It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News and Others Take Ryan to the Woodshed for "Blatant Lies." ...Seriously, FOX News.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Even FOX News has had it with the lies of Paul Ryan.

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.

You know the line has been well-crossed when even FOX News goes on the record to take down one of its own, much less their golden boy. But good for them and I give credit where due. Well done FOX. You are in good company today. The media today is rife with incensed reporters fuming over the raw audacity of Ryan's lies and they are not mincing words. The FOX article is maybe even the harshest. It will be very hard for the Right to pretend Ryan is not habitually lying now...they can't trot out the same "lame stream liberal media" crap, unless of course they think FOX is now a liberal voice.

Here are a few others:
Washington Post

It was, by any reasonable standards, a staggering, staggering lie. Here’s Paul Ryan about Barack Obama:

He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.

“They.” “Them.” “Them.” Those words are lies. Because Paul Ryan was on that commission. “Came back with an urgent report.” That is a lie. The commission never made any recommendations for Barack Obama to support or oppose. Why not? Because the commission voted down its own recommendations. Why? Because Paul Ryan, a member of the commission, voted it down and successfully convinced the other House Republicans on the commission to vote it down.

Associated Press ...and since it is the AP, it will be picked up by local newspapers around the country and the world.

RYAN: "And the biggest, coldest power play of all in Obamacare came at the expense of the elderly. ... So they just took it all away from Medicare. Seven hundred and sixteen billion dollars, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama."

THE FACTS: Ryan's claim ignores the fact that Ryan himself incorporated the same cuts into budgets he steered through the House in the past two years as chairman of its Budget Committee, using the money for deficit reduction. And the cuts do not affect Medicare recipients directly, but rather reduce payments to hospitals, health insurance plans and other service providers.

In addition, Ryan's own plan to remake Medicare would squeeze the program's spending even more than the changes Obama made, shifting future retirees into a system in which they would get a fixed payment to shop for coverage among private insurance plans. Critics charge that would expose the elderly to more out-of-pocket costs.

The New Yorker

Ryan Launches Campaign Theme of Lying About Everything
Posted by Andy Borowitz

TAMPA (The Borowitz Report)—In his speech to the Republican National Convention last night, Vice-Presidential nominee Paul Ryan test-drove what the Romney-Ryan campaign says will be a major theme for the 2012 Republican campaign: “lying about everything.”

“The question was, how many whoppers could you pack into one speech?” the campaign adviser Tracy Klugian said. “All I can say is, when Fox News accuses a Republican of lying, you know you’ve witnessed something historic.”

US News & World Report [note that publisher Mort Zuckerman is a Republican]

TAMPA—In his acceptance speech Wednesday night, as he denounced the usual politics of divisiveness, GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan repeated a hoary and deceiving tale about a shuttered factory in his home town of Janesville, Wisconsin. He also repeated now standard GOP Medicare half truths.

And the articles just keeping flooding in. This is big news and an indication the media may be ready to step up and actually do its job instead of continuing to play the game of false equivalency.. It was likely provoked when a Romney hired pollster said on an ABC panel a few days ago that "will not let the fact checkers get in the way,"

The 4th estate rises again.
edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: clarity

edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: since I linke much more than just FOX News

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
No surprise. You don't become powerful in politics by being a honest upstanding individual. Those god fearing patriotic Republicans will stab you in the back just as fast as any politician from Chicago.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Fox News !!!!

WOW

I can only imagine that if Murdoch is not backing Romney/Ryan it's because of ratings.

Without a big war and without a Democrat President Mr Murdoch's outlets would have no "news" to report.

Still, I'm expecting the above story to be removed from their website by the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
No surprise. You don't become powerful in politics by being a honest upstanding individual. Those god fearing patriotic Republicans will stab you in the back just as fast as any politician from Chicago.

