It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas A&M Reports Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Just heard about this myself. Another shooting. It's getting so, you're not safe anywhere, these days.

Hope no one was killed or seriously injured!!!

Glad they got the person who did this, I suppose, they're keeping mum on the details but hopefully they'll be able to check out if they're really all just separate incidences. Sure has been quite a few of them lately though.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Sadly, one police officer and one civilian have just been confirmed dead. They have one suspect in custody, possibly another as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
latest update: 4 people shot (2 police, 2 civilians). One police officer has died from gunshot wounds. One civilian has also died from gunshot wounds. The other officer was shot in the leg. The other civilian was shot multiple times in the back and is in surgery now. 2 additional officers sustained unspecified injuries, but were not shot.

Edit to add: the officer that was killed was a County Constable who was serving an eviction notice.
edit on 13-8-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They didn't step out of the house. I think the guy just shot out his door and left it open. In the radio traffic I posted at around 5:20 the cop with a nervous voice, says the guy just shot out his door when the cop coordinating asks for a description.

EDIT:

He was in the living room and just shot out the door.

I think he had the two cops pinned down from what I can tell.

they keep asking for a long gun to find the guy. They couldn't find the guy for about 15 minutes and not everyone knew what house it was.

He then closed the door and locked it. They started talking about going through a back door.

Ok. He had a scope on the gun and they saw him go around back.

then they say a lady was shot in a car.

lady next to a black Lexis is laying on the ground. They want to take this guy out first before getting her.

sent in evac or react team.....suspect coming out. 15 minutes so far.

already there is more than one victim. They say to get to the VICTIMS

so I think he left the house at this point since all of a sudden they can get to the victims.

some one got hit twice in the back in a blue blazer.

they are still trying to coordinate medical. 19 minutes. Then you hear some one say to advise the hospitals to prep for mass casualties.

then they say to preserve the crime scene if some one is shot.

female in blue blazer shot twice in back

more police and constables show up and want to help to coordinate setting a perimeter.

still trying to find him. 21:45

one down not breathing another sot twice in back....22:00

one cop says HE is down. 3111 down. 22.30

605 highland 2 wounded one black tag one red tag for triage

to send another medical further down for another injured..

then another guy says he needs another ambulance for all the other wounded.

Now they talk about the house. They are sending swat to the back yard.

So he didnt leave. 24:00

at fidelity and highland, fidelity is blocked off.

they are sending other units the wrong way, then advising the ambulances to take another route.26:09

they have one more victim to get out, leave one medical on stand by and then will try and go in.

they still want some one on the back door. He is still in the house.

then the guy who was talking before is asking for cold water. Probably for a victim he is protecting. Then a female voice responds and says she will get cold water.

they are going to back board last victim.

305 fidelity & highland female voice calling out another gun shot victim. 29:05

I think at this point they are still sending in more medical, more victims to respond to Lincoln center or from it.
30:00

now they are calling to see if they are clear, maybe to clear out.

two other civilian VICTIMS. The one guy is in the house and they call another street with gun shot wounds.

unless He is using the scope they said he had, then there is another guy,....

32:20 another gun shot wound. another patient. asking to not clear out yet, before sending swat.
possible more victims.

last victim being cleared out. 33:43

woman, yellow tag, two gun shot wounds, just being brought in to medical center. 34:00

35:30 all traffic moved to tac one....?

now they are using cell phones....asking to call each other, guy complained before about too much radio traffic cant speak to command. 37:00

my connection is crapping out. I think that is all....try the last minutes though I think they are just waiting for police to respond now.

last post:
I found this
Texas A&M - Active Shooter - Fire Department Radio Traffic - 8/13/2012

edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
IMO if the mass media keeps reporting about things like this happening on a weekly basis I don't see how there WON'T be gun control.

And I also think all the pro-gun people sound exceedingly paranoid about their personal firearms...

Whenever there is a negative incident of gun violence anywhere, for any reason, they get extremely defensive.

Maybe we should at the very least consider a possible alternative...

And no I'm not a sheep, just getting tried of seeing "Breaking News - New shooting" on my computer.
edit on 13-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Damn, seems I was wrong. I am really tired of people going crazy.

No, seems like they were there for a reason.
Still tired of people going crazy.
edit on 13-8-2012 by chiefsmom because: More info

edit on 13-8-2012 by chiefsmom because: less info

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The suspect has just died.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

The world isn't getting worse, it's the media's portrayal of us all that is focused exclusively on violent acts and ill intent (except for the really big criminals that pay the media to concentrate on everyone but themselves).
Still, any shooting is sad and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Why don't we hear more about the 1200 people shot in Chicago just this year?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The MSM is doing a wretched job of reporting on this... thankfully, the social media universe is keeping us up to date.

