It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by randyvs

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

I love you .
This passage remains true except this is the web.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by MrXYZ
We know that a lot of things in the bible are scientifically incorrect. For example, we know for a FACT that a global flood never happened.

Your "FACTS" are LIES...

Here are the FACTS: "Science" is nothing but an Illuminati front used as another means of Mind Control to brainwash civilization.

Dude, science built the computer you used to create that post and all the others in this thread. So...you were saying?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Science is of God and make no mistake about it.
However science without Gods guidance leaves everything to be desired.

I'm doing quotes now, if anyone's interested ?

edit on 22-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by jiggerj

So... we agree that there is historical fact in the Bible. Our difference is that I say it is from a Jewish and Christian perspective and you say it is fiction set against a backdrop of history... thus, it is a matter of faith.

The history it is played against is fact... Herod, Ceasar, Egypt, Assyrria, etc

Another one of my favorite examples of history being found to be fact... In what was the ancient Assyrian Empire, small ancient clay tablets were found. They were receipts between the Assyrians and the Issakesseni or House of Issac... the 10 exiled tribes of the Northern Kingdom of Israel... circa 780bc.

Was it devine or just one countryy pitted against another?... leave that to faith.

Did it happen?... archeology and history say Yes.

In every fictional tale with a backdrop in reality, by the end of these stories every bit of evidence is destroyed, like: the cure for cancer, demons exorcised, magic wands, alien technology...

With the bible stories we can ask, where is the body of Jesus? Gone.
Where are the original commandments that were handed down by god? Well, they're in the ark of the covenant. Where is the ark of the covenant? Don't know.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Moses split the rock with his staff and water gushed from the rock abundantly. So the red sea wasn't the only thing being divided at the time.

Um, sorry, that is highly improbable. I can't even begin to work out the odds on that. If their is any maths guru's out there I really would like to hear the odds: SO, just to re-cap, that's odds on for splitting a solid rock with a staff and water gushing from nowhere?

I also would like to see how big that rock is. I.e. Human vs Rock size?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oppsey!

That's a "No he didn't" then.

Sorry this is all completely daft, but here's a link:

www.arkdiscovery.com...
edit on 22-8-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by olliemc84

How many wars do you think could have been avoided....how many lives lost do you think could have been saved if there was no "God"? You do realize that most conflicts arise during a dispute over whos "God" is better, right? Crusades, Inquisition, Spanish entering the New World,....all that over religious beliefs. So give it a rest. Here's an idea...maybe the "God" that you think created this wonderful world was a complete idiot. That makes more sense to me then what you claim "God" is.

Who are you to say who is an idiot at anytime during your short inexperienced existence ? My word and you say Christians are arrogant. Look at yourself you really are one step below humorous with your insults. I think my perspective will ring true when the bell trolls.

Back on topic If you please lest we turn this into another pantomime.
edit on 21-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

All of those wars would still have taken place because the true intent was not religious, but greed and insanity. Religion was the excuse used in order to grab land, gold, slaves...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Religion was the excuse used in order to grab land, gold, slaves...

Or to put the fear of "God" into people................a way of control?

"Don't do that! Or the big man in the sky will get you and your family"

AKA lightning.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice that you're claiming science for God when most other religious nuts decry it as the work of Satan. I have to say, I think you'd have had a more appreciative audience had you created a thread that was less strident and super smug as this thread is. The shark wasn't so much jumped as flown over Dukes of Hazzard-style the minute you started calling anyone who didn't kiss your ass in this thread crackpot trolls. Being a huge history fan, I'd have really appreciated a serious, informative and educational thread like the title promises. Whether I believe in God or not, I'd have lapped it right up. Instead, you've just created a self-indulgent mess that proves nothing. While I'm hugely disappointed, it's always good to know the posters whose threads I should avoid in future, safe in the knowledge that I'm not missing anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

*yawn* Is it over yet?

I can, in five minutes, corroborate more facts in any of the Harry Potter stories than you could in your Bible. Because quoting the Bible does NOT count as proof that it's true.

