supported the very people who called for the murder of our ambassador.

We will have to wait for more details but from what i see it was a joint effort by

the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda. They have played Obama for a fool.

The timing couldn't be worse for Obama.

The dead photo of State Dept. official Chris Stevens has hit the Drudge Report.

Hillary Clinton overruled congress and gave the Muslim Brotherhood over $1 Billion.

- U.S. Taxpayer Dollars ! -

I expect another attack very soon.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This thread is one more proof that the average I.Q. in America is in the 65-70 range.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

edit on 12-9-2012 by ragingeagles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Foxnews just broke / confirmed the US Ambassador to Libya has been killed. 3 Staff members have also been killed and 1 other staff member was killed earlier. The State department has only confirmed the Ambassador and the 1 staff member.

While I am for religious toleration I am done with these pathetic cowards who defile their own religion in the name of Allah. They need to pull their heads out of their asses or we can do it for them. If the goal is to get the US out of the region attacking US personnel, including diplomatic staff now, will not do it.

Apparently they failed to understand attacking an embassy under intrnational law is an act of war. I say, since they declared it, we finish it.

Libya should be given a choice -
Either do your job in protecting our Embassy and our personnel, including tracking these cowards down and holding them accountible...

Or we will do it for them.

I need to find it but the US Embassy released a press release basically apologizing for the "anti Islam movie" that was made. I was stunned when the White House and the State Department publically stated that release was not the position of the US government.

* Some Reference links *
US State Department - Diplomatic Mission to Libya - Overview
U.S. Embassy - Libya
Statement by Secretary Clinton on Embassy Attack
US Ambassador to Libya dies in rocket attack in benghazi
edit on 12-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

100% agreed. It's about time we raise our Embassy Marine guards from squads to a battalion or so each....with on call air support out of Italy or another appropriately convenient base.

It's ironic...one of the first wars the United States ever fought was on and around that soil. It was small in size but huge in meaning...and Jefferson cleaned their clock while helping to give the Marine Corps a fine and proud history to celebrate to this day. Now, it appears we need to go back.....OR LEAVE (My preference...) but, if we're going to stake our people out like sacrificial goats for feeding time, we damn sure have the moral and ethical obligation to supply their backup to see they aren't murdered in cold blood.

I was wondering... Why this location? Why the middle of the night? It sure didn't seem random..and now we know by the man died, it really couldn't have been. They chose THIS moment to attack a secondary compound? Yeah... We just had a U.S. Ambassador assassinated. Now, will our President respond or hide under his desk and pray for peace and mercy?

Our national future is defined in moments like this.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
This thread is one more proof that the average I.Q. in America is in the 65-70 range.

Ha!

WAR!!!! REVENGE!!!!!!! KILL!!!!!!!!! TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DO NOT APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!! WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join