It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We get hit when liberals are in charge.

Exactly why the election of WEAK leaders always makes the rest of the world happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Crap like this is why I think Ron Paul has the only good foriegn policy stance.

We meddle way too much in other countries affairs, and they are rightfully pissed off about it.

It's time to stop.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Let's rephrase it: the election of weak leaders makes the illuminati happy...

link   
An act of war on US sovereign territory. So what are we going to do about it? Apologize for bleeding all over the attackers?

link   
WORTH THE TIME
Now we know why Fox News never broadcast it as they originally planned to do.

*Remember all the notices we kept getting to watch Fox News on Sunday at 9PM? What Happened?*

*This is the clip that got pulled due to pressure from the Administration.*

*Obama Puts Heat on Fox News to Prevent Sean Hannity from airing this piece.*

*This is a video that Sean Hannity of FOX News has been trying to show that we are told has consistently been blocked by the Obama Administration for several weeks.*
*Watch it now before it gets pulled from the internet!

www.youtube.com...=28

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stonedogdiary

you are an absolute idiot if you didn't understand what i was trying to say.
your probably the same knee jerk 'jerk' who will spout out anti semetic crap about america backing isreal,and the zion ruling class of the world!
well here it is idiot! an american jew spending $5 million dollars,backed by a bunch of other rich american jews to make a $5000 stupid movie!
what part of murder in any of my posts did you think i was backing???

the people that killed the poor guy were gadafi sympathizers. guess who murdered gadalfi?

americans get all hog wild about illigal immigrants in their land (hell,even legal ones too!) but when america invades/occupies a foreign country,well then they are just spreading democracy!
ya right.they are there for money,land,and power.period!
and as for anyone saying there have been instances where christian and jewish prophets have been mocked with no reprocussions,maybe you should try to study history!
religion=man=evil!
a man who kills in the name of his god,has obviously missed the lesson!
mohammad-islam- you may only leave the battle field if your outnumbered 3-1
templars-christian warriors-you may only leave the battle field unless you are outnumbered 3-1
christ-christian-sell your possesions and buy weopons
jewish-book of numbers-after the slaughter of the midianites-moses tells his army commanders-now kill all the boys,and kill every woman who has slept with a man,but save every girl who has not been with a man.(numbers-31:17)
now explain to me how any other religion is better than another!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by burntheships

Apparently, the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't care about the Obama election in November.

They might miss all of that money he has been funneling to them if Romney is elected.

I heard the Mighty Muslim Brotherhood got over 1 Billion U.S. taxpayer dollars in Egypt.

They are now well funded and ready for battle.

That sounds right, yes.

Something tells me this is not about that movie, I think that is just hoopla, subterfuge.

Look, CNN just put this up,

a London think tank with strong ties to Libya speculated Wednesday that
Stevens was actually the victim of a targeted al Qaeda revenge attack.

The attack "came to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed
a few months ago," the think tank Quilliam said Wednesday.

It was "the work of roughly 20 militants, prepared for a military assault," the think tank said,
noting that rocket-propelled grenade launchers do not normally appear at peaceful protests,
and that there were no other protests against the film elsewhere in Libya.
www.cnn.com...

I am not buying the film as the reason they chose to murder Chris Stevens.

Of course, I see that Hillary has grabbed on to "outrageous content" being posted on the internet"
as a deplorable excuse, same as Obama. Not buying it, they will just use that to make
more laws, banning freedom of speech on the internet....can see that coming right now.

edit on 12-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I haven't seen the video that (allegedly) provoked this heinous, cowardly, malicious attack......but WTH people!!! I happen to be LDS, but you didn't see me trying to blow up the Eugene O'Neill Theater on Broadway. When will folks wake up and see that these people do NOT represent Islam...they are evil, total anarchists who use the slightest excuse for terrorizing the world. But will our current administration DO anything about it??? No, of course not...because lately we've not only be encouraging these factions...we're FINANCING them.

Please research and replay our beloved CIC's first foreign trips and hear, over and over again, his apologies for how awful OUR country is...why should this kind of attack surprise us? According to US apologists in the administration we probably deserve this...

The thought that there are people in this country who are actually wanting to keep the current admnistration in charge for another four years makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We get hit when liberals are in charge.

Exactly why the election of WEAK leaders always makes the rest of the world happy.

I think Hillary Clinton just tossed the - reset button- in the trash.

The Muslim Brotherhood has played them for a fool.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This thread has turned into nothing but a cess pool of political bashing. Seems the moderators here at ATS are slipping up.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

A photo of our dead state official has hit the internet.

Chris Stevens died from smoke inhalation. Others where shot and killed.

I don't expect any photos to appear on the front page of the New York Times.

- Full Damage Control Mode -

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
first we take libya,next we'll take iran!

god help us.

