It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News and Others Take Ryan to the Woodshed for "Blatant Lies." ...Seriously, FOX News.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That article was so biased, I can see why it was in the opinion section. You have to really watch those 'fact' checkers. They love giving a partial truth and presenting it as the full truth in order to mask their bias.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good fact check on the Obama Campaign's defense of his 716 billion in cuts to Medicare:
www.forbes.com...
Another link to Hot Air, Fact Checking the Fact Checkers:
hotair.com...
edit on 30-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Beyond Factual Dishonesty (NYT)

Mr. Ryan could have made a sharp critique of the Obama years without changing the underlying facts. That he chose not to do so suggests he isn’t sure the facts are on his side.

Take the GM plant in his hometown of Janesville, which he suggested closed because of President Obama, when it really shut down in 2008, before he took office. More importantly, he failed to mention that the Obama administration’s bailout of the auto industry saved most of the GM plants and hundreds of thousands of jobs.

If Mr. Ryan is opposed to a government bailout of private industry, as Mitt Romney was, why not stand up at the podium and forcefully make the case against it? The outlines of that argument are well-known – the bailout subsidizes the unions, it picks favorites, it distorts the free market, etc. Forget factual dishonesty; failing to even bring up the matter commits the deeper sin of intellectual dishonesty.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You need to go back a page and brush up on the lie that you are helping to spread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by pajoly

To be completely fair... that is an opinion piece and is hardly the tone of Fox news in general....

I hate fox and republican'ts as much as the next guy ( heh ) .. but I doubt this piece chimes well with the main players on Fox...

edit on 8/30/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

You are correct... the author of this opinion piece is Sally Kohn, a very left leaning political commentator, and she is also a lesbian. I only mention her sexual orientation because a Republican lesbian is about as rare as a Unicorn. my point is that this piece is a liberal opinion on Paul Ryan by a Liberal Fox News contributor.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
What's more interesting to me, is that on the day that the current VP nominee is giving his big speech to the RNC, they cancelled all of Sarah Palin's appearances on FOX NEWS.

Who better to provide analysis of the speech than the previous nominee, who's overwhelmingly popular with the far right voters that Romney/Ryan are trying to pick up?

This cancellation was a complete mystery.

Mystery? Are you kidding? FOX knows as well as the rest of us that Palin is an idiot and reviled by most Americans. There was no way they were going to remind America of the terrible VP decision last time around.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

You need to go back a page and brush up on the lie that you are helping to spread...

Wait wait wait, here's what you have quoted:

In his speech in Janesville, then-Sen. Obama said that if elected, he would support retooling the Janesville plant to make energy efficient vehicles. Despite his administration’s carefully shepherding of GM through bankruptcy, the Janesville plant has not been retooled to make anything.

So, Ryan is taking up Obama for not bailing out one GM plant??? Is it the same Ryan that wants a smaller government??? He complains that Obama didn't personally see to retool the plant, something one would think a corporation must do on their own? Is Ryan a Commie in disguise?

That's one choice hypocrite there.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
NYT link

Mr. Ryan accused the president of creating a bipartisan debt commission and then ignoring its recommendations, failing to mention that he himself voted against the commission’s report. So why not explain that vote? He could have won cheers from the convention crowd by explaining that the ticket, as well as Republican leaders, are against any deficit-reduction compromise that requires raising taxes on anyone, including the rich, as the Simpson-Bowles report suggested and, separately, President Obama has urged.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

In his speech in Janesville, then-Sen. Obama said that if elected, he would support retooling the Janesville plant to make energy efficient vehicles. Despite his administration’s carefully shepherding of GM through bankruptcy, the Janesville plant has not been retooled to make anything.

So, Ryan is taking up Obama for not bailing out one GM plant??? Is it the same Ryan that wants a smaller government??? He complains that Obama didn't personally see to retool the plant, something one would think a corporation must do on their own? Is Ryan a Commie in disguise?

Nope, Ryan is taking up Obama for the plant closing in the first place, not for not retooling it.

Ryan conveniently doesn't mention that the OBAMA administration, at his request, provided nearly $2 million in relocation / retraining for the laid off employees from this plant.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Once again you remain misinformed....

The plant closed in 2009 for good just as indicated by Ryan. In 2008 they ceased production of SUV's but still remained open with a lighter staff to complete Isuzu orders. Obama promised to keep it open...

The plant closed in 2008.

50 employees stayed on a few months to finish an order for Izuzu.

Obama said he would support not 'promise' a retooling to make energy efficient vehicles.

