It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill banning parents from trying to 'cure' gay kids moves forward

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by NavyDoc

I honestly don't care what "official crap" you pull up.

I've had a lifetime of doctors of all flavors - - even a couple psychiatrists (because it was all in my head). I know we need doctors - - but I'm not a big fan.

Doctors need to listen to their patients more. I probably wouldn't have had a lifetime of physical suffering - - if just one of them had dug a little deeper.

"Trans" is a very new field. Their issues are multiple - - - and hardly all physically related.

DONE NOW.

"Official crap?" That is what you consider science? LOL. I get it you do not care about reason or science, just emotion. I can swing with that, but let's be honest about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Turn on the TV for a discussion/debate. There sits 3 EXPERTS.

3 EXPERTS - - all arguing what is right.

Guess what - - it all boils down to personal opinion.

MY EXPERT vs YOUR EXPERT.

Yes - - - documentation can add to discussion. But when it becomes "mine vs yours" - - I'm not interested. I want YOUR personal opinion - - - not what you can copy and paste.

Harass me - chastise me all you want. You want to play "mine vs yours" - - - go play with someone else.

That's just not me.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Turn on the TV for a discussion/debate. There sits 3 EXPERTS.

3 EXPERTS - - all arguing what is right.

Guess what - - it all boils down to personal opinion.

MY EXPERT vs YOUR EXPERT.

Yes - - - documentation can add to discussion. But when it becomes "mine vs yours" - - I'm not interested. I want YOUR personal opinion - - - not what you can copy and paste.

Harass me - chastise me all you want. You want to play "mine vs yours" - - - go play with someone else.

That's just not me.

The literature is hte literature. Science is science. You have an emotional position and you don't care about either the logic or science, as you have said so repeatedly. I have said several times that a consenting adult can and should do whatever they want, but that doing things to children who cannot consent is the problematic issue and the hypocritical failing of the one sided, emotional proponents of the case.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

No, because you call a source bunk without even reading it. That makes you a troll, my friend. And not a very good one.

A crafty trap? Naw, it was a fairly simple one.
edit on 29-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Nope, I read it. And after re-reading it, noticed the URL.
You tried to peddle BS and were caught. Now, like a 5 year old, don't like that you were caught and try to blame others for either your mistake or blatant attempt to deceive.

TheImmaculateD1, is that you???

If you say so, kiddo. Just like you've read the other sources Ive posted

You got set up, you bought it, you lost. Need a tissue?

Again, this is just stupid. You admit that that there are limitations on how you can raise your children, yet you still stand firmly by your comments that you can raise them any way you want, and no one can have a say. Ever heard of the term "oxymoron"?

I provide you with the government definition of domestic abuse, which includes psychological abuse. You still wont admit it is illegal.

Maybe you are too busy with your "ad hominid"

You have made it quite clear that you wont back down from your stance, even though it has been proven wrong. So what is the point of keeping going with this?

edit on 30-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You are still going round and round. Either you truly dont get it, or you are being intentionally obtuse. Either way, this is stupid.

Ad hominid? Good lord, I'm debating someone who doesnt even have a basic vocabulary. I am now embarrassed for wasting this much time on you.

What attacks????
I'm not the one calling others trolls. Thought that was a no no established by the mods and rules here??
Nothing like making your own crap up. You know, rules, offsite web quotes and imaginary laws that you fail to provide actual statutes to.

And now you are claiming domestic abuse is legal too. And you say I have a twisted view on things

Sure sure Mr. Alinsky.
Never said that. Please provide my quote stating as such. Maybe a quote from when I lived in Australia.

1)I dont know what ad hominid is. So you will have to answer that on your own. As for the attacks, all you need to do is go back and look at your posts. They are there (such as saying that this has something to do with my own past).

2)You did say that, or else you are proving, once again, that you havent been reading the sources, as I provided the government definition of domestic abuse, which includes, in plain english, psychological abuse. You are still claiming it is legal.

3)Mr. Alinsky? Stupid little pictures? Yeah, no trolling here

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

1)I dont know what ad hominid is. So you will have to answer that on your own. As for the attacks, all you need to do is go back and look at your posts. They are there (such as saying that this has something to do with my own past).

Oh ZING!! You got me. I misspelled Hominid. OH NOES, that makes all responses illegitimate. You got me Das Spelling Fuhrer.
As for Ad Hominem attacks, Please provide where that is.
Making the statement that I did, in regards to you assuming that beatings are included in raising kids, and then applying a 1+2=3 approach that you think that is part of it is very reasonable. One knows what one experiences. So......................................

2)You did say that, or else you are proving, once again, that you havent been reading the sources, as I provided the government definition of domestic abuse, which includes, in plain english, psychological abuse. You are still claiming it is legal.

