It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans want to force 32,000 women / year to have the baby of their rapist!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

ANd people only want to adopt, white, healthy, babies.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nixie, I applaud your tenacity, but you are essentially trying to "push a rope"...you are not going to change their minds and they are not gong to change yours.

Boy...the divisionist tactics of TPTB just keeps on rolling doesn't it?

I rarely get involved in this debate. I have my own personal views and I have reasons for those views. I am a Libertarian.

I believe this decision is between a woman, her family, her doctor and whatever God she may pray to. The government, the church and your neighbor have absolutely no business telling you what you can and cannot do with a cluster of cells growing in your body. What's next? Having to get public approval to have a growing tumor removed? It's a group of cells as well. The moral majority would have some people believe there is sentience the instant the sperm pierces the egg...and we know this is not true. However, these people just cannot allow rational thought and reason to penetrate their minds, it might cause them to question lots of other things as well.

I totally disagree with abortion as retroactive birth control. I do think contraceptives should be easily obtainable...funny how the GOP and the Moral majority want to block those and then say there is nothing you can do about it. It's because they don't want anyone having "pleasure sex"...to them it's procreation and damn you if you enjoy it!

The GOP also are hypocrites to the extreme. They tout their moral position as supporting the "right to life" but they will let homeless adults starve and soldiers die...yeah...that's all about life isn't it?

Now that being said...the Democrats need to lighten up. They want to tell everyone else what to do just as much as the Repubs do...just different topics. Politically correct? Hate speech? To most Dems I know, if you disagree with them, then you are some kind of hater. They believe the "mob rules"...they would suppress the rights of the few to get their way for the many...I totally disagree with that. I am human...I am sovereign...my voice and my rights are just as important as the other 7 billion people on this rock.

Here is an excerpt of the Libertarian parties view on abortion from their 2012 platform...

Abortion Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

Read their entire platform for 2012 here:
www.lp.org...

Live free or die people...anything less is not acceptable. Stop falling for TPTB's divisionist tactics and lets forgive, heal and move toward fixing our broken country...there will be another time to debate morality...

Oh...btw...You CANNOT legislate morality and you CANNOT legislate "good will toward man"...it is impossible and tyrannical to think you can.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

you are ok with people killing their attacker?

Yes I am.
It's called self defense.

ETA: Hold on, so you think a woman has to take being raped? You know there is a person who tried to tell me that you have to give your 15 year old child birth control and a HPV vaccine, so when she is raped she wont get pregnant or get a STD. I'm not joking she said that's better then self defense.

This same person when on to say Obama saved us all and we need to worship him and he will save us all. At this point (she said a lot of other stuff as well) I knew she was a nut job, saying it's ok for people to break into your home and rob you because they are just hungry and they wont hurt you.

You're not that person are you? I mean no disrespect, I'm really asking out of concern.
edit on 8/30/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Again

There have only been about 2 million children adopted in the past decade. Lets say that these adoptions follow political lines, that means only 1 million children have been adopted by republicans in the last 10 years.

So of the 2 million, "republicans" adopt 1 million according to you, however you don't say who (democrats, independent, or other) adopt the other 1 million.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Yes, Stopping the implantation should be seen as a viable option on both sides of the debate since the pill would stop pregnancy from occurring in the first place. However, the official GOP stance on this is that taking the pill before pregnancy occurs is also abortion.

By the way, Planned parenthood does support this option.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

This is what it really comes down too, that you touch on, is the problem is solved by solving the need for abortion.

No, there isn't adequate access to birth control as you might think. A lot of people don't have the proper education about sex to begin with. You have a lot of mental illness.

To sit here and think that society should behave and act exactly as you think they should, just shows delusion and is a form of mental illness.

It also shows that there is not a real grasp on how other sects of society lives.

Poor people don't have transporation, public transit doesn't take you straight to family planning. Family planning is expensive, once you get there. Mine is 25 bucks with health insurance.

As you pointed out, it is almost neurotic to say you are against abortion, but want to limit birth control to couples.

