It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News and Others Take Ryan to the Woodshed for "Blatant Lies." ...Seriously, FOX News.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Maybe Fox News is getting tired of protecting all the dumb things the Republican candidates are doing. It is making Fox look bad because most people can see these misconseptions and the cover up by Fox. Maybe they are starting to get their souls back at Fox. I think that the Media should say the truth as they see it happening. Sure it is possible to misinterpret something once in a while, that's human. I don't think it is possible that Ryan could have misinterpreted this much of what is going on. If he did then he doesn't belong in congress. I can't see him getting a promotion to VP to get him out of congress either. I know, you have to promote someone who disrupts the workers, it's a normal business tactic.

Or maybe Fox News isn't and never did or said anything OP is positing.

Maybe a liberal commentator submitted an opinion piece in the opinion section. I don't know...call me crazy

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Well things are inchng toward getting better. Obama policies were stimied at every turn by the Republican congress so we are essentially still operating under Bush economy in many ways. Obama's mistake was not doing more while Dem's had both houses.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why did john McClain pick Palin as his running mate. Why did Romney pick Ryan as his running mate. I think the Republicans are trying to throw the election again. I think they know they can't fix the economy and want the Dems to take the blame. This is a good predictor of what is to come.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Common Good

And the republicans threw Ron Paul under the bus for this....why?

This is why they threw him under the bus.

Hey Romney Rubio is starting to look real good now huh?

Yea, I agree with everything in your reply post....

..except that last line.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I've always thought that if you've become massively popular and successful in washington, somewhere, somehow you did something crooked or wrong. It's too bad the right candidate for the job like ron paul barely had a chance.

Too much sense is not welcome in government.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Do you know who Sally Kohn is? Have you read her articles? She's a flaming liberal. I know you're not used to CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC having opposing views from their liberal spin, but this woman is nearly as left-wing as Hannity is right-wing.

Her Biography

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

My guess is you read and watch one side only, so all you see of the other side are out of context things warped through the careful filter of FOX.

Your guess is wrong. I don't have cable and don't watch TV. What a surprise that you find MSNBC honest though!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Funny how we dont see that same hatred and anger towards Biden, who gets a total pass and cover from the Democrat party MSM.
reply to post by PvtHudson

Maybe that's because Biden is an honorable man, albeit one who steps in it on occasion. But he's extremely knowledgeable on foreign policy and has a working class touch. He also has a long serving career in public service that he never tried to turn into lobbying gold. He is not a wealthy man.

No comparison to Palin, who is intellectually incurious, so much so that when picked for VP she'd never been overseas. Never studied national policy. She is a quitter who has proven her ignorance time and time again that even the Right intellectuals think she is a joke. She is a sad opportunist and failed reality TV flunkie who will do anything for a buck. She is unreliable, failing to show for scheduled appearances, famously diva-esque. Terrified of media except fawning FOX who she knows won't ask her any real questions. She's one of those people (and we all know them), who is so literally dumb she is not even aware of how foolish she sounds.

Give me a break.

No this is just a partisan, bias point of view based on MSM spin and deflection of the stupid and racist things Biden does on a regular basis. It's totally subjective. You understand that right? And it's also in line with exactly what the mass media says. A mass media known for shilling for a particular party. You enjoy being a trained seal?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Let's review these statements again, shall we?

Ryan quote:

He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.

I think we all know that the Democrats and Republicans were never going to come to an agreement on the report for National Fiscal Responsibility and Reform as long as it included provisions for Obamacare. This is nothing new and we all know the Republicans have been fighting against advancing it forward from the very beginning.

What's absolutely true about this statement is that Obama NEVER presented a debt reduction plan of his own. He has not only done NOTHING on his own in the form of debt reduction, and yet he still totally ignored the CBO's recommendations before he presented his budget for 2013. When that budget went to vote, Obama got ZERO support. The Democrats don't even support his fiscal plans.

Also, let's not forget that in the last round of debt ceiling talks, that Obama basically dumped it in Congress' lap, told them to figure it out among themselves and left town.

Yes, Obama made a good faith effort in the first round of debt ceiling talks, but he has refused to come back to the table ever since. He gave up even trying to be a leader and decided to become a spectator instead. It's time for Obama to sit the next one out permanently.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

i haven't been following this, but there is enough skeletons in the closet in Obamacare to strike it down since it is Unconstitutional, and because neither Ryan, nor Romney put out the truth about Obamacare it is obvious that they are working for the same man/men that Obama and company are working for...

Obamacare FORCES people to pay $1 U.S. dollar for abortion, it is not the dollar, but the fact that it is FORCING Americans who disagree with Abortion to pay for it through Obamacare...

Obamacare, and the Obama administration were caught red handed doing deals with Big Pharma, and that story ahs gone quiet...

Through Obamacare the "state" gives 15 year old girls, supposedly, the choice to get free sterilizations, you have to wonder what loopholes the state can make to FORCE 15 years old girls who are wards of the state to be sterilized. state employee: "hey, you have to sign this if you want to sleep and live here any longer" 15 year old girl: "what's this for?" state employee: "don't worry about it, it is just so you can get medical attention..." And it is not like 15 year old girls will grow up and change their opinion about getting pregnant right?...

These are just some of the REAL topics that Ryan, and Romney could tell the public about, but of course not, they WANT Obamacare to exist... they are working for the same people who wanted to implement Obamacare in the first place...

edit on 31-8-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
In fact... it looks like Sally leans left .. it's not beyond reason that Fox has some democrats on staff

What!? Some of you are not familiar with the name of Ron Williams?

I call him a stealth democrat as he is a token black in a mostly white Fox world.