And in case I'm unclear here, I am talking about the Biblical conversations. I couldn't care less about the rest...it's the dialogue that's important. And you can't prove a single word of those really important conversations actually happened.
edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

....anyway please provide those facts.

this'll be something for the books. maybe J.K. Rowling is God? hahaha

Mike

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Anyone who has doubts of the exodus should watch this doc:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Nice that you're claiming science for God when most other religious nuts decry it as the work of Satan. I have to say, I think you'd have had a more appreciative audience had you created a thread that was less strident and super smug as this thread is. The shark wasn't so much jumped as flown over Dukes of Hazzard-style the minute you started calling anyone who didn't kiss your ass in this thread crackpot trolls. Being a huge history fan, I'd have really appreciated a serious, informative and educational thread like the title promises. Whether I believe in God or not, I'd have lapped it right up. Instead, you've just created a self-indulgent mess that proves nothing. While I'm hugely disappointed, it's always good to know the posters whose threads I should avoid in future, safe in the knowledge that I'm not missing anything.

Yeah you're so out of line with that kiss ass crap ! The smugness comes only from tolerating the crap these crack pot trolls dish out constantly. I wonder if Jigger feels that way or Winword no off topic posts from them at all. And I even put up with these crack pot trolls when their not trolling the iron bell. Serious informative thread is what gets dismissed and trolled. So I don't have a problem with your complaint accept where the hell you're directing it. Which is about to get you tossed in with em. And no you're not missing anything because you don't want to know anything that might ruin your bleak out look on life. Whatever your outlook is.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Fabrication of Jesus Christ - Christopher Hitchens

It's worth anyone's time regardless of which side you are on, to watch this mans thoughts and debates. There are hours and hours of it on Youtube. RIP Christopher Hitchens.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Completely off topic. But I'll play along:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

"play along"?

What was my agenda?

I have watched every debate Craig has on Youtube as well already

I posted something on topic. Hitchens discusses historical accuracy in that video clip... That's the topic no?

If you want to illustrate key points from that debate you just posted I will gladly partake. I actually like Craig... but I don't think he "won" the debate.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yes! The Holy Bible...History - Present - And Future...

Research Tools - Be Honest and Unbiased.

www.reasons.org...

Also Modern English Correlates 100% (IN CONTEXT)

A to Z A=1 B=2 C=3...Examples...

Ocean (15+3+5+1+14)=38…..tide (20+9+4+5)=38
Tides=57……moon=57
Germs=62…..disease=62…..plague=62
Joseph=73…..Egypt=73
Britain=73…..United=73…..Kingdom=73
Caxton=77…..press=77…..print=77
Judgement=94…..dispute=94…..innocent=94…..guilty=94

The next way that words pair up in context is by being Alternate or Similar. Alternative and Similar words of close affinity provide an abundance of pairing such as:
72 quiet, 72 still; 52 create, 52 form; 86 sibilant, 85 hissing; 62 pause, 62 rest; 50 open, 50 frank.

In our English language we speak of Might and Main, of Neck and Crop, to Join and Quit. These, and many others, all line up.
52 Neck and, 52 Crop; 67 Join and, 67 quit.

Then we say:
74 Eye for, 74 Beauty; 62 Right, 62 as Rain; 54 Fall in, 54 Love.

See how our general usage of words all fits into numeric harmony:
86 Token of, 86 Respect; 68 Passage, 68 of Time; 83 Margin of, 84 Profit; 77 Arts and, 77 Sciences; 85 Silver, 86 Tongued, 87 Orator.

Holy Writ prophesies a time of Restoration of all things. Zephaniah 3:9 speaks of a Pure Language being given to the people, closely associated with the time of Judgment of the Nations.

English has a 26 Letter Alphabet. See how the mark of God is put on this number by His Name in simplest form.

G7, O15, D4=26

By the spelling out of this number, amazing pairings appear.
159 TWENTYSIX, 159 HOLY LETTERS, 159 INSPIRED ALPHABET.

Adding the definite article “the”(33) we get TheTwenty-six Holy Letters, 33+159+159=351.
This number provides the seal of inspiration for there we get the ALPHABET TOTAL. This is the sum of all the letters of the alphabet being added consecutively;1+2+3+4+5+6+7, etc.
351 The Twenty-six Holy Letters, 351 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.
www.asis.com...
Structure - (Modern English=143) (Translation=143)

(Plan=43) (Book=43) (Holy Bible=90) (Word Fact=90) (Reality=90)

Genesis 1:1( In the=56) beginning God (created=56) the heavens and the earth.

Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You( created=56) all things,
And by Your( will=56) they exist and were( created=56).”

(Three=56) (In the=56) (past=56) (created=56) By Their (will=56) (Rule=56) (Term=56)

(Kingdom=73) (Perfect=73) (Number=73) (Count=73) (Format=73)

Jesus=74 Jewish=74 Messiah=74 Cross=74 Point=74 Connect=74 Finished=74 (English=74)

Some Number Reflections... Adam=19 DNA=19 Spirit=91 All=25 Earth=52 Number=73 Place=37

JESUS=74 TIME=47 Faithful=83 Bride=38

Jesus Gave A Great Insight - John 21:11 The ( 153 ) Fish Count...

JESUS WORDS=153 Numeric Proof=153 (Letter Number=153) (God Set In Order=153)

Also In John 21:6 JESUS Said, Cast the net on (The Right Side Of=153)

Perfect Correlation - (IN CONTEXT) = Structure Design - (The Last Language=153)

Also - (The Golden Ratio=153) Seek and Find...scripturecode.com...
edit on 22-8-2012 by ResearchEverything777 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Pics or didn't happen ? Well you're getting your pics so you can debunk as you wish and still claim it didn't happen like some hypocrite.

Chariot wheels at the bottom of the RED sea.

Research777
Well done !

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

"play along"?

What was my agenda?

I have watched every debate Craig has on Youtube as well already

I posted something on topic. Hitchens discusses historical accuracy in that video clip... That's the topic no?

If you want to illustrate key points from that debate you just posted I will gladly partake. I actually like Craig... but I don't think he "won" the debate.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Hitchens is clearly biased. I replied in kind with another video to present a more balanced position (that being 2 very different view points, as opposed to one singular view point which corroborates your own).

I'm glad you enjoy Dr.Craig's debates. I find him to be a fascinating thinker, and his ideas resonate with my own.

It's refreshing to know that you have at the very least, sought to dig deep on the issue of whether or not God exists. Unfortunately I feel this is not the issue of the OP (and Hitchens tended to let his emotions cloud his views by making emotional appeals to his audiences to stress his views). I feel the OP is in regards to the historical validity of the bible. While I feel randy possibly foiled his own thread with the title, (The bible is most certainly NOT a history book), many parts of the bible ARE confirmed by archaeology. Some of these discoveries even proving it's accuracy before academia had a complete picture within the context of what was being discussed in the scriptures.
edit on 22-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Seraph is correct and I'm not being biased by saying that Lucid. Please join us in something closer to the topic if you choose of course. This is how threads get derailed partner. Haven't seen you around so I'm just trying to hold my thread together here. Hopefully you'll appreciate that?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Hitchens is clearly biased. I replied in kind with another video to present a more balanced position (that being 2 very different view points, as opposed to one singular view point which corroborates your own).

Now now. Hitches is no less biased than Craig... That's not a very 'balanced' thing to say

I posted a short clip that was just him speaking. I never claimed it to be 'balanced'. In fact I made zero claim at all. I highly recommend people watch the full debates. Including the one you posted.

It's refreshing to know that you have at the very least, sought to dig deep on the issue of whether or not God exists.

I am a deist. I do believe in 'God'. Just not the affirmation of holy scriptures. So on some things we would be on the same side and others not.

Unfortunately I feel this is not the issue of the OP (and Hitchens tended to let his emotions cloud his views by making emotional appeals to his audiences to stress his views).

Again the context was Biblical accuracy and that is on topic. I am not discounting he uses emotion or that he appeals to emotion. He is clearly a very educated person. If he wasn't respected in that regard he wouldn't have been invited to debate so often with theologians, etc. In all fairness in the video he referenced sources and asked people to look into his claims for themselves, no?

I feel the OP is in regards to the historical validity of the bible.

Again. It was on topic.

(The bible is most certainly NOT a history book), many parts of the bible ARE confirmed by archaeology.

For sure. Some is. However because of the (supposed) infallible nature of the Bible as the Word of God it begs the question of why there might be innacuracies.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join