This cycle, I think it is fair to say the Right has cornered the market in outright lying though.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Paul Ryan and Romney are baits
probably were told to make such exagerated speech full of lies
the elites told them .. trust me the sheople will swallow it like all other time

if Fox news now backstab their own people .. you must think with a bigger picture
why would they do that ?

because they want to push a revolution in america
they will probably sacrifice both clowns that probably dont know
why they were choosen by the elites
the elites has started exposing Romney and Ryan lies
even wolf blitzer said that the official refused to count the Ron Paul delegate
why would he say that but then continu supporting Romney anyway

they are pushing americans to the limits .. they throw us a bone
to the ones that still have their heads into the sound
that the american government has been compromised for a long time
it all started after JFK tried to expose the secret societies
1 yrs later he was assasinated

They want to let people know they are there .. just look at the london ceremony
so i think Ryan and Romney will get bashed by their own group
just wait for it .. it is just the start
and Obama will have the door wide open at the election

this was all orchestrated so the Black Knight can rise
and then do whatever he wants and even stay president has long he wants
the new rule is not a coincidence its not only for Ron Paul but also for Romney or anyone else

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I posted the FOX article on the Facebook wall and it is driving my many right wing "friends" insane. It is downright comical how they are trying to rationalize this one away.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Fox news and the rest of the liberals are trying to make a good man sound bad.

Poor Paul Ryan

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Fox News !!!!

WOW

I can only imagine that if Murdoch is not backing Romney/Ryan it's because of ratings.

Without a big war and without a Democrat President Mr Murdoch's outlets would have no "news" to report.

Still, I'm expecting the above story to be removed from their website by the end of the day.

As we have seen in the past, FOX transforms into the PR firm that works directly for
the government.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

To be completely fair... that is an opinion piece and is hardly the tone of Fox news in general....

I hate fox and republican'ts as much as the next guy ( heh ) .. but I doubt this piece chimes well with the main players on Fox...

edit on 8/30/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I can't hep but notice the Romney/Ryan fans and disciples on the Right are oddly quiet. An article from FOX calling out their champion has them in a stunned stupor.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
I can't hep but notice the Romney/Ryan fans and disciples on the Right are oddly quiet. An article from FOX calling out their champion has them in a stunned stupor.

Because an opinion piece is really not that big of a deal.... unfortunately.. the distinction between an OpEd and an actual news item has to be made.. I mean, have any of you actually heard of "Sally Kohn" .. the author? .. she's not a Sean Hannity or O'reilly... I highly doubt the GOP are looking at all of the OpEd articles.. there's a ton of those out there..

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here is another big lie he told during the speech.

Paul Ryan Links Obama Policies to GM Plant Closed Under George W. Bush

In his speech Wednesday evening, Rep. Paul Ryan referenced a Janesville, Wis. GM plant that was shut down, linking its closure to President Obama, who gave a speech there in 2008. But it turns out the last GM vehicle produced at the plant was in late 2008 when George W. Bush was still president.
The announcement to close the Janesville plant came in June of 2008, after then-candidate Obama spoke there

This is just another example that this campaign thinks the American people are stupid and won't pay attention to the facts.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
In fact... it looks like Sally leans left .. it's not beyond reason that Fox has some democrats on staff.. opinion pieces come a dime a dozen.. they key thing is that this is NOT the opinion of the conservatives at fox... so it's misleading.. so fox isn't taking down one of it's own .. a liberal op-ed columnist who writes op-ed articles for fox has.. and I guarantee she is not the voice of fox..

Let's look at her article titles... see for yourself..

www.foxnews.com...

"Republicans should be careful what they wish for with Paul Ryan on the ticket"
"Obama's right, Americans can't succeed without government"
"Chief Justice Roberts does the right thing on ObamaCare" ( in upholding Obamacare )
"President Barack Obama is set to be the Democratic nominee for an election he will most likely win"
"5 reasons ObamaCare is already good for you"
"Yes, there is a Republican war on women voters"
"SOPA -- What It Is and Why It's Bad"
"Sex, Lies and Immigration -- The More GOP Candidates Talk, the More Out of Touch They Appear"

I think we can safely say that this woman is not the voice of Fox news.. she's simply an op-ed writer and her articles are on foxnews.com .. =) so her words about Ryan are hardly a surprise.. I am glad I checked it out because I was going to post it on facebook to talk about Fox news not being behind Ryan.. that would have been false and I would have looked a bit stupid.

With that said... I think I am a fan of hers now ..

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Once again, it looks like the republicans are trying to throw the election.

Seriously, Romney is running for president and he not only refuses to release tax returns, his wife pulls a "let them eat cake" and tells everyone to buzz off, then the "legit rape" comments, and the organ shuttting down follow up, to further distance the republican party from normal, thinking humans, and now they are lying so much that even their most ardent media support is calling them out?