It appears as if the suspect/s were waiting for the cops to deliver an eviction notice. Like it was an ambush.

Latest updates have two confirmed dead (one policeman, one civilian) and possibly the gunman who had been shot and taken into custody.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

"Gun -Ban Agenda?"
"Obama has signed a law that permits Amtrak passengers to carry guns in their checked baggage and another that allows visitors to national parks and wildlife refuges to possess concealed guns."
articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Latest update from CNN...

CNN

Rhonda Seaton, a spokeswoman with the College Station police department, told CNN that the three people killed were the constable, the man authorities say opened fire on law enforcement officers and an unidentified civilian.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
[snip]
So, in light of that,

This is a sensless tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and familys.
I can't believe ANOTHER ONE happened.
My heart goes out to these people.

I sure hope everyone is paying attention.

I totally get what you are saying!!

This sounds like another senseless tragedy, and as previous posters have said, they seem to be more & more prevalent in our culture.
In our culture.

edit on 13/8/12 by masqua because: Off topic comment removed from quote

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Deja Voodoo.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sheppard Smith is talking about how "witnesses" claim the man shot at the Constable and the police officers with an "automatic" weapon.

I hate this kind of reporting. It is likely none of the "witnesses" can tell by the rate of fire weather the weapon was full or semi-auto or if it was just a lot of rounds fired quickly with a bolt action rifle or even multiple breach loaders or muskets for that matter.

When they make statements like this it only inflames the "Why does anyone need an "automatic" weapon." debate. Sure in a sense they are right it was likely a semi-auto weapon. However, the media feed the fire because to the uninformed hear "automatic" and envision Rambo or any of Arnold's characters with some belt fed weapon hosing down the populace. I suppose the guy could have a federal full auto stamp or made illegal conversions but I doubt it. He’s being evicted so likely money for that sort of thing isn’t plentiful.

My 1911 is a "automatic weapon" with a detachable magazine but hardly the weapon of mass destruction the average non-gun owner conjures up when he hears the word "automatic". Imagery - manipulating the imagery is all part of the agenda.

I am so glad I already have all the weapons and ammo I will ever need. Shockingly though they were all stolen last week - shame I won't have any to confiscate.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Police Scanner

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade
reply to post by kozmo

"Gun -Ban Agenda?"
"Obama has signed a law that permits Amtrak passengers to carry guns in their checked baggage and another that allows visitors to national parks and wildlife refuges to possess concealed guns."
articles.chicagotribune.com...

LOL - so the Dear Leader has "allowed" me to carry a weapon for self defense in a wilderness park. I feel so...legitimized. I think the constitution allows me to do that already so his "indulgence" is nothing more than sleight of hand. Makes it "appear" as though he's not anti-gun while in reality he's not really granting anything.

As for carrying a weapon in my luggage - I thought owning property and using it in a lawful manner was a right. I hope my baggage doesn't get angry one day and start shooting up the trains. This is silly - again what did he grant? Nothing...he has "allowed" you to take your property from one location to another which I think is a right we already have.

All part of the game - look at my left hand, looky here while I perform the bait and switch.... It’s a feint - watch out for the haymaker is all I can say.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Bah.Who cares. Let the dreamers dream their insane dream, Seekers seek, and the true Children play with their hidden friends.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by badmire

Brazos County Area Fire and EMS Live Audio Feed

not police .....good find anyways. Its live though. They are taling about other events happening now. Like gas leaks and such ....
edit on 13-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Gee, local news confirms a Constable, a civilian and a suspect were killed.

There were multiple other injuries, including injuries to police and civilians. Five are hospitalized.

They also say the scene is clear and there's no present danger.

www.kbtx.com...

Add - Reference the "automatic" weapons reported locally, they simply said "automatic" and didn't specify if they were semi or fully automatic. We DO have people in my area with FULLY automatics though. Yes, we know the difference.
edit on 13/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by Dreine

If you wanted to buy a gun you better do it now. you are fixing to see gun control at its finest.

Absolutely. I'd be willing to bet this guy "acquired his weapon LEGALLY", like the whackos before him.
My husband and I acquired our firearms LEGALLY and we are not rampaging thru the country pickin people off.
If the government wants my guns, come'n get em - FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS.

Love and prayers to all affected.
I do not understand why so many people have to suffer so...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join