It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News and Others Take Ryan to the Woodshed for "Blatant Lies." ...Seriously, FOX News.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Worth a read, especially if you are convinced you know the truth.

The Media's 'Fact Check' Smokescreen

news.investors.com...

In any case, Obama himself admitted that he's doing what Ryan says. In a November 2009 interview with ABC News, reporter Jake Tapper said to Obama that "one-third of the funding comes from cuts to Medicare," to which Obama's response was: "Right."

Jake Tapper is one of the few real journalists out there. They are hard to find.

Obama is stealing from the MediCare Piggy Bank.

Paul Ryan is right and so was Clint Eastwood last night. CSPAN put it on Youtube.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Personally, I think everyone should contact Sally Kohn who wrote this and provide her with a guide on how to "fact check" at...

[email protected]

I'm guessing she'll still be asked for her opinion, but she will no longer be labeled as a fact checker for sure!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Not half of the big corporations are going to listen to Romney. He has a pipe dream. The only way to fix this is to import the jobs back to this country. Romney is being deceived by many of these corporations. If they were to try to fix this without bringing back factory jobs, all the big corporations would flop. I'd like to see particulars on his plan. I think it is a campaign promise that cannot work to create a long term stable country.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I find severe flaws with both policies. If someone would just start something like the CETA program again instead of giving more unemployment benies this thing might have recovered better. Problem is it cut into big business profits last time and those campaign contributors don't want that.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
No surprise. You don't become powerful in politics by being a honest upstanding individual.

Unless your name is Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was a disenfranchised Republican who voted for Obama.

It didn’t take long before I realized that the promise of “Hope and Change” was quickly co-opted by the Democratic Party agenda. So bleak is reality. So disappointing that Obama had a once in a century super majority and tremendous political capital and wasted it. Something happens to candidates from the time they win the Presidential election and the time they take the oath of office – or at least something happened to Obama. He changed.

Now that the savior is nearly gone, having sacrificed his agenda for “The Party”, with nearly no accomplishments and many failures to show for his effort, we alone are left holding the bag to make excuses to validate the Democratic Party and Obamas poor choices.

In the wake of that massive disappointment, it is only natural that we are inclined to turn that anger on the Republicans and denigrate their message as lies, bigotry, racism and elitism.

Not me.

Like a lot of Republicans and Independents I re-thought my decision and have come to my senses. Our disappointment in Obama is justified and the Repblicans have nothing to do with it. The Democrats have a winner in Hillary but they still are making poor choices.

Meanwhile the Republicans now have the message of hope, the message of responsibility, the message of change in Washington and what’s more they have the team to get it done not just talk about it.

Now the only “Hope and Change” refers to the “Hope” that the Democrats will come to their senses and one of the candidates for re-election will “Change” to Hillary Clinton.

If you don’t come to your senses soon as I did your Hope and Change will be down around your ankles leaving you feeling exposed and foolish.

Who will you blame then?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Not half of the big corporations are going to listen to Romney. He has a pipe dream. The only way to fix this is to import the jobs back to this country. Romney is being deceived by many of these corporations. If they were to try to fix this without bringing back factory jobs, all the big corporations would flop. I'd like to see particulars on his plan. I think it is a campaign promise that cannot work to create a long term stable country.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I find severe flaws with both policies. If someone would just start something like the CETA program again instead of giving more unemployment benies this thing might have recovered better. Problem is it cut into big business profits last time and those campaign contributors don't want that.

Something you should know:

Standby for Tax Repatriation Holiday #2 is on the way

George W. Bush did it once. $$$ Billions returned to the USA.

Also, standby for Drill - Baby - Drill.

$2 a gallon gas will give Americans more disposable income.

Bush Tax Cuts will be extended. We won't slip back into a recession.

Our future is bright.

----------
Obama is a complete failure and everybody knows it. Clint Eastwood told America that

last night.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

People have been trying to repay their debt. This trend will continue no matter who wins in November. 2 buck a gallon gas means more debt repayed. Look at trends, all things have to be considered. On top of that the oil speculators are the ones driving up gas prices, the only way to lower prices is to get government control over this. Some of the biggest money are tied up in this and they aren't going to get out of it without a fight. Nobody can control this mess we are in. I see you believe in pipe dreams on occasion.

I did not see anywhere in Clints speech where he said Obama was a complete failure. He did say that what Obama tried to do didn't seem to work. He also said it is time to try a change.

edit on 31-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

People have been trying to repay their debt. This trend will continue no matter who wins in November. 2 buck a gallon gas means more debt repayed. Look at trends, all things have to be considered. On top of that the oil speculators are the ones driving up gas prices, the only way to lower prices is to get government control over this. Some of the biggest money are tied up in this and they aren't going to get out of it without a fight. Nobody can control this mess we are in. I see you believe in pipe dreams on occasion.

