It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sort of on topic ....these are a couple videos you should watch. Anyone will find these very facinating...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Just for starters.... (You asked me to watch your video, will you watch this one? Probably not because that will detract from your sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!) Contrary opinion isn't evil. It's just contrary opinion.

Holy crap Patron give a guy a line of a credit will ya? So negative why ? You sat thru my vid so you say, I'll check your vid. But you need to back up and settle the hell down Rin Tin Tin.

Too bad you can't find something that doesn't consist of mocking Jesus with crap like" Temple tantrum ". all these Bozos that are supposed to be intelligent can't even figure out how stupid that makes them sound.
Temple Tantrum seriously oh well I tried. Might be great laughs for the lost but I won't listen unless they can show restraint they way Christians do. Sorry !
edit on 23-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Do you even bother thinking for yourself? Are you aware there is ample evidence for a HUGE regional flood, that actually coincides with the account given in Genesis? Have you bothered to take a look at that evidence or are you just content to parrot ideas you've been fed while accusing theists of doing the same?

Show me the money?

I present to you this: ncse.com...

I even do you the service of presenting an article that is critical of this theory. At least I've done my home work. I'd appreciate it if you started doing yours.

The problem I have here, is not that you ask questions (you should). It's that you only ask the questions you are told to. You have not bothered to look into the evidence presented by the "other side". While myself and others, have dug deep into the issues due to criticisms leveled by people like you.

It seems to me only one type of person is interested in the truth: Those who love it.

The article you present, about the Great flood, and proof, therefore, of the Bible being "historical evidence" of said flood, doesn't prove that the God of the Bible is true or real.

The Biblical story of Noah, is a plagiarized, watered down , Reader's Digest version of the "Epic of Gilgamesh," a Sumerian Poem, and not unique to the Hebrews. They probably learned the story while in captivity in Babylon, and then changed the story to fit their god, in their book.

The Epic of Gilgamesh

en.wikipedia.org...

Gilgamesh was given knowledge of how to worship the gods, of why death was ordained for human beings, what makes a good king, and how to live a good life. The story of Utnapishtim, the hero of the flood myth, can also be found in the Babylonian Epic of Atrahasis.

The Epic of Gilgamesh has been of interest to Christians ever since its discovery in the mid-nineteenth century in the ruins of the great library at Nineveh, with its account of a universal flood with significant parallels to the Flood of Noah's day.1, 2 The rest of the Epic, which dates back to possibly third millennium B.C., contains little of value for Christians, since it concerns typical polytheistic myths associated with the pagan peoples of the time. However, some Christians have studied the ideas of creation and the afterlife presented in the Epic.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank You! Great Topic...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Do you even bother thinking for yourself? Are you aware there is ample evidence for a HUGE regional flood, that actually coincides with the account given in Genesis? Have you bothered to take a look at that evidence or are you just content to parrot ideas you've been fed while accusing theists of doing the same?

Show me the money?

I present to you this: ncse.com...

I even do you the service of presenting an article that is critical of this theory. At least I've done my home work. I'd appreciate it if you started doing yours.

The problem I have here, is not that you ask questions (you should). It's that you only ask the questions you are told to. You have not bothered to look into the evidence presented by the "other side". While myself and others, have dug deep into the issues due to criticisms leveled by people like you.

It seems to me only one type of person is interested in the truth: Those who love it.

The article you present, about the Great flood, and proof, therefore, of the Bible being "historical evidence" of said flood, doesn't prove that the God of the Bible is true or real.

The Biblical story of Noah, is a plagiarized, watered down , Reader's Digest version of the "Epic of Gilgamesh," a Sumerian Poem, and not unique to the Hebrews. They probably learned the story while in captivity in Babylon, and then changed the story to fit their god, in their book.

The Epic of Gilgamesh

en.wikipedia.org...

Gilgamesh was given knowledge of how to worship the gods, of why death was ordained for human beings, what makes a good king, and how to live a good life. The story of Utnapishtim, the hero of the flood myth, can also be found in the Babylonian Epic of Atrahasis.

The Epic of Gilgamesh has been of interest to Christians ever since its discovery in the mid-nineteenth century in the ruins of the great library at Nineveh, with its account of a universal flood with significant parallels to the Flood of Noah's day.1, 2 The rest of the Epic, which dates back to possibly third millennium B.C., contains little of value for Christians, since it concerns typical polytheistic myths associated with the pagan peoples of the time. However, some Christians have studied the ideas of creation and the afterlife presented in the Epic.

This thread is not if the "God of the bible" is true, or if he even exists. I am really starting to feel like a broken record here. It is my personal opinion that God gave you a brain to use. So use it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Then why did you bring up prophecy as proof, if it wasn't about proving the influence of God?

And why is the title of this thread about the "living" Bible. What is a living book? Isn't the Bible the word of God" How can you separate God from the discussion if he authored the book?

edit on 23-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Then why did you bring up prophecy as proof, if it wasn't about proving the influence of God? I

And why is the title of this thread about the "living" Bible. What is a living book? Isn't the Bible the word of God" How can you separate God from the discussion if he authored the book?

to refute something you'd said earlier (when you got off topic AGAIN).

Either you wish to discuss the subject of the historicity of the bible, or you don't. Which is it? (Not sure why I'm even asking since you and I have already been through this in this very thread)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

What is a living Bible?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

What is a living Bible?

