It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News and Others Take Ryan to the Woodshed for "Blatant Lies." ...Seriously, FOX News.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Way to ramp up the divisiveness. You do realize that Democrats are Americans too right? This is one of the many reasons why we are doomed. Both hardcore dems and hardcore repubs are too stupid to stop fighting each other and start fighting the real enemy. Which is the government which uses both of you against each other. *shakes her head*

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Boy you know you're a horrible republican candidate when FOX news calls you out.

And the scary thing is, the Romney/Ryan clan will still vote for these dips@#$s. You can throw these facts at them all day long and they will still refuse to accept the truth. I couldn't stomach watching the RNC. It literally made me sick to my stomach. Ryan spewed out one lie after another. He told the crowd exactly what they wanted to hear regardless of any of it being truthful. How in the hell do Romney voters not see this? Why would
ANYONE still want to vote for this guy?? it makes absolutely no sense unless you're extremely wealthy.
I completely understand ones frustrations with Obama but he doesn't come close to how evil
Romney/Ryan are. Obama looks like Mary Poppins compared to those demons. Holy snikees!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I was blaming all of the idiots, not just one. I was showing that, based on the words of several republicans, it appears as if, for the second time in 4 years, they don't want to win the election.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A list of sites exposing the multitude of lies in Ryan's speech; (part of the list is from D.U.)

Dave Weigel, Slate.com:
"incredible string of false or misleading statements"

Joan Walsh, Salon.com:
"His Republican National Convention speech was stunning for its dishonesty"

Jonathan Cohn:
The Most Dishonest Convention Speech ... Ever?

TPM:
Top 5 Fibs In Paul Ryan’s Convention Speech

Michael Tomasky, the Daily Beast:
"Paul Ryan pushed American politics into new territory with his convention speech, effectively daring Democrats and the media to call him out on his string of blatant falsehoods"

Jonatha n Bernstein, the Washington Post:
Paul Ryan fails -- the truth

AP:
FACT CHECK: Convention speakers stray from reality

Dan Amira, NY Magazine:
Paul Ryan Bets on the Ignorance of America

Fox News contributor, Sally Kohn:
“Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.”

Steve Benen, Maddowblog:
Paul Ryan stands on a foundation of lies

Huffington Post:
PAUL TALES: RYAN MISLEADS, AGAIN AND AGAIN

Politicsusa:
5 Biggest lies in Romney’s speech:

Bob Cesca:
Paul Ryan’s Speech: Lies, Lies and More Lies

Washington Post Editorial Board:
Mr. Ryan’s misleading speech

Factcheck.org
“Paul Ryan’s acceptance speech at the Republican convention contained several false claims and misleading statements.”

Photo: Headline from Huffington Post

BUSTED: RYAN SPEECH FOOLS NO ONE

'Outright, Unflinching Dishonesty'...

'Hypocritical'...

'Bets On Ignorance'...

'Breathtakingly Dishonest'...

'Most Dishonest Convention Speech Ever?'...

'Deep Dishonesty'...

Misleads Again And Again...

Romney Pollster: We Will Not 'Be Dictated By Fact-Checkers'

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here's a fun picture. ....Let's see Mr. Ryan, what did you say about Obama and that plant closing? Read the banner.

Oh, and by the way, did you forget about your own press release? Here's a reminder for you Mr. Ryan.

Paul Ryan Statement on GM's Announcement October 13, 2008 WASHINGTON - Wisconsin's 1st District Congressman Paul Ryan released the following statemtn regarding General Motors' decision to discontinue production of their current product at the Janesville Assembly Plant on December 23, 2008: "GM's decision to end production of their SUV's at the end of this year gets at the heart of our economic crisis. Today's announcement is disappointing, although not surprising given the drop-off of sales of SUV's. I will continue to do all that I can to support those in our community hit hardest by this loss, as we work to rebuild and revitalize Southern Wisconsin. "Contrary to headlines I've read this morning, it is also critical to note that this accelerated timeline applies only to the current SUV product at the plant. I am encouraged by the tireless work of state, local, and union leaders who have offered a comprehensive incentives package to GM to bring another product to the plant. GM and local officials have continued their dialogue on keeping GM in Janesville, and I am hopeful that their talks will be successful. "

Maybe that will jog your memory Ryan.
edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
because they want to push a revolution in america

You nailed it. The only real question is to what extent?

