It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Millitary Codes in our Road Sign?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I fabricated street signs for a county government for almost five years and I can safely say that there are no secret messages on the back of signs. Those stickers indicate who put them up and who is responsible for their maintenance. The idea that they are in certain patterns is idiocy. When we made signs we slapped the sticker on with no rhyme or reason. Most of the time the signs weren't put up at the same time meaning we would have had to put some forsight into a "pattern". With over 30,000 signs to maintain that's far too much work for what I was being paid.
As far as the arrows, guess what? People need to be able to see at a glance where the road they are looking for is when they are moving at 50, 60 or more m.p.h.
Nefarious plots are where you want to find them. I guess the next topic will be the numbered stickers on your fruit you buy at the grocery store...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My question concerns a different type of sign being discussed here. I possibly will start a new thread but I think it might fit in with this one so here goes.

Driving on I-80 through Pennsylvania you come across Green, Red and Blue detour signs. The logical part of me say that these are detours for truck drivers during snow storms and such. The conspiracy theorist in me says otherwise.

Know I have been in a snow storm a few time while driving on I-80 and was tuned to the traffic channel on AM radio. I have never heard anyone refer to these detours during these storms. Therefore I tend to lean towards the conspiracy side instead of the logical side.

Does anyone have any information on these signs?

Also I have noticed on the same road in a few different spots they put raised lines in the road. They are NOT rumble strips but painted lines. The closest thing that matches it would be a bar code. They are only in one lane of the two lane highway & I think but am not sure that they are only located in the west bound lanes. Does anybody have any info on these as well? Any help would be appreciated.

If this topic is dead and cannot get any help, I might just start a new thread. Thanks in advanced.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
According to state highway safety manuals DETOUR signs are supposed to be "safety orange" or "hazard orange" in color. We have encountered many variations among standard written color codes for types of roadway signs. The color codes you mentioned are suspicious to us also. We believe there are red, blue and green routes to be used in Operation Garden Plot. We know there is a "green route" from Camp Grayling to Interstate 75 in Northern Michigan. We know of several "blue" routes linking small towns and cities here also. We have noted color codes red and blue at many facilities. Most prisons are color coded "blue". Thanks for your input.

Carrierwave~

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Carrierwave]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katolu
I fabricated street signs for a county government for almost five years and I can safely say that there are no secret messages on the back of signs. Those stickers indicate who put them up and who is responsible for their maintenance. The idea that they are in certain patterns is idiocy. When we made signs we slapped the sticker on with no rhyme or reason. Most of the time the signs weren't put up at the same time meaning we would have had to put some forsight into a "pattern". With over 30,000 signs to maintain that's far too much work for what I was being paid.
As far as the arrows, guess what? People need to be able to see at a glance where the road they are looking for is when they are moving at 50, 60 or more m.p.h.
Nefarious plots are where you want to find them. I guess the next topic will be the numbered stickers on your fruit you buy at the grocery store...

I would like to point out something in this post. This person claims to have worked for the "county" fabricating road signs for five years. I personally have been involved closely with those investigating the tacmar codes for about eight years and I can say without hesitation this person is a fraud. I have briefed scores of sign workers in local county and state highway departments during this time and universally researched, the stated purpose for the reflective sticker on the back of the signs with date ledgers on them are for "sign installation date verification for warranty agreements."
I personally do not believe this, yet this is the stated authorized information we have received from DOT officials. One official faxed us a copy of the so-called warranty agreement from 3M Company for reflective "sheeting" (the reflective "Scotch-Lite Diamond" skin) on the outside front of the majority of roads signs in the U.S. He also stated that the markers were for "date verification" for the warranty.

Now there is no mention of this in the above post, yet he claims to have "slapped" the stickers on "with no ryme or reason" for five years. He also claims it is "far too much work" to strategically place the markers on sign in a pattern. NO IT IS NOT! In an earlier post I reported we have found miles of brand new road signs with no date markers on them and remained tag-less for 6 months until one day a DOT truck with a couple of supervisors from the "Special Crews" branch of the DOT put markers on every sign with the wrong date of installation punched on them. It was particularly obvious when the stickers were applied to road signs at the Shell Gas & Petrol Plant turn-off road, the markers were turned purposely on end and then tilted "up" toward the service road entrance.

If you want to swallow this lie about road sign dating operations or sign identification-serial number-warranty-washing-theft-maintenance excuse, you are very gulible and lack common sense. These are Geneva/FEMA military sign markers. Our highways are designed for this, admitted to be by the government, and traveled by partnership UN/NATO troops everyday.