Something that continually reveals the truth. Would you like to revisit my comment about the fallible nature of man's interpretation of the bible, sodom, and archaeology, or would you like to just pretend none of the points I've raised exist, unless I raise them specifically to you?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

This thread is not if the "God of the bible" is true, or if he even exists.

I am in the process of writing a response for you
And this aspect was a part of it. Since it's currently being discussed I figured I would post this part now.

This is the OP topic matter. It's what the OP said in first post....

Even the fact that it is a cold hard record of history. In this thread I hope to show how man has doctored histrory to make it suit his own needs ( The winners record history ). Particxipants for the view I purpose, will help me to show this all the way from evidence of the Gihon and Pishon rivers ( Garden of Eden ) now extinct. To the flood and of any oither ancient historicity the Bible claims

Jesus christ died for you !

That's the OP. Please note the bold parts.

So essentially.

1. The whole of the Bible is an accurate account of history.
2. Jesus Died for us

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

What is a living Bible?

Something that continually reveals the truth.

What truth? The fact that the cities that the Bible stories were set in actually existed?

Would you like to revisit my comment about the fallible nature of man's interpretation of the bible, sodom, and archaeology, or would you like to just pretend none of the points I've raised exist, unless I raise them specifically to you?

I've already said that there is nothing special or unique about Jews keeping a record of their lineage and the cities and towns in which they lived. It's the truth of the stories that are in question.

Did Jonah live in a fish for 3 days? Did Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego survive a fiery furnace? Are the Bible stories true?

Did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

Did God talk to Moses from a burning bush and fly around in a pillar of fire?

How can you talk about the accuracy of the history of the Bible without talking about the stories and the main character, God?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Jesus Died for us

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sigh.

Come now.

You know, I know, more or less everyone knows, when Christians say "Christ died for your sins" they don't mean to say simply that he died physically. That would be in of itself an entirely earthly historical account. Obviously what you implied, and what Christians imply, is that Christ died for us in a way that transcends earthly matters. It's metaphysical.

So yes you in fact opened your OP topic matter up to something beyond the bounds of historical account.

So apologize for bringing that up or apologize to the posters allegedly going "off topic" for questioning the Bible on metaphysical accounts.

Thanks for calling me a stud. I really am one

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Thanks for calling me a stud. I really am one

Don't put to much on it. It's a term I use loosely.
edit on 23-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That was off topic.

Please stick to the subject matter and refrain from trivial personal comments.

The OP topic is:

The Bible is completely historically accurate and Jesus died so that we may live eternally in heaven.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

What is a living Bible?

This question is relevant because many here are asking for PROOF.

The problem is you are asking the WRONG person with wrong motives.

If you TRULY want proof ask God for it.

He is more than capable of giving anyone all the proof they need.

He's done it for me and countless others throughout history.

I am seriously wondering whether any here are actually interested in what God has to say.

Here are a couple of examples by ATS members of the "living" Bible:

Originally posted by Murgatroid
I had an incredible supernatural encounter as a non-Christian when I opened a Bible sitting on a table in my parents house. I was given instantaneous knowledge that the book I was looking at was written by God. I KNEW this. I knew absolutely NOTHING about what the Bible was.

I was given instantaneous knowledge that the book I was looking at was written by GOD. I KNEW this.

The reason this was so supernatural was because not only was I NOT a believer, I knew absolutely NOTHING about what the Bible was. I was raised as a total heathen.

When that experience happened, it was as if I met God face to face but it was only in the form of supernatural knowledge that was instantly uploaded into my spirit. It was the first of several Divine encounters over many years.

I was so profoundly affected by it that I thought I needed to go out and buy a Bible exactly like the one I just looked at. I had no idea at the time that all Bibles were basically the same, I just thought that this one was somehow had miraculous capabilities.

Originally posted by Joecroft
" I had a spiritual experience while reading Jesus words in the bible and I believe I received the Holy Spirit, and this is why I now believe in him. I did not have any Christian upbringing at all, and therefore I don’t belong to any church denomination."

Originally posted by Rustami
"thanks for reminding me of what I consider an important detail - He spoke at the exact moment I began to open a Gideon New Testament..."

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
"I came to know it was real because of experience, I wasn't a Christian because I decided to pick up a Bible one day an automatically had faith, it takes the effectual working of God, it says every man is given a substance of faith"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's along drive!

But, seriously, yeah, there are a lot of good things, the Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, I like the book of Job, and am fascinated the creation myth.

I support Ancient Alien theory, as you know, as opposed to the Biblical god story, and look at all myths. I found it fascinating that archaeologists found the dried up river of the Rig Vedas, proving their age and assisted them in finding the cities and towns of the stories.

I would love to find those fossil rivers of Eden. But, I fear their river beds may be buried in the sea.

In the video that I embedded, about the 12,000 year old cities, Dwarka, a pre-deluvian society, scientist used geological plate info and a computer to go back in time and see where the shore line was before the ice caps melted. That's how they found the city!

It would be cool to do that with Mesopotamia, in the search for Eden.

They actually found 2 cities, both, the size of Manhattan!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The Bible is completely historically accurate and Jesus died so that we may live eternally in heaven

Very good ! You get a cookie !

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I believe in God. I just don't think that guy from the Old Testament is it!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

The Bible is completely historically accurate and Jesus died so that we may live eternally in heaven

Very good ! You get a cookie !

Jesus Christ.

Really.

Trolling your own thread??....

Good Lord. I am out. At least with discussion with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join