It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill banning parents from trying to 'cure' gay kids moves forward

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It is not about tolerance, it is about calling a spade, a spade.

ANd I never claimed tolerance. in fact, I don't tolerate the mis treatment of children at all.

People who think corporeal punishment is the answer are weak and lazy.

edit on 21-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by macman

It is not about tolerance, it is about calling a spade, a spade.

ANd I never claimed tolerance. in fact, I don't tolerate the mis treatment of children at all.

People who think corporeal punishment is the answer are weak and lazy.

edit on 21-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

It is still the parent's decision. Not that Govt and not yours.
Is it not mistreatment anymore then people that raise their children in say the Muslin religion. Or raise their kids as liberals.

edit on 21-8-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Did God himself tell you it is wrong? Or did you read it in an irrelevant, outdated, and heavily edited book with no surviving originals, which enforces a warped morality on the ignorant?

That law is a good thing IMO, it stops idiots who believe in ridiculous fairy stories ruining the lives of people who only want to be what they were born to be.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

Do you really need someone to answer that for you? Or, are you just too blind to see, it goes against NATURE'S principles? Maybe, you're too blind to realize, there is AN AGENDA. There is no such thing as: Coincidence. Has homosexuality been around, since ALMOST the beginning of man? Yes! Has it been dealt with, in swift and strict ways? Absolutely! Why do we accept it??? Beats me!

Fact is, homosexuality is an UNFRUITFUL lifestyle; and each one of us are trees that reproduce, of it's own kind. It's a basic principle. Satan doesn't like God's principles. Don't you "get it"? Earth is SATAN'S domain; by God's doing!!! Faith moves mountains....God does nothing.
He's already DONE IT!

Live the lifestyle YOU CHOOSE. But, when SHTF, and things go completely nuts, don't blame God...blame your lifestyles!!!

And, just for the record, this is NOT a homophobic speech. It's just plain ole' COMMON SENSE!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Going around acting as if your children are possessions to do with what you please, pretty much makes you like the Muslim religion.

The problem for you is that we don't operate in society alone, and we raise children for the world, not for you to beat up on.

So yes, if you are unable to do the job properly, people have a right to come in and defend future citizens, or defend people who can't defend themselves.

And if you are going to turn your kids into aggressive delinquints, I don't want my tax dollars to pay for their jail time later, so I would rather curb it now.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Going around acting as if your children are possessions to do with what you please, pretty much makes you like the Muslim religion.

The problem for you is that we don't operate in society alone, and we raise children for the world, not for you to beat up on.

So yes, if you are unable to do the job properly, people have a right to come in and defend future citizens, or defend people who can't defend themselves.

And if you are going to turn your kids into aggressive delinquints, I don't want my tax dollars to pay for their jail time later, so I would rather curb it now.

Well, I have been waiting for the "raised by the village" BS retort.
So, you are fine with Social Engineering, so long as it models after your own beliefs.
No wonder our Country is Swirling the Toilet. People like you continue to march down the Baby Boomers Progressive way of thought, and force others to take it via law.
I raise MY Child how I see fit. Not how the WORLD, you or UN types.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
homosexuality is not an illness, ergo it cannot be 'cured'. it is just one's personal sexual inclination. i couldn't care less who is or is not gay.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
homosexuality is not an illness, ergo it cannot be 'cured'. it is just one's personal sexual inclination. i couldn't care less who is or is not gay.

Pretty much agreed.
But, it is other people's free will and choice to believe it another way, and to teach that to THEIR children.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
I'm christian. I have no opinion on homosexuality except, God said it's wrong. Haven't heard anything from the last 2 millenia indicating He changed his mind.

Too bad you can't think for yourself.

Jesus said nothing about it - - - and the bible was written by man.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Uhm….I think therapy for sexual orientation is a bit strange. I wonder what the success rate is????