Yes, war plans are unfolding as planned.

Iran will be blamed for these events, so a pretext for invading Iran can be developed from here.

Never again, shall U.S. Ambassadors have to feel fear and be in danger of such actions. That will be the cry. We will go wiere these terrorists are and root them out. Well, they are all funded and instigated by Iran, so that's the next stop on the military timetable.

Remember, war has to start this winter. So, things have to move quickly from here.

This also means Obama loses the US elections. Failure to protect use personnel abroad, shows Obama's foreign policy is too weak, and doesn't engender respect, etc..So, it's back in for the Republicans, who love the show of force, and the heavy handed approach, etc...Romney is now a shoe in, guaranteed victory in Novemver.

War should start right after Romney is sworn in, most likely February/March 2013, no later than the end of March.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The Muslim Brotherhood has played them for a fool.

I'll say, and its beyond disgusting that Obama and Clinton are allowing
the media to propagandize that film. Its utter B.S. and they know it!

Playing the people for sheeple. They know the real reason this is going down!

I found the statement from the London Think Quilliam tank clearly stating this attack
is revenge for the takedown of Abu Yahya

The military assault against the US Consulate in Benghazi should not be seen as part of a protest against a low budget film which was insulting Islam – there were just a few peaceful protesters present at the event. Indeed, there have been no other demonstrations regarding this film in Libya.

We at Quilliam believe the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi was a well planned terrorist attack that would have occurred regardless of the demonstration, to serve another purpose. According to information obtained by Quilliam – from foreign sources and from within Benghazi – we have reason to believe that the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi came to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al-Qaeda’s second in command killed a few months ago.

The reasons for this are as follows:

•24 hours before this attack, none other than the leader of al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, released a video on Jihadist forums to mark the anniversary of 9/11. In this video, Zawahiri acknowledged the death of his second in command Abu Yahya and urged Libyans to avenge his killing.

•According to our sources, the attack was the work of roughly 20 militants, prepared for a military assault – it is rare that an RPG7 is present at a peaceful protest.

•According to our sources, the attack against the Consulate had two waves. The first attack led to US officials being evacuated from the consulate by Libyan security forces, only for the second wave to be launched against US officials after they were kept in a secure location.
www.quilliamfoundation.org...[editb y]edit on 12-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
This thread has turned into nothing but a cess pool of political bashing. Seems the moderators here at ATS are slipping up.

Oh yes, political bashing of Obama is completely wrong.

Bashing Gov. Romney on the other hand is kinda cool.

---------------
State department official Chris Stevens was murdered in Libya.

This happened on Obamas watch.

The big hug Obama gave the Muslim Brotherhood was a clear mistake.

Criticizing Obama for his policies is the correct thing to do.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Al Jazeera English: Live Stream
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Apparently they failed to understand attacking an embassy under intrnational law is an act of war. I say, since they declared it, we finish it.

Funny that I would have thought that arming a terrorist group in Libya and using it to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi could be seen as an act of war. He was loved by many people. A respected leader among African nations. If the USA had kept its nose out it would not be in this situation now...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Before I pile on Obama, need to find out in this was false flag, like maybe Israel starting # to get us involved re: Iran. I note that Obama dissed Bibi recently by refusing to meet with him; thus could very well be the response via Mossad and/or their cutouts. In any case, though, I do want our people defended. I want to see the assholes who did this killed. # diplomacy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has linked to this yet, but here are pictures of the ambassador's body being dragged by what appears to be a mob. Difficult to know for sure whether or not these were the perps or a group trying to get his body to a hospital.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Liveleak

-Mordeen

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It is actually an Israeli that has produced the film that all th e outrage is about.
Granted he is living in CA.

Source

Sam Bacile, 56, who described himself as an “Israeli Jew” who develops real estate in California, told the Associated Press by phone that he went into hiding Tuesday after assaults by conservative Muslims on U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya. In the Tuesday night attack on a consulate in Benghazi, Libya, U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed, along with three other Americans.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just read this on Al Jazeera's website and if true, it really troubles me.

If someone can disprove this is what was said, I would be thankful.

This is a snippet posted from Wanis al-Sharif, the Libyan deputy interior minister.

Addressing a press conference, Sharif blamed loyalists of former Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi for the attack, while stressing that the US should have removed its personnel from the country when news of the film's release broke.

"They are to blame simply for not withdrawing their personnel from the premises, despite the fact that there was a similar incident when [al-Qaeda second-in-command and Libyan citizen] Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed. It was necessary that they take precautions. It was their fault that they did not take the necessary precautions," he said.
www.aljazeera.com

"It was their fault that they did not take the necessary precautions"

Did he really say that? That's my question.

And just to note, he's also the one that stated:

members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attack.
cbsnews.com

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join