Carrierwave~

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Carrierwave]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is a blown up photo of an MDOT date sticker. It is highly reflective, and contains date columns and acronyms. This particular marker is on the back of a STOP SIGN. What you will notice is that the MDOT sign crew "forgot" to punch out the date that the sign was installed. They also failed to punch out one of the acronyms which is supposed to identify where the sign was "sheeted".

We have found countless numbers of these stickers with the same features where MDOT employees failed to date verify the marker. If this were a legitimate operation to accurately date road signs for warranty purposes, then somebody is not doing their job. We have found large groups of signs in clusters without even one marker date-punched. We contend this is all a big fraud and cover-up operation foisted by FEMA in partnership with NATO.

Carrierwave~

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Carrierwave, with your extensive research on this matter, do you have a timeline of when events might unfold into the nightmare scenario?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have reasons to believe that this PLAN is ready to be implemented at any moment. They are taking every opportunity given them to embellish upon already marked and sensitive areas for mass evacuations and detentions.

For instance, temporary signage. Recently Kmart was having a nation-wide liquidation of inventory making way for their merger with Sears. There were these cardboard signs (much like campaign posters) being placed all over cities with Kmart stores advertising the huge sale going on. In the Kmart logo is an embedded "triangle" style pointer imaged by the large "K" color-coded "RED". On these poster style signage the Kmart logo was very large and when placed in the soil and viewed from a short distance away a clever directional arrow could be clearly seen. Not so readily to the untrained eye but if you were privy to the signcodes you would see it immediately. They put these posters up in front of the police station, airport emergency runway gates, public schools, important routes, leading out of town to interstate, power plants, athletic fields, YMCA, hospitals, train depots, county jail, ect. Here were these poster with the logos pointing right at the sites and facilities. It was really incredible to see. When the sale ended the signs disappeared.

Our feeling is that they know something is coming and are using any means to "fine-tune" the already marked areas in case of an "any-moment" event. It is possible those in lower command may have been told this, yet higher-ups may have an event planned for the near fiuture. I just feel a sense of immediate, any- moment preparation in these codes. Yet they continue to spread in the logos, road signs, billboards, and roadway visuals , marking strategic sites and facilities along the way.

Carrierwave~

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
All the reflective tags I've looked at on or on the back of road signs are inventory stickers from the local jurisdiction maintaining the sign. It includes the name of the jurisdiction, and a Month and Year is punched out to indicate when the sign went up. No bar code; no RFID, no decoder ring. And yes, they probably have the GPS coordinates to locate and replace/repair the sign as needed.

I have a fundamentalist uncle who believes these stickers are the UN getting ready to take over the United States, and allowing foreign soldiers to navigate our roadways. A GPS and a DeLorme CD can do a MUCH better job of guiding such a takeover. Plus, most are labeled on the BACK, so are you going to stop at each one to read it?

Thanks!
Rainman48

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
I work for the state of illinois dot and i make signs we also make those little stickers that are on the back of those signs, stop your worring its only for stock inventory,date, type of sign, inventory numbers, thats all no secret codes or anything like that.

Look mates, we got ourselves a dissinformer, now, what shall we do with him? Interogation?

.. Anyways, what if we were to find someone who knows what these may really be for, do you think they'd really lead us to any secret, "bases." Anyways, rainmans theory sounds good.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by faddinglight]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Capt. Kirk
I just have one question. Has anyone here ever seen the marked road signs? I am going to spend the next two days driving around the Chicago land area just to see if any are out there.
yes I've seen them all over,,,but I live 50 miles from grissom afb

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i think theyre for evacuation purposes, i mean how many enemies do we have as a country..

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Since the photo of your MDOT comes from such a reliable source, this is hogwash. The photo of evacuation rts was printed in the March 14 Washington Post and still no evacuation rt. signs. With GPS who the heck needs a "TACMAR". Oh thats right, they may shoot down our satellites, right?

On the Dulles Greenway there are Turtle Crossing signs, Wonder why?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey, I have been skimming this thread (no way was I gonna read the whole thing word per word), but you guys aren't seriously trying to suggest that they are implementing a secret road coding system to evacuate the country or do a massive take-over or something, are you??

I do know know though that all highways have to be straight every so-so amount of miles for a so-so amount of distance so that highways could be converted to airfields in a time of war.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
well guys, have you thought that the UN invasion might be headed by the british army, as you all know we brits drive on the left, so the stickers would be the correct way around for us.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carrierwave

Originally posted by Katolu

I would like to point out something in this post. This person claims to have worked for the "county" fabricating road signs for five years. I personally have been involved closely with those investigating the tacmar codes for about eight years and I can say without hesitation this person is a fraud. I have briefed scores of sign workers in local county and state highway departments during this time and universally researched, the stated purpose for the reflective sticker on the back of the signs with date ledgers on them are for "sign installation date verification for warranty agreements."
I personally do not believe this, yet this is the stated authorized information we have received from DOT officials. One official faxed us a copy of the so-called warranty agreement from 3M Company for reflective "sheeting" (the reflective "Scotch-Lite Diamond" skin) on the outside front of the majority of roads signs in the U.S. He also stated that the markers were for "date verification" for the warranty.