However, let Obama unseal all of his records and we can then judge who is the biggest lier on a direct, personal level. It would be a "no contest."
edit on 31-8-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Here's another that ticks me off. How much of a blatant lie was it that Ryan blamed Obama for the Janesville GM plant closing. It's not true. Read it for yourself.

President Barack Obama, came to office during an economic crisis, as he has reminded us a time or two. Those are very tough days. And any fair measure of his record has to take that into account. My own state voted for President Obama. When he talked about change, many people liked the sound of it. Especially in Janesville where we were about to lose a major factory. A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that G.M. plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said, ``I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another 100 years.'' That's what he said in 2008.

Well, as it turned out, that plant didn't last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day. And that's how it is in so many towns where the recovery that was promised is no where in sight. Right now, 23 million men and women are struggling to find work. 23 million people unemployed or underemployed. Nearly one in six Americans is in poverty. Millions of young Americans have graduated from college during the Obama presidency, ready to use their gifts and get moving in life. Half of them can't find the work they studied for, or any work at all.

So here's the question, without a change in leadership, why would the next four years be any different from the last four years?

Let's look at his Obama quote again:

Obama said, ``I believe that if our government is there to support you, this plant will be here for another 100 years."

Clearly Ryan is pointing out that Obama made promises that a government recovery plan can/would fix all of America's problems when it can't and it didn't. Nothing more.

He's speaking about Obama's promises of recovery of the nation. That Obama made it sound like all anyone needs is support from the government to succeed.

Full Transcript:

www.foxnews.com...

That is all. Plain and simple.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

My guess is you read and watch one side only, so all you see of the other side are out of context things warped through the careful filter of FOX.

Your guess is wrong. I don't have cable and don't watch TV. What a surprise that you find MSNBC honest though!

Funny how you have opinions on tv shows in other threads.
So you must listen to all that liberal radio?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Regarding the Medicare issue. Here are the Ryan quotes that no one talks about:

In Congress, when they take out the heavy books and the wall charts about Medicare, my thoughts go back to a house on Garfield Street in Janesville. My wonderful grandma, Janet, had Alzheimer's and she moved in with mom and me. Though she felt lost at times, we did all the little things that made her feel loved. We had help from Medicare and it was there, just like it's there for my mom today.

Medicare is a promise and we will honor it. A Romney-Ryan Administration with protect and strengthen Medicare for my mom's generation, for my generation and for my kids and yours. So our opponents can consider themselves on notice. In this election, on this issue , the usual posturing on the Left isn't going to work. Mitt Romney and I know the difference between protecting a program and raiding it. Ladies and gentlemen, our nation needs this debate, we want this debate, we will win in this debate.

www.foxnews.com...

Here's where Paul Ryan failed.

Ryan didn't mention that the Medicare trustees have been putting "funding warnings" into place for the Presidents for the last six years in a row. It is required for a President to act immediately on coming up with some kind of a sustaining plan with Congress when it is issued. It is law. A law that's been ignored for the last six years.

To come up with a sustaining plan, cutting back obviously need to be made, but it takes more than cutting back. It takes long term financial planning. Something that has continually been ignored. The 2012 report from the Medicare trustees says that even the current cuts put into place through Obamacare (which is really nothing more than a shift to Medicaid) isn't enough. More needs to be done.

So, yes, someone needs to know how to PROTECT it and not just "raid" from it. Shifting money from one place to another is not going to cure our debt problem in order to PROTECT any of the social programs that are already in place.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I have a better solution to medicare reform. Lets get the Seniors to be less sick so they don't need so much medical care. They just have to start cooking real food again and start a garden. I have known a lot of older people and the ones that live the longest seem to cook their own meals from scratch using time tested recipes and eating practices from their ancestors. They don't wind up in nursing homes and don't need medicines. Then if a doctor gets their paws on them they give them meds long term which screws them up. They need temporary medical help with dietary adjustments. The chemicals we put on food and the changes in GMO foods isn't going to kill them, it makes them in need of healthcare on a regular basis. Seniors can help their kids start businesses if they aren't worried about having money incase they get sick. All the money for investment in small business is going straight to the medical industry.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

Or maybe Fox News isn't and never did or said anything OP is positing.

Maybe a liberal commentator submitted an opinion piece in the opinion section. I don't know...call me crazy

Yes, Sally Kohn is a very liberal commentator who gets paid as a contractor to submit pieces for Fox.

Fox came out yesterday and made a statement that they thought everyone was going to start hiring fact checkers to check the fact checkers. I would love to see Fox post one of those in response to Sally Kohn's debacle attempt at "fact checking".

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Very good advice, rickymouse.

Were you the one who started a thread on that exact topic in the last day or so?

It was a very well written piece of work with great advice if it was!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Paul Ryan "My playlist starts with AC/DC and ends with Zepellin".

He even outsources his music. If I were running for Vice President, I'd probably mention AMERICAN rock bands, not Australian and English ones.

Nah....One of the rules apparently, is that they have to admit publicly what they are doing as they rapify us....or maybe they just think it's really funny to do so. So, saying right out loud that he is beholden to foreign interests, rather than American ones....and London specifically....should be expected.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vexatious Vex

Yep, from your link, it looks like Fox has definitely formed an opinion about Sally Kohn's opinion! LOL!

This is a communications problem that needs a technical solution to stem the bleeding. It appears they've tried everything they can think of. If you go to their Trending on FOX page, you can see where the link is now. The article was written in their Opinion section, so you would expect to see it in the Opinion tab of the Trending Now page. But you don't. It's gone.

Like I said, Fox also stated that fact checkers needed to be checked by other fact checkers.

I've seen some fairly decent fact checking articles about Sally Kohn's piece, but I don't think any of them are as detailed as they need to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join