I did not see anywhere in Clints speech where he said Obama was a complete failure. He did say that what Obama tried to do didn't seem to work. He also said it is time to try a change.

edit on 31-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

OOPS! You are upside down and backwards.

President George W. Bush lifted the moratorium on offshore drilling in July 2008.

The speculators swung into action and sent the price of gas into a freefall.

Gas went from $4.11 a gallon down to $1.61 a gallon in a few months!

Check GasBuddy.com.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What are you talking about, I was there also to experience that. It jumped UP a buck and a half because of speculation within the months preceeding the gas going over four bucks a gallon. What Bush and CONGRESS did was to threaten the speculators with control and it dropped back down. Don't try to pull that kind of cheap deceit on me to quiet me, I have a memory like an elephant. If you were not aware, then maybe you should research what happened in the months before. That quick rise in prices was considered to be a contributing factor in the destabilization of our economy which led to the 2008 recession forming.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What are you talking about, I was there also to experience that. It jumped UP a buck and a half because of speculation within the months preceeding the gas going over four bucks a gallon. What Bush and CONGRESS did was to threaten the speculators with control and it dropped back down. Don't try to pull that kind of cheap deceit on me to quiet me, I have a memory like an elephant. If you were not aware, then maybe you should research what happened in the months before. That quick rise in prices was considered to be a contributing factor in the destabilization of our economy which led to the 2008 recession forming.

Go to Gas Buddy.com and stop pontificating on ATS.

Don't fear history.

Why did the price of gas fall from $4.11 to $1.61 in a few months back in July 2008?

There must be a reason.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vexatious Vex
This story digs deeper into Fox's big problem...

I read that piece. Really fascinating to see what lengths FOX is going to in a failed effort to quash the Kohn article. I concede now that FOX News likely was not aware the article was going up or had a rogue editor allow it to slip through in the dark of night. They've been trying to kill it since, but can't delete it now because that would strip away the last vestige of their claim to be "fair and balanced." We all know that's a sham, but it gives them plausible deniability. As it is, they are manipulating trending articles on their site to make that one rank much lower. Really interesting read.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Perhaps the fact checkers should check their own facts first. Ryan didn't lie at all. The media just lies about him:

Journalism: If media "fact checkers" are just impartial guardians of the truth, how come they got their own facts wrong about Paul Ryan's speech, and did so in a way that helped President Obama's re-election effort?

Case in point was the rush of "fact check" stories claiming Ryan misled when he talked about a shuttered auto plant in his home state.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler posted a piece — "Ryan misleads on GM plant closing in hometown" — saying Ryan "appeared to suggest" that Obama was responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wis.

"That's not true," Kessler said. "The plant was closed in December 2008, before Obama was sworn in."

What's not true are Kessler's "facts." Ryan didn't suggest Obama was responsible for shuttering the plant. Instead, he correctly noted that Obama promised during the campaign that the troubled plant "will be here for another hundred years" if his policies were enacted.

Also, the plant didn't close in December 2008. It was still producing cars until April 2009.

Read the rest here

edit on 8/31/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I see the Right sycophants are out in force playing Orwell again. Some of us are not so stupid as to fall for your ridiculous double speak. The Right lives in opposite world.

Next thing you'll tell me is that Romney did not lie when he said Obama raised taxes for the middle class, when in fact he lowered them and has keep the "payroll tax cut" in place in spite of the Right trying to let it expire (they say we can't afford it) and the same time they demand the cuts for the rich to be made permanent, because somehow we can afford that, even though it is THE SINGLE GREATEST SOURCE of the budget explosion.

It would be much more enjoyable debating you guys if you were smarter and not just parrots squawking talking points..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Like a lot of Republicans and Independents I re-thought my decision and have come to my senses. Our disappointment in Obama is justified and the Repblicans have nothing to do with it.

So you entirely discount the reality (as stated by McConnell, etc.) that the Right's first and only mission was to make sure they cooperated on nothing? You assign no blame to a group who votes against the exact bills and policies they themselves once endorsed, sponsored and even wrote? You are willing to give a pass even knowing the Right held a high level meeting ON THE DAY OF OBAMA'S inauguration that they would oppose him in everything, even those things they once ARDENTLY supported, even before they knew what he'd be proposing -- simply deciding that WHATEVER he'd be for, they come out against it? You assign zero culpability even in the face of all that, of all the evidence that shows without a doubt that the Right put party over country and made the strategic decision to do that?

This point is the most single and astonishing fact that discredits EVERYTHING the Right has to say about Obama being a failure. And in my eyes, it is what makes the modern Right literal saboteurs and traitors. And ANY Republican that did not play their diabolical and cynical game was removed.

