It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans want to force 32,000 women / year to have the baby of their rapist!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scrounger

Part two.

The guy who by his statements started all this you need to also look at what he did logically.

Yes he did a flub of monumental proportions given this PC political season.

But what did he really do under the light of day?

Either he poorly stated his position or he is an extreamist.

Now immediately he clarified his point (the next day) and aploogised.

Now as others have stated here "legitamate rape" is nothing more that a true and accurate description of an illegal act. Unfortunatly there are some women who throw out the rape charge and its bogus.

Now as others have also said there is the morning after pill that PREVENTS pregnancy and can be taken right after the rape. Hence no abortion.

I believe that is what he was talking about.

But lets be honest while this is a charged issue and emotions running high is understandable.

A few weeks (I don't remember exactly) VP Biden told african americans that if romney/republicans get in you "will all be back in chains".

Now notice that is as big a blunder and BS as you can get. But not a peep from either the press or the african american community.

Now I dont expect to change anyones minds right off.

I also do not intend to shout down either side.

But I hope I have pointed out some (but not all) of the facts in a logical way and that to argue ones point one needs to deal with some issues seperately and honestly.

Not lump them together or make outragious claims.

Makes either side look like an exreamest nut job

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Anyone forcing women to have rape babies have absolutely no morals.

Anyone forcing an unborn child to painfully die because of the sin of a parent has absolutely no morals. (backatchya) This is why there is adoption. Innocent preborn children shouldn't be punished with a painful death because of something they didn't do. There are plenty of families in this country who wouldn't punish an innocent child and who would instead love them as they deserve instead of killing them by burning them to death or by shredding them into tiny pieces.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Defense spending is Constitutionally sound as long as we don't go to war without Congressional approval. This does not mean I agree with excessive warring. But what President recently went into another country without?

Using taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions is a most despicable thing and I doubt our Founding Fathers had that in mind when talking about the general welfare.

edit on 25-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Rape is a bad thing, so to fix it we kill the baby.

Is it really a baby after 4-5 weeks of pregnancy?

After a month:
Your microscopic embryo is already hard at work this week creating the placenta, umbilical cord and the basics of his or her body.

The embryo is now made of three layers that will transform into the different parts of your baby's body. The endoderm, or inner layer, will become your baby's intestines, liver and lungs. The middle layer, or mesoderm, will become your baby's heart, sex organs, muscles, bones, and kidneys, and the ectoderm, or outermost layer, will develop into your baby's hair, skin, eyes, and nervous system. Believe it or not, your baby is already starting to look like a tiny little being (not necessarily a human being) complete with a head, a mouth opening and a primitive brain and heart.

By the end of this week, your baby measures about 1/25 inch long, about the size of a period (like the one at the end of this sentence, not the one you just missed).

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

are you a woman by any chance flyers fan?

do you think you should have control over your body or the government?

its bad enough if a rapist takes control of your body from you.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

By chance have you ever seen an abortion taking place? Have you seen the child fighting to stay alive? I have seen videos of such, and even still, I will admit that the woman should have a choice.....but don't try to hide the fact that you are killing a child.
edit on 29-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

By chance have you ever seen an abortion taking place? Have you seen the child fighting to stay alive? I have seen videos of such, and even still, I will admit that the woman should have a choice.....but don't try to hide the fact that you are killing a child.

Yes, absolutely, it is horrible. And I agree, the Life Creators should have the right to make that tough choice.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by timetothink

Ever watch a video of an abortion...of the child trying to fight for life and get away from the suction hose?

It a basic biological response, germs will run away from white blood cells.

Yes, anything that is alive is conscious on one level or another. White blood cells KILL bacteria. Suction hoses at an abortionist clinic KILL babies, thus the baby responds to fight for its LIFE.

The argument in favor of abortion is that the child is not alive or conscious yet....yet as you just admitted, it is. Whether it is an 'instinctual' response or a 'conscious' decision is neither here nor there. If I started to inflict pain on to your body you would instinctively squirm to get away. This doesn't mean I have the right to kill you. Just because I child can't tell you 'Ow, that is hurting me, would you please stop?' Doesn't mean that they aren't experiencing pain.

I'm not for an all out 'ban' of abortions. But please, can we at least try to not argue that abortions are a 'good' thing?
edit on 29-8-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
32,000 woman in the US that are raped get pregnant??

What a nation!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

I don't think you'll find many people saying abortions are 'good'.

The truth is we depend on the Life Creators to carry and feed all of us for the first 9 months of our existence. It is an enormous burden on the body, there are so many restrictions, and medications that cannot be taken during pregnancy. It is a major responsibility that every Life Creator must endure. Who are we to tell them who they will or will not carry for 9 months? The Life Creators deserve our gratitude for the lives they choose to carry and feed, for the sacrifices they make in doing so, and they absolutely deserve the right to make tough choices for the lives they will carry.
edit on 29-8-2012 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

what would you see if a woman took ru486?

does a guy kill children every time he masterbates?

have you ever seen a woman get a back alley abortion? this is what would happen if abortion was completely illegal in the usa.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Are you one of those who thinks there's a tiny human inside a woman like 1 hour after conception? I think abortions are totally "fine" (obviously not desired but should be legal) during the first 2-3 months of pregnancy, as the thing growing inside is still just a collection of cells no different to collection of human cells growing on a petri dish (or maybe that's murder to you as well?). It's not a human. It's not a child. It's not a baby. It's just a collection of human cells. After this time, however, I feel like abortions should no longer be allowed, as the collection of cells is starting to become a human..
edit on 30-8-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

Yes, because those fatherless 17 year olds with shattered self esteems, should just know better.

Because their outstanding parents have given them all the tools they need to cope wiht hard decisions in life.
edit on 30-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Are you going to adopt and take care of that baby?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There have only been about 2 million children adopted in the past decade. Lets say that these adoptions follow political lines, that means only 1 million children have been adopted by republicans in the last 10 years.

What an outstanding act! :/

So until you are willing to assist with unwanted children and get the millions of unwanted children that are already dragging the system down, you don't have crap to stand on for an excuse for life.

It is not human rights, you only worry about fetal rights, because you don't give a damn to what happens to that child once they are born.

As usual, Samantha Bee made a complete ass out of the GOP on the daily show last night.

The Daily Show at the RNC

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I believe it's a woman's choice to have an abortion if raped, or if having the baby could kill her, or if there are serious birth defects (the father should have a say in the last one). just MHO

However!

The Democrats want women to be raped, they don't want them to be able to protect them self with a gun.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There have only been about 2 million children adopted in the past decade. Lets say that these adoptions follow political lines, that means only 1 million children have been adopted by republicans in the last 10 years.

So you're saying if the democrats loved and adopted children, then it would be ok, but because they don't the unwanted children are dragging the system down?

What about the independents? Do they adopt, or is it 50/50?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Nice try but no, dems give people the ability to decide for themselves if they can raise a child or not. The GOP platform wants to remove that ability for people, but yet campaign on wanting less government control.

The platform being that zygote is life. Yet there is no concern for the lives that already exist. You could say the same about the dems if the dems also campaigned to remove family planning decisions from everybody.

In all the years I have been debating this topic with the anti abortionists, not one, not a single ONE, was ever willing to take responsibilty for the unwanted child they wish to force on someone else.

As for the independants, they haven't been as vocal, or as large as the GOP, they haven't forced state sanctioned rape on women, aka pre abortion sonograms. So they really don't factor.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Really? you think if women carried guns, there would be less rape?

So, you are against the majority of abortion, yet you are ok with people killing their attacker?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fetuses can't feel pain till the 28th week.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join