It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
This is probably the FIFTH time someone started a thread about that crap. I have read dozens discussions about those signs and saw a lot of pics.
Just look at this pic of example:
I'm very sorry to say this guy's, but that's the worst photoshop work I've seen in months...
Ever heard of GPS technology?? Or road maps?
[Edited on 29-4-2003 by Zion Mainframe]
Originally posted by Carrierwave
They were very intrigued by our research and all got copies of the seminar briefings and code deciphering sheets we put together.
Originally posted by Carrierwave What are county stickers doing on a State highway?
Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Also, talk to anyone in active duty if they would ever allow a NATO invasion.They would not.Or if you do think they would sell you out.....join the millitary and fix it from within.For 8 years you have been studying this phenomena....what have you done but said LOOK LOOK the army is allowing invasion tactics to be put in place.If you Belive and have such faith that it is true, then fix it.You said you didnt get a close up because "they were watching through binocs at you".Well duh, normally people who go near road signs are there for vandalism .Not to mention the fact that it is not normal, or not ordinary.If I was the guard I too would have watched you......to see if you were defacing Gov property.Also army personel do not need tacmars to read signs for movement...in any country.Any millitary power that was going to invade would have already translated maps...not to mention a compass.And there is GPS(even if we were EMP'ed a compass would still work).Oh yeah, and all the US civillians who own GUNS.I wouldnt hesitate to kill an invading countrys soldiers.If we cant control the terrorists or Iraq.....how could another country possibly hope to hold us at bay........THEY CANT.
I would suggest changing the sticker positions, and watch what happens.See if it disrupts the local trainig exercises.Or, are replaced in the same manner/fasion as before,in the original position.For example I just used a razor on 2 local signs to remove one blue, and one green.I switched the stickers as well as direction.I'll give an update to see if its "Noticed" by anyone(Note the IF).
General Procedures in the Repair and Maintenance of Signs
1. A record of all signs (in use and belonging to the agency) should be maintained. Larger communities should maintain a computer inventory of all signs and the essential information about each sign. Smaller communities with a limited number of signs (say 200 or less) should either maintain a computer inventory or a file card inventory of each sign in service.
The essential information that should be maintained includes but is not limited to:
* Type sign (i.e. R-1, STOP)
* Size of sign (i.e. 24" X 24")
* Location (i.e. NW corner of 1st and Barr and/or GPS satellite location)
* Date of installation (or how long sign panel has been in use)
* Accident/maintenance history (i.e. each event of repair due to accidents and maintenance activities, including changes made)
* Inspection dates (i.e. day/night or cleaning dates)
* Sign support type
* Any other signs mounted on the same support
2. Each sign should have a unique inventory serial number firmly attached or engraved on the back of the sign (this helps in maintaining signs, relocating sign panels that are found, and enforcing legal actions when stolen signs are recovered).