It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill banning parents from trying to 'cure' gay kids moves forward

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I completely agree with you on this one. I don't particularly like the idea of telling people how to raise their kids. However homosexual children have an extremely hard time gaining social acceptance as it is. And allowing the pray away gay "cure" certainly could make not only social acceptance harder, but self acceptance as well. Legitimate therapy I have no issue with, but this I just really don't know. It just doesn't sit well with me especially now that former advocates and "cured" gays treated in this manner are coming out against it now. Very tricky and a very slippery slope.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
I'm christian. I have no opinion on homosexuality except, God said it's wrong. Haven't heard anything from the last 2 millenia indicating He changed his mind.

The opening statement of the OP is perhaps the most ridiculous I've ever read on ATS. It is utterly oxymoronic. You state you have no opinion and then immediately basically say "God" gave me my opinion.

Oh how wonderful life would be if we never had to take responsibility for anything because "God" made us do it. Your point is no more rational, EXACTLY equal and as valid as a murderer who claims "God told me to do it."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I think the bible says you're supposed to kill gay people:

"Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

And indeed that is the position of many on the Right I suspect, but only whispered among their clan in wistful and wishful breaths. For sure it is the position of the FLC, which lobbied Congress not to denounce American pastors in Uganda promoting official execution of gays. If they had the public support, you can be certain that groups like this, the Westboro Baptist Church and I suspect a sizable portion of the extreme Right would support gay execution in this country.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Oops, caught in a lie, huh buddy?

I would write this in crayon, but it still may not help.
Please show me where I stated beatings were ok or legit.
Now, I wonder, do both of your feet taste the same, or is the right different to the left.

Mental abuse:
domestic-violence.laws.com...

While it is difficult to define, it is ABSOLUTELY illegal, and has been used in court for many different things.

Being well versed in the statutes and laws revolving around Domestic Violence, there is not one Federal or State statute you provided. Only an article that talks about what people should look for, and how to get away from it.

Since both feet are in there, is there something else you can stick in your mouth?

Mental abuse has been used as a defense by predominantly woman, that kill their abuser. But, that also includes Physical abuse.

SOOOOO..............AGAIN.................Where are these magical statutes you think exist.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Oops, caught in a lie, huh buddy?

I would write this in crayon, but it still may not help.
Please show me where I stated beatings were ok or legit.
Now, I wonder, do both of your feet taste the same, or is the right different to the left.

Mental abuse:
domestic-violence.laws.com...

While it is difficult to define, it is ABSOLUTELY illegal, and has been used in court for many different things.

Being well versed in the statutes and laws revolving around Domestic Violence, there is not one Federal or State statute you provided. Only an article that talks about what people should look for, and how to get away from it.

Since both feet are in there, is there something else you can stick in your mouth?

Mental abuse has been used as a defense by predominantly woman, that kill their abuser. But, that also includes Physical abuse.

SOOOOO..............AGAIN.................Where are these magical statutes you think exist.

Do you guys get together and agree on a stupid ad hom for each week? This "crayon" one is really played out.

I provided the quote where you said, flat out, that you can raise your child as you see fit, and no one else should be able to say anything. Backtrack all you want, you said it, you denied it, I quoted it, and you are caught.

Are you really claiming that there have been no arrests based on mental abuse? That it isnt used to decide custody in divorce? That people arent fired all the time for mentally abusing coworkers?

Again, backtrack all you want. You are caught, and proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Do you guys get together and agree on a stupid ad hom for each week? This "crayon" one is really played out.

I provided the quote where you said, flat out, that you can raise your child as you see fit, and no one else should be able to say anything. Backtrack all you want, you said it, you denied it, I quoted it, and you are caught.

Where is the quote that I stated I agreed with beatings?
You, in an effort to win the argument, are twisting written text into something it is not. Nice try again, but, getting old.
I will raise my kids how I see fit. Never stated that included beatings. Are you sure you can read English, as my original statement, and quoted statement does not have beatings included.
derpa derpa I guess .