Let me explain the whole legal process thing to you. Within law, criminal law, the way the laws are written, defined and enforced is by Statute. Whether it be Local, State or Federal it is still a statute.
You have failed now for several days to provide A-N-Y statute where it outlaws verbal abuse and/or mental abuse.
You provided some real nifty sites about what should happen and a Wonderful Australia article that you tried to pitch as relevant to US Law. That is about it.

Don't be surprised when you get smacked down by the mods for calling another member a Troll.
Have fun with that.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If you say so, kiddo. Just like you've read the other sources Ive posted

Sure did. And still no Statutes for Law.

You got set up, you bought it, you lost. Need a tissue?

Lost what???
You were called out on an article that you tried to pass as relevant.

Again, this is just stupid. You admit that that there are limitations on how you can raise your children, yet you still stand firmly by your comments that you can raise them any way you want, and no one can have a say.

Beatings aren't included in how I raise my kids. Maybe that is how you do it, not I.

I provide you with the government definition of domestic abuse, which includes psychological abuse. You still wont admit it is illegal.

Nope, as it is not Statute related. So..........no statute, no law. That is about as easy as it gets.

Maybe you are too busy with your "ad hominid"

Oh, ya got me. That is about the only thing you have been right on.

You have made it quite clear that you wont back down from your stance, even though it has been proven wrong. So what is the point of keeping going with this?

The point is that you have provided no Law/Statute to back up your BS.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oh ZING!! You got me. I misspelled Hominid. OH NOES, that makes all responses illegitimate. You got me Das Spelling Fuhrer.
As for Ad Hominem attacks, Please provide where that is.
Making the statement that I did, in regards to you assuming that beatings are included in raising kids, and then applying a 1+2=3 approach that you think that is part of it is very reasonable. One knows what one experiences. So......................................

Let me explain the whole legal process thing to you. Within law, criminal law, the way the laws are written, defined and enforced is by Statute. Whether it be Local, State or Federal it is still a statute.
You have failed now for several days to provide A-N-Y statute where it outlaws verbal abuse and/or mental abuse.
You provided some real nifty sites about what should happen and a Wonderful Australia article that you tried to pitch as relevant to US Law. That is about it.

Don't be surprised when you get smacked down by the mods for calling another member a Troll.
Have fun with that.

1)No, it has nothing to do with how you spelled hominid. Try again. And, again, please show me where I said that raising your kids includes beatings. Again, you are either VERY lost, are deflecting because you know your premise was proven false, or are being intentionally obtuse. In any case, its moot, and infantile.

2)I have, however, provided laws about domestic abuse, which, by definition includes psychological abuse. You simply refuse to accept them.

3)Like I said, no trolling at all

4)Here are a few more. Last time I will post them, as I fully expect you wont accept these either.
www.pdxdvguide.com...
www.purpleberets.org...
definitions.uslegal.com...

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

1)No, it has nothing to do with how you spelled hominid. Try again. And, again, please show me where I said that raising your kids includes beatings. Again, you are either VERY lost, are deflecting because you know your premise was proven false, or are being intentionally obtuse. In any case, its moot, and infantile.

So, beatings are not part of raising children. Ok, so I can raise my kids how I see fit. Thanks for that.

2)I have, however, provided laws about domestic abuse, which, by definition includes psychological abuse. You simply refuse to accept them.

What statutes?????? None.....Zero......ZIP.

3)Like I said, no trolling at all

Sure sure.

4)Here are a few more. Last time I will post them, as I fully expect you wont accept these either.

Ok, line by line.

www.pdxdvguide.com...

Typical Domestic Violence Charges
The most common domestic violence crimes in Oregon are misdemeanors – harassment and Assault IV. Below is a list of the most commonly charged Domestic Violence offenses, and what act each charge alleges.

Assault IV (misdemeanor – ORS 163.160) – intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing injury to another
Harassment (misdemeanor – ORS 166.065) – intentionally subjecting another to annoying or harassing physical contact (no injury is required)
Assault IV (felony – ORS 163.160) – committing a misdemeanor Assault IV in the presence of one of the parties’ minor children; OR committing a misdemeanor Assault IV against a party whom you have previously been convicted of assaulting in the past
Coercion (felony – ORS 163.275) – Threatening another person in order to keep that person from doing something to which they are entitled; OR threatening another person in order to make them do something they do not want to do (no injury is required)
Menacing (misdemeanor – ORS 163.190) Intentionally placing another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury
Strangulation (misdemeanor – 163.187) Intentionally or knowingly impeding the breathing or blood circulation of another by applying pressure to the throat or neck

This list does not include all potential crimes. Nor does it include the more serious ones, including Rape, Robbery, and Kidnapping. If you are charged with any crime of Domestic Violence, whether a minor misdemeanor or major felony, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible.

Nothing about verbal nor mental abuse.

www.purpleberets.org...

Did you even read this as well??
Aside from being from 2000, there is nothing in there in regards to laws for verbal or mental abuse.

definitions.uslegal.com...

