It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Your "source" is garbage!

Glad you liked it!

David's site makes some awesome points about how believing in the religion of Science takes a huge leap of faith...

Has Science become a Religion?

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith.

Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion. Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith. Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

LINK

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

And you can get free image hosting there too

Thanks for the comedy

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by r2d246

I believe

That's all you needed to say. Belief doesn't explain gravity, facts do.

Jesus said to one of his disciples. "The secrets of the knowledge of the truth have been revealed to you...." Not everyone is meant to understand this knowledge. But ultimately it's mens pride that holds them back. It's a weird phenomina. I don't fully understand it but I've seen in a gazillion times.

What happens though is people fully identify with that pride and so they follow it. Rather they should take a step back in there mind. Like look at this pride objectively like as if viewing it from an independent 3rd party and ask unbiasedly "why is this pride not wanting me to be exposed or learn about christianity??"

The reason is simply because once you understand and accept truth that's it. You finally have made it. You've crossed some kind of unseen spiritual threath hold that exists. And everyone must decide if they're gonna cross it. But again it's the pride that seems to make most turn away.

Like for example...people think in terms of stuff like "what will my friends think if they find out I'm a Chrstian" or stuff like that. But if you think of the benefits of knowing and accepting the truth they far outweigh what little reasoning your pride can give you for not accepting.

The main reason I like is knowing the creator. You get to know the most powerful being in the entire universe. It's hard to almost wrap your mind around that. It's an extremely powerful spiritual standpoint. Who doesn't like to know say for example a rich or powerful person? Now magnify that by a gazillion. You have relations with the source of all life. Once you accept that and understand it, then nothing in this world can ever effect you. You don't fear death anymore because you know where you came from and where you're going. You have power in this world too beyond measure.

It's really unearthly wisdom and secret knowledge which is why not everyone is meant to have it. Anyway enough said. Hopefully people on hear will figure things out sooner than later. Pride, and ego, get rid of them if you can so you can finally see the truth about what this thing we call life is all about.

edit on 22-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

What you are describing is blind belief...and the fact that ignorance can indeed be bliss.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I pray some people will explore this website. At the top of the page are different categories, each with many sub-categories when you put the cursor on them. As you look at these teaching, pray that you see the truth for what it really is: the truth. If don't believe in God and Jesus, please, pray anyway. It won't hurt anyone to take 10 minutes of their time to look, but it will definitely help you

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What you are describing is blind belief...and the fact that ignorance can indeed be bliss.

His God speaks the truth, yours on the other hand...

Behold your "God"...

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses.

"...scientists who see an intelligent force at work in nature are being fired from their jobs. ...mention "intelligent design" today and your career is over. Why are "secularists" so afraid of intelligent design?

Because they're funded by the Illuminati, (Rockefellers, Rothschilds etc.) who are Satanists. Satanists fear that acceptance of this "intelligence" will interfere with the makeover they're giving humanity. They think they are God.

Secularism pretends to be about freedom and tolerance but that's a ruse. It is Satanism in disguise and nothing freaks a Satanist more than the rumor of God or anything resembling Him. Watch the Trailer! The secularists are more fanatical than any religious cult. They are a satanic cult. They deny the obvious! They have to expel scientists! They have to stop free inquiry and debate!

Yes Virginia, there is no Satan. But there are legions of his disciples ready to betray truth for transitory profit. They're in academia, the mass media, government and the National Academy of "Sciences."

They serve the Prince of Lies. They make evil seem good, lies seem true. They want humanity to be an accomplice in its own demise. This is why Satanists "reveal the method." They want our moral complicity. They want our souls.

Modern Western history is the record of the overthrow of Christianity by Satanism disguised as secularism. Satanism has pervaded every aspect of our cultural and intellectual life but we hoped that science would be spared. Apparently, this is not to be.

Intelligent Scientists "Expelled" by Illuminati
Teaser Trailer
Super Trailer
Full Movie

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

No I'm not. There's a whole study on apologetic proving the factual and scientific truth of the bible and Christianity. You can't blindly fool over a billion people. Get real. Many are gonna try and tare it to shreds with there doctorates in history before they believe. Christianity is the most factual, uncontroversial, and historical accurate religious belief on the planet. That's why it has the most followers. This is not rocket science that people have to figure it all out. We're way past that. It's already been scientifically and factually proven and accounted for. All that's left for anyone to overcome is there pride and ego which holds people back from breaking through to the secrets of understanding.

Jesus is a more documented historical figure and validated by more sources than most historical people. But regardless of what you believe it takes a measure of faith. It's like this. Your on a sinking ship right now. There's various life boats. You get on the one that looks most trustworthy and you'll be saved. Or you stay on the titanic and drown. Maybe just try and believe the ship isn't sinking or something. But at some point your life will be over. Could be tmrw. So you got a limited window of time to figure out what this lifes about. To tame your pride and ego that's doing all it can to stop you from doing so. Anyway food for thought.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

There's a whole study on apologetic proving the factual and scientific truth of the bible and Christianity.

The bible isn't factual....and as I mentioned already, in many cases it's demonstrably wrong. And that's a FACT.

The fact that billions of people are religious doesn't justify their claims or somehow proves them right. Facts aren't determined by majority opinion, all that matters is objective evidence if you make claims.