Now there is no mention of this in the above post, yet he claims to have "slapped" the stickers on "with no ryme or reason" for five years. He also claims it is "far too much work" to strategically place the markers on sign in a pattern. NO IT IS NOT! In an earlier post I reported we have found miles of brand new road signs with no date markers on them and remained tag-less for 6 months until one day a DOT truck with a couple of supervisors from the "Special Crews" branch of the DOT put markers on every sign with the wrong date of installation punched on them. It was particularly obvious when the stickers were applied to road signs at the Shell Gas & Petrol Plant turn-off road, the markers were turned purposely on end and then tilted "up" toward the service road entrance.

If you want to swallow this lie about road sign dating operations or sign identification-serial number-warranty-washing-theft-maintenance excuse, you are very gulible and lack common sense. These are Geneva/FEMA military sign markers. Our highways are designed for this, admitted to be by the government, and traveled by partnership UN/NATO troops everyday.

Carrierwave~

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Carrierwave]

What an ignorant !. You spout second and third hand news as "fact". I'd be more than happy to show you my paycheck stubs from Fairfax County Va. Government from 1997 to 2002. We (the two, that's right two) sign fabricators made signs to replace ones that were damaged and/or stolen. And we were never instructed to place the stickers anywhere, it was random.

You dismiss me as a fruad and a government cover up agent. If you had brain one, perhaps you might listen to another take on the signs, but no, you fling insults at anyone who questions your inane claims and THAT is the sign of someone who can't defend their argument.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carrierwave
We have found countless numbers of these stickers with the same features where MDOT employees failed to date verify the marker. If this were a legitimate operation to accurately date road signs for warranty purposes, then somebody is not doing their job. We have found large groups of signs in clusters without even one marker date-punched.
I'm shocked... just shocked you might have uncovered both laziness and incompetence among Department of Transportation workers. I mean, we all know the DOT is a bastion of hard work and intelligence!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dear Katolu,

You may not have been the only one putting markers the signs for your county. As I have stated before we that have researched this for eight years or more have seen plenty of evidence statewide in Michigan that markers are applied many times AFTER the signs have been put up. You may be oblivious to what happens outside you work area. (I am giving you the benefit of the doubt in this though your answer does not line up with people above you in the D.O.T.) This is the case here in our county. The sign workers ARE FORBIDDEN to talk to us about their work. In 1997 we had a meeting with the road commission manager of our county about the signcode markers. He would not let us talk to the employees. We have even invoked the FOIA and received no response. We even tried to call R. Deater, the sign crew supervisor and he said he was instructed not to talk to us. The manager himself lied to us about the whole project, because 3 months before the meeting we called him and asked about the reflective markers and he said that the markers were for "DATE VERIFICATION FOR WARRANTY ON THE SIGNS". However, at the meeting he stated he did not even know they were doing sign dating with markers in his county! He had for gotten we had called him 3 months earlier about it. Unless he has amnesia, he lied. He then told the sign workers not to talk to us.

Carrierwave~

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
the decals are used to pinpoint to FEMA troops, in a case of a mass round-up, where there are different facilities (ie. helicopter launch pads, hospitals, holding facilities.....they are there, and if you think they have no purpose, find one of these signs in your hood, and follow the dirrections, see where it takes you and decide.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This brings up a most important part of finding the truth. If you do not go out and spend some time checking it out for yourself you will remain a skeptic at best. Of course if you do not want to believe it you will remain willingly ignorant. Horns is right. The evidence to convince anyone is out on the roads. It is pretty blatant if you know what you are looking for.

Carrierwave~

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As I stated in my U2U, I believe you and have my full support...

This ABSOLUTELY sounds like NATO procedure, I have seen the stickers my self near an Army Reserve base in Decorah, IA.

I have an uncle-inlaw that worked for the DOT, i'll ask him what he knows, he also served in Vietnam as a bomb disposal expert of some sort.

I have heard many times that if the US falls apart, Russians, Brittish etc will be all over the place to "peacekeep", but remember that nearly all Americans have European roots, and the ultimate conspiritors reside in europe, England is the mecca for Conspiritors...

Why is it so hard to believe there is a back-up navigation system?

I do agree, this doesn't need to be an insidious plan to enslave the American people, but it could very well be for emergency purposes...

I salute you Carrierwave for being so relentless...

Ignorance may be bliss, but I DENY IT!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join