Than answer isn't to outlaw abortion, or promote it. The answer is to reduce the circumstances that put people in that predictament in the first place.

People need access to family planning. No one buys into your quaint little idea that you are going to wait for marriage.

Even then, a lot of people who get it are married. Offer women more respite from abusive relationships. Offer more assistance to encourage keeping the kid in the first place.

Offer more mental health services, so people can keep a good job.

And offer education, lots of it. Education increases your chances of not being on welfare.

If you don't assist with any of these things, then you are just as much as part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

So, killing a fetus is wrong, but killing an attacker is self defense.

And accussing people of being crazy because they don't agree with you, is a sad arguement tactic.
edit on 30-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I will reiterate this to you only one more time. I will try to type s l o w l y.

As for the one million in the other category, they are not trying to force family planning options on you. That is your decision. I am referring to the people who think that a fetus is so sacred, that a person should take care of it, no matter the circumstances. They go on and on and on about the right of the fetus, but don't give a crap about the already living.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think we should totally force our will on women.

Rape her and make her keep the baby. Force her to carry it. If for some godless reason she wants an abortion, strap her down and give her a nice, but not too nice, transvaginal ultrasound.

If she asks for birth control, call her a whore.

God Bless America

--Republican Party

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fetuses can't feel pain till the 28th week.

Source.

The science is still out on when a fetus can feel what. The current range guestimate is between 18 and 29 weeks.

You can argue your point, but try to use fact, not blog talking points.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

To kill an attacker is killing him in self defense
it is killing not murder (yes there is a difference) if a man is unarmed and not attacking you, but you kill him that is murder.

Who called you crazy?

And I'm sorry, but you said "adopted by republicans" SEE MY POINT NOW "adopted by republicans" SEE?

Maybe you don't.

You can type as slow as you wish, but that has nothing to do with the other 1 million unknown adopters. I mean for the love of God what if it is really republicans adopting the other 1 million? Can you save them from the evil republicans?

Maybe you don't care about the issue, so much as the "republicans".

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by headorheart

Yes, because those fatherless 17 year olds with shattered self esteems, should just know better.

Because their outstanding parents have given them all the tools they need to cope wiht hard decisions in life.
edit on 30-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

I understand where you got 17 from (the age of consent), but I have no idea your point in reply to my post...

As I originally said legitimate rape would be anytime a person does not consent. This is a person of any age. The age of consent does not matter if a person does not want the sexual situation to continue.

When I said there are also many other situations that are legally considered rape, that aren't actually rape, I was referring to many other different situations. If a 16 and 17 year old are having sex, the 17 year old is raping the 16 year old. If an 18 year old had sex with her 20 year old boyfriend when he came home drunk, she is raping him because his is under the influence and underage and cannot legally give consent. I could go on. These situations are not forced rape, but under that law could be charged as rape.

I'm not sure I understand your post, but having daddy issues is no excuse to behavior poorly and take an easy way out later.
edit on 4-9-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I think we should totally force our will on women.

Rape her and make her keep the baby. Force her to carry it. If for some godless reason she wants an abortion, strap her down and give her a nice, but not too nice, transvaginal ultrasound.

If she asks for birth control, call her a whore.

God Bless America

--Republican Party

to put it kindly lol.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by elitegamer23

By chance have you ever seen an abortion taking place? Have you seen the child fighting to stay alive? I have seen videos of such, and even still, I will admit that the woman should have a choice.....but don't try to hide the fact that you are killing a child.
edit on 29-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

what would you see if a woman took ru486?

does a guy kill children every time he masterbates?

have you ever seen a woman get a back alley abortion? this is what would happen if abortion was completely illegal in the usa.

Did I say I think it should be illegal? I just don't want people trying to sugar coat what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

well i think you should find better stuff to do than watch videos of women having abortions lol.

do you have children of you own? i have a kid and its the best thing that has ever happened in my life.

no reason the government of anyone else should tell a woman she should have a child of a guy who raped her.

agreed?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join