Think back to McCain and his selection of Palin for VP. How on earth did his vetting committee miss the issues that plagued her while she was in office? How'd they miss the pregnant teen? How'd they miss the accusations of the other child being a grandchild?

They knew there was plenty of bad coming down the pike, they knew the economy was teetering on the edge of awful.

Jump ahead 4 years. We've get that debt cliff on the horizon, we've got a middle east that inches closer to all out chaos daily, Iran/Israel basically waiting for a bird fart to set them off and god knows what else coming our way. Only a complete moron would think that he could fix these problems so, anyone taking office now would be stuck riding it out and, potentially, being blamed for it. Obama takes plenty of blame for the mess he's currently in and it isn't all his fault.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

So we do have some Paul Ryan defenders. I applaud your courage on this one. Care to rebut anything in the FOX OpEd? Let's leave Hannity out of this. We all know the position of FOX News that everything beyond Bret Baier in the evening is technically considered "entertainment," not news and that includes Hannity and O'Reilly, neither of whom are journalists.

I am also gratified to see you plainly and readily admit that FOX is in the tank for the Right, ergo, all their content is suspect at best. Thanks for playing.

EDIT: I should apologize to miniatus after re-reading his post. He is not a FOX apologist so it was not fair for me to imply it.

edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: deleted double word

edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: apology to miniatus

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
And the republicans threw Ron Paul under the bus for this....why?

"cause he has such nice hair".

..morons.

I am suprised FOX stepped up, but maybe they want to make sure people know they are still keeping their "fair and balanced" outlook.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That is pretty much what I think as well. I am guessing though that this has more to do with pushing an agenda that benefits both sides equally, with "R" taking the high road. They do not want any other influences, these strategies have been quite successful IMO, in their own little messed up way.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

At first I was going to jumpt into, that would be stupid. But then I thought about it, and have had the thought before that if the GOP won, and couldn't fix this mess in the next four years, it would be all out political suicide.

They had the countdown of the US debt at the RNC. But every outlet pointed out how the majority of this debt, and this recession, happened under the Bush administration.

Even if Obama straightened things out, they can still claim that it took two terms to do it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I appreciate you entering the thread Crakeur.

Yes, the Palin thing. The recklessness of it at the time left me genuinely stunned and that was when I made my final break from the Republican party. I knew then without a doubt that they were no longer a credible voice and they had been co-opted by a virulent Talibanesque strain who eschew intellect and for whom intellectual curiosity is foreign. I literally had never seen anyone as proudly ignorant as Palin elevated to such a level.

I sure miss the days of statesmen like Moynihan, Sam Nunn, Dick Lugar, etc. when people on both sides of the aisle were intellectual giants, people of measure and wisdom, who could battle it out with the best, but in the end pull off the "art of compromise" (the definition of politics) for the good of the country and her people.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by miniatus

So we do have some Paul Ryan defenders. I applaud your courage on this one. Care to rebut anything in the FOX OpEd? Let's leave Hannity out of this. We all know the position of FOX News that everything beyond Bret Baier in the evening is technically considered "entertainment," not news and that includes Hannity and O'Reilly, neither of whom are journalists.

I am also gratified to see you plainly and readily admit that FOX is in the tank for the Right, ergo, all their content is suspect at best. Thanks for playing.

edit on 30-8-2012 by pajoly because: deleted double word

Paul Ryan defender!?!?!??!?! .. HECK no .. he's a liar and a horrible option... I am independent and I lean left .. I'd rather see Obama in office than Ryan and Romney .. I just like to have the story straight is all .. the assertion that Fox is against Ryan is just not true.. it would be awesome, but it's just incorrect.

I'm merely stating something I think people should know... the post sounds like fox news is speaking out against Ryan ... that's simply false .. they are the words in an opinion piece by someone who's obviously left leaning =) .. I think it's IMPORTANT to realize that before people go assuming Fox some how is against Ryan .. they probably love him overall.

I am not a Ryan defender.. I can't stand the guy and I have nothing to rebut in the piece.. how did you even get that idea? ... I said I was a new fan of the lady for pete's sake .. I love her articles, I've been reading the others..

If you actually read my posts, I can't imagine how you some how assumed I was a supporter of Ryan .. that's laughable at best..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join