The GOP violated their own rules in order to make new rules to make sure they had their Nominee. It's criminal, and even the NON Ron Paul people have now seen it. The cat is out of the bag and people are concerned. Check out what just appeared an hour ago on the "Blue Republican" facebook page.

Received this from my friend in Tampa... a message that is circulating among delegates. Send them a prayer or positive waves or whatever else you think might help!

Fellow Washington State Delegates, Alternates, Guests, I’m proud to inform you that you presence is requested at today’s press conference and Walk-In at the Forum. Here are the basic details:

What: Grassroots Republican Press Conference and Walk-In
When: 6:00pm (please plan to be there by 5:00pm, to ensure you are not late. Some are aiming to be there by 4pm.)
Where: On the large deck outside the doors of Entrance B at the Forum.
Why: To show the large number of people concerned with the RNC’s power grab and corruption, to release a press statement with important grievances, to engage in media interviews, and to stage a coordinated “Walk-In” before the 7pm start of today’s session.

Please spread the word every way you can. Tell media contacts in general terms the who, what, when, where of is going to take place. Work to get as many non-Paul grassroots Republicans (e.g., Tea Party and other principles-oriented Republicans) to be there. This is NOT about Ron Paul, this is about stating the opposition of the grassroots to the RNC corruption and power grab.

Notice they are looking for NON Ron Paul people. Just regular grassroots Republicans.

Then this from Newscaster and "Reality Check" host Benn Swann's facebook page...

Reality Check tonight will blow your mind.. This week in Tampa for the Republicans very well is the start of a political revolution

Personally I think things are heating up and the slow boiling pot of water is heating up just a bit more, and this is not about Ron Paul. He is retired. He will not run again. It's over. This is about an idea, Liberty. The corruption has been exposed. The curtain was drawn back and everyone got a look. You can not cover it back up again and say, Oh you didn't see that!"

I think there was an angle here that many of us did not consider. Now that Ron Paul is retired, there is no more knight in shining armor to "save us". Now if you want change, people will have to deal with the one thing they never wanted to deal with from the start.... the actual corruption. There is no Superhero, there is no one people can look to and say, "next time I'm voting for/ working harder for ...". We reached the end of line in hope. There is no one left that people think can do the job for us. Now that people are coming to this realization, where does it go from here?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? We have a dozen Democrat party networks constantly lying and running cover for anything that makes Obama look bad. how could you possibly think the right, with their one network, have the market cornered. you boggle my mind with this crap!

I'm a sick junkie. I watch both FOX and MSNBC. I read Drudge, Red State, Huff Post, TPM. Occasionally I grind through KOS, though I find it shrill. I read blogs on all sides. I'm 48 and I've been plugged in for a long time. Your statement is just wrong. I see FOX entertainers (not guys like Baier and certainly not Shep. Brit Hume is okay but clearly partisan, which is fine so long as he's truthful) DAILY lying, distorting, omitting, yanking out of context, etc. I have never once seen Rachel Maddow do it. Schultz gets too emotional and blow hardy, but I find him honest.

I'm gonna plug someone you may not know on MSNBC. Chris Hayes is brilliant, earnest, erudite and insightful, but unless you are well-read you won't relate and he will intimidate you intellectually even if your conscious mind does not know it. He's highly educated and it is reflected in his diction. He is not pretentious about it, that's just the way he is and I'm sure his family sounds like that around his dinner table. There are academics in the world and you should not be afraid of them such that you blow them off by calling them elites. You want smart people informing you and you SHOULD want smart people leading you (main reason Sarah Palin was so terrifying was because anyone with 1/4 of a brain knows she's a complete, incurious idiot) and I presume you don't denigrate great learning if your kid needs brain surgery. This does not make them BETTER than you though, just more classically informed and articulate and their opinions are worth consideration because they DO know more than most of us about the topics they discuss. Those same people should respect the working class too and guys like him clearly do.

O'Donnell rides the edge and I have seen him toy with context, but seldom so blunt as anything out of Hannity, O'Reilly or the dolts on the morning show. Reilly is such a sloppy liar he'll rant one day on something, but the next day he'll do the thing he ranted against and pretended anything he did before never happened. In other words, the people on FOX are complete liars, never consistent (if their side does something they literally ignore it, if the other side does it they get biblically self-righteous. I have NEVER seen that behavior out of anyone on MSNBC.

I should note there is Obermann, who is brilliant but just exhausting. He hissy fits constantly and goes off too half-cocked and gets kicked off his shows habitually. I don't watch him any more, but I'd never call him a liar. Loose cannon though, you bet.