Are you really claiming that there have been no arrests based on mental abuse?

Not claiming. Telling you flat out.
Please, call your local PD and ask the question if they can arrest someone for mentally abusing you.
You have yet, over the course of a couple of hours of searching I bet, can't find one statute for this.

That it isnt used to decide custody in divorce? That people arent fired all the time for mentally abusing coworkers?

Oh, so now you are changing the argument. First was illegal. Now, it is within the world of the Civil matter of Divorce or Working at a company and Company Policy. Nice to change horses mid stream.

You really should keep your feet in your mouth, it must be a common occurrence for you.

Again.............................Please provide me the Federal, State or Local Statute that not only makes mental abuse illegal, but specifically defines mental abuse.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Where is the quote that I stated I agreed with beatings?
You, in an effort to win the argument, are twisting written text into something it is not. Nice try again, but, getting old.
I will raise my kids how I see fit. Never stated that included beatings. Are you sure you can read English, as my original statement, and quoted statement does not have beatings included.
derpa derpa I guess .

Are you really claiming that there have been no arrests based on mental abuse?

Not claiming. Telling you flat out.
Please, call your local PD and ask the question if they can arrest someone for mentally abusing you.
You have yet, over the course of a couple of hours of searching I bet, can't find one statute for this.

That it isnt used to decide custody in divorce? That people arent fired all the time for mentally abusing coworkers?

Oh, so now you are changing the argument. First was illegal. Now, it is within the world of the Civil matter of Divorce or Working at a company and Company Policy. Nice to change horses mid stream.

You really should keep your feet in your mouth, it must be a common occurrence for you.

Again.............................Please provide me the Federal, State or Local Statute that not only makes mental abuse illegal, but specifically defines mental abuse.

Backpeddle, backpeddle. Are you denying that you said what I quoted? Are you denying that you said you can raise your kid as you see fit and no one else can say anything about it? Either you are a liar, or realize that your foot is in your mouth and are trying to distance yourself. Either way, you're caught. The quote is there for all to see.

I am not going to play your game of semantics anymore. Go ahead and mentally abuse your child. They wont be with you very long.

For the record though, if you really need to be taught about psychological abuse, all you need to do is look up domestic abuse laws. Psychological abuse is included in ALL of them.
edit on 22-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Backpeddle, backpeddle. Are you denying that you said what I quoted? Are you denying that you said you can raise your kid as you see fit and no one else can say anything about it? Either you are a liar, or realize that your foot is in your mouth and are trying to distance yourself. Either way, you're caught. The quote is there for all to see.

Nope, not denying that is what I said. Word for word.
But, never said beatings. You included that. Way to go there.

I am not going to play your game of semantics anymore. Go ahead and mentally abuse your child. They wont be with you very long.

Oh nose!!!!!!! Someone on the internet said my kids will leave me. I shall cry in the corner. Will you play the violin for me?

Still waiting on those legal statutes you think exist.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Nope, not denying that is what I said. Word for word.
But, never said beatings. You included that. Way to go there.

Oh nose!!!!!!! Someone on the internet said my kids will leave me. I shall cry in the corner. Will you play the violin for me?

Still waiting on those legal statutes you think exist.

Yes I did go there. You said you can raise your child as you see fit, and no one else should be able to say anything. That would include beatings, if it is what you saw fit. There is no way for you to backpeddle out of that one.

Again, look up domestic abuse laws. Psychological abuse is included.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes I did go there. You said you can raise your child as you see fit, and no one else should be able to say anything. That would include beatings, if it is what you saw fit. There is no way for you to backpeddle out of that one.

Sorry, but maybe in your warped sense of raising a child includes beatings. Mine does not.

No, no it is not. Domestic abuse laws does not make mental abuse illegal, as it can't be legally defined. Mental abuse for one could be calling names. For another, just having them walk outside.

But, you go ahead and keep thinking that. My challenge still stands. Call your local PD and ask and please provide me ACTUAL statutes that provide this.