From the leader of EXODUS (pray the gay away)

"Do I think there are people living a gay Christian life who are going to be in heaven with me?" he asks rhetorically. "I do. If they have a relationship with God." He says that Christians should now shift from "change" to "acceptance" because the gay cure doesn't work and gays who believe in God can know God as intimately as any heterosexual person. www.advocate.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Pretty much agreed.
But, it is other people's free will and choice to believe it another way, and to teach that to THEIR children.

Kind of like forcing Left Handed kids to be Right Handed.

Sexual orientation is how "the soup was stirred" - - - it is not a choice.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Make sure you keep the razor blades and medications away from YOUR kids. If you are as hard on them, or god forbid, they are different from you, as you seem to be, then you might want to keep a close eye on them.
I get that you don't think anyone should tell people how to raise their kids, but children are legal citizens of the United States of America and as such have basic rights, such as not being harmed by people entrusted with their care and well being, and putting them through something that could greatly increase their chances of becoming depressed enough to commit suicide is harming them and neglectful.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Nothing like having the Govt tell you what you can and can't do in regards to YOUR OWN KIDS.

Well, as regards their sexuality, I'm more interested in what my kids have to say, and I believe this thread is about allowing them that right.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How exactly can something be "cured" that is neither sickness or disease?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Well, I have been waiting for the "raised by the village" BS retort.
So, you are fine with Social Engineering, so long as it models after your own beliefs.
No wonder our Country is Swirling the Toilet. People like you continue to march down the Baby Boomers Progressive way of thought, and force others to take it via law.
I raise MY Child how I see fit. Not how the WORLD, you or UN types.

So if you think its okay to beat your child, the rest of the world should just deal with it? I hope you see how asinine your statement is

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by macmanGood hell, when will people stop looking to the Govt to outlaw everything that THEY don't agree with.

This is an excellent question, and on that note - how is the religious movement to outlaw abortions going?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If you wanna cure a sissy boy just bring em to a strip club and get em a few lap dances, then get em laid by some hot stripper. that will cure em real fast!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

s/f op. I will tell you point blank. If you are looking for support on traditional values. Support that says The Government has no right to get in the middle of homosexual rights and gay lifestyle and do what they are supposed to do, that being Defend The Constitution and not act as criminals against it ( which this president and congress is guilty of, you are in the wrong place. The pursuit of life liberty and happiness is all but gone and the lifestyle of the homosexual is their business and they wont stop till they make it everyone's business.

But there is one other issue. I have a right and you have a right to not want our children or our elderly mother oh and yes even myself exposed to this. I will say it. We have rights , yes. If a person wants to sew on some of this. Cut off some of that, because they have "Issues" more power to them butyour not gonna teach my kids from your books that promote it. you not going to destroy my rights to not have to listen to and look at that behavior. See its not enough to have their freedom to be homosexuals. They want to flaunt it in the face of heterosexuals and have the right to retard the rights of others who are appalled by it.

I have nothing against a gay man or woman. Keep it in your bedroom.
I don't talk about my sexual issues or preferences to everyone that has ears to hear me or eyes to see me portray my sexual issues or preferences and then say it's my right and freedom to make others deal with my heterosexual orientation . BTW don't try to tell me you believe in that book that you have a right to believe is truth. Otherwise you are going to be told your less than normal and your beliefs are the beliefs of a fool in Santa Clause

If Obama went on national television to talk about his sexual orientation as a heterosexual I would find it equally distasteful, unnecessary, pointless, offensive. and criminal to the ears and eyes of my children. Norw I am going to have to listen to how dare I hate gays etc. I don't hate gays, or people of other colors etc. I do hate homosexuality and racism and bank robbery cause it is dangerous to , dare I say it OTHERS.

I have heard people actually say they can't help it when they have to steal anything that isn't chained down. Why don't we start an equal rights for bank robbers and rapists. I am sure they have their reasons for what they wish they could get away with.. They have rights right?

Here we are. sending the pure little hearts to school that is going to tell them about the "Rights" of homosexuals and warn them about patriotism and believing in God. They really need that education in grade school. Senate passing legislation to give rights to homosexuals as they are taken from straight people.

