It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Paul Ryan Statement on GM's Announcement October 13, 2008 WASHINGTON - Wisconsin's 1st District Congressman Paul Ryan released the following statemtn regarding General Motors' decision to discontinue production of their current product at the Janesville Assembly Plant on December 23, 2008: "GM's decision to end production of their SUV's at the end of this year gets at the heart of our economic crisis. Today's announcement is disappointing, although not surprising given the drop-off of sales of SUV's. I will continue to do all that I can to support those in our community hit hardest by this loss, as we work to rebuild and revitalize Southern Wisconsin. "Contrary to headlines I've read this morning, it is also critical to note that this accelerated timeline applies only to the current SUV product at the plant. I am encouraged by the tireless work of state, local, and union leaders who have offered a comprehensive incentives package to GM to bring another product to the plant. GM and local officials have continued their dialogue on keeping GM in Janesville, and I am hopeful that their talks will be successful. "
Originally posted by Ben81
because they want to push a revolution in america
Received this from my friend in Tampa... a message that is circulating among delegates. Send them a prayer or positive waves or whatever else you think might help!
Fellow Washington State Delegates, Alternates, Guests, I’m proud to inform you that you presence is requested at today’s press conference and Walk-In at the Forum. Here are the basic details:
What: Grassroots Republican Press Conference and Walk-In
When: 6:00pm (please plan to be there by 5:00pm, to ensure you are not late. Some are aiming to be there by 4pm.)
Where: On the large deck outside the doors of Entrance B at the Forum.
Why: To show the large number of people concerned with the RNC’s power grab and corruption, to release a press statement with important grievances, to engage in media interviews, and to stage a coordinated “Walk-In” before the 7pm start of today’s session.
Please spread the word every way you can. Tell media contacts in general terms the who, what, when, where of is going to take place. Work to get as many non-Paul grassroots Republicans (e.g., Tea Party and other principles-oriented Republicans) to be there. This is NOT about Ron Paul, this is about stating the opposition of the grassroots to the RNC corruption and power grab.
Reality Check tonight will blow your mind.. This week in Tampa for the Republicans very well is the start of a political revolution
Are you kidding me? We have a dozen Democrat party networks constantly lying and running cover for anything that makes Obama look bad. how could you possibly think the right, with their one network, have the market cornered. you boggle my mind with this crap!
Is Ryan a Commie in Disguise?? NO!
He even broke with his party -- and his future presidential running mate Mitt Romney -- to vote in Congress for a $15 billion federal bailout for GM and Chrysler as they teetered on the edge of insolvency.
Along with the auto bailout vote, Ryan voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the $700 billion bank bailout that is anathema to Tea Party conservatives. He opposed Obama's 2009 stimulus effort, but his office sought to secure funding once it was signed into law.
Analysis of the fact that Ryan can lie the way he does requires the skills of a psychologist. All I can say is that we’re in new territory—a Republican trying to own a Democratic issue, and doing so on the basis of a couple of lies so blatant that he’s practically saying to the Democrats and the media: “# you, come and get me. You can’t touch me.”
reply to post by PvtHudson
Funny how we dont see that same hatred and anger towards Biden, who gets a total pass and cover from the Democrat party MSM.
1. “A downgraded America.” Ryan blamed the president for the nation’s credit downgrade in August 2011 after Republicans threatened to allow the government to default on its debt for the first time in history. But the ratings agency explicitly blamed “Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal.”
2. “More debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.” Romney has made the almost identical claim, that Obama has amassed more debt “as almost all of the other presidents combined.” But their math doesn’t add up: when Obama took office, the national debt was $10.626 trillion. It has increased to slightly above $15 trillion.
3. Shuttered General Motors plant is “one more broken promise.” Ryan described a GM plant that closed down in his hometown, Janesville, Wisconsin, and blamed Obama for breaking his promise to keep the plant open when he visited during his campaign. But Obama never made that promise, and the plant shut down in December 2008, before Obama even took office.
4. Obama “did exactly nothing” on Bowles-Simpson. Ryan said, “He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.” In fact, Ryan was instrumental in sabotaging the commission, leading the other House Republicans in voting against the plan.
5. “$716 billion, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama.” Ryan’s favorite lie is a deliberate distortion of Obamacare’s savings from eliminating inefficiencies. Furthermore, Ryan’s own plan for Medicare includes these savings. Romney has vowed to restore these cuts, which would render the trust fund insolvent 8 years ahead of schedule.
6. “The greatest of all responsibilities is that of the strong to protect the weak.” Ryan closed the speech with an invocation of social responsibility, saying, “The truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.” However, numerous clergy members have condemned Ryan’s budget plan as “cruel,” and “an immoral disaster” because of its devastating cuts in social programs the poor and sick rely on. Meanwhile, Ryan would give ultra-rich individuals and corporations $3 trillion in tax breaks.
Originally posted by PvtHudson
Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by PvtHudson
I'm sorry, you must not have been following the news when Atkin made the legitimate rape and subsequent organ shutdown comments.
That's one guy. Why are you repeating the MSM talking points? Why are you trying to assign blame to a whole group of people based on one idiot? Not to mention that idiot was refuted by the people you're trying smear.
Originally posted by babybunnies
Paul Ryan "My playlist starts with AC/DC and ends with Zepellin".
He even outsources his music. If I were running for Vice President, I'd probably mention AMERICAN rock bands, not Australian and English ones.
Originally posted by pajoly
I can't hep but notice the Romney/Ryan fans and disciples on the Right are oddly quiet. An article from FOX calling out their champion has them in a stunned stupor.