It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hypocrisy Towards Homosexuality: A Personal Revelation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I have to tell you...

Hearing a man say this makes me
too.

I get what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Annee

Exactly.

There is not one unselfish reason to bring another child into this world.

You sound like you would support a program of enforced homosexuality as population reduction.

what about wanting another human being to experience the joys of existence?

How does there is no unselfish reason for bringing another child into this world relate to homosexuals in any way?

It doesn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How does there is no unselfish reason for bringing another child into this world relate to homosexuals in any way?

It doesn't.

Well, if you are going to ask me a question, and then immediately answer the question for me....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'm a male and I would state that personally find two men charring a close sexualized relation very displeasing (not the idea or realization that they may do so, but the literary, graphical or visual representation of such actions will cause in me extreme repulsion, like many things that I would actively make an effort not to see. I also have a similar even if lessen distaste for seeing a man in drags or a female with very masculine traces. I do not believe that this is a cultural thing, even if I could admit that habituation would probably decrease what I see as an instinctual response to strangeness, that to me seems very similar but stronger example of the phenomenon of the uncanny valley.

I'm all for personal freedoms. I defend equality of both sexes and non-discrimination based on sexual preferences much like the OP. I do however have contradictory feelings feeling regarding gay adoption and parenting of a same sex child, only based on the more psycho-social burden for the child, in a perfect world I think that it should be avoided but we do not live in a perfect world and the alternatives and even how heterosexual couples do family planing makes it a very moot point in today's social reality.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Annee

I have to tell you...

too.

Seriously!

I came of age in 1964 prior to any protection for women in the work place.

I was grabbed - - locked in storage rooms - - propositioned by bosses - - etc.

Unless this aggressive "gay guy" is the owner of the company - - - the poster is blowing out his ass.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

what would you do if someone was trying to turn your children gay?

(Second Line)

Is someone trying to turn your children gay? Please, tell me more. I have never seen this in action. I get Jehovah witnesses and mormons at the door all the time but the "let's all be gay" church never rings my door.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Annee

I have to tell you...

too.

Seriously!

I came of age in 1964 prior to any protection for women in the work place.

I was grabbed - - locked in storage rooms - - propositioned by bosses - - etc.

Unless this aggressive "gay guy" is the owner of the company - - - the poster is blowing out his ass.

I came of age well after you... and had the same things happen.

So no sympathy over here for him. For every unwelcome gay advance there are 500 unwelcome straight advances one could point to.

Please.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

wanting another human being to experience the joys of existence

In my view this is not a correct motive for procreation, since you have few in any control of how joyfully your offspring will experience life. You do however have a legal and social responsibility towards your offspring that by a cold examination of history and mathematical extrapolation of future possibilities will guarantee a very high probability that it will be less joyful than yours...

edit on 19-8-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by otherpotato

Is someone trying to turn your children gay? Please, tell me more.

If you insist, then I shall enlighten you:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply. The question is used as a rhetorical device, posed for the sake of encouraging its listener to consider a message or viewpoint. Though these are technically questions, they do not always require a question mark.

Why would you ask someone if they would be OK with someone trying to turn their children gay if the question itself is absurd? What examples do you have that people try to "turn people gay"? If you don't have any examples of this then why ask the question?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
The person in question had previously been married with children but had chosen to make a mid-life change.

That person could have been a bisexual from the onset. I am one myself. They exist too.

I have no question in my mind that their change of sexual orientation was one of choice and was motivated by factors other than biological assignment.

Or he was just a bisexual that also happened to be an inconsiderate jerk.

LGBT are people and so are not immune to bad apples.

Some people choose to be celibate.

Many choose heterosexuality.

Some choose homosexuality.

If ATS held a poll and every member participated, I think you would be surprised to see the vast majority of both heterosexual and homosexual and bisexual people say they did't have a choice. And some of the ones that said they did were confused by the question, and thought it was asking about the 'act of sex'

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

what would you do if someone was trying to turn your children gay?

(Second Line)

Is someone trying to turn your children gay? Please, tell me more.

If you insist, then I shall enlighten you:

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point and without the expectation of a reply. The question is used as a rhetorical device, posed for the sake of encouraging its listener to consider a message or viewpoint. Though these are technically questions, they do not always require a question mark.

Why would you ask someone if they would be OK with someone trying to turn their children gay if the question itself is absurd?

But that's not what I asked, is it?

What examples do you have that people try to "turn people gay"? If you don't have any examples of this then why ask the question?

Why would a rhetorical question require examples?

Do you not know what a rhetorical question is, or how it works?

I clearly remember including a link to the wikipedia page on rhetorical questions... did you not read it?
edit on 19-8-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

How did you get a star?

"Okay kids today we're gonna learn about touching. Remember the kissing game? Well today we're gonna do that and have fun, but we're also gonna learn the touching game too and you'll really enjoy that too."

Fire the teacher??

Sorry what other than that were we supposed to get out of that other than finding your post creepy?

You'd be okay with that, since you are okay with Gay rights correct?

Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttttt.

There the answer you wanted.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
While being gay may truly be natural to some, I think for the majority it is a learned or adapted behavior. I don't think it is ok to teach children that it is ok to be gay. To me it is like teaching them it is ok to steal, curse, bully, cheat, have bad table manners, etc. We condition our children to learn many various accepted behaviors as we rear them. I think steering them towards procreative sexual orientation is an important duty for parents. Telling your kids it is ok to be gay is liking telling your 10 year old boy it is ok if he doesn't shower (he never will otherwise) or stay up all night playing video games. Once they are adults and in the event the conditioning doesn't stick, then you let it go and accept it. To do otherwise just opens avenues that children really shouldn't have open.

For the record I come from a large family and the two siblings who had such a 'permissive" rearing style both have gay boys. Be careful out there people.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by r2d246

How did you get a star?

Okay I want a pair of boys and a pair of girls to volenteer to show us how they kiss each other." "Come on kids it's fun, lets just try this."

Fire the teacher??

Sorry what other than that were we supposed to get out of that other than finding your post creepy?

Okay well if you found it creepy I proved my point. Wasn't that easy.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

This is what you seriously believe would happen????

In what world does a sex ed class turn into a demonstration of sex?

Every sex ed class I had was filled with all the reasons why I shouldn't have it. And they convinced me!

It was also very clinical. Lots of talk about the penis, testes, vagina, ovaries... with lots of very "sexy" graphics of the very unsexy organs that we all walk around with. I saw it as quite gross but necessary to understand.

I don't even know what to say to you right now. You live in a world that is absurd beyond understanding.

edit on Mon Aug 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I edited my previous post with additional text.

Yes it was creepy. You were creepy.

You proved something and it was easy. Congrats.

Whatever point you were trying for I just don't see at all.

You definitely come across as the type that think there is a radical homosexual agenda to turn children gay. I honestly have to reduce my intelligence to such a degree that it hurts to converse with people like that.

So I think it's best we end our 'discussion'.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

You do realize if any teacher played a "kissing game" with kids, they would be serving time. It would be a complete violation of their oath of conduct but also criminal. That is actually sexual assault on a child, kissing or touching.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It isn't a rhetorical question what you asked. So there is where you are wrong.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join