Other wise, you have lost.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sorry, but maybe in your warped sense of raising a child includes beatings. Mine does not.

No, no it is not. Domestic abuse laws does not make mental abuse illegal, as it can't be legally defined. Mental abuse for one could be calling names. For another, just having them walk outside.

But, you go ahead and keep thinking that. My challenge still stands. Call your local PD and ask and please provide me ACTUAL statutes that provide this.

Other wise, you have lost.

1)But if it did, nobody should be able to say anything about it, right? Those were your words.

2)So in other words, even though psychological abuse is used in courts, is named in domestic abuse laws, etc, you still wont recognize that it is illegal. Fair enough. As I said before, try mentally abusing your child. See if its legal.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So in other words, even though psychological abuse is used in courts, is named in domestic abuse laws, etc, you still wont recognize that it is illegal. Fair enough. As I said before, try mentally abusing your child. See if its legal.

If parents actually investigated what procedures went on in these Reparative Therapy groups - - - they'd probably support this law.

Its unfortunate - - that the fear of having a homosexual child - - - takes priority over good sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

1)But if it did, nobody should be able to say anything about it, right? Those were your words.

Oh, so now were are working in the realm of what ifs? Nice to play in the fantasy world.
Again, please show me where I stated I was for beatings.
Please show me where I stated beatings were part of raising children.
You are operating in the I hate kittens world. Since I never stated I liked kittens, then I must hate kittens. Since I never came out and stated I am against killing kittens, then I must be for killing kittens.
Your attempt at the Alinsky Way is very very poor.
I would say nice try, but it really wasn't. Again, poor at best.

2)So in other words, even though psychological abuse is used in courts, is named in domestic abuse laws, etc, you still wont recognize that it is illegal. Fair enough. As I said before, try mentally abusing your child. See if its legal.

Please, please please please please pretty please with sugar on top. Provide the Federal, State or Local Statute that outlines this...
I beg you.

Otherwise, all that you are suggesting is false, and shows your ignorance towards legal matters.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
Yes, the authoritative right to not be psychologically damaged by their parents. Shame on them.
edit on 20-8-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

So, you and a handful or moronic Progressive Lawmakers get to deem what is damaging, what limits there are and what needs to be lawful and unlawful?

Yes, Shame on them and SHAME on you. You are correct in your retort, at least half way.
But it isn't deemed damaging based on the opinions of the few, but by actual scientific evidence. Children shouldn't have to suffer just because a couple of people like you choose to be ignorant.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I would support any bill that protects all ages from brainwashing by organizations that call themselves religious.

These archaic, infantile 'faiths' are responsible for endless subjugation, genocide, and overpopulation, to say nothing of stifling any hopes for an intelligent human experience.

What mad sadist would institute and perpetuate such blind obedience, arrogance and beastly behaviour?
If this is something you have the audacity to call Your God, you stagnate even far beneath the lowly worm who strives alongside Nature toward perfection.

These 'faiths' subsist and thrive on MONEY. FOLLOW that money and you shall see the light shine on the hands of those pulling the strings of your "God".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What if your son wants to be a girl?

So parents can't try to "cure" him?
edit on 23-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

If your son is born girl in a male body - - - then that is what he is.

Do you not understand - - that is what he is?

Cure? Should we cure you because you are born with 2 legs?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by jonnywhite

If your son is born girl in a male body - - - then that is what he is.

Do you not understand - - that is what he is?

Cure? Should we cure you because you are born with 2 legs?
My former signature here was as follows: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

It applies to this thread on so many levels. The tragedy is that those who truly refuse to get it are doomed to messing up any of their kids that happen to be born with Gay Kooties. It's a sad day when dogma and 'rights' trump love and compassion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Better yet, show me where I said that you beat your children. Go on. Ill wait. You are apparently lost on what was being said.

So go on, backpeddle, deflect, lie. Its all good.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Bill banning parents from trying to 'cure' gay kids moves forward

Is there also going to be a bill, banning parents from trying to "cure" their children's heterosexuality?

(Second Line)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join