It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I believe in God. I just don't think that guy from the Old Testament is it!

NEVER forget: "that guy" believes in you as well...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

In the video that I embedded, about the 12,000 year old cities, Dwarka, a pre-deluvian society, scientist used geological plate info and a computer to go back in time and see where the shore line was before the ice caps melted. That's how they found the city!

I to am way interested in Dwarka, in fact we share a lot of the same interests. So could ya please stop yank'in my ever lov'in chain all the time ? You know what ? Never mind that, you're teaching me patience if nothing else. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If ya don't want yer chain yank'd, don't make controversial threads! But if you never did, you wouldn't have the Gold Border!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The Bible is completely historically accurate and Jesus died so that we may live eternally in heaven

Very good ! You get a cookie !

Jesus Christ.

Really.

Trolling your own thread??....

Good Lord. I am out. At least with discussion with you.

I would still like to read your post you were working on, personally

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Really that gold crap actually represents something ATS gave this member?

Wow.

Yeah I am done here. Out of principle if nothing else.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well then I will post my reply. Please have the courtesy to reply and not ignore it completely. That is the trend right now to my posts it seems.... You responded to my post last time, and gave a good reply, so that's not pertinent to you. Just hoping the same.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So is everyone simply ignoring that the bible is demonstrably wrong in many many cases?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Good Lord. I am out. At least with discussion with you

Well you started it !

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What did I start exactly?

People were being attacked for allegedly going "off topic" and then I showed by quoting your original posting that the subject matter they were discussing was in fact inline.

That's it.

Anyways. Please carry on.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So is everyone simply ignoring that the bible is demonstrably wrong in many many cases?

Yep everyone X and I'm hammered. Ni Ni everyboddy!?>

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well then I will post my reply. Please have the courtesy to reply and not ignore it completely. That is the trend right now to my posts it seems.... You responded to my post last time, and gave a good reply, so that's not pertinent to you. Just hoping the same.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

Absolutely, Lucid. You are the one "critic" here that has engaged the subject in an intelligent manner, and I am looking forward to your reply. I promise you I will give it as much thought as I would my own leanings. You have demonstrated (to me at least) that you are interested in having an intelligent conversation on the subject, and I enjoy those.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Seraphs actually correct for once. Tho you could loosen up a little.

Saraph you have to know I jest. Later again peeps.
edit on 23-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I'll prolly hate myself in the morning.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Seraphs actually correct for once. Tho you could loosen up a little.

Saraph you have to know I jest. Later again peeps.

I'll prolly hate myself in the morning.

Been there done that. As a terrible Christian with a God given love of beer, I have done it all too often. Have some coffee in the morning, take care of the day's routine, and come back to it. If you mean what you say, apologies will be forthcoming

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
www.thethinkingatheist.com...

And what a wonderful piece of literature it is!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilotrob23
www.thethinkingatheist.com...

And what a wonderful piece of literature it is!

Thanks for your off topic emotional appeal. It's totally a new and refreshing outlook, and hasn't been discussed to death elsewhere, in more relevant threads

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

"But God is true; and EVERY man a liar..."

"That is why you will always hear those who have chosen to live in rebellion to God endlessly mocking and trying to castigate the Bible and calling it fiction, fairy tales, made up by men and more. The fact is, the Bible was written by God Himself, through the pens of men who were operating under His Divine inspiration. It is 100% accurate in ALL matters of life. Those who deny it will always attack it, but in the end, God's Word will still be standing." LINK

Those who choose to live in rebellion to God and His Word are always on the offensive, marketing their rebellion to the masses, finding great comfort and strength in others who have also chosen to live their lives in rebellion to God. They only love those who are like them, in the same rebellion they are in. It is like drunks in a bar. Someone once said that drunks love company. Wrong! Drunks love drunken company, others who are just like them.

These unbelievers are loud, bold, aggressive, and use all of the modern tools of communication to reach the masses 24/7 with their lies and deceptions. They believe that by fighting the truth and denying it, they can escape it and they can be free to live their lives of sin without rebuke.

The lies of the rebels make their flesh feel good and tell them they are alright just like they are and that they can live as they please and there is no one who will stop them or judge them for it.

The very first thing that those who choose to live a life of rebellion MUST do, is minimize and try to discredit God's Word. You see the Bible is God's inspired, inerrant Word, representing Absolute Truth, and is our final authority in all matters. Anyone who doesn’t believe that is NOT a true believer, whether or not they go to church, profess to be a Christian or not. The Bible is the very book that condemns them for their rebellion against God’s commandments!

The truth is the truth, whether or not you accept it, believe it or live by it. It remains truth no matter what is said about it or thought about it. Truth is absolute and eternal, just like God is for He and His Word are one and Jesus is the Word made flesh so we could see a demonstration of the Word and the Love of God lived out in our world. LINK

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

So just more preaching and still no facts from you?

So you're believing so blindly that you completely ignore FACTS like the one that a global flood demonstrably never happened?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And talking snakes?! The thread was talking about the bible as a history book, so I again invite you to read my link! The horrible and contradictive stories of the bible make the post in my opinion very relevant. I understand this has been talked about before, on this site and many others like it. And this thread of 14 plus pages has much emotion as well, so I don't understand where the personal attack comes from. But the history of rape, murder, slavery, and Gods wonderful will should be talked about, either here or anywhere else!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilotrob23

Hmm...

are you sure that was meant for that member?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilotrob23
reply to post by MrXYZ

And talking snakes?! The thread was talking about the bible as a history book, so I again invite you to read my link! The horrible and contradictive stories of the bible make the post in my opinion very relevant. I understand this has been talked about before, on this site and many others like it. And this thread of 14 plus pages has much emotion as well, so I don't understand where the personal attack comes from. But the history of rape, murder, slavery, and Gods wonderful will should be talked about, either here or anywhere else!

I have read your link. It is an emotional appeal and has nothing to do with the subject matter we are attempting to discuss. Why is it so #ing hard for you people to discuss an issue without bringing your emotional appeals into it? Both christians (who have largely disappointed me in this thread) and ... wait... what do we call you? Harry Potterians? I'm not even sure what the # you people are anymore. I'm not even sure you know.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join