I don't expect the ill informed, of which a great many post here, to get his. The concept is maybe too deep for them. But, make no mistake, history will record the modern Right as a stain on the Republic.

This is the one of the principal reasons that thoughtful independents like me stopped voting for Republicans after the first Bush 43 term.

...and then, I should add, that the Right used this strategy to great affect, to win a landslide in the 2010 elections on a platform of jobs, jobs, jobs, then going on to filibuster more times in two years than far more than the history history of the U.S. combined and wasting money and time voting on at least 40 "social" issues like abortion-related things, completely ignoring their jobs pledge. Yes, they know the American public is either too apathetic to learn facts or too stupid plus having the memory of a gnat.

I'll rant further and point out all these people are mostly also chicken hawks, banging war drums that they or their children will never fight in at the same time trying to cut veterans care. These same "pro-lifers" dance around like drunk fools every time an electric chair buzzes, at every instance of an innocent wedding party being blown to smithereens in Afghanistan, claiming God's wrath. These same people yell, "Amen!!" every time a preacher says to deny homosexuals the right to love another. And these are the very same people who tsk, tsk and preen about pities of small government while voting in Nazi lock step for the government to shove ultrasounds in to women's vaginas and dictate to whom they can marry, what God they can pray too, and by the way, never encountered an unfunded bill under Bush they they did not run screaming to support.

Hypocrites, frauds and cowards the lot of them.

I am supposed to be civil and have respect for these people?
edit on 31-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Perhaps the fact checkers should check their own facts first. Ryan didn't lie at all. The media just lies about him:

Journalism: If media "fact checkers" are just impartial guardians of the truth, how come they got their own facts wrong about Paul Ryan's speech, and did so in a way that helped President Obama's re-election effort?

Case in point was the rush of "fact check" stories claiming Ryan misled when he talked about a shuttered auto plant in his home state.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler posted a piece — "Ryan misleads on GM plant closing in hometown" — saying Ryan "appeared to suggest" that Obama was responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wis.

"That's not true," Kessler said. "The plant was closed in December 2008, before Obama was sworn in."

What's not true are Kessler's "facts." Ryan didn't suggest Obama was responsible for shuttering the plant. Instead, he correctly noted that Obama promised during the campaign that the troubled plant "will be here for another hundred years" if his policies were enacted.

Also, the plant didn't close in December 2008. It was still producing cars until April 2009.

Read the rest here

edit on 8/31/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Well, why did you have to bring up the truth? We were having a wonderful time bashing

Paul Ryan and you had to spoil everything with the whole truth.

Thanks a bunch !

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

I see the Right sycophants are out in force playing Orwell again. Some of us are not so stupid as to fall for your ridiculous double speak. The Right lives in opposite world.

Next thing you'll tell me is that Romney did not lie when he said Obama raised taxes for the middle class, when in fact he lowered them and has keep the "payroll tax cut" in place in spite of the Right trying to let it expire (they say we can't afford it) and the same time they demand the cuts for the rich to be made permanent, because somehow we can afford that, even though it is THE SINGLE GREATEST SOURCE of the budget explosion.

It would be much more enjoyable debating you guys if you were smarter and not just parrots squawking talking points..

Sorry but your buddy Obama has crashed and burned.

His record is a disaster. Clint Eastwood fired Obama last night.

" When someone does not do the job, you got to let them go."

Obama played 104 rounds of golf instead of doing his job. He's fired.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are willing to give a pass even knowing the Right held a high level meeting ON THE DAY OF OBAMA'S inauguration that they would oppose him in everything, even those things they once ARDENTLY supported, even before they knew what he'd be proposing -- simply deciding that WHATEVER he'd be for, they come out against it?

If this is true, I want to know about it!

Do you have a source?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Get your facts straight

news.investors.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

You are willing to give a pass even knowing the Right held a high level meeting ON THE DAY OF OBAMA'S inauguration that they would oppose him in everything, even those things they once ARDENTLY supported, even before they knew what he'd be proposing -- simply deciding that WHATEVER he'd be for, they come out against it?

If this is true, I want to know about it!

Do you have a source?

Thanks!

There are many articles on it by now. It was revealed in Draper's book and admitted to by Gingrich and several retiring Republicans.
ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

It is you who are ill informed.

Regardless of how you spin it the Republicans COULD NOT STOP any Obama agenda item from the time he took office until the Congressional elections in 2010 - period - end of story.

Good intentions get you nothing. Obama had control of the executive branch and the legislative branch for two years AND had control of the executive branch and half the legislative branch for the other two years.

I understand that you are disappointed in your guy and your party. But blaming the Republicans is mis-guided. Obama's failures are his and his alone.

Get off the ship before you go down with it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join