As for CNN. Most of the anchors go way overboard trying not to show bias that it ends looking silly. I think Blitzer would literally not follow up if someone said the sky was pink with green polkadots, but would instead repeat that back to an opposing pundit and ask for his opinion. King is wooden an stale now, too distracting and in love with his screen gadgets. I like Anderson. He has some balls.

My guess is you read and watch one side only, so all you see of the other side are out of context things warped through the careful filter of FOX.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
O

M

G

Fox news is dissing Ryan, who did he piss off?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Is Ryan a Commie in Disguise?? NO!

No, but he sure is a collectivist trying to parade around as free market.

It's funny that the gov can bail out the banks with no strings attached, but in order to do so for the car plants they had to cut jobs, wages, and pensions.

Oh, and......PAUL RYAN VOTED FOR THE AUTO BAILOUT lol.

He even broke with his party -- and his future presidential running mate Mitt Romney -- to vote in Congress for a $15 billion federal bailout for GM and Chrysler as they teetered on the edge of insolvency.

Along with the auto bailout vote, Ryan voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the $700 billion bank bailout that is anathema to Tea Party conservatives. He opposed Obama's 2009 stimulus effort, but his office sought to secure funding once it was signed into law.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Analysis of the fact that Ryan can lie the way he does requires the skills of a psychologist. All I can say is that we’re in new territory—a Republican trying to own a Democratic issue, and doing so on the basis of a couple of lies so blatant that he’s practically saying to the Democrats and the media: “# you, come and get me. You can’t touch me.”

That quote is from Michael Tomasky of the Daily Beast

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Funny how we dont see that same hatred and anger towards Biden, who gets a total pass and cover from the Democrat party MSM.

Maybe that's because Biden is an honorable man, albeit one who steps in it on occasion. But he's extremely knowledgeable on foreign policy and has a working class touch. He also has a long serving career in public service that he never tried to turn into lobbying gold. He is not a wealthy man.

No comparison to Palin, who is intellectually incurious, so much so that when picked for VP she'd never been overseas. Never studied national policy. She is a quitter who has proven her ignorance time and time again that even the Right intellectuals think she is a joke. She is a sad opportunist and failed reality TV flunkie who will do anything for a buck. She is unreliable, failing to show for scheduled appearances, famously diva-esque. Terrified of media except fawning FOX who she knows won't ask her any real questions. She's one of those people (and we all know them), who is so literally dumb she is not even aware of how foolish she sounds.

Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks for laying that out for us Blackmarketeer!

What astonishes me is not that he lied, (how many politicians have told bold-faced lies, and even repeated them in a dreary sing-song throughout their careers?); it's just that so many media outlets have called him out on it, have chimed up in one voice and called him a liar!

This is virtually unheard of! It seems the information age has just reached a nodal point. We are recognizing one reality - and not the one we've been spoon fed ad nauseum.

I sincerely hope it is the start of a new day in media integrity.

SIX WORST LIES IN RYAN'S SPEECH

1. “A downgraded America.” Ryan blamed the president for the nation’s credit downgrade in August 2011 after Republicans threatened to allow the government to default on its debt for the first time in history. But the ratings agency explicitly blamed “Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal.”

2. “More debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.” Romney has made the almost identical claim, that Obama has amassed more debt “as almost all of the other presidents combined.” But their math doesn’t add up: when Obama took office, the national debt was $10.626 trillion. It has increased to slightly above $15 trillion.

3. Shuttered General Motors plant is “one more broken promise.” Ryan described a GM plant that closed down in his hometown, Janesville, Wisconsin, and blamed Obama for breaking his promise to keep the plant open when he visited during his campaign. But Obama never made that promise, and the plant shut down in December 2008, before Obama even took office.

4. Obama “did exactly nothing” on Bowles-Simpson. Ryan said, “He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.” In fact, Ryan was instrumental in sabotaging the commission, leading the other House Republicans in voting against the plan.

5. “$716 billion, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama.” Ryan’s favorite lie is a deliberate distortion of Obamacare’s savings from eliminating inefficiencies. Furthermore, Ryan’s own plan for Medicare includes these savings. Romney has vowed to restore these cuts, which would render the trust fund insolvent 8 years ahead of schedule.

