The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
IF you wish to participate herein please click the link and view all of the video. Also the video I provided. I truly believe this to be so.. However many of you will dispute this, but facts are facts and the truth of what once was lives forever because that is the way of truth. Thus we call it The Living Bible. So are the many lost souls who cling to false doctrine. False doctrine, like Zietgiest that sets itself up against the truth of the Bible, because it immediately makes their lives more simplistic at every turn.

See once one can dispense with the authority a Creator holds over his creation ? It presents one with a life they can live with out that conscientiousness. It leaves one free from self condemnation
and guilt. So people are ready to believe anything different from the Bible. Even the fact that it is a cold hard record of history. In this thread I hope to show how man has doctored histrory to make it suit his own needs ( The winners record history ). Particxipants for the view I purpose, will help me to show this all the way from evidence of the Gihon and Pishon rivers ( Garden of Eden ) now extinct. To the flood and of any oither ancient historicity the Bible claims

Jesus christ died for you !

I've saved quite a lot for the discussion I know will ensue.

edit on 21-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

*yawn* Is it over yet?

I can, in five minutes, corroborate more facts in any of the Harry Potter stories than you could in your Bible. Because quoting the Bible does NOT count as proof that it's true.

And in case I'm unclear here, I am talking about the Biblical conversations. I couldn't care less about the rest...it's the dialogue that's important. And you can't prove a single word of those really important conversations actually happened.
edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Be my Ziet guest .

I wish you would.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good afternoon Randyvs... I too believe the Bible is a history book... albeit from a Jewish and Christian perspective, it is history never the less.

The lineage of kings, pharoahs, and rulers is verifiable. The timeline of invasions, rise and fall of kingdoms is verifiable, the movements and migrations of people have been proven by both science and archeology.

The social sciences and archeology of cultures and peoples and everyday life have validated the descriptions given in the Bible... eating customs, political rivalries and practices, money and economic trade, even bigotry towards Nazarenes and Gentiles and Galileans.

More and more articles are being published on findings from Solomon's Temple and Temple Mount.

Anyway... I have books written on this very subject. To write more would be redundant here.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Dialogue is not verifiable. And I may be wrong, but isn't the dialogue, the stuff that was said between persons, the most important part of the Bible?

One other thing: last I checked, I've never encountered a single Bible that was actually a "living" Bible...it was a bunch of pages that people make a huge deal over. That's all.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs
Even the fact that it is a cold hard record of history.

History books are frequently revised due to inaccuracies, over embellishments and flat out lies.

oh btw

The Living Bible (TLB) is an English version of the Bible created by Kenneth N. Taylor. It was first published in 1971. Unlike most English Bibles, The Living Bible is a paraphrase (not the translation of the Bible but, rather, the rendering of the Bible into a work that retells all or part of the Bible in a manner that accords with a particular set of theological or political doctrines.). Taylor used the American Standard Version of 1901 as his base text.
- wikipedia
So, it's a re-re-re-translation/edit
edit on 8/21/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That was a super corny video!

As far as the Bible being a credible history book.......

Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights

And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

History?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If I have to hear that Jesus died for me one more time I might have to pull the hair out of my head.

I do not affiliate myself with any religion. I don't believe Jesus was killed for any sins, mine or anyone else's. If he even existed, and was indeed executed by the Romans, it was because of his own actions. His and his alone. Why is it so hard for people to comprehend that people are responsible for their own actions?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Jesus Christ died for me?

Is he still dead Randy?

Because if not, if he just came back to life and returned to being immortal and all powerful, than he didn't sacrifice anything.

Also, please tell me what Jesus was saving me FROM, because I have yet to get a good answer to that from any Christian EVER.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I agree it was corn ball to the bone Win no doubt there, but you suffered through it. And you can't deny the truth of it.]

Thanks for watching.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Bible is a compilation of anecdotes and fairy tales. The writers threw in some names and places to make it seem plausible. We do the same thing today. I'll give an example:

The television series "24". Jack Bauer travels to many different cities. These are real places and verifiable. There is an exact timeline. This is also verifiable. There are also references to customs and procedures used by the governments of that time. Also verifiable. None of these things make Jack Bauer a real person.

I can do the same comparison using the Star Trek and Star wars communities. Places, times, lineages, customs, they are all there. Doesn't make any of them real people does it?

I'm still firmly in the camp that says the Bible is fiction. There are just way to may inconsistencies and logical errors for that book to be taken literally (or seriously).

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Most of all Titen he is saving each one of us from ourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I only suffered through about 2/3's of it. The National Anthem playing in the background and all that bible talk reeked on 1950's brainwashing. I can, and do deny the "truthiness" of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe you should do some research on real history. Like when Constantine set up the Council of Nicea to decide which gospels were good enough for him to make it into the Bible. And which people, or heretics, if you will, were to be burned at the stake because they followed a different set of religious beliefs and theorys of Jesus and his message. To say that the bible is true history is to say that the movie Inglorious Bastards was based on a real life story and that Hitler was burned in a French movie theatre.

What about the other gospels that never made the bible? The books that were heavily influenced by gnostic beliefs? Were they not history as well?

Nope. Just pick and choose. Just like Constantine.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Ourselves", you're referring to sin yes?

Sins like eating shellfish and working on a Saturday and lusting after another man's wife right?

Where do sin and evil come from Randy?

If at one point a perfect all powerful loving being was all that existed where did sin come from?

And lastly, if Jesus died to save us from our own self-destructive sinful nature than why, exactly, are people, Christians who have accepted this salvation included, still sinners?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by randyvs

I only suffered through about 2/3's of it. The National Anthem playing in the background and all that bible talk reeked on 1950's brainwashing. I can, and do deny the "truthiness" of the Bible.

Hopefully this will be a little easier on the senses Win. Not nearly as long and includes some research. also not so steeped in the Catholic view.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

*yawn* Is it over yet?

I can, in five minutes, corroborate more facts in any of the Harry Potter stories than you could in your Bible. Because quoting the Bible does NOT count as proof that it's true.

And in case I'm unclear here, I am talking about the Biblical conversations. I couldn't care less about the rest...it's the dialogue that's important. And you can't prove a single word of those really important conversations actually happened.

Alot of it has been proven, just about as much as anything else you wanna believe. Saying the bibles not true is like saying the world is flat, I know its round, but im not gonna prove it...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Saying the bibles not true is like saying the world is flat, I know its round, but im not gonna prove it...

Actually, it's nothing like that. I can pull up a picture, time stamp and all, showing the Earth is round.

Try again. On second thought, don't...I can't take much more idiocy today.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

apparently when adam and eve ate from the tree of knowlodge they became like gods knowing good from evil before that man was like any other animal

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

If I have to hear that Jesus died for me one more time I might have to pull the hair out of my head.

Alright if your eye offends you pluck it out !

After

.I can't take much more idiocy today. edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Funny that you spend your time running AFTER other members idiocy.

Let the record show you as the first to use an ad -hominem here in.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join