Also, the amount of non-religious people is growing...and it's growing exponentially ever since information has become more available (Internet). Some call it a "conspiracy"...but it's really the availability of objective information.

Before the Internet you only found out about science through often superficial TV programs and outdated library books....if that. In many countries they didn't even have access to that. Now everyone with an internet connection can google whatever they want and get proper sources (instead of the nonsense image hosting sources some unnamed posters here use).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Ahahahahaha, Ben Stein's movie...you went too far, it's obvious you're just trolling now

No one can be that stupid to seriously believe that clowns drivel

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

His God speaks the truth, yours on the other hand...

Behold your "God"...

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses.

"...scientists who see an intelligent force at work in nature are being fired from their jobs. ...mention "intelligent design" today and your career is over. Why are "secularists" so afraid of intelligent design?

Because they're funded by the Illuminati, (Rockefellers, Rothschilds etc.) who are Satanists. Satanists fear that acceptance of this "intelligence" will interfere with the makeover they're giving humanity. They think they are God.

Secularism pretends to be about freedom and tolerance but that's a ruse. It is Satanism in disguise and nothing freaks a Satanist more than the rumor of God or anything resembling Him. Watch the Trailer! The secularists are more fanatical than any religious cult. They are a satanic cult. They deny the obvious! They have to expel scientists! They have to stop free inquiry and debate!

Yes Virginia, there is no Satan. But there are legions of his disciples ready to betray truth for transitory profit. They're in academia, the mass media, government and the National Academy of "Sciences."

They serve the Prince of Lies. They make evil seem good, lies seem true. They want humanity to be an accomplice in its own demise. This is why Satanists "reveal the method." They want our moral complicity. They want our souls.

Modern Western history is the record of the overthrow of Christianity by Satanism disguised as secularism. Satanism has pervaded every aspect of our cultural and intellectual life but we hoped that science would be spared. Apparently, this is not to be.

Intelligent Scientists "Expelled" by Illuminati
Teaser Trailer
Super Trailer
Full Movie

You keep using this illuminati/science angle without proof of an illuminati even existing.

Bible - check
Illuminati - check

What else are you going to spew on the world wide web that you claim is true without any valid proof or documentation? Are unicorns real too? Bigfoot is living in your basement?

Science has done greater things for humanity than any religion ever could.

If there was a mass epidemic and all of humanity was in danger of being wiped out, would you get farther if you asked a priest to pray for everyone's well being, or would you ask a scientist to find a vaccine?

There is only one correct answer.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sure! By the way, everyone at ATS says hi and wishes you a healthy and enlightening day... And regarding the topic, you still haven't provided the empirical evidence you seem to think you have...

Meanwhile everyone at ATS awaits your Harry Potter credentials. How many times I gotta ask you to stay on topic ? I mean do you have to take advantage of the fact that I refuse to hit the alert button ?
edit on 22-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Sure! By the way, everyone at ATS says hi and wishes you a healthy and enlightening day... And regarding the topic, you still haven't provided the empirical evidence you seem to think you have...

Meanwhile everyone at ATS awaits your Harry Potter credentials. How many times I gotta ask you to stay on topic ? I mean do you have to take advantage of the fact that I refuse to hit the alert button ?

All of your opponents have asked YOU for proof of your claims. You keep refering to scripture, which is obviously subject to questioning with the crowd on this tread. How about YOU stay on topic and provide rock solid proof that the living bible is proof of historical happenings.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by randyvs

All of your opponents have asked YOU for proof of your claims. You keep refering to scripture, which is obviously subject to questioning with the crowd on this tread. How about YOU stay on topic and provide rock solid proof that the living bible is proof of historical happenings.

debate.org.uk...

It took me 2 minutes and ONE click to find that. Quit being so lazy and do some research

Edit:

Further reading (in fact I would suggest doing some digging on David Rohl's work and theories. He's published some fascinating books that are worth the read for anyone interested in ancient history, biblical archaeology, etc):

debate.org.uk...

David Rohl:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

X I'll take blind belief in anything that resembles something not of this world over lying, thieving inexperienced men any day. If history shows you anything it shows you we are just that. And no man is worth the trust you put into them. And if there is no God Pal ? Then this is what we have to look forward to forever. There is hope if there is God and history should teach you that unless you are blind and your last name is Windsor. If it isn't get over yourself.
Cause not one of us would make a pimple on a nats ass in the scheme of things .

After

.ah, thank you. You just reminded me why my head hurts so badly.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Ha Ha I don't see that any where ! And despite being the easiest thing to do. It would be laughable if they were asking that in the face of the proof given. Don't include winwords lil request that I already conceded too. But proof ? Hell that's obviously something you don't want. I was actually hoping this thread would be filled with people who would like to hear answers, not a pack of crack pot trolls again.

I can go you one better twice and not even try.

The Living Bible

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I love the fact you posted this right after pics were provided

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah, how ironic..........................some rocks.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yeah, how ironic..........................some rocks
reply to post by CaptainBeno

It''s the rock that Moses split when the peeps were all whiny about water. Look at it closer.

Moses split the rock with his staff and water gushed from the rock abundantly. So the red sea wasn't the only thing being divided at the time.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join