6. “The greatest of all responsibilities is that of the strong to protect the weak.” Ryan closed the speech with an invocation of social responsibility, saying, “The truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.” However, numerous clergy members have condemned Ryan’s budget plan as “cruel,” and “an immoral disaster” because of its devastating cuts in social programs the poor and sick rely on. Meanwhile, Ryan would give ultra-rich individuals and corporations $3 trillion in tax breaks.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Crakeur

I'm sorry, you must not have been following the news when Atkin made the legitimate rape and subsequent organ shutdown comments.

That's one guy. Why are you repeating the MSM talking points? Why are you trying to assign blame to a whole group of people based on one idiot? Not to mention that idiot was refuted by the people you're trying smear.

Ryan said that rape is "just another way of impregnation" or something like that, see the exact quote in this thread. Is he different from the person you call an "idiot"? Hardly.

Where does it stop? Anal rape is another form of enema?

GOP is a funky bunch, to be sure.

Need to smear? Nuh, they are doing a fine job of that themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Maybe those workers thought? He will save us. He is saying what we want to hear. There is hope. There is going to be change.

Maybe, just maybe this crew of hard working Americans thought all the crap they were hearing was about hope and change was for real. So they said lets vote for that guy - what a mistake and misunderstanding - period.

Pretty smart for Obama to address these people of hopelessness with all the BS he had to dish out. My point is they all lie in some form or another - not just the republicans.

Oh, and by the way - if you are listening to the Tampa RNC you might of heard people on stage state, in their words, the real life accomplishments of Mitt Romney - but maybe all those people are lying too LOL

I want to hear all about the community organizers accomplishments and experience when they have the DNC.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Paul Ryan "My playlist starts with AC/DC and ends with Zepellin".

He even outsources his music. If I were running for Vice President, I'd probably mention AMERICAN rock bands, not Australian and English ones.

Thats a close minded statement ...Music have no borders and nations!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is relevant. Bear with me.

On the morning of December 31st, 1999, I was watching Y2K unfold. Brian Jennings (might have been Brokaw, but I'm pretty sure it was Jennings) was showing a live feed from Tokyo as it turned midnight there. As I watched the celebration a blue cartoon soccer ball bounced into the image from the right of the screen, followed by a blue-haired anime character who kicked the soccer ball directly at the camera. The feed cut off and there sat Mr. Jennings with a total lack of expression. Not a wooden expression or a deer-in-the-headlights expression. As a veteran, what I saw at that moment was a paragon of discipline. It took him about a second and a half to decide what to talk about and then he was off and running exactly as if nothing unexpected and computer-related had happened.

Nothing bad happened anywhere on Earth that day. Apparently.

That's when I realized the level of control exerted over the news outlets. Now,all of a sudden, today, it's okay to call out a prominent liar in the news. They can even use the word "lie". All over the place. At the same time. When I see forces like this at work so openly I feel like my dog does when there's a thunderstorm.

I'll be under the bed.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Don't be sucked in by this. The main stream media is still as corrupt, sold-out and soul-less
as ever. They are projecting this aspect to manipulate you in a certain, pre-determined direction.
We just don't (for the most part) see their bigger picture, is all.

I could tell you exactly what this is about, but you wouldn't believe me.

Check my post history, if interested.

The U.S. Falls This Year. For Certain.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
I can't hep but notice the Romney/Ryan fans and disciples on the Right are oddly quiet. An article from FOX calling out their champion has them in a stunned stupor.

Aww, are you stomping your little feets because you didn't piss anybody off?

I won't comment because I know the political system in the US is a scam. I didn't even know who Paul Ryan was prior to his selection so I really don't care. Hell, 4 years later and I still don't know who Obama is.

Both sides are full of *hit. Romney buys a business, lays some people off and trims the fat to make it profitable and he's Satan. Obama buys 25% of GM, gives them billions in operating capital, closes dozens of plants putting tens of thousand out of work, all at the expense of the American people, and he's a hero. Face it; very few people will acknowledge the truth about their party of choice.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
And yet the conversation still rolls on, framed around "Fox News said..."

No, Fox News didn't say jack #. A liberal commentator wrote an opinion piece on the Fox website.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Maybe Fox News is getting tired of protecting all the dumb things the Republican candidates are doing. It is making Fox look bad because most people can see these misconseptions and the cover up by Fox. Maybe they are starting to get their souls back at Fox. I think that the Media should say the truth as they see it happening. Sure it is possible to misinterpret something once in a while, that's human. I don't think it is possible that Ryan could have misinterpreted this much of what is going on. If he did then he doesn't belong in congress. I can't see him getting a promotion to VP to get him out of congress either. I know, you have to promote someone who disrupts the workers, it's a normal business tactic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join