It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

“Babylon…shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make a fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there;…and satyrs shall dance there…and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Babylon was not destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah. It was repeatedly attacked for centuries, by numerous enemies before it fell. It didn't go up in a ball if fire at the hand of God, no women were turned into pillars of salt.

The prophecy clearly says that it will never be inhabited again, but Bagdad sits right there and has for 1,200 years. Arabs have pitched tents there. The prophecy fails!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by r2d246

I have read the Bible from cover t cover, a few times. It doesn't scare me nor do I find profound truth coursing through it.

Although I respect anyone's Religious Beliefs we are debating here and there are many Mistranslations in the Bible such as Moses did not part the RED SEA....He and his people crossed the REED SEA...a Marshy Tidal Area near the Med and as Low Tide occurred...they crossed and as the Egyptian Army chased them...the Egyptians were caught as the tide came in and swamped their chariots. THIS is the actual Translation of the original text and the Various Leaders including the Vatican are aware of this and have admitted as much but have not changed the Bible as giving the reason that even though the text was not properly translated...we feel a change of the Bible at this time could confuse the Faithful. This is but ONE of MANY instances in the Bible that are not true events. Split Infinity

NOT true events?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

“Babylon…shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make a fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there;…and satyrs shall dance there…and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Babylon was not destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah. It was repeatedly attacked for centuries, by numerous enemies before it fell. It didn't go up in a ball if fire at the hand of God, no women were turned into pillars of salt.

The prophecy clearly says that it will never be inhabited again, but Bagdad sits right there and has for 1,200 years. Arabs have pitched tents there. The prophecy fails!

Incorrect. It has been destitute for over a millenia. But sure. Lets see all the people living in its ruins

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
New Babylon

Looks like a bussling city to me

edit on 22-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

The prophecy says it will never be inhabited, but Bagdad sits right on top of it's ruins. It is inhabited. Babylon is still there, it's just reincarnated with a new name, but people live there.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

The prophecy says it will never be inhabited, but Bagdad sits right on top of it's ruins. It is inhabited. Babylon is still there, it's just reincarnated with a new name, but people live there.

Again, incorrect. Get your facts straight.

The city itself is situated 80+ km south of Baghdad. Add to this, the fact you contend against a prophecy with a city (which is still destitute despite plans to rebuild it) vs a kingdom, and you have done nothing but show your own agenda.

You have contributed nothing to this thread, short of your own personal bias, and have not refuted the OP in any single way, shape, or form.

NOR have you refuted Isaiah.

Care to take a stab at David and his prophecy of the Messiah? (no pun or disrespect intended)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

WRONG. get your facts straight.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

reply to post by r2d246

I have read the Bible from cover t cover, a few times. It doesn't scare me nor do I find profound truth coursing through it.

Although I respect anyone's Religious Beliefs we are debating here and there are many Mistranslations in the Bible such as Moses did not part the RED SEA....He and his people crossed the REED SEA...a Marshy Tidal Area near the Med and as Low Tide occurred...they crossed and as the Egyptian Army chased them...the Egyptians were caught as the tide came in and swamped their chariots. THIS is the actual Translation of the original text and the Various Leaders including the Vatican are aware of this and have admitted as much but have not changed the Bible as giving the reason that even though the text was not properly translated...we feel a change of the Bible at this time could confuse the Faithful. This is but ONE of MANY instances in the Bible that are not true events. Split Infinity

NOT true events?

That is correct. Not True Events because of Mistranslation. LOOK IT UP! Google REED SEA. Unless you feel you Faith is too fragile to look up a FACT! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Which version of Babylon is uninhabited?

If you don't like people who disagree with you maybe you should take a break from ATS. A lot of us here don't believe the Bible is the "word of God."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Which version of Babylon is uninhabited?

If you don't like people who disagree with you maybe you should take a break from ATS. A lot of us here don't believe the Bible is the "word of God."

Funny how the definition changes when you've been called out?

You tell me? Is it the city (which is not under Baghdad as you've claimed) or is it the kingdom?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Whats your source, Wackypedia?

THE RUINS OF ANCIENT BABYLON LIE "between Baghdad and Najaf, at a point due east of Karbala. The Euphrates originally swept past Babylon, but then shifted nine miles to the west."

"Nowadays, the ruins of Ancient Babylon covers about 302 km lying on the east bank of Euphrates 90 km south of Baghdad and about 10 km north of Hilla." -"Babylon, Iraq", AtlasTours.net

What Happened to The Man Who Attempted to Rebuild Ancient "Babylon" ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Okay. But the area that was Babylon is inhabited. It's quite the tourist spot. People live there.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

A lot of us here don't believe the Bible is the "word of God."

A lot of us here DO believe...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Okay. But the area that was Babylon is inhabited. It's quite the tourist spot. People live there.

You haven't answered my question. You originally disputed me and claimed the city of Babylon was under Baghdad. When I called you on it, you compared a map of Babylon to modern Iraq. So which is it, windword? Do you admit you were wrong, or do you take the easy way out and cherry pick?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You tell me. Did God mean the buildings in the capitol city or the Kingdom? Why destroy a city when it's the whole kingdom that's distasteful? What happened to the promised fire and brimstone of the prophecy and the satyrs? Seems you conveniently ignore some parts and focus on others.

There are tons of other failed prophecies we can hash through? Is that where this thread should be going? Is that what it takes to discuss the premise of the uniqueness of the "living Bible" being historically true?

edit on 22-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Ergo, the debate. Do you just want only the people who agree with you participate in a thread?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The OP has to do with history. On which topic I have just schooled you on. I don't care why you don't like God or if you agree with Him. You've been exposed as not having the ability to contend against the Bible in a historical context, short of your own emotional outbursts. If there will be no more from you (which I am sure there will be), I'd appreciate at the very least a re-think, if not an apology.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

WOW! Even though this post was not a reply to me...a bit of Hypocrisy? YOU did not reply or perhaps did not check for or look up MY POST...which the Vatican Itself has admitted...yet you post this reply?

Bit of a Double Standard EH? Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

WOW! Even though this post was not a reply to me...a bit of Hypocrisy? YOU did not reply or perhaps did not check for or look up MY POST...which the Vatican Itself has admitted...yet you post this reply?

Bit of a Double Standard EH? Split Infinity

I'm sorry split, I am missing what you are alluding to unless it's the scientific explanations for the 10 plagues of egypt (which I actually alluded to a long time ago much earlier in the thread)

If I am missing something else you'd like to discuss, please expand.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

What does the Vatican have to do with Christianity?

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created
The Catholic church and Islam are frauds

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join