So. No. Not misinformed.

edit on 30-8-2012 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Being an old man, I have watched our politicians for a lot of years.

I have noticed what seems to be a trend over the past several elections.

One party will put up a candidate which is just barely acceptable to most people and the other will have someone who just "screws-up' their whole campaign.

This time it seems the Republican Party has gotten a lot of help from others, more than just the candidate.

I don't claim to have any idea what may be comming next, but to me the past is getting clearer everyday.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
maybe it's the cynic in me, but why do i keep getting the feeling that the entire GOP is not this stupid, and they are deliberatly setting up romney/ryan to lose this election.
is this a distraction for the democrats, so they do not focus on the congressional races which, by the way, is the key to getting legislation passed?...or do they know something is going to happen, and they want their party to have "clean hands" when it does.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Ryan conveniently doesn't mention that the OBAMA administration, at his request, provided nearly $2 million in relocation / retraining for the laid off employees from this plant.

OK, that seals it.

So, Ryan is a POS. Did I mentioned that Ryan was a POS? Oh my, what a POS.

Beats me how this bunch appointed themselves the "Grand" Old Party.

Some grand scoundrels, for sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
Fox news and the rest of the liberals are trying to make a good man sound bad.

Poor Paul Ryan

I think he clearly did that all on his own.

If you're a politician and you blatantly lie in ways that can EASILY be exposed, what do you THINK should happen?

It's complete insanity for any Republican to try to deflect this, and any who do are showing themselves to be just as brainwashed as the people of North Korea. That is how ridiculous it sounds to all logical, thinking people.

If you seriously think that this is the media going after him, when he has clearly lied on record repeatedly, for all to hear, I would suggest that you go and see a therapist of some kind, because you would have to be wired incorrectly!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Is Ryan a Commie in disguise?

It seems I remember him saying something about his liking the teaching of Ayn Rand. Where was she originally from, and what was her political background ???

I know he has since changed his story but so does Mitt Romney, almost daily.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Why are you speaking for Ryan...??
Here is what Ryan said.

“My home state voted for President Obama. When he talked about change, many people liked the sound of it, especially in Janesville, where we were about to lose a major factory,” Ryan said Wednesday.

“Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: ‘I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That's what he said in 2008.

Clearly, Ryan is talking about all of the people who put faith in Obama's words and applied that faith to the vote in 2008.

Is Ryan a Commie in Disguise??
NO!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If you decide to dig any deeper into the "article" from Fox news, you'll see the author is an indpendant writer who contributes to them... and the funny thing is, her own website lists her op-eds... most are written for Salon.

Guess which way she leans?

Here, see for yourself, and see if you think she's "objective" in any way.
sallykohn.com

Oh, and the fun point about the credit rating being dropped because Congress threatened to not raise the debt ceiling...

Um, why would they have to raise it? Oh, that's right, Obama's spending....

Look past your nose folks, look past your nose.

The left is in a panic.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You are right about the Fox News piece being an OpEd miniatus, which this thread is technically about. But what about all of the other news sources? I saw that you are an independent who leans left and are aware that Paul Ryan (and Mitt) are liars, so I'm not saying you are ignoring that aspect or whatever, just curious on your opinion there.

I wonder which article came first

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Why are you speaking for Ryan...??
Here is what Ryan said.

“My home state voted for President Obama. When he talked about change, many people liked the sound of it, especially in Janesville, where we were about to lose a major factory,” Ryan said Wednesday.

“Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: ‘I believe that if our government is there to support you ... this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That's what he said in 2008.

Clearly, Ryan is talking about all of the people who put faith in Obama's words and applied that faith to the vote in 2008.

Interesting! And what was GOP's position with regards to what Obama wanted to do, and largely succeeded in doing?

link

Taxpayers pumped $49.5 billion into GM to save the company and hundreds of thousands of jobs around time Romney wrote a 2008 op-ed piece The New York Times titled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt."

So let me see, Obama wants to help industry, Romney is against this help, Ryan blames Obama for not coming through with help. He doesn't blame Romney for being unwilling to help.

That's just a little too schizophrenic.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

If you took the time to read the by line of the article you would see that it is an opinion piece by one of the many Fox liberal associates. This was not the Fox News organization, this was not the "opinion" of Fox this was the opinion of the author namely liberal Sally Kohn. Fox has several liberal and conservative commentators and the fact that Fox would publish this is final proof that they are indeed fair and balanced.

Why so surprised? Fox has been publishing liberal view points, along with conservative, for as long as there has been a Fox.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join