Does this mean that the mothers that gave birth to them made a mistake cause they had husbands? I really don't get it and frankly don't need to get it.

If I want to run down the street naked I have that right. But you have no right to be offended by it? That's exactly what they are pushing for in concept.

Like 99% of the human experience on this planet it boils down to choice. no one is forcing homosexuals to stop or quit their sexual orientation cant you just do it in your bed? who wants to hear your sexual preferences? Why would you even want to talk to others about your intimacies? Maybe we have to accept who we are in life.. But do we have to tell everyone else too?

Its not about equal rights for homosexuals. Its all about homosexuals wanting equal rights for homosexuality. They wont stop "Pushing" the white house and friends the head of the Human Equal Rights said. See they aren't happy being homosexuals. That's not enough. They wan't the whole country, the whole world to be just like they are in their homosexual practices. They want to tell you how and what your kids can and should do while they push the Government to pass laws against parents that want to try to get their flesh and blood children help and maybe straight. Then they say well we don't want them depressed so lets leave um as is and go after mom and dad.. take their rights to try to help their kids.

Its the mindset of the person who says your wrong for telling me I cant do whatever I want and if it bothers others too bad.. I heard a story of a 19 year old kid that wanted to cut off his feet and hands so he could be considered disabled and not have to find a job and work the rest of his life. When questioned about such thoughts he said I'm not crazy I have hated the thought of having to go to work everyday when I can get paid and do as I CHOOSE!

Sounds normal to me.. after all he has rights.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

You should put all the verse in, not just the part that fits your opinions. you show the first half below.

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2)

But it goes on to say,,

All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2 Those who have believing masters should not show them disrespect just because they are fellow believers. Instead, they should serve them even better because their masters are dear to them as fellow believers and are devoted to the welfare[a] of their slaves.

Devoted to the WELFARE of THEIR SLAVES.

You take that versa so far out of context. The Servant / Master relationship was not meant to be oppressive. They were mostly "live in" housekeepers and estate maintenance workers and personal servants. They weren't lead around in collars to till the fields or bring the bath water. They were paid and fed and most didn't.t have their own homes so they lived where they worked. The word slave was a title of a person who worked for someone. The word master was used for those who paid for the service. Yes there were isolated cases of bondage but it wasn't anything like you try to insinuate out of The Book of Timothy. What your painting a picture of is the slavery of The Egyptians over The Jews of Moses time etc. The context of Timothy's statement ref master/servant compared to the bondage of the Children Of Israel, isn't in the same ballpark. Its not in the same state even.

BTW The bible talks of slavery not because god invented it. Man started it and it was a part of life and thus Timothy say's basically, If you work for a man or household then work hard and be an honest worker. Equally he says if you have person or people working for you , treat them right cause god is watching... Does that make any sense to you? Its practical stuff for a practical life and happiness on the job ..

edit on 22-8-2012 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Kind of like forcing Left Handed kids to be Right Handed.

Sexual orientation is how "the soup was stirred" - - - it is not a choice.

Still the Choice of the parent, not the Govt.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndlessFire
Make sure you keep the razor blades and medications away from YOUR kids. If you are as hard on them, or god forbid, they are different from you, as you seem to be, then you might want to keep a close eye on them.

How so? I have stated in several posts that this is not the choice I would take, in regards to my kids.
Foot taste good???

Originally posted by EndlessFire
I get that you don't think anyone should tell people how to raise their kids, but children are legal citizens of the United States of America and as such have basic rights, such as not being harmed by people entrusted with their care and well being, and putting them through something that could greatly increase their chances of becoming depressed enough to commit suicide is harming them and neglectful.

No, they are minors. Legally bound to the parent(s) or caregiver.
This bill operates under the idea that the study provided is the end all, be all of this idea that kids can be counseled out of being homosexual. Too bad that is just not so, as a single study, or a small group of studies is not the end of discussion.

So, it, just as most mental and psychological, is not concrete and can be refuted many times over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join