Verbal abuse is the use of words to cause harm to the person being spoken to. It is difficult to define and may take many forms. Similarly, the harm caused is often difficult to measure. The most commonly understood form is name-calling. Verbal abuse may consist of shouting, insulting, intimidating, threatening, shaming, demeaning, or derogatory language, among other forms of communication.

Perpetrators of verbal abuse often misuse their authority and prey on those in a subordinate position. Victims of verbal abuse are often told they are to blame for the abuser's behavior and reluctant to take action to end the abuse. Verbal abuse may lead to stress, depression, physical ailments, and other damage.
Ok.....I still don't think you get it.
Lets look at several things. This is a definition of verbal abuse, that you provided, yet it has statements like

It is difficult to define

It does not state ANYWHERE that it is criminal in nature.

SO as a summary you have provided websites that are nice to look at and all. But, have yet to provide any LEGAL STATUTE to your claim.

Please, I beg you, keep them coming as this is very fun.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I really like this part.

Mother Convicted Of Mental Abuse In Stripper's Suicide By Maya Bell, Sentinel Miami Bureau October 31, 1987

Was this over turned?????

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And what other trails and arrests have happened since?
Sounds like the other side of the story is here maybe????
theresajacksonstory.tripod.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Still waiting on ANY Statute that you can come up with.

A-N-Y!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

1)You still dont get it. You really dont, and its really sad. I truly feel bad for you. You cannot raise your kids as you see fit. You can raise your kids as you see fit, within the law. Maybe the use of the term "you" is confusing you here, and causing you to take it personally, instead of logically. If a person can raise their child as they see fit, that would include ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that a person sees fit. Are you now trying to claim that there arent people that see it fit to hit their kids in raising them?

2)As I already said, you wont accept them. Dont expect any more from me. I POSTED A CONVICTION on mental abuse. thats still not good enough for you. Nothing will be. As I said, you have already stated that you will not back away from your position, even though you have been proven wrong. So whats the point?

3)Ive already provided the government definition of domestic abuse, which specifically includes psychological abuse. You STILL wont accept it.

4)Still not sure why I am wasting time with someone who thinks "ad hominid" is anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

1)You still dont get it. You really dont, and its really sad. I truly feel bad for you. You cannot raise your kids as you see fit. You can raise your kids as you see fit, within the law. Maybe the use of the term "you" is confusing you here, and causing you to take it personally, instead of logically. If a person can raise their child as they see fit, that would include ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that a person sees fit. Are you now trying to claim that there arent people that see it fit to hit their kids in raising them?

Who ever said outside the confines of law?
The law, as it stands, does not outlaw how I raise my kids. RAISING KIDS DOES NOT INCLUDE BEATING THEM. I think that is very clear. Even a Caveman can understand that.
Hitting is different then physical abuse. For the difference, maybe try your already failed Google searches to check local and state laws.
Having a history in Law Enforcement, I know and understand the laws that you are trying to pitch. Domestic Violence and Disputes? Been there, done that. You clearly have no grasp into this and really should just admit that, as your continued failure to provide websites it the sad part.
I request a Statute, and you have yet to provide anything remotely near one.

2)As I already said, you wont accept them. Dont expect any more from me. I POSTED A CONVICTION on mental abuse. thats still not good enough for you. Nothing will be. As I said, you have already stated that you will not back away from your position, even though you have been proven wrong. So whats the point?

A single conviction from 1987 is your smoking gun???? WOW. And lets look at that conviction. Being there is always at least 2 sides, the conviction seems to be of in the world of political pressure.
Funny, as there don't seem to be any other convictions.

3)Ive already provided the government definition of domestic abuse, which specifically includes psychological abuse. You STILL wont accept it.

No, you provide a page from USLEGAL that gave some definitions. No reference to Statutes or physical laws. That is a reference page for lawyers, not how a State defines this or that.
Again, you have no clue as to laws and such.

4)Still not sure why I am wasting time with someone who thinks "ad hominid" is anything.

Oh, the whole grammar Nazi thing again???
I really should not expect anything less from a person like you.

edit on 31-8-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

As Ive already said, I am done with this, as it is stupid, and I dont like feeding trolls.

Please, though, enlighten us all on what ad hominid is.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

As Ive already said, I am done with this, as it is stupid, and I dont like feeding trolls.

Why quit now?
Maybe because you can't find any Statutes to support your BS?? Nah.....Can't be that. You are obvilously taking the higher path here

A grammatical error on my part. Not that difficult to understand there "Smartest person on ATS"

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why quit now?
Maybe because you can't find any Statutes to support your BS?? Nah.....Can't be that. You are obvilously taking the higher path here

A grammatical error on my part. Not that difficult to understand there "Smartest person on ATS"

edit on 31-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: because i wont feed the trolls anymore

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

edit on 31-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: because i wont feed the trolls anymore

Such the high road

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join